Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
Hi Mr Praiano... thanks for your amazing tunes. You're the best :bowdown:
I want to ask question if you don't mind and i'm sorry if this the stupid one.
In some tunes, SRT Viper GTS Launch Ed. for example... your setting is 756hp/600pp.
It can be more power at 781hp still at 600pp, with no supercharger but use isometric manifold and power limiter 99.2%.
Is there a reason why you choice the parts? or because max torque more important, because i see your setting even less power but the torque is higher.
I'm sorry for my english i hope you understand what i'm talking about.
thanks you very much Mr Praiano

New brake balance sheet for pre 1.04 tunes. It´s in post 3 with a link in post 1 of the garage. The APP is automatically updated.

If i not wrong, there are more than 38 cars before 1.04. Are the other still the same brake balance?
for example Audi R8 4.2 FSI, Ferrari 458, KTM X-BOW, LCC Rocket, etc...
with my respect, thanks again Mr. Praiano

Ok, i don´t have any trick that will not mess with the overll build of the tune to spare more front tires.
The only thing i can see is the brake balance. Like you did already, reduce front bb number and rear too, to maintain the equilibre.
70% of the good economic tire wear is in the driving style in my opinion. Soft lines , early on brake with fast out,if you drive with a wheel, only the right driving input, no more than this,....
Doing this you can stay very fast and increase a lot your laps with same tires. For a long race , mistakes due to a too agressive driving are fatals. So, this kind of smooth driving style is very good ,principally for endurance races like this.

Perhaps a new build around softer springs and less or no front toe could help too, but this will be a very specific endurance tune. I´m not sure it would be better for the race. At least in GT6.

Have a good day.

thanks for your feedback here. It's good to know that I am on the right track here. I will try to further improve the "smooth style".

one little note on the brake balance and your recently published list:
(thanks for that. that is the perfect way to adapt all this. It is also much easier for the user as well to go through the tunes with this list instead of each tune sheet one by one)
The BMW E92 M3 is missing on that list:confused: did you just miss it or will it still come?

thanks and regards
mp

Hi Mr Praiano... thanks for your amazing tunes. You're the best :bowdown:
I want to ask question if you don't mind and i'm sorry if this the stupid one.
In some tunes, SRT Viper GTS Launch Ed. for example... your setting is 756hp/600pp.
It can be more power at 781hp still at 600pp, with no supercharger but use isometric manifold and power limiter 99.2%.
Is there a reason why you choice the parts? or because max torque more important, because i see your setting even less power but the torque is higher.
I'm sorry for my english i hope you understand what i'm talking about.
thanks you very much Mr Praiano
You`re right , there is a lot of way to set the same PP with more or less torque. Because i do only base tunes and because we don´t have the test track anymore , i check the best option for each car by a simple way. If the lap time stay the same and if the option of more torque than power don´t cause problems of wheel spin (it often happen), i´ll choose the torque, staying of course in a range of 90% power limiter for this.
If i not wrong, there are more than 38 cars before 1.04. Are the other still the same brake balance?
for example Audi R8 4.2 FSI, Ferrari 458, KTM X-BOW, LCC Rocket, etc...
with my respect, thanks again Mr. Praiano
thanks, Brake Balance pre 1.04 list fixed now.

Great !!!

http://www.motorsportretro.com/2009/11/classic-circuits-nurburgring-nordschleife/

34.jpg

Praiano, if you only had enough money to buy 2 touring cars which 2 are your favorites? Thanks in advance.
From the ones i ´ve published
The Mitsubishi FTO because it´s fast and very very fun
and the Opel Astra Phoenix because it´s an amazing car at this level.
need to check which car can support more HP if you want to use at a higher PP level. Some are very limited talking about power.

TOYOTA GT86 15th Anniv Ed `12 // 450PP // SPORT HARD TIRES
This tune first was for the ring, it fit perfectly to the last seasonnal, so here it is. The settings are ok for the normal GT86 too, just a bit heavier but do the same laptime exactly like this.
maxresdefault.jpg

9nrm.jpg

Enjoy your drive ><(((((°>°°°°°

Hi,Mr. Praiano.
I think the setting of Exhaust should be the sport instead of Semi-R which can reach 450PP when power limiter at 91.2%.

Additionally,your tune is very great,thank you!

thanks for redoing all the brakes for us - that had to take a while!! I tried to knock out a bunch this weekend - I only was able to do like 10-12 or so... so thank you for getting the correct values for us!!!!!!
It's hard enough DOING the work - nevermind having to REDO the work...

Thanks.My car is 15th anniv,now I setting the power limiter at 85.8%,is that OK?
You´re right ,it´s because you did th oil change as it ´s writen on the tune sheet. My car don´t have it changed. Always the same .... No problem at all, use power limiter or sport exhaust.... The important thing is to reach the PP level.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°
Ole
thanks for redoing all the brakes for us - that had to take a while!! I tried to knock out a bunch this weekend - I only was able to do like 10-12 or so... so thank you for getting the correct values for us!!!!!!
It's hard enough DOING the work - nevermind having to REDO the work...
You´re welcome. I didn´t spent so much time, the first right turn in Suzuka is enough to check this.

You´re welcome. I didn´t spent so much time, the first right turn in Suzuka is enough to check this.
Glad to hear that, as somehow I don't think we've had the last of updates re brakes. Right now all the cars in the game function best with the rear brakes at the same highest setting, & somehow that sounds to me as though PD's got something wrong.

You´re right ,it´s because you did th oil change as it ´s writen on the tune sheet. My car don´t have it changed. Always the same .... No problem at all, use power limiter or sport exhaust.... The important thing is to reach the PP level.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°

Thanks for your tune, it's amazing. 86 is one of my favorite car. Now I have 2 seconds faster than before at the first lap.

Last edited:
I've noticed the link for the Renault 8 Gordini has gone from page 1 on your list. I found it eventualy because I was aware it existed but for those who don't know about it but want it will end up missing out on your tuning guide for it!

I've noticed the link for the Renault 8 Gordini has gone from page 1 on your list. I found it eventualy because I was aware it existed but for those who don't know about it but want it will end up missing out on your tuning guide for it!
Thanks, it´s back now.

Praiano have you found any disadvantages on using the aero parts on low PP cars?

My problem is: i have a long race coming up in Rome Circuit with 400PP cars on any Sports Tyres and i am not good enough to find time diferences on my setup with or without aero parts... I think the car drives the same with or without the aero...

The car in question it's the Lotus Elise 11 with aero pack B and the last spoiler on +2 wheels (i think).

Praiano have you found any disadvantages on using the aero parts on low PP cars?

My problem is: i have a long race coming up in Rome Circuit with 400PP cars on any Sports Tyres and i am not good enough to find time diferences on my setup with or without aero parts... I think the car drives the same with or without the aero...

The car in question it's the Lotus Elise 11 with aero pack B and the last spoiler on +2 wheels (i think).

Since the only aero that affects PP is Flat Floors then I'm sure adding a wing and front aero on a 400PP car might help a tiny bit with cornering but the point is it's got no effect on PP so add it anyway and you might find the benefit.

Since the only aero that affects PP is Flat Floors then I'm sure adding a wing and front aero on a 400PP car might help a tiny bit with cornering but the point is it's got no effect on PP so add it anyway and you might find the benefit.

And using the spoiler and the aero on the front does not affect the speed? :confused:

It does affect speed, but when you reduce the rear wing to the lowest value (typically 5) i have not found too much difference vs. the benefit of having the wing there, ready to go if you need it.

Would just like to add that Praianos tune for the Elise 111R '04 carries over perfectly to the Elise '11. (Set at 500pp anyway!)

It does affect speed, but when you reduce the rear wing to the lowest value (typically 5) i have not found too much difference vs. the benefit of having the wing there, ready to go if you need it.

So ideally i should use the aero and set the spoiler to the minimum (5)?

On
So ideally i should use the aero and set the spoiler to the minimum (5)?
Some cars i do this if the tail is a little happy ;) Most cars at this PP should be ok. Completely up to you :)

Back