Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Mr Praiano.

First of all I would like to thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

I hope you do not mind, but I have linked two of your excellent tunes in a thread regarding camber.

They have been posted as a challenge to a certain forum member, to improve the tunes with camber.

I believe whole heartedly that there will be no improvement on your tunes, but I understand if you do not feel comfortable with me using them in this way.

Please let me know if you would like me to remove them from the thread and I shall do so.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/camber.297489/page-10
Best of luck for the future mate :gtpflag:

Hello, no problems at all of course.
camber 0/0 is already the max grip. adding camber can be used on a side to make it loose grip. Can be useful at the rear wheels of a ff, that´s the only function for the moment ,till PD fix this.
Have a good day.

Hey Laurent
How about an exclusive Super Bowl Sunday release for us sick of pre-game coverage....
Give me something to do for the next 4 hours ????
What do you say ???
:)
I'll paint it orange - go broncos

Ole
Hey Laurent
How about an exclusive Super Bowl Sunday release for us sick of pre-game coverage....
Give me something to do for the next 4 hours ????
What do you say ???
:)
I'll paint it orange - go broncos
It´s a bit late for this now, earlier i could check something like 2 special tunes to race online before the event.
sr013_066vp.jpg

against

lamborghini-gallardo-spyder-orange%2B4.jpg

with a fine tune to make them competitive.... can be fun.

16 tunes in my in box in one day! 👍 👍 👍 👍 :drool: Crazy! :crazy:

----------------------------------------------
How I get around slight PP value discrepancies with P63 tunes for trans settings.

As has been well flogged by now, sometimes there is variation...
...sometimes attributable to oil change...or car not being fully broken in.
This can also affect setting the trans as per the P63 tuning sheet.

Anyway what I discovered a while back is the following:
1) Do the suggested body upgrades, and then the power upgrades.

2) If there is a variation in PP value with the tuning sheet...
...go all the way over to the upper left on P63 tune sheet...
....get the HP value & verify weight value is same...
...then adjust power limiter slider so HP value matches P63 tune sheet.

3) After that, adjust the transmission...
...99.9% of the time you will match P63 tune's trans settings.

4) Then you can go back to adjust power limiter to lower PP if needed for event.

Last edited:
Loving the 86 GT Anniversary '12 tune! Even with the hp @ 234 instead of 237 still turned a 1:34.630 for a 588th ranking on my 3rd lap 👍. Smoked evryone on FL, .6th's lead. good enough for me!
Better then the super bowl, thanks a lot :P

Hi praiano,

I would like to ask you something about tire consumption on your BMW m3 gt 11 tune.
I am testing for long race in Suzuka (3h) and I would like to use rs tires for the each stint (as long as it stays dry:guilty:) I use up a full petrol tank within ~30minutes (14-15 laps) with fast consumption setting in the lobby. I am ending up with front tires 20% and rear with 50% left. That makes the last laps a bit risky and difficult. Rm with around 40%/60% and rh not even to mention very stable. But the rs should somehow make it so adjusted (coming from brake balance 8/10) to a brake balance 5/10 and increased abs from 1 to 3 and traction from 0 to 2. But that doesn't really help :confused:

So now could you let me know a direction to work on to get this front tire still work on something around 4 in the end?
I mean where can tweak the tune a little bit to make the tires work a bit longer even if I would need to sacrifice some tenth per round...I don't want to touch anything where I have no clue of...

Would be great to get a short feedback from you on this and I hope I don't bother you with this kind of questions...

Cheers
Mp

mp7
Hi praiano,

I would like to ask you something about tire consumption on your BMW m3 gt 11 tune.
I am testing for long race in Suzuka (3h) and I would like to use rs tires for the each stint (as long as it stays dry:guilty:) I use up a full petrol tank within ~30minutes (14-15 laps) with fast consumption setting in the lobby. I am ending up with front tires 20% and rear with 50% left. That makes the last laps a bit risky and difficult. Rm with around 40%/60% and rh not even to mention very stable. But the rs should somehow make it so adjusted (coming from brake balance 8/10) to a brake balance 5/10 and increased abs from 1 to 3 and traction from 0 to 2. But that doesn't really help :confused:

So now could you let me know a direction to work on to get this front tire still work on something around 4 in the end?
I mean where can tweak the tune a little bit to make the tires work a bit longer even if I would need to sacrifice some tenth per round...I don't want to touch anything where I have no clue of...

Would be great to get a short feedback from you on this and I hope I don't bother you with this kind of questions...

Cheers
Mp
Are you talking of th BMW Z4 GT3 '11 or the BMW E92 M3 (BMW MOTORSPORT) 10 ?

I recently acquire the app on the android and tried the tunes myself. I was looking for some great tunes for the 86 trueno but found nothing. What I did was tested the tune on the Mazda Roadster RS NC which have almost the same pp and same weight curve and ran the 86 on deep forest. Amazing! I just found a suitable tune for my hachi roku (although I just took it out from another car.) Would you recommend to use the tunes on other vehicles with the same drive type?
I myself have done this on the odd occasion and with a bit of 'tweaking' have been able to get Praiano's tunes working fine on similar set-ups.

I recently acquire the app on the android and tried the tunes myself. I was looking for some great tunes for the 86 trueno but found nothing. What I did was tested the tune on the Mazda Roadster RS NC which have almost the same pp and same weight curve and ran the 86 on deep forest. Amazing! I just found a suitable tune for my hachi roku (although I just took it out from another car.) Would you recommend to use the tunes on other vehicles with the same drive type?
I myself have done this on the odd occasion and with a bit of 'tweaking' have been able to get Praiano's tunes working fine on similar set-ups.
Cars with aproximative same power / weight / weight repartition are good start to begin tuning another similar one . But at the end for almost 30% you´ll see that you have to use higher numbers to fix the car balance.
This is due to weight transfer and how each car will contain this mass above the 4 tires. Each case is a case.

Talking about the hachi roku i did a first tune 450pp SH a few hours ago and i think i nail the exact balance for this wonderfull car. Need just to fine tune it. Amazing driving feeling on small tracks like eiger and even on the ring.

It will be in the next tunes release.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°

Cars with aproximative same power / weight / weight repartition are good start to begin tuning another similar one . But at the end for almost 30% you´ll see that you have to use higher numbers to fix the car balance.
This is due to weight transfer and how each car will contain this mass above the 4 tires. Each case is a case.

Talking about the hachi roku i did a first tune 450pp SH a few hours ago and i think i nail the exact balance for this wonderfull car. Need just to fine tune it. Amazing driving feeling on small tracks like eiger and even on the ring.

It will be in the next tunes release.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°
Thanks for the reply. Thats also what I did to my hachi considering they almost have the same weight. I would love to see your own tune for the hachi roku. At first it was really tail happy but after a little tweaking I had the set up almost like a go kart sticking on each corner. I really looking forward for your next update. Thanks again Praiano.

Praiano, in your most recent tunes you say to do power 1st then suspension. Did you mean to say power 1st then transmission? I can't understand why power would effect suspension settings. Can't wait to try out these new tunes tomorrow.

Praiano, in your most recent tunes you say to do power 1st then suspension. Did you mean to say power 1st then transmission? I can't understand why power would effect suspension settings. Can't wait to try out these new tunes tomorrow.

Yep wings/oil/power/weight then everything else then finally transmission :) Correct me if im wrong boss.

New brake balance sheet for pre 1.04 tunes. It´s in post 3 with a link in post 1 of the garage. The APP is automatically updated.
This is the 1.04 new brake balance for all my cars that i tune before 1.04 update.
All my cars at this time had very low brake values, the old patch was ok for this but now low numbers are not working anymore. That´s why i did this.
Posting again a new tune sheet is too much job, so here they are

edgq.jpg

Last edited:
mp7
I am talking about the BMW E92 M3.
I used this tune on the M3 GT2 Base Model 11 which has exactly the same spec (There were some posts about this already). Should have mentioned that but did not want to make the post too long.
Ok, i don´t have any trick that will not mess with the overll build of the tune to spare more front tires.
The only thing i can see is the brake balance. Like you did already, reduce front bb number and rear too, to maintain the equilibre.
70% of the good economic tire wear is in the driving style in my opinion. Soft lines , early on brake with fast out,if you drive with a wheel, only the right driving input, no more than this,....
Doing this you can stay very fast and increase a lot your laps with same tires. For a long race , mistakes due to a too agressive driving are fatals. So, this kind of smooth driving style is very good ,principally for endurance races like this.

Perhaps a new build around softer springs and less or no front toe could help too, but this will be a very specific endurance tune. I´m not sure it would be better for the race. At least in GT6.

Have a good day.

Back