PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,569 comments
Same thing happened with me and the Mclaren F1 road car, my favorite car of all time. I just wanted to get home after a long, hard day at work, throw back a couple of beers and post some lap times in it around the Nordschleife to unwind, but apparently that was too much for the folks at PD to grant me after spending $70 usd on their game. The car is undrivable. The lift-off /snap oversteer is the worst in the whole game of all cars i've driven, it also goes light up front at the slightest whiff of elevation change (Good luck tackling Eau rouge). And of all the cars they did this to the iconic F1 road car, you have to think loads of people will be buying this car for around ~20 million credits to just have it be a showpiece in their garage...

I've spent the most time messing with the F1 '94 road car doing trial & error since Praiano unfortunately never ended up getting it. I felt the same way and was constantly adjusting the tune sheet until I found settings that I am happy with and have not changed it since. Let me know if you would like me to share it with you.

I've spent the most time messing with the F1 '94 road car doing trial & error since Praiano unfortunately never ended up getting it. I felt the same way and was constantly adjusting the tune sheet until I found settings that I am happy with and have not changed it since. Let me know if you would like me to share it with you.
Definitely share. I think there are a few of us who're keen to see this monster tamed. It's such a pity that the default drive is just so poor.

The Master has done such an exceptional job on the '95 and '97, they are my two favourite cars to race in the 730PP and 800PP ranges for the WTC events. Even tuning the '95 up to 800PP is a competitive yet joyful and exhilarating drive.

Definitely share. I think there are a few of us who're keen to see this monster tamed. It's such a pity that the default drive is just so poor.

The Master has done such an exceptional job on the '95 and '97, they are my two favourite cars to race in the 730PP and 800PP ranges for the WTC events. Even tuning the '95 up to 800PP is a competitive yet joyful and exhilarating drive.
Hi guys, what helped my Mclaren F1 '94, was to add 200 kilos of weight and adjust the ballast to -50 to give more weight to the front end distribution of the car. It did this with the 918 Spyder, P1 GTR and Porsche GT Carrera, and to me they all drive a lot better now, and turn in a lot better as well. It took the Mclaren F1 '94 to Tokyo rain and it won easily by about 30 seconds on the hard setting driving with PS4 controller. It has 543 HP at 599.92 PP. LSD at 20/20/55. I hope this helps as i found this car to be fantastic in this range, i have not gone higher on PP yet.

I can’t duplicate this tune, my hp ends up at 261 and my PP at 570, if I lower the ecu to 87 then it is pretty close. I’ve scoured this tune though, I don’t see where I’m going wron
[edit] we’ll, I had 2 of these(one bare stock) so I did your tune from scratch and it worked, idk what was up with my first try. Thanks man, it works great. Your daily race tunes are such a pleasure to race with
You're doing something wrong

Wide car
Rims size up to you
Front A - Side A - Rear A - Wing A

Check also engine tuning and bodywork.

w4.jpg

Suzuka V6 Escudo Pikes Peak SP '98 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia event
This is equally as good tuned down to 700. My lap times were a bit slower than myk’s version, but the overall time is within 5 seconds of each other. Interestingly enough, the stock box is slightly better in terms of acceleration, so you can get some PP back there without sacrificing any economy (she was tested with your box however). This is about 10 MPH slower than myk’s, but I was able to take some corners nearly 15 MPH quicker than any other car I use, so its a fair trade. I look forward to much more testing of this car/tune and really wish I had some more time today to do so.

Volkswagen Scicorro R '10 - 561 PP - Comfort Soft Tires - Daily race BMB

Just 2 twins FF cars lost in my garage ,only for my faithfull friends and followers. It can't be a habit :lol:
I'm very bad on this track nad with this kind of FF cars. Regular under 1:20.000

Wide car
Rims size up to you

View attachment 1183960View attachment 1183961View attachment 1183962View attachment 1183963

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Threw this same setup on the Megan safety car and am only 1.5s behind the VW

This is equally as good tuned down to 700. My lap times were a bit slower than myk’s version, but the overall time is within 5 seconds of each other. Interestingly enough, the stock box is slightly better in terms of acceleration, so you can get some PP back there without sacrificing any economy (she was tested with your box however). This is about 10 MPH slower than myk’s, but I was able to take some corners nearly 15 MPH quicker than any other car I use, so its a fair trade. I look forward to much more testing of this car/tune and really wish I had some more time today to do so.
But you can't compare a sardinia 800PP detuned and a 700PP Le Mans tune. Even more talking about "overall time is within 5 seconds of each other" due to weather . Perhaps if you consider lap 2 and 3 on dry track , that almost the same time out of traffic.

Last edited:
But you can't compare a sardinia 800PP detuned and a 700PP Le Mans tune. Even more talking about "overall time is within 5 seconds of each other" due to weather . Perhaps if you consider lap 2 and 3 on dry track , that almost the same time out of traffic.
Don’t get me wrong, its a great tune taken down to 700 (myk’s was also a de-tune from 800 for the record) that works really well! I used his tune as a reference as it was all I had. I noted that it had a lower top speed as I find it a point of curiosity more than anything as I can’t figure out why that was the case. The fact that it wasn’t able to match the lap time, but was able to match the overall time was meant as a compliment, not a slight. I also noted how unbelievably fast I can take corners with your tune, it has sooooo much grip. My intent was not to criticize your tune at all, please don’t misunderstand my comments.

Don’t get me wrong, its a great tune taken down to 700 (myk’s was also a de-tune from 800 for the record) that works really well! I used his tune as a reference as it was all I had. I noted that it had a lower top speed as I find it a point of curiosity more than anything as I can’t figure out why that was the case. The fact that it wasn’t able to match the lap time, but was able to match the overall time was meant as a compliment, not a slight. I also noted how unbelievably fast I can take corners with your tune, it has sooooo much grip. My intent was not to criticize your tune at all, please don’t misunderstand my comments.
"Don’t get me wrong" , I don't , it's ok ;) . I just want to say that the car don't fit to a long straight Speed oriented circuit , with almost no need of grip during 90% of the time.

As much as I didn't want to add Widebody, it helped with the much needed grip (+Wide Rims/Offset).
Also as people have spoken about ECU vs Power Restrictor it might be worth reversing the two and testing it out yourself, I can't remember why I did it this way, maybe influenced by the performance stats on the left too much. But the car performs really well and is fast, best of all can enjoy the amazing cockpit view!

note: Racing Parts + Increase body rigidity / No Engine upgrades

700pp - GRIP/ALL Tracks
f1 Grip tune.jpg

700pp - Le Mans
f1 Le Mans Tune.jpg

Gearbox
gearbox.jpg

Worth crediting all the Mclaren F1 '94 tune sheets i've seen on here as i've spent hours trying them, mix and matching and reverse engineering just to finally find peace with this one lol

Last edited:
As much as I didn't want to add Widebody, it helped with the much needed grip (+Wide Rims/Offset).
Also as people have spoken about ECU vs Power Restrictor it might be worth reversing the two and testing it out yourself, I can't remember why I did it this way, maybe influenced by the performance stats on the left too much. But the car performs really well and is fast, best of all can enjoy the amazing cockpit view!

note: Racing Parts + Increase body rigidity / No Engine upgrades

700pp - GRIP/ALL Tracks
View attachment 1184712

700pp - Le Mans
View attachment 1184713

Gearbox
View attachment 1184714

Worth crediting all the F1 '94 tune sheets i've seen on here as i've spent hours trying them, mix and matching and reverse engineering just to finally find peace with this one lol
Bro if you ever need a kidney i have 2.

Edit: I can't seem to replicate the All tracks tune, the Le Mans tune is fire though 🔥. Bought a second Mclaren just to widebody it and keep one stock 🤑
wide rims, wide offset.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo® 7_20220818081652.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220818081652.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20220818081657.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220818081657.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Gran Turismo® 7_20220818103852.jpg
    Gran Turismo® 7_20220818103852.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 700PP - racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - Swap Engine

Engine swap Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)

Wide Wide Wide Wide Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide
Wing custom

View attachment 1182862View attachment 1182863View attachment 1182864View attachment 1182865View attachment 1182866View attachment 1182867

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
4:08.026 on a slightly still moist track, very nice! I still prefer your non-swapped version for some reason, this is quite a bit faster though.

Bro if you ever need a kidney i have 2.

Edit: I can't seem to replicate the All tracks tune, the Le Mans tune is fire though 🔥. Bought a second Mclaren just to widebody it and keep one stock 🤑
wide rims, wide offset.
Glad to hear mate, I will double check when i'm home and update this post if I notice anything different between the sheets.

@m0b1us - just checked, it was just a pp bug on my end, after I did my rims again it reverted.

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz 300SL coupé '54 - 500PP - Sport Hard Tires - All tracks / Nordschleife
This was a blast to crank up as high as I could and run at Sarthe, Greta would approve. I started the race at FM6 and made it through 4 laps before the RM’s had to be changed, had 30% fuel left, so MAYBE (with a MT and RH’s) possible to no-stop the race if the conditions are right. FM1 will do 3 and FM3 will do 4, so probably the better strategy here. With a higher FM it actually is pretty fun to zip around the course. On Hard, this would be a real challenge to get a win I think, but I’m sure its possible. Really fun car to drive and obviously one of the most elegant cars ever made. Bravo good sir!

A59B7A7C-6484-4BF9-93CB-BA4C8DC38C4C.jpeg

Hi Praiano!!! Now, in the daily race, there is the Blue Moon Bay Speedway circuit. People take the Scirocco R '10. They ask for comfortable tires and 250 hp. Can you prepare a good setup for this race? Thanks!!!

I believe Master doesn't like FF cars

Volkswagen Scicorro R '10 - 561 PP - Comfort Soft Tires - Daily race BMB

Just 2 twins FF cars lost in my garage ,only for my faithfull friends and followers. It can't be a habit :lol:
I'm very bad on this track nad with this kind of FF cars. Regular under 1:20.000

Wide car
Rims size up to you

View attachment 1183960View attachment 1183961View attachment 1183962View attachment 1183963

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I was gonna comment on this livery I found for it, saying he doesn't do FF cars! Then, log into gtplanet, sure enough- see these posts!!
20220820_083034.jpg

And btw, you "bonanza" boys probably have 6-8 bore up "S" for the VW, I was lucky enough to score some titanium rods as well after 2 weeks of hanging at the "cafe' burning 🔥 with luca'...

With maxed out engine, full weight reduction, It can eat (k20) swapped civics etc. all day. I can hit 219 in the straight, holds 150+ thru the turns. Definitely a sleeper car, not a ff fan at all! But, can vouche, Tis' a fun little sleeper.(tokyo east) (lip, skirts, difuser, no wing, mid turbo)
20220820_084833.jpg

Last edited:
4:08.026 on a slightly still moist track, very nice! I still prefer your non-swapped version for some reason, this is quite a bit faster though.
Well, someone had to do this, I figured it might as well be me.

I bought yet another De Tomaso Pantera and did the wide body kit while keeping the Cleveland 351.

Of course I tweaked the engine according to Prai's earlier tune with the stock body. I had to fiddle around using the suspension tune for the Coyote, but compensate for the increased weight midships with some ballast very slightly forward,(keeping the 41/59 ratio) and use the engine and LSD tune for the cleveland. I had to upgrade the wing to work it up to 200 but it all went very well. I kind of like the cleveland with all that lovely torque even at Fuel Map 6. Plus, I can squeeze 4 laps out of the cleveland as well with no greedy supercharger on board.
I'm sure Praiano could probably tweak this tune to preclude using ballast with the cleveland but it works anyway.

For your information,
Cheers, Pete

Well, someone had to do this, I figured it might as well be me.

I bought yet another De Tomaso Pantera and did the wide body kit while keeping the Cleveland 351.

Of course I tweaked the engine according to Prai's earlier tune with the stock body. I had to fiddle around using the suspension tune for the Coyote, but compensate for the increased weight midships with some ballast very slightly forward,(keeping the 41/59 ratio) and use the engine and LSD tune for the cleveland. I had to upgrade the wing to work it up to 200 but it all went very well. I kind of like the cleveland with all that lovely torque even at Fuel Map 6. Plus, I can squeeze 4 laps out of the cleveland as well with no greedy supercharger on board.
I'm sure Praiano could probably tweak this tune to preclude using ballast with the cleveland but it works anyway.

For your information,
Cheers, Pete
I kept my first one with the Cleveland (no wide-body) and waited for it to pop back up before building the swapped one. His tune for the 351 is excellent in its own right. Its the 4 laps that made it so valuable for me. I also added a wing, more for aesthetics IIRC, possiblly for some downforce and inadvertently skipped the gearbox. It was also buit out to allow for RS’s, it might be better served to adjust that down to RM’s though. Now that you’ve got me thinking about it, I may just run it again today, we’ll see!

Last edited:
Would just like to compliment the master on his tune for the Sauber Mercedes C9 '89. It is by some margin my favourite car. So fun to drive, fast and frugal. I'd highly recommend anyone who doesn't own it to pop to Hagerty before it goes again.
It’s been a money maker for me for months. It does great at 800pp.

Edit: just don’t use it for the night races. The headlights are horrible. Especially, in the rain and dark.

Last edited:
Nissan GT-R Nismo '17 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks

The faster 700PP Road car on Nordschleife / Suzuka and most on tracks ..... For Le Mans you can't do 4 laps at FM6 , so 2 stops only.

Wide car
Rims up to you
Front A - Side A - Rear Standard - Wing A

View attachment 1171859View attachment 1171860

1- set auto speed at the minimum 320kmh

View attachment 1171861View attachment 1171862

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
What a great car. You can go for max HP or set it up for better grip and handling. Seems to be the best 700pp car out there

I kept my first one with the Cleveland (no wide-body) and waited for it to pop back up before building the swapped one. His tune for the 351 is excellent in its own right. Its the 4 laps that made it so valuable for me. I also added a wing, more for aesthetics IIRC, possiblly for some downforce and inadvertently skipped the gearbox. It was also buit out to allow for RS’s, it might be better served to adjust that down to RM’s though. Now that you’ve got me thinking about it, I may just run it again today, we’ll see!
Well, on one race with the Wide Cleveland, I pitted on 5 and there was not a lot of time left so I blasted on FM1 running RMediums thinking they would last through the next two laps. My first lap was just over 4 minutes and I figured I could do better on the last lap still at FM1. Not gonna happen! When I looked at the wear bars for the mediums I just about choked!?! The rears were worn down to 1/2!?!? So I pussyfooted around the last lap trying not to lose the rear end on the corners.

So don't bother using Race Mediums with FM 1 or 2.

Nissan R33 GT-R V-Spec '97 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All around
This is a special car in GT7 , till now i don't know any other with those behaviors. Perhaps the Yaris but his brakes are really broken.
The R33 have a few similarity with the Yaris because the brakes are bringing the whole car to the apex , not dosing the pressure , you can upset the car if too much pressure or late on the brakes (but the brake's Yaris are broken) . Well done , you will use this normally after some laps , bringing back the front of the car to his driving line to reach the apex , you're the boss. Fantastic sensation , really great. Both 600PP and 700PP are this way. For the 700PP with so much power and Sport tires , You'll the king of the drifters if you want to. Even me , the worst drifter of the univers.
Accelerate , bring inside the line with a soft brake input. A fantastic game to play for racing too . I'm in love with this car. Mission complished ;):dopey:.
PS: About performances , Number 1 for 700PP , top 3 for 600PP

Wide Body

Rims 17" Rim Width Wide Offset Wide

Front A Side A Rear B Wing A
Another masterpiece by @praiano63 ! Great smooth and fast car!!

Back