Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
All the brakes balance are not valid anymore. PD change something or on the brakes or on the tires grip variation . No time now to explain my feeling but since a few weeks , 1.12 for sure, the thing have changed and brakes are a lot better.
No ABS with standard brakes is much more easy even with higher BB values.
ABS driving with some higher rear brake is really sensitive. You can even feel the tires loosing a part of the front or rear grip with a G27.

I reset systematically any car in my garage when i didn´t drove it since a long time.
IN my opinion, PD did a good job , even with ABS you can feel your car more alive depending of your brake setting, principally online.

So what's the "rule of thumb" now with Brake Balance? What should I expect to feel different with 5/5 vs. 3/5 vs. 5/3 BB, etc.? This is one area I've never fully understood how to set for the best performance, and or how to know whether I should change it or not.

I was hoping you would tinker with that 300 SL coupe. Such a beautiful car and it is already a nice drive. Can't wait to see what you do to it.
Nothing really big to expect from the 300SL tune, just my way, the car is already great even stock.
I 'm waiting for your Caterham! The latest Caterham 620R if not mistaken, is not in this game... I hope you will tune this car better than the 'not for sale' Suzuki GSX-R.
There is only one Caterham Seven Fireblade ’02 in the game, what do you call the *not for sale' Suzuki GSX-R* ???
I have 3 specific track tunes for this car
SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 // 450PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES//APRICOT
SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 // 450PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES//TSUKUBA
SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 //500PP // SPORT HARD TIRES//MOUNT PANORAMA
It´s 9:00.2xx on the De la sierra time attack in my hands. i love it.

So what's the "rule of thumb" now with Brake Balance? What should I expect to feel different with 5/5 vs. 3/5 vs. 5/3 BB, etc.? This is one area I've never fully understood how to set for the best performance, and or how to know whether I should change it or not.
I have answered this question few days or weeks ago :

Brakes change a lot after 1.12 again, they are easiest to feel even with ABS .

-Check the tires temperature under strong braking entering a fast corner of your choice, then set the brakes till the hottest tire don´t pass the orange collor.

-After this ,red collor, there is a lost of grip and control of the driving line.

-When you have this done, set the balance the way you want.

To induce oversteer, increase 1 or 2 points the rear brake and / or decrease front brake 1 or 2 points.

Do the oposit to induce understeer or stabilize your driving line under braking.

I have answered this question few days or weeks ago :

Brakes change a lot after 1.12 again, they are easiest to feel even with ABS .

-Check the tires temperature under strong braking entering a fast corner of your choice, then set the brakes till the hottest tire don´t pass the orange collor.

-After this ,red collor, there is a lost of grip and control of the driving line.

-When you have this done, set the balance the way you want.

To induce oversteer, increase 1 or 2 points the rear brake and / or decrease front brake 1 or 2 points.

Do the oposit to induce understeer or stabilize your driving line under braking.

Thanks so much for the clarification, I will experiment with this! And sorry if I missed seeing the answer earlier in the thread.

Nothing really big to expect from the 300SL tune, just my way, the car is already great even stock.

There is only one Caterham Seven Fireblade ’02 in the game, what do you call the *not for sale' Suzuki GSX-R* ???
SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 // 450PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES//TSUKUBA
SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 //500PP // SPORT HARD TIRES//MOUNT PANORAMA
I just mean can't buy or track test it in real world by whoever including motorsport companies/journalist!

SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 // 450PP // COMFORT SOFT TIRES//TSUKUBA SUZUKI GSX-R /4`01 //500PP // SPORT HARD TIRES//MOUNT PANORAMA

Gemasolar_19.jpg

I'm just waiting your magic touch to turn on this beauty ...

Last edited:
Mr P does this vehicle take nitrous? Why this one over the Chrome Line version?
Sorry i don´t hae the chrome line, this tune is ok for the normal version but you can test it and check, tell me please the result. I don´t use nitro on my cars, so i don´t know.
Have a good day.
><(((((°>°°°°°

Sorry i don´t hae the chrome line, this tune is ok for the normal version but you can test it and check, tell me please the result. I don´t use nitro on my cars, so i don´t know.
Have a good day.
><(((((°>°°°°°
Your tune works. I have to work on break balance, she turns in on a tight curve. Nice tune. No nitrous on this vehicle.

MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO V GSR `98 //500PP // SPORT TIRES

My first and perhaps only lancer i´ll tune in GT6. The one i prefer in the game.

autowp.ru_mitsubishi_lancer_gsr_evolution_v_1.jpg

View attachment 250903

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

This tune ran great on the current seasonal @ SS5. Thanks.

I have a LANCER EVO VI TM SCP '99 in my garage from before I discovered your great tunes. Because the car is similar to the 1998 car, I decided to copy your tune over to this car as exactly as possible. I used the same suspension settings. And used an initial final gear like 5.700 that allowed me to replicate your 98 transmission settings for each gear nearly the same and then set the final to 3.400. Copied all power and weight reduction, LSD, etc.

The newly tuned "Priano adjusted" 1999 ran nearly exactly the same lap times in the seasonal as the 1998. It had a slightly different handling feel than the 98 but was a pleasure to drive as well.

As an advancing intermediate level driver, I am certainly no expert but I thought I might share this unexpected result with you and those that follow this thread.

I just tried out your RUF RGT tune and found it very stable and forgiving for the Sierra TT.👍

I was able to knock two seconds off my Sierra lap time, getting down to 9:23.289, so I was very pleased:)

Pushing the RUF RGT even harder, I've found another two seconds, so I'm at 9:21.080. Great tune!👍

Thanks
GTsail

I tried this tune on the same track but for me it was unstable at the faster parts of the track. Sometimes even uncontrollable as if there was some play at the steering and every corrections backfired and results in a spin.
Seeing your time and the fact that driving this Ruf I come 16 seconds short for gold on that event, I think perhaps there is something wrong in my other settings.

Off course I need to know my way around this track a lot better than I do now and maybe 9:21 is way out of my league but this tune must be able to get rid of those 16 seconds.

Anybody any additional driving or setting tips for this car on this track?

I use a Logitech driving force steering wheel.

Last edited:
I tried this tune on the same track but for me it was unstable at the faster parts of the track. Sometimes even uncontrollable as if there was some play at the steering and every corrections backfired and results in a spin.
Seeing your time and the fact that driving this Ruf I come 16 seconds short for gold on that event, I think perhaps there is something wrong in my other settings.

Off course I need to know my way around this track a lot better than I do now and maybe 9:21 is way out of my league but this tune must be able to get rid of those 16 seconds.

Anybody any additional driving or setting tips for this car on this track?

I use a Logitech driving force steering wheel.
In my opinion the only point of the circuit where the car is a bit unstable is the jump before the left turn coming to the bridge. Just need to take care of your driving line there and no problems.
For the rest , i think the car is very safe for a sport medium tires tune... The little `play´in the direction like you say is due to the -0,12 front TOE. This help to make smother the driving inputs when changing direction suddenly together with a better and safer out corner performance.
Of course , everybody have his own driving style and perhaps my car is not adapted to your. Check others tunes, there is a lot of very good people in this forum.
Good luck.

Of course , everybody have his own driving style and perhaps my car is not adapted to your. Check others tunes, there is a lot of very good people in this forum.
Good luck.

Tanks for the reaction Praiano. I'm going to ride the Ruf some more around the Sierra. I tried a lot of your tunes and most of them turned out more than fine. I think it's more a matter of skills than style :D

Back