Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Well i decreased the parts and the gears work now. Satisfied with the tune, but still disappointed i have to hold back like 500 extra horse for the FXX. Now the gears are set correct, but because i couldn't do it right with the second and first i tried to find a tune for it. But this one was still the best, please promise for the future that new tunes will provide maximum power and all parts installed, even with that you can turn on the power limiter to reach the exact good PP. Then i can power it to 100% :) .

Or maybe you are in the mood to still send me a PM for fully powered tunes, but that is probably way too much work.

By the way, the TZ3 gears are still wrong for first and second, but i set them both close to your 1st and 2nd gear. I was satisfied with that one, so i decided to let it that way with 1250BHP.

Praiano can you make a tune for NASCAR Twin Ring Motegi`s race?
Sorry, no nascar or oval tunes.
Thanks for these 3 LMPs!
I have also been using your GT5 Audio R8 '01 tune with a bit of negative front toe as you suggested.
Works great! 👍 👍
The R8 is ready my friend, going to publish together with others LM cars in a few.
will you be posting a zonda lm racecar tune? Racing hard tires
Priano your LMP Tunes

Will yu
Not for the moment but i will , question of time.
Well i decreased the parts and the gears work now. Satisfied with the tune, but still disappointed i have to hold back like 500 extra horse for the FXX. Now the gears are set correct, but because i couldn't do it right with the second and first i tried to find a tune for it. But this one was still the best, please promise for the future that new tunes will provide maximum power and all parts installed, even with that you can turn on the power limiter to reach the exact good PP. Then i can power it to 100% :) .

Or maybe you are in the mood to still send me a PM for fully powered tunes, but that is probably way too much work.

By the way, the TZ3 gears are still wrong for first and second, but i set them both close to your 1st and 2nd gear. I was satisfied with that one, so i decided to let it that way with 1250BHP.
I've told you already several times that for a gearbox match you need to have the same parts installed. If your car is maxed ,it will not work. You can build your own following my method, Sorry, i don't do max tunes.

Well, I have to stick to these ones because it is clear(those sheets). Not every tune tells you how to do it in which order and a lot do not tell the KMH instead of MPH. The gearbox is too difficult for me, I will keep an eye on the tune directory and see if a good one comes up.

Give me a good reason why you will not tune to the max.

Last edited:

I've told you already several times that for a gearbox match you need to have the same parts installed. If your car is maxed ,it will not work. You can build your own following my method, Sorry, i don't do max tunes.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, as it appears to be;

1) You indirectly implore the author of this thread (that has a huge following/support in the GT community)...
...who provides free tunes at expense of his personal time, to provide you a fully powered tune via PM.
2) He responds that he does not do max tunes.
3) You demand a reason for that. 👎 👎

Last edited:
Well, I have to stick to these ones because it is clear(those sheets). Not every tune tells you how to do it in which order and a lot do not tell the KMH instead of MPH. The gearbox is too difficult for me, I will keep an eye on the tune directory and see if a good one comes up.

Maxed tunes are overpowered 99% of the time and this power pass over the limits of the chassis of the car. It kill the qualities of this one. There is always a sweet spot or power range that will reveal the best driving sensations.
For sure, this will never appear in a maxed car.

kell_bc
MR65SS
Other naughty people
... ... ...
:crazy:

I have no idea why people are coming on here demanding tunes, discrediting tunes and methods or dislike tunes because RH or SH tires are not fully specified. For many people these tunes are a base to tweak to their own styles. 👎

This is Mr. Praiano's Garage and he runs the show (thread), and gawd-dam he runs his tunes well! Lets not take joy away from Mr. P and his contribution to the community. Its a game for enjoyment after all.👍

:gtpflag:

Last edited:

I have no idea why people are coming on here demanding tunes, discrediting tunes and methods or that dislike tunes because RH or SH tires are not fully specified. For many people these tunes are a base to tweak to their own styles. 👎

This is Mr. Praiano's Garage and he runs the show (thread), and gawd-dam he runs his tunes well! Lets not take joy away from Mr. P and his contribution to the community. Its a game for enjoyment after all.👍

Well said, if your not happy with the tune go find someone another tuner there are plenty to choose from. I'm all about control and not power, so car not tuned to the max I'm very happy with.
Maestro keep up the great work.

It seems to me Praiano's tunes are tuned to the max that that car feels intended to be. To the "sweet spot" that that car is designed for. If you want a faster car, why not just buy and start with a faster, more powerful car in the first place. Probably drive much better and cost a lot less than buying a car that isn't really what you want and paying for every possible upgrade and sticking RS tires on it.

When you buy a car, note that in GT6 there often a number of versions of basically the same car available. Reading the "Car info" can sometimes give a clue as to which is the one for you.

That's it, oil change and parts listed on. Then gearbox. Have to match. Shlagem is right, both cars all gears ratios full right.

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I did try a few searches. I can't recall another tune of yours in GT6 or GT5 that had all the gears to the right. Does this reflect something new about GT6? In "How to set your gearbox" guides in the past you usually indicate having the last gear all the way to the right, of course, but the others each further downward until 1st gear is all the way to the left.

Your last guide used the BMW M3 CSL as an example, but with the gears set specially for a standing start. If I want to use this car in a race without a standing start, should I do the old 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 0%? Or would they be better all to the right (100%)?

Or perhaps is it that I should set the gears so that they drop no lower than the most desirable retake value per the graph on the GT6 Transmission page?

Rick

I have no idea why people are coming on here demanding tunes, discrediting tunes and methods or that dislike tunes because RH or SH tires are not fully specified. For many people these tunes are a base to tweak to their own styles. 👎

Agreed! I hang out on this virtual garage, because we share the same interest with respect to each other. Mr. Praiano's tunes are suited to my driving style. To the point it is not, I'll look somewhere else which is, it is up to me. Let's be positive and productive. Thanks.

Agreed! I hang out on this virtual garage, because we share the same interest with respect to each other. Mr. Praiano's tunes are suited to my driving style. To the point it is not, I'll look somewhere else which is, it is up to me. Let's be positive and productive. Thanks.

here's something productive ...... ummmm keep on driving your X1!

It's more then normal i ask for a reason, i'm asking for a clear explanation. And you never know what you can have if you don't ask for it.

Kind regards,

MR65SS

So let me see if I understand this correctly, as it appears to be;

1) You indirectly implore the author of this thread (that has a huge following/support in the GT community)...
...who provides free tunes at expense of his personal time, to provide you a fully powered tune via PM.
2) He responds that he does not do max tunes.
3) You demand a reason for that. 👎 👎

I have been using these tunes for a long time now. Never made a request these no need to, give it time and some thing you like will come along. Plus alot of these tunes can handle more power but with more power more skill is needed. I use a t500 and h shift and all these cars so far are spot on. Try adapting your driving style to suit the car if they all handled the same it would be a very boring game. Keep up the good work and all the midship cars are spot on. I'm just waiting for the app and saving for the 787

Sorry I add a reply to this post its the only way I could write anything

No problems, we are here to enjoy this game and i'll do my best to make good base tunes for everybody adapt to his style, power..... i can help answering your questions ,if i have any answer for them, i'll do this with all my passion i have for this GAME.

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I did try a few searches. I can't recall another tune of yours in GT6 or GT5 that had all the gears to the right. Does this reflect something new about GT6? In "How to set your gearbox" guides in the past you usually indicate having the last gear all the way to the right, of course, but the others each further downward until 1st gear is all the way to the left.

Your last guide used the BMW M3 CSL as an example, but with the gears set specially for a standing start. If I want to use this car in a race without a standing start, should I do the old 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 0%? Or would they be better all to the right (100%)?

Or perhaps is it that I should set the gears so that they drop no lower than the most desirable retake value per the graph on the GT6 Transmission page?

Rick
Yes i've used a lot of gearbox like this , 100% all gears. Generally on 4WD to have a decent standing start, or for muscle cars or any other car with a huge torque.
This kind of engines don't need close gears like a peaky high RPM turbo would need.

Anyway, if you don't need to perform a good standing star, you can spread the gears from 0% 1st gear to 100% last gear. This will be the best option 95% of the time, knowing that it will not make any difference specially on big torque engine like Vipers or else.

Have a good day.

><(((((°>°°°°°

MAZDA 787B STEALTH MODEL // 700PP // RACING SOFT TIRES

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°
Great, great car Laurent! 👍

The link from the OP doesn't find it. :sly:

FERRARI DINO 246 GT '71 // 450PP // SPORT HARD

A fantastic Nurburgring Nordschleife machine for all the "Ring Rats".
Good any track, just fix top speed with help of final gear only.

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

This tune is fantastic!! So smooth and agile!

If you want a tune that is to your liking then do it yourself. Stop being an entitled prick and come on Praiano's thread and demand an explanation on why he won't due a tune that specifically suits you. Praiano's tunes are, in my opinion, some of the best tunes available for cars in GT5 and GT6. He goes through all the work, through all the cars, and shares his information for free with the community. It's people like you that make being a kind hearted, passionate person a pain in the ass. So please, figure it out yourself and do everyone a favor and leave Praiano alone.

Great, great car Laurent! 👍

The link from the OP doesn't find it. :sly:
Fixed, thanks Dan.
Need time to publish some news tunes, i have some more Le Mans ready and a Mitsu FTO GP R '99 at 450PP SH, it's 7:45 ... Not bad for an FF.
I hope i'll have time next week to race with the friends. :)👍

Jesus Christ, do we have to play it this way? Does it really make you feel better using offensive language in a topic? It's actually kind of funny how many people can make a problem of just a question. Unbelievable.

@MR65SS, I have to say that I'm more offended by your attitude and the tone of your posts than I am with @elforeign's language. IMHO he has an extremely valid point, and I agree with him. It's not that you simply asked a question, it's your tone, your sense of entitlement, and your lack of respect that's offensive.

Praiano is recognized as one of the best, if not the best, tuners on this site, and as such he should be accorded some respect, especially in HIS OWN THREAD!

I can't imagine the amount of time and effort he puts in to making these great tunes, and tuning is an extremely subjective art. I for one truly appreciate it and the benefit I receive from his hard work. Not to mention, he seems like a genuinely nice guy besides. I think he tunes for what he thinks is best and fastest, and he offers these up to the community so that others may get benefit. They certainly won't suit everyone's driving style. Personally I know I learned how to be a better driver simply by driving some of his tunes and adapting to them.

My recommendation to you is to take his tunes as a basis, learn a little bit about tuning, and then tweak them to adjust to your style. If that's too much effort for you, I'm not sure what else to say. But I don't think it's appropriate to act like you're entitled to anything here other than general respect. If you give it, you will get it

My 2 cents...

Hello Mr Praiano
Subaru BRZ is excellent, the very good job again and always a pleasure to drive with your adjustment, 👍
thank you to you Mr magician :bowdown:
has soon ;)

Laurent,

I need to shave 10 seconds off my lap time at Spa for a gold in the new seasonal event. Although the Audi R18 TDI AE '11 already seems to handle well, I tend to accellerate too hard and spin out during my fastest laps. Are you working on a 631pp tune for this? Or do you have any tips for improving it (other than controlling my right foot better?). Thanks.

Laurent,

I need to shave 10 seconds off my lap time at Spa for a gold in the new seasonal event. Although the Audi R18 TDI AE '11 already seems to handle well, I tend to accellerate too hard and spin out during my fastest laps. Are you working on a 631pp tune for this? Or do you have any tips for improving it (other than controlling my right foot better?). Thanks.

When your car is not straight hold the throttle at half then when your car is on a straight line accelerate carefully and if you want change the gear earlier so the car will not sping

When your car is not straight hold the throttle at half then when your car is on a straight line accelerate carefully and if you want change the gear earlier so the car will not sping

Oh, I know that in my head--but sometimes my foot overrides the instructions. I'm just wondering if there is a way to improve my lap times that don't require improving my skill ;)

MR65SS said:

please promise for the future that new tunes will provide maximum power and all parts installed

Even as an American, which many other nations and cultures consider crude and crass, I am offended by underlying the entitlement and demanding tone of those demands.

Praiano's tunes work better for me than any other i've tried, and I know he devotes tons of patience and hours of work to perfect them for us to use. I hope he will release an iOS app, which I will gladly pay for. Until then, I send periodic PayPal donations to reward him for his awesome work. And even though I do contribute a little, I would NEVER demand that he do anything my way, or demand explanations for why he does not. MR65SS, I suspect you contribute little in life, but demand it all.

Praiano's tunes work better for me than any other i've tried, and I know he devotes tons of patience and hours of work to perfect them for us to use.

For those that are new-comers to this temple of tuning, praiano63's tunes are crafted for wheel users.
So if you are on a DS3 or other non-wheel controller, performance may vary.
As a long-time wheel user, its part of the reason I am a huge fan of his tunes.

At least this was the case with GT5 tunes, please correct me if this has changed for GT6 Laurent.

MR65SS said:

Even as an American, which many other nations and cultures consider crude and crass, I am offended by underlying the entitlement and demanding tone of those demands.

Praiano's tunes work better for me than any other i've tried, and I know he devotes tons of patience and hours of work to perfect them for us to use. I hope he will release an iOS app, which I will gladly pay for. Until then, I send periodic PayPal donations to reward him for his awesome work. And even though I do contribute a little, I would NEVER demand that he do anything my way, or demand explanations for why he does not. MR65SS, I suspect you contribute little in life, but demand it all.

Thanks.

Hello Mr Praiano
Subaru BRZ is excellent, the very good job again and always a pleasure to drive with your adjustment, 👍
thank you to you Mr magician :bowdown:
has soon ;)
Thanks, yes this car stick to the asphalt already stock, i just did a new balance to make it safer, now it's almost impossible to go out of the line. :lol: No magic at all, PD build some cars like this???!!! Others just take off any bump and fly away like a 747:ouch:
Enjoy your drive.
Laurent,

Yes my friend, i did the seasonal this afternoon, with a detuned 680PP R18 i have ready to publish. It work very fine. I just need to find some time to publish it.
A bit busy lately, but i'll find some hours during the night. The only good thing when you get older is that you don't need so much time to sleep.
For a GT Fanatic, it's a very good thing.:cheers:

Back