PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,813 comments
This is a great point! I just happened to find this and tried this method on the Gr Beetle, Gr BRZ, GR Jag and Gr AM and they lost some HP but gained a massive amount of torque!! Thanks for the "sleeper tip"

Funny is I had thought about it, but never tried....now I know...
Just ICYMI…
Depending of the track and the kind of cars / engine. Restrictor favorite torque instead ECU power.

For a low torque engine car on a slow turns (hairpins) circuit , best option is restrictor.
For fast track with medium / fasr turns with long straight , better ECU and more power.

Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren '09 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All tracks / Nordschleife
Best thing I ever did to this tune was resetting it to your spec. What a fantastic car, she’s an assassin to be sure!

E2342A43-D196-4AAB-A3FA-8B877F86295C.jpeg
2355850F-8ABC-413D-9CA1-B4B9BEBF67EE.jpeg

Praiano means "the people who live and work on the beach" and become my nick name here in GTPlanet since 2009.

Real life , my real garage with no real car at all , where i started building a real pizza wooden oven in 2014 together with my 2 sons , the older who is now a real top pizzaiolo in europe.

Just to show a piece of my real life to all the GTplayers in GTplanet who help me so much to buy my PS5 and TV.

I couldn't play GT without the support of all of you . Thanks a lot for your help.

View attachment 1169879
Thank you for all the hard work and your sharing it with everyone.

As a new player, you've made the game much more enjoyable and certainly less frustrating.

De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 700PP - racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - Swap Engine

Engine swap Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)

Wide Wide Wide Wide Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide
Wing custom

View attachment 1182862View attachment 1182863View attachment 1182864View attachment 1182865View attachment 1182866View attachment 1182867

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Well, I tried this new tune and it's perfection. I pulled a 4:06 at le Sarthe without a sweat tonight with the de Tomaso. Which is similar to the CLK times I was pulling last night in the WTC 800 For a street car to be so close to a serious race car is very amazing.
Thank you so much Maestro
Cheers, Pete

De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 700PP - racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - Swap Engine

Engine swap Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)

Wide Wide Wide Wide Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide
Wing custom

View attachment 1182862View attachment 1182863View attachment 1182864View attachment 1182865View attachment 1182866View attachment 1182867

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
i can only imagine and dream how great this tune is 😥 because i still dont have a pantera in my garage 😭

Last edited:
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 - 500PP - Sport hard tires x Comfort soft - All around
I only could this car work with a mix compound due to lack of grip for rear end. Even extreme settings can't cure it at all. SO the only option were a softer compound at the rear. It works. The car is nice to drive . Not 100% but at least you can drive this wonderfull '71 bolid. Even the ugly wings and front aerodynamic part were helping . So better let the car natural this way. It's a beauty. You can use manual gear or not , up to you.

Only Rims Original size - Rim Width Wide - Offset ST

View attachment 1138175
f2-jpg.1138176

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
View attachment 1138177
What exactly do you recommend for manual adjustment at a top speed of 180 km/h ??
The default setting that can be seen in the picture does not look optimal ;)

Attachments

• Default.jpg
    Default.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
What exactly do you recommend for manual adjustment at a top speed of 180 km/h ??
The default setting that can be seen in the picture does not look optimal ;)
There is no specific gearbox for "all around" settings . It's just an example. You can try to match the speed of each gear playing with the ratios numbers. After last update no need to set the "top speed autoset" . It was a way to have a close gearbox ratio to be able to play with this config. No need of this trick anymore. It don't work this way now.

There is no specific gearbox for "all around" settings . It's just an example. You can try to match the speed of each gear playing with the ratios numbers. After last update no need to set the "top speed autoset" . It was a way to have a close gearbox ratio to be able to play with this config. No need of this trick anymore. It don't work this way now.

Ok i understand, thank you very much.

This is very helpful, that I missed when this was first posted. On Maggorrie I tried it on a few cars and the trade off was worth it. On the beetle I lost 20hp but gained like 75ft pounds of torque and that really helps on the 3 tight turns.

Mr. Praiano appreciate all your hard work and commitment. Donation sent $$
I missed that response too. I’ve asked him so many questions, because I’m trying to learn, that I didn’t want to ask him. I’m afraid I come across as questioning him vs trying to gain knowledge and understand, or see if what I think is m understanding is correct. I’ve often wondered about the restricter vs ecu and also why he seems to always use the high RPM turbo when the mid RPMs tend to perform better on a lot of tracks. I usually purchase both and try with both. On cars you really have to down tune a lot to fit under a certain PP, often the stock turbo works best. So then I try all three. Ha

I missed that response too. I’ve asked him so many questions, because I’m trying to learn, that I didn’t want to ask him. I’m afraid I come across as questioning him vs trying to gain knowledge and understand, or see if what I think is m understanding is correct. I’ve often wondered about the restricter vs ecu and also why he seems to always use the high RPM turbo when the mid RPMs tend to perform better on a lot of tracks. I usually purchase both and try with both. On cars you really have to down tune a lot to fit under a certain PP, often the stock turbo works best. So then I try all three. Ha
I feel the same way. Also with gear boxes and gearing , once you use @prasettings you can tailor to your liking. Thats why he always says what track he uses it for.

Trust me all these races teams would have a different setup for most tracks.

Keep asking the questions, I am following and trying to become a better tuner as well.

But for sure @praiano63 is the master. He has opened up the tuning to a new level....

I can tell you that with turbo’s, they can have a drastic impact on economy with most, not all, cars. Turbos are also similar to the ECU/Restrictor question. Sometimes what you give up in HP yields a massive gain in torque and it can really depend on the specific car or track.

I can tell you that with turbo’s, they can have a drastic impact on economy with most, not all, cars. Turbos are also similar to the ECU/Restrictor question. Sometimes what you give up in HP yields a massive gain in torque and it can really depend on the specific car or track.
Yes for sure. Another this i forgot to mention, is lately I pay close attention on choosing the turbo to the 0-.25 times, the 0-.62 times and then the 62-93 times to see which will have the best acceleration. I am not that good of a driver so I generally choose acceleration and then adjust some of the upper gears if i need more top speep for a certain track.

Praiano gave an excellent response on how it translates to on track performance but basically the gist is that the ECU tries to restrict performance by lowering hp and torque equally thus not affecting the engines power band (this is the overlapping area in an engines power curve relating to hp, torque and fuel consumption). The Power Restrictor does what it's name implies it just restricts raw horsepower. It results in higher fuel consumption than tuning the ECU (due to higher engine torque) as well as changes the engines characteristics by affecting the engines natural hp:torque ratio.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-14 114858.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-14 114858.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
yeah...i bought one and used praianos tune right away, loving it already.
Yeah, I have three of them now, original tune, amplified tune and swapped wide car tune.

Hey has anybody tried the 94 McLaren F1 for sale in the legends yet? I'm having a hard time parting with 19 million since the 95 race version seemed underwhelming, compared to what it used to be in GT's gone by.
Cheers, Pete

Yeah, I have three of them now, original tune, amplified tune and swapped wide car tune.

Hey has anybody tried the 94 McLaren F1 for sale in the legends yet? I'm having a hard time parting with 19 million since the 95 race version seemed underwhelming, compared to what it used to be in GT's gone by.
Cheers, Pete
Do you have the 917K yet? It should be dropping very soon for about the same price and from everything I’ve read, is considerably better. That’s what I’m saving my stack for personally.

Praiano gave an excellent response on how it translates to on track performance but basically the gist is that the ECU tries to restrict performance by lowering hp and torque equally thus not affecting the engines power band (this is the overlapping area in an engines power curve relating to hp, torque and fuel consumption). The Power Restrictor does what it's name implies it just restricts raw horsepower. It results in higher fuel consumption than tuning the ECU (due to higher engine torque) as well as changes the engines characteristics by affecting the engines natural hp:torque ratio.
It's difficult for me to read and understand all the post due to aphasie , but i second 100% this one. Good explanation.

It's difficult for me to read and understand all the post due to aphasie , but i second 100% this one. Good explanation.
so, it's easy to take one of your 730pp tunes and make it 700pp by not fitting a turbo or supercharger and not lowering the ECU as much, but would you recommend still fitting the turbo or supercharger and taking more power out through ECU or power restrictor to get to700pp...

Lamborghini Hurácan LP610-4 '15 - 600 PP - Sport medium Tires - All around
First tune for 700PP racing cars , it can race GR4 easy economizing some gas. Still possible with the tune.
After i've decided to detune it to 600PP and the best compromise i've found was with sport medium tires.
My top 3 600PP for now. Not very enjoyable to drive , seems you drive a timber .... but a extreme fast timber for sure.

Wide body
Rims 20" / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part A
Side A
Rear Wing : Custom.
EDIT: Perhaps the picture is too small ?? It was when i've check on my phone. Need to export pics with twitter passing by share factory.... no way to do direct like PS4 ... i think. I didn't found another way , just this 4pics in one.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, since I can't bring it below 624. Evrything seems to be exactly as it is in your pictures but I'm getting 384hp instead of 321, even by lowering the power resteictor to 70.

Any advice? Thanks for your work!!

so, it's easy to take one of your 730pp tunes and make it 700pp by not fitting a turbo or supercharger and not lowering the ECU as much, but would you recommend still fitting the turbo or supercharger and taking more power out through ECU or power restrictor to get to700pp...
Depending of the track and the kind of cars / engine. Restrictor favorite torque instead ECU power.

For a low torque engine car on a slow turns (hairpins) circuit , best option is restrictor.
For fast track with medium / fasr turns with long straight , better ECU and more power.

Recently i've tried to level some cars with same weight x power x torque... but it don't work well with weird GT physics. Impossible to match performance.
So @m0b1us writen above seems to work . Normally , when i don't have problem with consumption involved , i check all the options with the help of a "faster lap ghost" and compare . Just to be sure.
I'm obviously doing something wrong, since I can't bring it below 624. Evrything seems to be exactly as it is in your pictures but I'm getting 384hp instead of 321, even by lowering the power resteictor to 70.

Any advice? Thanks for your work!!
After some updates , mainly the one that keep the gearbox out off the PP system , several of my older settings don't match anymore. Just need to reduce the PP with the help of ECU , power restrictor ... Tires... or else.

Recently i've tried to level some cars with same weight x power x torque... but it don't work well with weird GT physics. Impossible to match performance.
So @m0b1us writen above seems to work . Normally , when i don't have problem with consumption involved , i check all the options with the help of a "faster lap ghost" and compare . Just to be sure.

After some updates , mainly the one that keep the gearbox out off the PP system , several of my older settings don't match anymore. Just need to reduce the PP with the help of ECU , power restrictor ... Tires... or else.
As I have said before, You should work for GT7 and could fix all these issues.

It just so happens that I have experience with campaigning. So if you want to "run" for technical advisor, I would help you.....:)

Mazda Roadster Touring Car - 600PP - Racing soft tures - Tsukuba UPDATE 23/07/22
This car lap 58:5xx regular with no traffic. Gas at 1 , 12laps / racing soft tires / full tank.

Used this yesterday but I did a few changes. Instead of the recommended tyres, I used RH and installed a few racing parts (filter and clutch, I I recall correctly) to gain some PP, the rest was exactly as the Maestro recommended. The car handled like a dream!

Last edited:
Back