Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Thanks a lot for your help.

The 458 italia "No aero" was one of my best tune in GT5, somebody already tell me that the tune was very good in GT6 too, i'll check and use it as a base to do a new one soon.
Here is the link.FERRARI 458 ITALIA '09. Pilot version // 550PP //SPORT SOFT TIRES
><(((((°>°°°°°

Yes that was a great standby in GT5. I must try to translate it for GT6. Glad to hear you're going to "relax" and do an Alfa. Please tune what you find interesting as I learn about new cars that way but everybody is making requests and I just wanted to say I hope you will not forget old standbys for "smaller" races, like the Scuderia and the Lotus Evora.

Regards,

Rick

Hello Praiano.Thank you for your super good tuning 👍👍:bowdown: Love it at GT5 and loving it for GT6 as well:) Happy New Year to you and all home :cheers: Best wishes from Republic of Singapore.

Hi Mr Praiano. I loved all your GT5 tunes my favorite was the LOCTITE MUGEN NSX. I've not had GT6 long and thought I'd turn strait to you and I was wondering if this tune HONDA RAYBRIG HSV 0-10 '12 Suzuka would work exactly the same for the base model? The other thing I wanted to ask you would your LOCTITE NSX GT5 tune work on GT6 with it being new physics an all? As they dont seem to have updated the graphic for it? Thanks for all your great tunes and hope to see many more (Gallardo?) in this new year. The Force be with you and may you live long and prosper ;)

Last edited:
Hi Mr Praiano. I loved all your GT5 tunes my favorite was the LOCTITE MUGEN NSX. I've not had GT6 long and thought I'd turn strait to you and I was wondering if this tune HONDA RAYBRIG HSV 0-10 '12 Suzuka would work exactly the same for the base model? The other thing I wanted to ask you would your LOCTITE NSX GT5 tune work on GT6 with it being new physics an all? As they dont seem to have updated the graphic for it? Thanks for all your great tunes and hope to see many more (Gallardo?) in this new year. The Force be with you and may you live long and prosper ;)

actually I asked Mr. P the same question few days ago and below is the reply

hello a question to all who's been testing the gt5 praiano tunes for gt6 and stating that it works. how do you guys get around the different ride height variables in an other expression how do you convert gt5 ride height to gt6?

Also there is the downforce variable as well I heard that if I multiply gt5 tune by 100 for downforce I end up with the digits converted for gt6.

sorry for the newbie questions here but I miss some of my gt5 tunes.

One last request did someone managed a list of praiano gt5 tunes that still works perfectly with gt6?

That would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Tuning in GT6 is different than in GT5. It can be that some GT5 tunes are acceptable but principally the springs are far to give their best in this case, they are very rough and they don't work well with the travel and weight transfer.
GT6 allow to set a perfect balance over springs, not only grip. This is much more accurate and you can feel this immediatly in your wheel.
So i can't say that GT5 tunes are working on GT6. It can be fast , safe, but without the driving sensation that a well done GT6 tune can give.

Happy New Year and thanks for the tunes as they have certainly raised my skill level.I'm beating some racers that I couldn't even keep up with before. Your the best " crew chief " a racer could have!
Thanks for sharing your talents w/ the GT community and I'm patiently awaiting for the app. 👍

Hello Praiano
Happy New Year to you!
Is there any chance you will be doing a tune for the Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59 any time soon, or at all...? I can't get the back wheels to stick - they spin out at the slightest touch of acceleration. I was able to correct most of this by applying maximum weight to the front, but still very hard to manage around corners. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Hello Laurent, The Pescarolo C9 Hybride tune works just great for me in both the Mt Panorama and Nurburgring of the Final Event of IA. Looking forward to the Sauber and R92CP tunes. As always I appreciate all you are doing for the GT community.

Hello Praiano
Happy New Year to you!
Is there any chance you will be doing a tune for the Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59 any time soon, or at all...? I can't get the back wheels to stick - they spin out at the slightest touch of acceleration. I was able to correct most of this by applying maximum weight to the front, but still very hard to manage around corners. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
Hello, sure i'll tune itone day, don't now when. After a first test , i always do a quick tune. If i find the vain and like the car, then i'll publish the settings.
I have a lot of cars in tuning process right now.
Question of time.
Hello Praiano. What is your opinion on racing brakes VS standard? I noticed that some of your cars have them and some don't.
Hello. I did some test with racing brakes and normal brakes.
There is no difference in braking distance.
No difference also between high numbers and low numbers in braking distance too.
The only thing that you can modulate is the braking input, lower numbers spread the brakes across all the travel of the pedal.
Brake balance also, for example , if you put a higher number in front, this front brake will enter stronger and earlier than the rear brake with lower number.
This can really help to make the car react the way you want. I prefer personaly low numbers , they allow smoother inputs.

Hello Laurent, The Pescarolo C9 Hybride tune works just great for me in both the Mt Panorama and Nurburgring of the Final Event of IA. Looking forward to the Sauber and R92CP tunes. As always I appreciate all you are doing for the GT community.
Thanks, it's a really nice car. My fastest Le Mans on Suzuka, due principally to the superior front grip. It carve and stick really well on this kind of track. The accel and top speed is also very good, close to the GT One, i'm not a La Sarthe speciallist but i think it 'll do really well there also.

Have a good night everybody. Taking a break from GT6 till friday. Going to check the beach and the fishes tomorrow :)👍

PESCAROLO C60 HYBRID JUDD '05 // 700PP // RACING SOFT TIRES

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

Hello my friend, I have driven this car on the Super - Le Mans 24 mins race, it's an easy to the finishing line. It is an awesome tuning as usual, thank you kindly! You are absolutely right this tuned car has an excellent grip, - cornering, - acceleration and very fast! I love driving it. On the straight line it goes to 395 km/h. I adapted the final gear to 2800 on the Le Sarthe. Well done and thanks again.

I am keen to drive the 905 B and 787 B today.

Last edited:
Thanks again, you are a craftsman. :)
You're welcome my friend.
Hello my friend, I have driven this car on the Super - Le Mans 24 mins race, it's an easy to the finishing line. It is an awesome tuning as usual, thank you kindly! You are absolutely right this tuned car has an excellent grip, - cornering, - acceleration and very fast! I love driving it. On the straight line it goes to 395 km/h. I adapted the final gear to 2800 on the Le Sarthe. Well done and thanks again.

I am keen to drive the 905 B and 787 B today.
Yes, i've stayed very impressed by this car. Really good and fast.

Shame all the tunes are on super soft, renders them useless IMO.
Shame would be producing and publishing tunes that just a few elite drivers could drive.
I do this for the average good driver like me, to have a lot of fun with this game.
They stay very solid base tunes, they are OK for any kind of racing tires. The only thing you have to change is the LSD accel . Put it lower if still room to do this.
It need more throttle control too. That's all. I think a very good driver is somebody that already can do those changes. A lot of them use my cars but they have also the knowledges to adapt to their driving styles and skills.
Beach time. Have a good day everybody.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Dude... you are on fire...
1st ... thank you for the Holden tune... I am still trying to tweak a little bit to make it turn a little better and would love your ideas but you have certainly tamed that beast ;).
2. As a noob making ny way through the game ... let me just say your tunes are pricess... the Mclaren F1 GTR (kk edition) and the Subaru BRZ R&D sport 12 have got me through most of iA so thank you...
3. With the current lot of 700PP have you settled on a favourite yet... whats your recomendation for someone who can only afford 1?
4. Further request when time permits .... RUF ...I dont care what people say ;) ... its a porche!
5. And just out if interest ...in status... how much mileage have you done and whats your total driving time ? :)
Best regards

These 905 and 787 tunes are an absolute pleasure for a noob like me to drive on RH tires. So perhaps this statement could be revised to "renders them useless for an experienced driver like me".......... Just a thought.

Drivetrain, power & weight.... Then look at suspension after few laps

You weren't very specific in your response. I just find it interesting that a person with twelve total posts on GTP is in one of the best (if not the best) tuning garage using a term like "useless." Just looking to learn from you. I admit that I am still trying to figure out GT6 tuning so looking to learn from others right now.

So what would you change to improve these cars on racing hard tires?

You weren't very specific in your response. I just find it interesting that a person with twelve total posts on GTP is in one of the best (if not the best) tuning garage using a term like "useless." Just looking to learn from you. I admit that I am still trying to figure out GT6 tuning so looking to learn from others right now.

So what would you change to improve these cars on racing hard tires?

"Useless" in the sence that the majority of races don't allow super softs, the tuning it's self isn't useless, i know how much time and effort goes into tuning, my holidays have been dedicated to it.
It would only make sence to tune the car on the type of tyre that prevails the majority of the game on the kinds of cars people have problems tuning the most.
The tunes a great, no debating at all.
Had some problems with the fxx but played with the diff settings on racing hards & moved the ballast around and now it stick like a HSV.

Anyway I'm trying to tune my own reaction times for these vettle challenges !!!

I don't want to flood this thread guys.

Thanks for these 3 LMPs!
I have also been using your GT5 Audio R8 '01 tune with a bit of negative front toe as you suggested.
Works great! 👍 👍

Last edited:
[quoty"praiano63, post: 9004465, member: 127120"]place holder[/quote] will you be posting a zonda lm racecar tune? Racing hard tires
Priano your LMP Tunes
How to set your gearbox in GT6
gearboxe.jpg
I’ll try to stay as clear as possible.
This method fit to most of the cars in GT6.
The goal is to spread the gears at the best place ,where the max power is.
I’ll consider also that the car need to perform a good standing start, classic situation in an online race.
I’m going to take the Nurb Nordschleife for example with my:

BMW M3 CSL // 550PP // SPORT MEDIUM 499 HP at 8700 RPM

Nordschleife is the place where a good launch is very important.

So ,you have a car with a given power ,with a certain kind of tires.
The first thing to do is go back at the beginning of the straight , 4 km back, to check the top speed you need.

To this speed you’ll have to add 10 kmh in case of draft but in this case you'll see that there is some room till red zone.

How to set the max speed if the GT6 setting panel don’t show this top speed ??

Go on track to check it.

After the test you saw that you reach 320 kmh.

Back to our “ring” gearbox.
We will talk about % on the setting bar.
gearssettingpanel.png

Do like this:
1- Move your final gear to the right , around 75% of the setting bar in this case 4.000.
h8fi.jpg
2- Set the top speed slider to the minimum value, lower top speed available ,here 200 KMH.
tjgi.jpg
3-Set the last gear ratio full right on the setting bar = 100%
i5dk.jpg
4-Move again your final gear to an aproximative low value, between 0% and 20% is ok. Here we need 2.050 to reach the 320 KMH at 8700 RPM +-
fa2k.jpg

Now check your top speed on the straight or enter the value on the excel sheet to see if your top speed is OK. Here just after the bridge end of straight.

p86l.jpg
OK, now you have set the last gear we have a 6th gear ratio at 100%, full right on the panel, and your final gear to reach the speed you need on this track.

For the other gears it’s very simple.
You need to perform a good standing start to jump in front of the race.
Go on track again, check your start.
-Wheels must not spin too much , you loose grip like this and stay behind.
-The car must not squat too ,falling engine RPM loosing power and staying planted on the starting line.
To set the perfect launch after test it, you set your 1st gear to 40% of the setting bar (39% exactly in this case 4.550).
hswo.jpg

The only thing you need to do now is to spread visually the 2,3,4,5th gears between the 1st and last 6th.
It will give:
1st = 40%
2d = 55%
3rd = 70%
4th = 85%
5th = 90%
6th = 100%
xpaw.jpg
To do this visually is not easy because PD take out the graduations on the setting bar that we had in GT5.

So,to be exact in your ratios calculation, you can use our excel sheet to calculate it. My friend Sam did a good job ,just play with it together with your setting panel to enter the datas and you’ll understand it in a few minutes of practice.
Here is the link to google doc sheet. You can download ,clic "file" and "download as excel file"
I don't know how many time it will stay OK because anybody who have access can edit it. Or send me a mail and i send you back the original.
GT6 gearbox calculation sheet

65lg.jpg

u166.jpg

Just follow the tips, enter the red value only.

To calculate by approximation the tires perimeter ,go on route 10 and check your exact speed in any gear at a given RPM.
Just have to enter a perimeter value in red till you match with the speed you’ve seen on track.
295 KMH in 5th gear at stabilized 9000 RPM in this case.
jpmf.jpg

After a few times ,you'll be able to build a custom gearbox for any car any track in a few minutes. Easy.
Have a good drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Will yu

Back