Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
FORD GT40 RACE CAR '69// 600PP // RACING TIRES

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
Hi praiano,
Do you think this tune would work the same on the cheaper lm version ? (got bit of a cash flow problem ) 20 mil ouch

@Daisey273 Hi Daisey! I salute the new sheet layout! 👍
I just can't see the final weight of the BMW M3 CSL. Or it is just me? :odd: :sly:

Fixed -> Good eyes Mr QA :)

I saw the new tuning sheet, it looks more organized so good job there. Right now applying the new M3 CSL tune but, is it me or the sheet doesn't display the final weight of the car?

Edit: Seems like Dampers Extend/Compressed are still inverted.

Fixed -> Cheers mate! Good to get out these little niggling issues early on :)

Thanks, you guys are doing an amazing job!

Also Praiano: Few pages ago I said the Diablo oversteers like crazy. You can forget all about that because just today I discovered the bug with the custom wheels, so that was wrong on my part. I tested the Diablo with stock wheels on and it handles like a dream 👍

I want to thank you. Your tune for the Z4 GT3 is amazing. I drove it stock and hated how skiddish it was under braking. Your tune turned it into one of my favorite cars in the game so far. Keep the goodness coming!

Thankyou for response. Could you give us a preview of some of your next cars to be given the praiano touch. Sort of a heads up so we know what to start grinding for
I too have a g27 and your tunes make gt a real joy .

You have made an old man happy! Wonderful tunes!! The Ford GT40 Race Car is astonishing and beats everything in its class, a sheer joy to drive with the added eagerness. The Shelby Daytona is my dream car and you have managed to improve it over the stock - which I thought was very good already. Well done and thanks!

Method updated

Thank you so much for this part::

"To calculate by approximation the tires perimeter ,go on route 10 and check your exact speed in any gear at a given RPM.
Just have to enter a perimeter value in red till you match with the speed you’ve seen on track.
295 KMH in 5th gear at stabilized 9000 RPM in this case."​

At first I was confused as to where you get the 9000 RPM for the spreadsheet until my mother's idiot son sees to go to track & check where red area is on tach, though that's maybe approximate. De-tuned it shows 8600 instead of 8700, and tuned 9200 instead of 9000.

Or am I getting this wrong and the 8700 is the correct figure that should be on our spreadsheets and this is just an example? Because earlier in step 4 setting the final gear you say, "...reach the 320 KMH at 8700 RPM"

Sorry I ask so much, my friend. But I think any communication problem has nothing to do with your perfectly good English but with not seeing how truly ignorant at least this one of your readers (I speak only for myself:confused:) are!

Thanks again for tire perimeter calculation technique,

Rick

Last edited:
Well unfortunately that isn't right, i tried the power limiter(which is in the power section) on the huayra but i still can't make the gear changes. I always buy all the parts to get the best out of the car.

What could be the problem?
It sounds like you have over installed parts, that will definitely mess with the gear ratio. Hope this helps.

Thankyou for response. Could you give us a preview of some of your next cars to be given the praiano touch. Sort of a heads up so we know what to start grinding for
I too have a g27 and your tunes make gt a real joy .
No order and others cars can enter in the middle of course. This is with what i play now.

Ford GT40 Mark 1 15th ANNIV 66
2J
2D
Pagani ZONDA C12S
Viper GTS launch ed 13 (not sure,need lot work still, don't catch the vain)
Shelby GT 350R
MClaren F1 stealth
LFA nurb
458 Italia
megane trophy
Honda raybrig HSV 12
430 scud
Dino 246 GT 71
XBOW R ANNIV 12
Alpine A110 1600 ANNIV
Gran turismo red bull X 2104 JUNIOR ( i love this thing)

You have made an old man happy! Wonderful tunes!! The Ford GT40 Race Car is astonishing and beats everything in its class, a sheer joy to drive with the added eagerness. The Shelby Daytona is my dream car and you have managed to improve it over the stock - which I thought was very good already. Well done and thanks!
Very good to know you enjoy the game with my cars.
An Old man + another old man playing video game and having fun sessions between the hard working day hours... This is very good, i feel like a kid .
I know the daytona was already very good , just like now with the M3 GTR , i can't stop driving it stock but i know that one day i will put it on the surgery table and open it all.....

Thank you so much for this part::

"To calculate by approximation the tires perimeter ,go on route 10 and check your exact speed in any gear at a given RPM.
Just have to enter a perimeter value in red till you match with the speed you’ve seen on track.
295 KMH in 5th gear at stabilized 9000 RPM in this case."​

At first I was confused as to where you get the 9000 RPM for the spreadsheet until my mother's idiot son sees to go to track & check where red area is on tach, though that's maybe approximate. De-tuned it shows 8600 instead of 8700, and tuned 9200 instead of 9000.

Or am I getting this wrong and the 8700 is the correct figure that should be on our spreadsheets and this is just an example? Because earlier in step 4 setting the final gear you say, "...reach the 320 KMH at 8700 RPM"

Sorry I ask so much, my friend. But I think any communication problem has nothing to do with your perfectly good English but with not seeing how truly ignorant at least this one of your readers (I speak only for myself:confused:) are!

Thanks again for tire perimeter calculation technique,

Rick

Hello, don't mind about the exact RPM, just check your power graphic.
Depending of your powerband curve ,you must check 2 things

The right RPM to shift
The max power RPM that you'll need to reach in last gear on the faster point of the track.

If the graphic grow progressively till red zone, this red zone will be the limit for both.

If the graphic shows a curve round like a mountain ,growing and lowering up the RPM, then you'll have to shift on the other side of the montain to retake on the oposit with the max power right in the middle.
In this case you'll have to set the last gear to match the top speed at the top of the mountain, max power available.

Check the verticals bars on the graph, they show RPM 1000 by 1000. This is enough to know the RPM x POWER.

The top speed on the sheet is not important. You have to do your own depending of the track you drive, modulating the graph with the final gear only.

Have a good day everybody.

Hi Praiano, glad to see you have tuned the Shelby Daytona. I can't wait till I get home to try it out.

Just wondering, how similar you are finding the tuning in GT 6 compared to 5, only asking as I had a little bit of trouble finding a suitable tune for the HSV. So I tried your GT5 Weider, Suzuka tune and found it still works really well for me.

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in helping others. Top man! I'm looking forward to see what you do with some of my old favourites.

Hello, don't mind about the exact RPM, just check your power graphic.
Depending of your powerband curve ,you must check 2 things

The right RPM to shift
The max power RPM that you'll need to reach in last gear on the faster point of the track.

If the graphic grow progressively till red zone, this red zone will be the limit for both.

If the graphic shows a curve round like a mountain ,growing and lowering up the RPM, then you'll have to shift on the other side of the montain to retake on the oposit with the max power right in the middle.
In this case you'll have to set the last gear to match the top speed at the top of the mountain, max power available.

Check the verticals bars on the graph, they show RPM 1000 by 1000. This is enough to know the RPM x POWER.

The top speed on the sheet is not important. You have to do your own depending of the track you drive, modulating the graph with the final gear only.

Have a good day everybody.

You too. As I eyeball it, the BMW CSL reaches a flat plateau of 482 HP from about 7,400 to 8,400 RPM, then tails off sharply downwards to about 9,200, where it disappears (graph says 9,500 is it's extent). 9,200 is where the car red lines on the track. I must sleep now but I'll get to work on re-checking speeds tomorrow. Unfortunately the track is the 'ring and the fastest speed before I slow down is a matter of some intestinal fortitude!

Thanks so much! I think I'm finally starting to get it about how this must be done and the facts that must be assembled in what order to get the transmission just right.

This is riveting to me- a thing that can give even a barely average skilled driver like me an edge.

Regards,

Rick

Last edited:
Hey Praiano, can PD fool around with the physics in between downloads? Maybe I am going crazy but today I used your Cobra Daytona to beat everything, handled like a dream, like I told you. Just tried to drive it now (11.00pm Sydney, Australia) and its like its broken :( Then I got the BMW GT3 out - your tune, and same thing! Pulling savagely to either side under braking and both cars were sliding everywhere with constant tyre squeal. I took both cars to the HSR and neither made it through the fast bottom left hander. As soon as I touched the brakes - boom! I can't understand how things could have changed so much in 12 hours. Maybe I am going crazy, it will be interesting to see if anyone else has similar experiences. By the way, both cars had racing slicks on them as that was the requirement for the 600pp race I was in. Please let me know your thoughts if you have time. 👍

A quick thought before I retire Praiano, I did not have time to try the stock version of the Shelby Daytona to see if that has changed also. If they are screwing around with the physics I will be unhappy. Goodnight.

Last edited:
Hey Praiano, can PD fool around with the physics in between downloads? Maybe I am going crazy but today I used your Cobra Daytona to beat everything, handled like a dream, like I told you. Just tried to drive it now (11.00pm Sydney, Australia) and its like its broken :( Then I got the BMW GT3 out - your tune, and same thing! Pulling savagely to either side under braking and both cars were sliding everywhere with constant tyre squeal. I took both cars to the HSR and neither made it through the fast bottom left hander. As soon as I touched the brakes - boom! I can't understand how things could have changed so much in 12 hours. Maybe I am going crazy, it will be interesting to see if anyone else has similar experiences. By the way, both cars had racing slicks on them as that was the requirement for the 600pp race I was in. Please let me know your thoughts if you have time. 👍

A quick thought before I retire Praiano, I did not have time to try the stock version of the Shelby Daytona to see if that has changed also. If they are screwing around with the physics I will be unhappy. Goodnight.
When?? WHy this?? I will check. For the BMW it's noral that it's very bad on Racing tires.

I believe the tire circumference can be calculated from the info on the Full Custom Transmission settings screen.

This will not work on the other transmissions as the top speed is not shown, so driving would be required to determine the tire circumference if you wanted to avoid getting the full custom transmission.

With the Full Custom Transmission
  • Red Line > Shift Graph on left
  • Top Speed from the screen
  • Top Gear from the list
  • Final gear from the list
Plug those into the formula and tire circumference will be the result.

I will confirm this theory today, must visit wife in hospital first. (Knee replace & doing well!)

FORD GT40 MARK I 15th ANNIV ED. '66 // 600PP // SPORT SOFT

hello Mr.P

thanks a lot for the effort you are doing really awesome job in few days! what a flow!

this question is addressed to everyone, will the above tune work on the regular mark 1 or somehow PD managed to specialize this one?

I'm going to swap my disc anyway from regular to 15 anniversary special in the meantime I would like to test this tune on a regular mark 1 will it work?

thanks alot

hello Mr.P

thanks a lot for the effort you are doing really awesome job in few days! what a flow!

this question is addressed to everyone, will the above tune work on the regular mark 1 or somehow PD managed to specialize this one?

I'm going to swap my disc anyway from regular to 15 anniversary special in the meantime I would like to test this tune on a regular mark 1 will it work?

thanks alot
Yes my friend, it must work well too. Just the gear that must not match because the 15th anniv have more power.

Hello Mr Praiano
good ... thank you for the Ford GT 40 "66, I like the old cars,
I test as soon as possible and tell you what I think ... certainly still pure joy to pilot your settings, especially the way in which you spread reports gearbox ... it's really terrible ... wawwww !!! 👍

think also relax :rolleyes:
a very fast and good day

This a great tune but I have question.
on the settings sheet you indicate settings for downforce,
but this car dosen't have areo & you can't add it??

Confused ?

This a great tune but I have question.
on the settings sheet you indicate settings for downforce,
but this car dosen't have areo & you can't add it??

Confused ?
This are the numbers that are written on the setting panel, you can't change the value.

Praiano any chance for GT500s and NSX proto and FTO super touring?

Im that proto guy from gt5:) After u updated tune as I was begging, someone /not me, cant find who exactly/ beat best time on Nurb with it 550p race!!! So... mb this time will be the same heh?:)))

Praiano any chance for GT500s and NSX proto and FTO super touring?

Im that proto guy from gt5:) After u updated tune as I was begging, someone /not me, cant find who exactly/ beat best time on Nurb with it 550p race!!! So... mb this time will be the same heh?:)))
Sure i'll, so much cars... I can't believe i didn't tune the 111R ??!!! or a Honda HSC........ or a RX7 or NSX or....... Supra.... question of time my friend, their time will come, one by one. I'm a serial tuner.:scared:

Laurent , you are the best again ! I don't agree the stock version of this car , but with your tune.......;)

Thanks a lot again , the data sheet is simply perfect.
Bye
Massimo

Back