Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
I read somewhere on this thread but can't find it again, that if you are using a racing wheel that you should adjust the LSD differently than the sheet somehow. Does anyone remember talking about this?

Greetings Praiano,
Looking forward to see what mystery you can unravel with the "Light Car Company - Rocket" at 600/+ pp on the Nurburging, to seek that top speed, coupled with high speed cornering. It's such a fun car to ride, while not "seeing" the track ahead of you, ;)

I can drive it 'nearly' flat out on SS tires at 600pp, springs set quite soft, but my top speed cuts limit at 270km/hr :( (it will go faster, just play with last gear ratio / FD) , I didn't play with it too long, but it has potential. The replays are hilarious. That car seats Tandem, wouldn't you love to take a lady friend for a loop with it?

I read somewhere on this thread but can't find it again, that if you are using a racing wheel that you should adjust the LSD differently than the sheet somehow. Does anyone remember talking about this?
Hi Rick. Praiano was the one saying that a couple pages back. He just said for him personally with G27 that he usually increased LSD accel 2-3 points over what the tune sheet says.

Just used the Audi R18 in the Dream car championship, 720pp event. Made sure I did the first race at Motegi as 100% stock except for oil change so I could get a feel for it. To be fair I quite liked it, I could only pick 2 minor faults. 1) powering out of corners really got the back end swinging due to all that torque and 2) under braking it felt juddery and gave a bit of feedback. Used Praianos tune on the next race at Willow Springs and what a difference! It turned a good car great. No wild tail, no brake judder and the overall balance just felt perfect. Thank you once again for a top tune!

FERRARI GTO '84// 550PP // SPORT SOFT

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

Awesome, now the car is easy to drive even with the increased power. It's fun ..! . The aesthetics of the rear suspension is the only one but I would put it. This was my favorite car when I still had the Scalextric.

Congratulations

MAZDA 787B STEALTH MODEL // 700PP // RACING SOFT TIRES

Click on the picture to access the setting sheet.

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

upload_2014-1-6_21-19-37.png

This was my favorite car when I still had the Scalextric.

Wow that's going back some years! It was my favourite Scalextric car too closely followed by the black BMW M1 and the Lancia 037 resplendant in it's Martini livery!

Hi, I'm new to the forum after finally joining, been a GT fan for over 10 years. My first post had to go to Mr. Praiano, thank you for all the help on both GT5 and GT6! Your tunes are always amazing.

Last edited:
Good day sir!

If you have it on you, I would LOVE a 500-sports and 550-racing setup for the X-Bow. I really enjoy using this car but it sure could stand a bit of the Praiano magic.

All the BEST!

Sorry , computer broken, writing on my PS3 browser , i hope i'll fix this soon... Chance i've saved my tuning files on my email yesterday before problem.
Not easy to write and answer like this...

Sorry , computer broken, writing on my PS3 browser , i hope i'll fix this soon... Chance i've saved my tuning files on my email yesterday before problem.
So sorry to hear that. When your computer goes gunny-bag then it is a HUGE pain! Good luck!

Damn, that must really suck. I have been there.
Hopefully your files survived unscathed.
I wish you the best of luck.

And what is exactly broken?

What is exactly happened, is it totally death or your disk having a problem? I hope you don't lost all your data. Let me know if I can help.

How to set your gearbox in GT6
gearboxe.jpg
I’ll try to stay as clear as possible.
This method fit to most of the cars in GT6.
The goal is to spread the gears at the best place ,where the max power is.
I’ll consider also that the car need to perform a good standing start, classic situation in an online race.
I’m going to take the Nurb Nordschleife for example with my:

BMW M3 CSL // 550PP // SPORT MEDIUM 499 HP at 8700 RPM

Nordschleife is the place where a good launch is very important.

So ,you have a car with a given power ,with a certain kind of tires.
The first thing to do is go back at the beginning of the straight , 4 km back, to check the top speed you need.

To this speed you’ll have to add 10 kmh in case of draft but in this case you'll see that there is some room till red zone.

How to set the max speed if the GT6 setting panel don’t show this top speed ??

Go on track to check it.

After the test you saw that you reach 320 kmh.

Back to our “ring” gearbox.
We will talk about % on the setting bar.
gearssettingpanel.png

Do like this:
1- Move your final gear to the right , around 75% of the setting bar in this case 4.000.
h8fi.jpg
2- Set the top speed slider to the minimum value, lower top speed available ,here 200 KMH.
tjgi.jpg
3-Set the last gear ratio full right on the setting bar = 100%
i5dk.jpg
4-Move again your final gear to an aproximative low value, between 0% and 20% is ok. Here we need 2.050 to reach the 320 KMH at 8700 RPM +-
fa2k.jpg

Now check your top speed on the straight or enter the value on the excel sheet to see if your top speed is OK. Here just after the bridge end of straight.

p86l.jpg
OK, now you have set the last gear we have a 6th gear ratio at 100%, full right on the panel, and your final gear to reach the speed you need on this track.

For the other gears it’s very simple.
You need to perform a good standing start to jump in front of the race.
Go on track again, check your start.
-Wheels must not spin too much , you loose grip like this and stay behind.
-The car must not squat too ,falling engine RPM loosing power and staying planted on the starting line.
To set the perfect launch after test it, you set your 1st gear to 40% of the setting bar (39% exactly in this case 4.550).
hswo.jpg

The only thing you need to do now is to spread visually the 2,3,4,5th gears between the 1st and last 6th.
It will give:
1st = 40%
2d = 55%
3rd = 70%
4th = 85%
5th = 90%
6th = 100%
xpaw.jpg
To do this visually is not easy because PD take out the graduations on the setting bar that we had in GT5.

So,to be exact in your ratios calculation, you can use our excel sheet to calculate it. My friend Sam did a good job ,just play with it together with your setting panel to enter the datas and you’ll understand it in a few minutes of practice.
Here is the link to google doc sheet. You can download ,clic "file" and "download as excel file"
I don't know how many time it will stay OK because anybody who have access can edit it. Or send me a mail and i send you back the original.
GT6 gearbox calculation sheet

65lg.jpg

u166.jpg

Just follow the tips, enter the red value only.

To calculate by approximation the tires perimeter ,go on route 10 and check your exact speed in any gear at a given RPM.
Just have to enter a perimeter value in red till you match with the speed you’ve seen on track.
295 KMH in 5th gear at stabilized 9000 RPM in this case.
jpmf.jpg

After a few times ,you'll be able to build a custom gearbox for any car any track in a few minutes. Easy.
Have a good drive.

><(((((°>°°°°°

Hey Praiano,I would appreciate if you would kindly send the Excell Tuning sheet to my Email adress.Thanks

Hey Praiano,I would appreciate if you would kindly send the Excell Tuning sheet to my Email adress.Thanks

Hello, I am replying on behalf of Praiano, on the first page of this thread there is a link to open the Excel sheet (Please see below) were you able to open the Excel sheet? If you click on the link the excel sheet should open on your browser and you are able to save it.

"Here is the link to google doc sheet. You can download ,clic "file" and "download as excel file"
I don't know how many time it will stay OK because anybody who have access can edit it. Or send me a mail and i send you back the original.
GT6 gearbox calculation sheet"

Hello Praiano, this is my first time making a post in one of your threads,i have used your tunes many times and they have helped me countless times,although i do a lot of trying for myself and some work some don't,your tunes have truly helped me out.I read a lot of bad things throughout this thread and could not believe what i was reading.If it was not for gentlemen like you and others on this site who take the time out of their lives to help people like me, who do struggle from time then many of us would not be where we are today....so THANK YOU very much for the help you do..just want to add your tunes work well for the wheel but also the controller and in an auto...thanx :cheers:

Hello, I am replying on behalf of Praiano, on the first page of this thread there is a link to open the Excel sheet (Please see below) were you able to open the Excel sheet? If you click on the link the excel sheet should open on your browser and you are able to save it.

"Here is the link to google doc sheet. You can download ,clic "file" and "download as excel file"

Attachments

• GT6 Gearbox Calculation Sheet.xlsx
    16.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi praiano. I used your HONDA RAYBRIG HSV 0-10 '12 Suzuka tune and put it on the base model, I've also tried it up to 600pp and I've got to say it was ****. **** hot! Like **** off a shovel it was! Absolutely awesome tune! Thanks very much :)

Thanks Bumblebee,this is going to help a great deal.

Bumblebee28 and Praiano, there are 5 errors in the formulas for the GT6 gearbox calculation sheet. The formulas need the following corrections:

In Cell E12, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E27, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E42, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E57, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E60, the formula is missing. It should be =$E$15

If you have downloaded it and are a novice to Excel, you probably should let someone fix the master copy and then re-download it. The errors make the 4th gear ratio incorrect.

Pete

Bumblebee28 and Praiano, there are 5 errors in the formulas for the GT6 gearbox calculation sheet. The formulas need the following corrections:

In Cell E12, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E27, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E42, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E57, change the 13 in the formula to 12
In Cell E60, the formula is missing. It should be =$E$15

If you have downloaded it and are a novice to Excel, you probably should let someone fix the master copy and then re-download it. The errors make the 4th gear ratio incorrect.

Pete

Thank you PMGolf, I'll check and fix it accordingly. Mr. Praiano shall re-upload it later.

Back