Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
For sure the X-series cars can cause disorientation.

I was scared one of my favorite cars was hosed, LOL. :scared:
The #5 version of this car was my first HO slot car with lights...
...way back in the day, very special car for me.

Its all good, were all trying to get to the same place. :)

Update:
Camber settings as per request: 2.0/1.5.
I also used RH, updated my previous post with that.
I changed the BB from 2/0 to 3/1, not 5/3 as I first posted.

GT40-'69.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------

I had many a WTF moment when going back to normal cars after X-cars.
Sometimes I would have to wait a day before driving normal cars.
Especially when I was chasing the Gold in GT5 Vettel challenge.

Last edited:
Hi Praiano, I tried your FXX and NSX GT500 Stealth tunes recently, both were excellent! However, the FXX seems to have some trouble with the downhill sections on Bathurst, or is that just my mediocre driving skills? Keep up the good work! And would it be really cheeky to ask for a tune for my favourite car, the GT-R SpecV '09, at 600PP?

Laurent, you KNOW i love your tunes! PayPal can prove it several times over.

But this car sucks!!! It is my only $20,000,000 car, and I was reluctant to reinforce the chassis because that is irreversible. But I did it anyway because the car is too squirely. It still sucks.

I cannot brake in a straight line. I've tried all kinds of brake balance and decelleration settings on the LSD. Nothing is working for me.

At the moment, I'm at Int. A, World Circuit Tour, Daytona Road Course. I can win this with every car except the GT40 Race Car. Hami's Ford GT from the FITT challenge works great here at only 500pp. But this one seems broken.

I reduced camber to zero. No help. I reduced rear brake balance, no help. I increased LSD brake sense, no help.

What should I do? Sell the car?

Please help!

Edit: I just bought the FXX, and it is also horrible! I can't keep it on the track. Do you have any suggestions?

Helo,i´ll check again the GT40 race car 69, it´s one of my first tune in GT6, GT40 don´t have anything to se one with another , they have differents builds.
My FXX is still ok and this is close to the best i can do with it.
Both are not top top cars..... i don´t know why some are stable ,reactive and fun and others have a strange feeling. This is like this since a long time also in other earlier version of GT.
I just try to do my best and i´ll try again and again because i love to do this. But, i´ll not do miracles, i can´t fix the 🤬 a programmer did during the conception of a car.
Let´s se what i can do.
Mr. Praiano :D

I need your advice for Super Race in GT6.. what is the best car for 650 PP or less ?

In 750 PP or less i use Peugeot 908 HDI FAP TOTAL and it was very good car (thanks for your tuned off course)

Many thanks Mr. Praiano :gtpflag:
Hello, any SUPER GT500 or touring car that allow to increase more power will be ok for a 650PP AI race.
You have also the Chaparral 2J

View attachment 112480

Update:

View attachment 112472

Camber is not the good way to tune this car. I don´t like the idea to reduce grip to help to control a car.
Need to have another way, i´ll check this soon.
Hi Praiano, I tried your FXX and NSX GT500 Stealth tunes recently, both were excellent! However, the FXX seems to have some trouble with the downhill sections on Bathurst, or is that just my mediocre driving skills? Keep up the good work! And would it be really cheeky to ask for a tune for my favourite car, the GT-R SpecV '09, at 600PP?
The downhill section is very special, there is a lot of compression & depressions during change of directions. The weight transfer here is hard to control with a fast car and just a few downforce.
You can try to let the rear ride height higher if possible , make softer the rear compression and increase the LSD decell. Need to check a combination of those 3 settings.
I´m tuning actually the GTR 09 t 600pp

Tune updated , 1:54.800 at suzuka with racing hard, we can say it´s a fast car now.
Thank you very much!

The tune sheet says "stock" chassis, but mine is reinforced. Should I tweak anything to compensate for that?

I still have some difficulty trail braking, and the car seems to shift from side to side if I suddenly lift my foot off the gas at high speeds--like it's trying to decide whether to spin in the grass on the right side or left side of the straight. Should I increase the decel sensitivity?

After driving your GT500's, this car requires practice from me.

View attachment 112480

Update:

View attachment 112472

It was my first, too! I had a blue one with orange stripe, and an orange one with blue stripes.

Thank you very much!

The tune sheet says "stock" chassis, but mine is reinforced. Should I tweak anything to compensate for that?

I still have some difficulty trail braking, and the car seems to shift from side to side if I suddenly lift my foot off the gas at high speeds--like it's trying to decide whether to spin in the grass on the right side or left side of the straight. Should I increase the decel sensitivity?

After driving your GT500's, this car requires practice from me.
It´s a bit faster and safer now. Even like this you need control when release the brakes when leading to the apex and also compensate with your direction input. This is a normal reaction and you need to play with this at your favor. It´s going to the right side. Understeer or even too neutral car would be very nefast at this moment.
Of course this is not a GT500 .. they drive like very fast pontoon. I love them too but if you drive them lot you forget about driving road or even others racing cars in GT6.

Great Touring Car Tunes!! Have you considered a tune for the BMW GTR Race Car '01. It was my favorite in GT5 and the tune you did then was fantastic. Only had to tweak a little as PD did their update thing.

Great Touring Car Tunes!! Have you considered a tune for the BMW GTR Race Car '01. It was my favorite in GT5 and the tune you did then was fantastic. Only had to tweak a little as PD did their update thing.
Yes of course , this is also one of my favorite, must be at 600pp.

Hi, M. Praiano, I've noticed that all of your tunes are done with sports tires. If i want to modify tunes for racing tires, would I need to modify a lot of settings ?

Thank you.

Hi, M. Praiano, I've noticed that all of your tunes are done with sports tires. If i want to modify tunes for racing tires, would I need to modify a lot of settings ?

Thank you.
Sorry, no way to modify my road cars for racing tires, racing tires don´t work on road cars in GT6.

Actually I have placed racing tyres on most of your road car tunes and I have had no issues, infact the Jag becomes a true beast and one hell of a Nurburgring machine. The important factor to remember when using an MR car is to go for mediums on front and soft on the rear. If you have softs on the front the grip overwhelms the rear end causing no end of issues! With varied tyres the grip is perfect!

Actually I have placed racing tyres on most of your road car tunes and I have had no issues, infact the Jag becomes a true beast and one hell of a Nurburgring machine. The important factor to remember when using an MR car is to go for mediums on front and soft on the rear. If you have softs on the front the grip overwhelms the rear end causing no end of issues! With varied tyres the grip is perfect!
Thanks for the information. Here is the trick for racing tires for who want to race like this. But, i´ll still not do specifics tunes for this because i really don´t enjoy driving road cars in this conditions .Only racing cars with rcing tires in my garage.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°

Hello Mr Praianao,
I just tested ABT Audi, Audi A4 Touring Car and Touring Car Mercedes CLK, they are all fantastic and 3 very powerful, 👍
I have a preference for Audi ABT glue that better road !!!
you and what is your preferre these 3 model ??
thank you again for these settings up to your reputation, a genius of adjustment !!!
has soon :cheers:

Totally agree Praiano, I much prefer sports tyres for road cars but in online rooms when everyone is using racing tyres then it just makes since to put slicks on to keep up! Have some more information for you too that may be of use: It can't have gone unnoticed just how popular the Focus RS is in online rooms. Apart from power and weight, I used all the settings from the Renault Clio Sport and it translates perfectly, especially at 500pp !

Hello Mr Praianao,
I just tested ABT Audi, Audi A4 Touring Car and Touring Car Mercedes CLK, they are all fantastic and 3 very powerful, 👍
I have a preference for Audi ABT glue that better road !!!
you and what is your preferre these 3 model ??
thank you again for these settings up to your reputation, a genius of adjustment !!!
has soon :cheers:
You´re welcome. Enjoy your drive.
The one i prefer is the OPEL ASTRA V8 COUPE (PHOENIX) 00 but all re very close. The ABT is a fantastic car also together with the impreza super touring.
Have a good day.

Has someone try to tune one of the Zonda C12 for 600pp. They seem to have some potential.

Is there a car that can match the mp412c ?

Back