PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,889 comments
@praiano63
After you tuned them both, which one would you buy: Mercedes AMG CLK LM ‘98 or McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 if you could only buy one of them?
just dropping by my 2cents regarding this matter.i bought those 2 cars last week and currently using both prainos tunes for each of them and for me i do prefer the clk over the gtr because the feeling (of the clk) is more direct and predictable.i can also say that you cant go wrong with any of those 2 they are worth every credits you grinded.hope this helps

Many thanks for your tunes, awesome work!

Could you provide a tune for the Red Bull X2014 Standard at some point? Got it from the 6 stars roulette today. :eek:
I don't have the car because there is no events for it. I'll do it soon for sure , perhaps next week.
sei semplicemente il migliore, grazie mille. Volevo chiederti, hai qualcosa in programma per Delorean?
Delorean is waiting too , after 300 ZX soon.
@praiano63
After you tuned them both, which one would you buy: Mercedes AMG CLK LM ‘98 or McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 if you could only buy one of them?
I prefer the McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97. It's a perfect car , only problem is the consumption. ( @MrHorsepower )
Thank you sir! I loved your CLK tune, would you recommend this F1 over the CLK?

If we're talking about Sardegna, I was getting mid 1.35s in the race using fuel map 2 and extreme short shifting just as the red on the rev display appears. I'm not a fan of the engine sound on the McLaren but it is quite easy to determine your shift timing using only the engine note.

Edit, I was using a medium, NOT a high RPM turbo
I'm going the setting of my McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 for sardinia. I did a 1:31.8xx with it ...... But impossible to use at this level in race because of gas consumption. Just for the record ;)

Last edited:
McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardina A / Very Fast tracks

Finally i'll post the car under 1:32 on Sardina A , bad that gas consumption don't allow to use full power on it during the money event. But it desserve to be publicated .. i think.

m1.jpg

1- set auto speed at the minimum 300kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.778 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

m2.jpg
m3.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Toyota GR Yaris RZ '20 - 450PP - Comfort Soft tires - Daily event Laguna seca

I really don't like this event because of the hugly "frankenstein style " / horribles cars you have to set to be competitive for this event.
During my test i 've discovered that the Yaris is funny and performant here ... at least an usable / functional task for this car.

y1.jpg
y2.jpg

1- set auto speed at the minimum 180kmh
2-set the final gear to 4.948 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

y3.jpg
y4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

I really don't like this event because of the hugly "frankenstein style " / horribles cars you have to set to be competitive for this event.
During my test i 've discovered that the Yaris is funny and performant here ... at least an usable / functional task for this car.

View attachment 1163337View attachment 1163338

Done.

View attachment 1163339View attachment 1163340

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Tidgney actually drive Radical for his daily race guide due to high downforce and you can short shift that car for turbo you gonna need to add a lot of weight to downtune it though

Last edited:
Tidgney actually drive Radical for his daily race guide due to high downforce and you can short shift that car for turbo you gonna need to add a lot of weight to downtune it though
This toyota yaris is under 1:40 and pleasant to drive at least. I didn't saw any Radical in this range. I'll check it just because i'm curious :lol:

McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - SPA / All track

Sorry i love BMW but i'll never call this car a BMW.
Fantastic , planted , safe , very fast ...... Difficult to say all the fantastic behaviors of this car. Buy it !! That's all !! My best 10.000.000 credits well spent.
Thank you for yet another brilliant tune. Took it for a spin around Barcelona and it was an absolute blast! Now my #2 car at 800pp just behind the 962C with -- of course -- your impeccable tune applied. Not sure if anything will ever dethrone that masterwork.

This toyota yaris is under 1:40 and pleasant to drive at least. I didn't saw any Radical in this range. I'll check it just because i'm curious :lol:
In your hands! I see you're currently c. 20th in the world. I've only done about 10 laps but I'm at 1.41.1. Taken 4 seconds off my previous best and importantly 4 seconds better then my French friend who was beating me by less than a hundredth. Think I'm going to leave it there, unless of course the French guy beats my time 😂

My M

Fantastic , planted , safe , very fast ...... Difficult to say all the fantastic behaviors of this car. Buy it !! That's all !! My best 10.000.000 credits well spent.

View attachment 1163200View attachment 1163201

2-set the final gear to 2.657 .
Done.

View attachment 1163202View attachment 1163203

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
MY MAN...awsome.awesome..
So I assume with the consumption problem it's a no go on the 1hr Spa..

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
So I went the other way with it..... I embraced the BMW'ness and made a tribute livery to my favourite F1 car.

fw23.jpg

After spending all that time making it, I didnt have 60mins to spare for SPA, so I went to Sardegna.

Like you, I am amazed.... there are no words.

All I can say is on lap 2 I went into turn 1 a little hot trying to overtake the AI's..... upon the exit the car gave me the feels of snap oversteer, and then didnt. It just gripped. I run a DS4 and TC0 and this feels like TC5.

Great job Praiano and BMW...... and McLaren too I geuss.

McLaren F1 GTR Race car '97 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardina A / Very Fast tracks

Finally i'll post the car under 1:32 on Sardina A , bad that gas consumption don't allow to use full power on it during the money event. But it desserve to be publicated .. i think.

View attachment 1163334

2-set the final gear to 2.778 .
Done.

View attachment 1163335View attachment 1163336

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Fantastic setup as always. Perfect in Sardegna and easy win in Spa 1 hour.
Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

Toyota GR Yaris RZ '20 - 450PP - Pneumatici Comfort Soft - Evento giornaliero Laguna seca

Non mi piace davvero questo evento a causa delle enormi auto "stile frankenstein" / o devi impostare per essere competitivo per questo evento.
Durante il mio test ho scoperto che la Yaris è divertente e performante qui ... almeno una macchina utilizzabile / funzionale per questa.

View attachment 1163337[ALLEGA=completo]1163338[/ATTACH]

1- impostare la velocità automatica al minimo 180 kmh
2-impostare la marcia finale a 4.948 .
3- impostare ogni rapporto di trasmissione dall'ultima marcia alla prima marcia in questo ordine.
Fatto.

View attachment 1163339[ALLEGA=completo]1163340[/ATTACH]

>((((°>°°°°°°

Goditi la guida
Maestro, Wide car or not?

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Fantastic tune, really fun to drive.

Is the CLK LM tune for Spa/other tracks ready soon as well or are you using the Sardegna tune for everything? Would love to put these 2 up against each other :cheers:

Fantastic setup as always. Perfect in Sardegna and easy win in Spa 1 hour.
Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!
This one have more power but more understeer too. I prefer the feel of the other setting , even if few slower perhaps.
Maestro, Wide car or not?
No , perhaps it work but i don't the lost of few pp will compensed by the grip... So only rear wing.
Fantastic tune, really fun to drive.

Is the CLK LM tune for Spa/other tracks ready soon as well or are you using the Sardegna tune for everything? Would love to put these 2 up against each other :cheers:
The CLK must be in the same pace i think. Chapparal is the same second at SPA 800PP

I hope no one thinks I'm being disrespectful to the master, it's certainly not my intention and my garage is what it is thanks to Praiainos. He's made the game so much better and I wish PD would find a job for him.

That said, I think I have a better McLaren GTR Sardegna tune. I'm not keen on the 200kg of ballast as think it detracts from the cars strenghs on the brakes. It's also bad for tyre wear as well as fuel consumption. I understand why it's there as it allows for more power, however you need more power to accelerate the greater mass, and if you have to turn down the fuel map you're not getting that power. My tune looks terrible if you only look at the power figure, but, I think it will be quicker under race conditions for most.

Fuel map 2, 1 stop race at end lap of 8 with no tyre change. Cange gear just before/as the rev display starts to light up (c. 5,750 RPM). Medium turbo and normal gearbox. After first stint you can slightly overfill and make more of the power, especially up the hill.

I had a poor run with traffic and didn't get in the low or mid 1.35s, which I can, but can't be bothered having just raced Praianos's tune and then gone back to mine.

Hope it helps someone.

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_152008.jpg
    IMG_20220621_152008.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20220621_151952.jpg
    IMG_20220621_151952.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20220621_151636.jpg
    IMG_20220621_151636.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Awesome work on the Miura! I tried for months to get the low/mid-speed cornering to settle down and eventually just gave up on it.

How does the '97 compare to driving the '95. I didn't get a chance to get my hands on it yet, curious how the two models compare?
The '97 Long Tail is an absolute dream to drive, even stock. The '95 was artificially neutered in order to cram it into Gr. 3.
My opinion: The '95 is extremely mediocre, stiff, and way overpriced for its performance while the Long Tail/'97 is one of the best cars in the game regardless of class and worth every credit spent.

Buy the '97...

Last edited:
This is exactly why i've writen on the tune sheet:
"Finally i'll post the car under 1:32 on Sardina A , bad that gas consumption don't allow to use full power on it during the money event."
Out of the specific event , where no gas consumption is not involved , this car is a lot more fast than the other , your or mine.
Fast and less pleasure at the wheel. ;)
I hope no one thinks I'm being disrespectful to the master, it's certainly not my intention and my garage is what it is thanks to Praiainos. He's made the game so much better and I wish PD would find a job for him.

That said, I think I have a better McLaren GTR Sardegna tune. I'm not keen on the 200kg of ballast as think it detracts from the cars strenghs on the brakes. It's also bad for tyre wear as well as fuel consumption. I understand why it's there as it allows for more power, however you need more power to accelerate the greater mass, and if you have to turn down the fuel map you're not getting that power. My tune looks terrible if you only look at the power figure, but, I think it will be quicker under race conditions for most.

Fuel map 2, 1 stop race at end lap of 8 with no tyre change. Cange gear just before/as the rev display starts to light up (c. 5,750 RPM). Medium turbo and normal gearbox. After first stint you can slightly overfill and make more of the power, especially up the hill.

I had a poor run with traffic and didn't get in the low or mid 1.35s, which I can, but can't be bothered having just raced Praianos's tune and then gone back to mine.

Hope it helps someone.

Porsche 911 RSR (991) '17 - 730 PP - Racing hard tires - SUZUKA

((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hoooo-doggie, such a smooth drive. I’d knock the gearing down a bit from mine, wasn’t getting 6th until 160 MPH.

Attachments

• B069AC8C-6222-4751-8027-21E89880179B.jpeg
    B069AC8C-6222-4751-8027-21E89880179B.jpeg
    101 KB · Views: 37
  • 8CD6F6D9-A599-4CE4-9633-0231533A7DA6.jpeg
    8CD6F6D9-A599-4CE4-9633-0231533A7DA6.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 975923F9-8BC1-4F3B-844A-C9E12B9E04F9.jpeg
    975923F9-8BC1-4F3B-844A-C9E12B9E04F9.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28
  • A06703C1-4363-4E1E-9012-17EF1DAAF0E3.jpeg
    A06703C1-4363-4E1E-9012-17EF1DAAF0E3.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 856C7444-05E7-4854-8567-A43D5A662ED9.jpeg
    856C7444-05E7-4854-8567-A43D5A662ED9.jpeg
    80.5 KB · Views: 37
Amuse 2000 GT1 Turbo. I think the original car is very ugly . Replace another Wing is the key. Congrats to the man to do this livery.
Not a top time for the event Tokyo Rain , but it's a win with a enjoyable drive all the race long ! It lap 2:13 regular , 1 stop lap 6 for gas only.
To publish soon .

s1.jpg
s2.jpg
s3.jpg

Thank you for all the tunes, really enjoying them.

I do have 2 question though.

1. Why there are 900pp spa tunes but no events on spa with this pp limit?

2. What for are these x50pp tunes like 450pp and 550pp since most events, if not all, are exactly 500pp and 600pp?

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Awesome! I love this car and it got me through much of the early game in GT7 and was hoping you would do a tune for it.

Many thanks!

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I can't seem to get under 450pp. My 5th gear is either 1.004 to 1.006. I can't get 1.005, oddly enough.

Me neither. I removed a little power and a little ballast, moving the position outwards to compensate and keep roughly same balance. Car still extremely competitive. I dominated my A S lobby at the first attempt. It handles weirdly but is fun

Thank you for all the tunes, really enjoying them.

I do have 2 question though.

1. Why there are 900pp spa tunes but no events on spa with this pp limit?

2. What for are these x50pp tunes like 450pp and 550pp since most events, if not all, are exactly 500pp and 600pp?
There is more than 20 events or missions 650pp , 550PP or 450PP .
Also you have people online lobby racing 900pp cars. This is the best PP for GR1 in my opinion. It's also very easy to add or take out power to fit any other race. 50PP up or down don't change the behaviors of the car.
Most of my cars are base all tracks settings. Anybody is free to adapt any car to fit the race he want.
I can't seem to get under 450pp. My 5th gear is either 1.004 to 1.006. I can't get 1.005, oddly enough.
Gears are not important , 1 km more or less don't change anything . If ratio don't match ,just try to match the speed of each gear.
Me neither. I removed a little power and a little ballast, moving the position outwards to compensate and keep roughly same balance. Car still extremely competitive. I dominated my A S lobby at the first attempt. It handles weirdly but is fun
Because of this crazy PP system , you have to respect every number . For no reason , you can drop or increase PP in a single clic.. There is no progressive rules for this normally. suspension , Camber , limiter , ECU , ARB .......
This car is very special to drive. Wheel input mainly , throtle , you can't stay in the driving line expecting to be fast. You have to induce an agressive line without passing too much over the grip. I like to drive it there with this configuration.

Last edited:

Done.

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Funny setup!!! 💪🏻😉😊

Back