Praiano GT6 Tunes:GRAN TURISMO RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 4,593 comments
sup praiano,long time since i talked to you.it look like you are still doing great with your tuning. i am still having a bit of a rough time with cars like the fxx.

sup praiano,long time since i talked to you.it look like you are still doing great with your tuning. i am still having a bit of a rough time with cars like the fxx.
Hello friend, long time.... I don´t tune so much cars lately, i have to come back on the FXX , it´s not very well build, i would like to let it safer with a beter line staying agressive with a good eagerness. Not easy task, but i´ll spend the time it need.
Now i spend more time on the beach and in front of my pizza oven now. I´ll play tomorrow for a few hours, i didn´t take the wheel since a week.
Have a good night, take care.

YZF
@praiano63 Hi, what is the goal of your setups? What are you trying to achieve when you create the setup? What advantages over the stock setup?
My goal is to make an easy fast base setup for online racing. Ready to race, just need to adapt the final drive to set the top speed for the track you race. It will fit to most of the drivers and even without knowing the cars reactions very well, driving it for the first time, you´ll not have bad surprises during a fast racing lap on the ring.
I don´t pretend to build perfect cars for everybody but they are fast and safe.
After this you can use them as a base to adapt the car to your own driving style. Generaly you don´t need to go to far to fix it for you.
Stock cars have a very good driving feeling in GT6 , for this part PD made a very good work. But when stock they are slower as others cars equiped with custom parts.

Have a good night.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°

My goal is to make an easy fast base setup for online racing. Ready to race, just need to adapt the final drive to set the top speed for the track you race. It will fit to most of the drivers and even without knowing the cars reactions very well, driving it for the first time, you´ll not have bad surprises during a fast racing lap on the ring.

Do you tune your cars on the Nurburgring and more for the Nurburgring? Or you didn't mean that?

Hi mr p I'm loving the re amemiya gt300 tune. How I never seen this before last week I'll never know. Any way is there any chance of a mazda carol or subaru 360 or both. I know a lot of people think these are boring cars but the so much fun to race against each other it's like cat and mouse every corner. No worries if not. Going to try the 180 sx next should be good against the mr2

I didn´t write and i didn´t mean this. It´s right that i race mostly on the ring but my published cars are all around settings for anybody adapt to his owndriving style on a given track.

I picked and clicked on one of your setups and immediately thought: erm.. this isn't going to work...Then i tried it in practice, and i was 2.2sec slower with your setup than with the default PD setup, on SPA. So my suspicion was confirmed.. I suggest you to read more theory about racing car setup. You might find it usefull and this might help you improve your knowledge and setups overall :)

Here is one of the quick cheat-sheets for suspension - might be quite usefull (scroll down):

http://www.racecartuner.com/03/103.html

Last edited:
YZF
I picked and clicked on one of your setups and immediately thought: erm.. this isn't going to work...Then i tried it in practice, and i was 2.2sec slower with your setup than with the default PD setup, on SPA. So my suspicion was confirmed.. I suggest you to read more theory about racing car setup. You might find it usefull and this might help you improve your knowledge and setups overall :)

hi YZF
The default setup is fastest just for beginners...:lol:

YZF

Here is one of the quick cheat-sheets for suspension - might be quite usefull (scroll down):

Well now.. Isn't this guy something

Would you share your tunes? Thanks

I believe that car tuning isn't hard thing even for average players and it's much better to learn the basics and try it yourself. You tune the car not only to go generally faster but you adjust it to your driving style. I.e. you go faster AND more stable. The benefit of doing it yourself is much higher than copying someone else setup. It's not hard, invest a little bit of time and you'll get the reward :)

Last edited:
YZF
I believe that car tuning isn't hard thing even for average players and it's much better to learn the basics and try it yourself. You tune the car not only to go generally faster but you adjust it to your driving style. I.e. you go faster AND more stable. The benefit of doing it yourself is much higher than copying someone else setup. It's not hard, invest little bit of time and you'll get the reward :)

Then why you copying Mr Praiano's tunes?

Then why you copying Mr Praiano's tunes?

I am not copying, i opened the thread and checked some random tunes. Then i noticed that numbers are wrong (in theory) and decided to test it in game. Tried it and got conclusion. That's it.

Are you done yet?
If you are trying for 15 mins of internet glory, your time was up after your first post. Now move along.

No, i was just giving a feedback. And should I not reply to the questions I am asked? I don't think so. If you want you go and be quiet. This is a discussion forum.

YZF

Are you serious? OK 3/4 of this does not apply to GT6. Maybe in your own little world of tuning this works for you. Post some tunes in your own forum and let us be the judges.

Are you serious? OK 3/4 of this does not apply to GT6. Maybe in your own little world of tuning this works for you. Post some tunes in your own forum and let us be the judges.

This works, because laptimes speak for themselves.

P.S. I don't want others to use my setups. Don't have such intention

No it is a tuning forum, in his garage. You cannot answer your own questions. I will gladly answer any questions you have. PM me.

I don't have any questions. Others have and I answer to them. Stop spamming offtopic and personal attacks.

This discussion leads to nothing, I have cars from the successes of Praiano which are great. If other people can do better is great too. And we all get to the track!!
My view exactly. His suspension setups are amazing. Most of the time, I just need a quick LSD tweak to fix a little bit of instability in the rear during braking. We must have very similar driving styles or something :lol:. Most of the tunes are untweaked. The Cobra is the only one I can remember right now, but I'm sure there were a couple more.

To Praiano, don't worry about people like that, keep up the good work 👍.

YZF
Spa, Honda NSX Type R, 500pp, Sport-Mediums, all aids off, SRF off, TC off:

2.29.2 - Praiano setup
2.27.0 - default PD setup

Did you make sure to adjust the transmission to suit the track? How many laps did you give each vehicle? What did you find wrong with his setup? I don't mean actual values but, was it understeer, oversteer, instability mid corner, under braking etc?

I find Praiano's setups to be not very safe setups imo. I often find myself pushing too hard and burning some rubber/sliding out and losing time. However when driving on the edge and pushing the car very hard his tunes have always been the fastest for me, as long as I'm skilled enough to make a clean lap.

YZF
I believe that car tuning isn't hard thing even for average players and it's much better to learn the basics and try it yourself. You tune the car not only to go generally faster but you adjust it to your driving style. I.e. you go faster AND more stable. The benefit of doing it yourself is much higher than copying someone else setup. It's not hard, invest a little bit of time and you'll get the reward :)

YZF
P.S. I don't want others to use my setups. Don't have such intention

In other words, you can't really tune & don't have any of your own.

Back