Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
¨ Hello Mr Praiano :)
great news these new models,👍
I'm trying to install the parts for the 205 and I think there is an error in the values of gearbox, no?
I can not seem to find the same values that you :odd:
thank you and good Sunday

did you change the oil on the car before trying to tune it?

because I just did the tune for it and the gears were a perfect match!
most of them were pushed to the right.

edit: finish all the power related parts and tunes before working on transmission. this is the way I do it and I rarely have a missmatch as far as the gears are concerned.

¨ Hello Mr Praiano :)
great news these new models,👍
I'm trying to install the parts for the 205 and I think there is an error in the values of gearbox, no?
I can not seem to find the same values that you :odd:
did you change the oil on the car before trying to tune it?

because I just did the tune for it and the gears were a perfect match!
most of them were pushed to the right.
That's it, oil change and parts listed on. Then gearbox. Have to match. Shlagem is right, both cars all gears ratios full right.

That's it, oil change and parts listed on. Then gearbox. Have to match. Shlagem is right, both cars all gears ratios full right.

Oh yes, thank you Mr Praiano and Shlagem, ;)
doing oil change and reset the gearbox is OK, sorry, : Tup:

BMW Z4 GT3 '11 // 600PP // RACING TIRES
When i've take this car for a first drive, i was waiting for a stable ,safe , fun, grippy car. But it was horrible, the front end was travelling a lot, very unstable under brake in a turn, very difficult to stay on track.
The only thing that you still can't do with this car is cutting the apex over a kerb. If not you'll see a strange reaction where it spin almost all the times.
Now it's great ,in my opinion. I would race it with some friends with a lot of pleasure.

I was on struggle street with the braking component of this car. It was like a fat woman on roller skates. Now this machine on RHs is amazing, especially on Bathurst! Well done boss!

I was on struggle street with the braking component of this car. It was like a fat woman on roller skates. Now this machine on RHs is amazing, especially on Bathurst! Well done boss!

At least one other person and I having same problem with M3 CSL as you report with Z4. Afraid to try Racing tires. Given religion by Praiano's lecture re proper tires for car type.

It's first car I tried on GT6 'ring so I don't know if it's car or track, but I find you need to feather brakes a certain points on track far before I would have even slowed with other cars here back in GT5. I must be much more careful than usual with not braking, downshifting, or even just taking foot off gas able to spin this car at some points if not in perfectly straight line. Perhaps due to not noticeable rising, falling, tilting of track? Much better now I have memorized places where special care is required. Absolutely cannot trust gear suggestions or blinking lights (usually so conservative) to warn me.

Regards,

Rick

Last edited:
praiano, don't listen to the whiners. GT has always created conflict between the sim drivers who just want to drive brilliant cars on challenging tracks, and the gamers who won't accept anything people didn't earn the 'hard' way like they did. I'm not condemning the gaming approach and can totally respect where it comes from, but honestly your tuning skills are a credit to the community and frankly I don't care how you get your credits to buy cars.

I'm sure there's more than a few people here who'd send you a PSN card to buy credits with ;)

A few things I'd like to see your spin on someday:
a maxed-out Gallardo
an Elise 111R that corners like a house fly
RS6 Avant
365 Daytona
RX7 Spirit or similar
SLR McLaren
Tomi Makinen Evo
ZZII
Celica GT-four
Supra 3.0GT '88 or RZ

PAGANI HUAYRA // 630PP // SPORT SOFT
Complicate car when stock. I've just try to let it easy and drivable by anybody. I prefer the sport soft on it, but you can wear racing too.

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
Just wondering if this tune is applicable
to the 15th anniversary version of the same car ?

I'm using a slightly modified version of your tune for the Audi R8 Race Car '01 from GT5 and it works very well in GT6 by the way. Thanks for the hard work!

I know a lot of people ask you to tune a certain car, but the Renault Clio RS '11 would be nice to see with a tune of yours!
It's actually a really nice car, so you could make it even better. ;)

Hey Praiano.

Thank you for your excellent work and huge dedication.

On a note you can use the setup from the BMW MCLAREN F1 GTR RACE CAR '97 // 650PP // RACING TIRES, from gt5, on the Stealth model, and it is hugely fun. When you get to work on it you might try and combat the understeer, but so far imho it's the best car in the game.

Hey Praiano.

On a note you can use the setup from the BMW MCLAREN F1 GTR RACE CAR '97 // 650PP // RACING TIRES, from gt5, on the Stealth model, and it is hugely fun. When you get to work on it you might try and combat the understeer, but so far imho it's the best car in the game.

Mate, you should try the McLaren F1 Base Model (Painted Historic Orange or as close as possible of course) -> Its also great!

Must be like in GT5, if you add parts ,you increase the speed and the gearbox automatically set the ratios range to a level corresponding with the potential speed.
You can do the part of the ratio visually.
Like this:
1st = 0%
2d = 20%
3rd = 40%
4th = 65%
5th = 85%
6th = 100%
7th = 100%
gearssettingpanel.png

Enjoy your drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

You're welcome.
I believe, that GT6 automatically corrects for rpm's added. Where GT5 was screwy, and you'd sometimes get ruined gears by adding parts, it seems GT6 automatically adjust both directions for your gearing. (If you add parts, it changes the numbers, and also if you remove them, it changes the ratios back)

Just wanted to say that you Praiano and your tunes are the ****.

The Z4 GT3 tune worked wonders and I just tried your MR2 G Limited tune on my MR-S 6MT, I could not even get it to come lose around ascari and this is just after I ran it stock and with Soft and Hard suspension and sometimes wouldn't make it past the first bend leading to the starting line .

Hi Mr Praiano, I'm having a bit of trouble with your Huayra tune, I find it understeers quite a bit or unless it's my driving style not knocking your work at all it's great, I just can't seem to get it corner very well, is there any way to get it to be less understeery by the way I'm using sports soft. sorry if I offend you in anyway it wasn't intentional. Keep up the great work and have a good evening. Thank you.

Richard0510

Praiano,
when you get a chance, for the Mazda Furai '08, the range of values for the front spring setting is now 5.11 - 10.2. In GT 5, you set front springs at 13.8, with the back springs at 15.2. I'm using your GT5 tunes for all the GT6 cars that haven't had a tune done yet. Could you take a look at the setting? Thanks! (and merry Christmas to you!)

I'm using a slightly modified version of your tune for the Audi R8 Race Car '01 from GT5 and it works very well in GT6 by the way. Thanks for the hard work!
Yes, i"ve tested it after my friend JogoAsobi asked me about the GT5 tune. It was almost perfect. I would add just a bit negative front TOE now. This is one of the rare Audi racing cars i've tested in GT6 that stay OK. The rally Audi quattro is fantastic, but all the R8 LMS are a real garbage in GT6. For the moment, at least till they fix the little physic bug those cars have, in my opinion.

I know a lot of people ask you to tune a certain car, but the Renault Clio RS '11 would be nice to see with a tune of yours!
It's actually a really nice car, so you could make it even better. ;)
I've tested it already, it's a wonderfull car, it is on my list of cars "to tune" .But, i have a problem with list , all the time i find a newcar to put before the other and this become a good desorder. " Coup de foudre" this is how i chose cars to tune and test, everyday.
Actually, the Diablo GT2 take the first place, together with the lotus elise 111R. The Diablo is very good at 550PP, no oil change and a few weight reduction. The 111R..... stay the best car in the game in this range. I'll do some of it, between 450PP and 500PP, first an all around car, after ,some specific track tunes.

Hey Praiano.

I have the stealth model in tuning process. Sure my GT5 tunes are working for most of them in GT6.
The problem of GT5 tunes is that they are not very responsive, because they are not on the edge with crazy springs value. GT6 alow to work on a basics real life springs settings, let's say , acording to the weight repartition. This can be a very good base to start.
After, you can really play to find the exact balance you are looking for. This is the only different and very good thing of this game. Physics !! Even if some parameters still are in the fog, they are great to feel and sharp to set.
Physics , some news amazing tracks, a few more incredibles cars and a better way to navigate in the game including the garage. This make me really happy with GT6. For the rest...... GT5 was superior, like GT4 was for some things.....
I'll never understand why PD never stay with the good things they did before ,to sum with the news concepts.
I believe, that GT6 automatically corrects for rpm's added. Where GT5 was screwy, and you'd sometimes get ruined gears by adding parts, it seems GT6 automatically adjust both directions for your gearing. (If you add parts, it changes the numbers, and also if you remove them, it changes the ratios back)
Yes my friend, but it's not perfect, still just a palliative way. I think PD need to separate the 2 options.
The top speed slider for a quick gears setting.
And a custom gears ratios settings with a wider range of ratios to play with. Independant of the power you add or not. If it's "custom" , need to be very "custom".

Anyway, let's drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Just wanted to say that you Praiano and your tunes are the ****.

The Z4 GT3 tune worked wonders and I just tried your MR2 G Limited tune on my MR-S 6MT, I could not even get it to come lose around ascari and this is just after I ran it stock and with Soft and Hard suspension and sometimes wouldn't make it past the first bend leading to the starting line .
The MR-S 6MT is a different car. Both are very sharp and each need a special tune.

Hi Mr Praiano, I'm having a bit of trouble with your Huayra tune, I find it understeers quite a bit or unless it's my driving style not knocking your work at all it's great, I just can't seem to get it corner very well, is there any way to get it to be less understeery by the way I'm using sports soft. sorry if I offend you in anyway it wasn't intentional. Keep up the great work and have a good evening. Thank you.

Richard0510
Don't worry, no offense at all ;) . This is a base tune just to let this car drivable. It was so horrible. MMove the ballast point by point to the rear and check the sweetpoint for you.
After, just low the front spring to fine tune.

Praiano,
when you get a chance, for the Mazda Furai '08, the range of values for the front spring setting is now 5.11 - 10.2. In GT 5, you set front springs at 13.8, with the back springs at 15.2. I'm using your GT5 tunes for all the GT6 cars that haven't had a tune done yet. Could you take a look at the setting? Thanks! (and merry Christmas to you!)
Hello. I still need to drive the furai in GT6 . I'll do a quick test soon...

Well if the handling improved so much with a tune not designed for it I await its own tune then.
By the way, here are the specs
481PP
304HP
970kg
High RPM Turbo
Stage 3 Engine
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Manifold and Catalytic converter.

I will have a play about with it later but I understand what you mean, everything else on the tune is great but I will see if I can tweak it a bit. thank you again Mr Praiano.

Richard0510

This is great, you're an artist. I would like to have this publishing skills...
Congrats, and merry christmas too. Hapy new year.

Back