PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,835 comments
Great tune! I ran this at Sardegna 15 lap and had to pit four times... but I won the race! Is there anything you can change to increase fuel mileage?

Also, I found the tune to be a little squirrelly. Understeer mostly. Suggesting for sticking to the track better, or maybe just reduce understeer?
Only way for gas consumption
Texaco3.jpg

It’s back in the legends car dealership today. I bought it and tried it at Le Mans. With just a medium RPM turbo and zero suspension tune, I won easily. It’s a good car out of the box. I just now realized there was a Praiano tune for it. I was running 4.10 dry laps, I’ll check it again with his tune. It does well in the rain and you can push it hard in the corners on RH tires on a dry track. I’ll see how close I can get to the 4 min mark. The Veneno is the only car I can get under 4 min laps at 700pp there.
Bought the 155 right now. It was a nice car to drive!!

I did a 4.13 lap as the best one. I just started to use manual transmission. I am also managing the breaking myself.

But then I ryn on easy, and with a lot of the driving aids. Does that automatically gives you lower performance, and chance to do good lap times?

I don’t think running on easy does much except make the competitors run slower. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m really happy to see your continued progress!!!!

Could you link to your tune if it is available on the forum, for comparison?
I’m away from home and will be for the next week so I can’t access it, but it’s literally just Praiano’s tune and I raised the ride height so I could raise the power. I think I slightly tweaked the aero too. I got it back up to 600hp and it still handles about the same.

Last edited:
Bought the 155 right now. It was a nice car to drive!!

I did a 4.13 lap as the best one. I just started to use manual transmission. I am also managing the breaking myself.

But then I ryn on easy, and with a lot of the driving aids. Does that automatically gives you lower performance, and chance to do good lap times?

Good man going for the manual option (and good to see you back posting regularly, like your curiosty for learning stuff!). Recall years ago 1st changing and it feeling awkward at first, but you quickly get used to to it mates, so please persist. It then carries over to all other racing games and you won't want to turn back to auto then...

Yes aids certainly can slow down. From what I can glean, the general recommendation is abs full, tcs 0 or 1. 0 generally considered quickest if you know the track and can handle the car, but running zero can be slower in that if you keep spinning out by pushing throttle too hard, you'll obviously lose time v being consistent but power/acceleration being cut slightly by tcs cutting in when accelerating out of turns.

Also worth bearing in mind tcs only kicks in if you do hammer it too much out of bends, so if you drive perfectly and running 1, in theory it may not even be activated. I sometimes ramp up tcs if it rains hard, particularly if I haven't had chance to enter tge pit row to change to inters/wets.

The other aids like asm, counter steer are too intrusive and effect how the car handles and slows it down too much. Although tge odd person mentions car sometimes benefits from them in license or missions, where cr4p handling can't be tuned out. Not only slows you down but becomes a crux potentially.

Basically my opinion formed from reading this forum is yiu want to aim for abs on, tcs 0 or perhaps 1 on some handful cars... rwd muscles, or say highly tuned 787b (I used tcs1 on a menu recently as was tedious having to run gauntlet of it not spinning out on tough daytona vgt series...). Some run abs weak, but that seems a very small % of players mentioning that... I would bit tge bullet, remove ALL aids apart from abs and tcs. Even if it means running 3 or 4 tcs and gradually whittling it down... which you most certainly will do. Pick more stable cars so experience less frustrating, and therefore less likely to get despondent and switch all on aids back on (so avoid tokyo gltch tomohawk, engine swapped m3, high powered rwds muscle cars, perhaps use 4wd or really stable praino tuned car or gr 3 or 4 sector cars with high grips... Alfa 155 is a good handling car.) You've got this 👍.

Last edited:
I personally run tc 1 on a lot of cars. I use the red braking zone thing too on tracks that I don’t know very well.
Yeah racing line can help on new tracks for sure... can help with frustration of learning low aids, rather than compound annoyance.

Defo switch off ASAP though as somevmay become reliant on, almost like driving on auto pilot. I leave tge corner marker aids switched on. Don't regularly use them, but in bumper view, where car is low, can sometimes help with giving indication of where the more hidden turns lie... as forward visibility not as good as roof cam or 3rd person view.

I used the line option rather than the zone thing. Gear indicator usually gives good idea of when you need to start braking, although on some turns it flashes too late, but mainly its reliable. Also find I can usually run some turns on a circuit a gear higher than it advises. But when learning I think its useful, and probably better than having loads of other aids enabled.

B80
Yeah racing line can help on new tracks for sure... can help with frustration of learning low aids, rather than compound annoyance.

Defo switch off ASAP though as somevmay become reliant on, almost like driving on auto pilot. I leave tge corner marker aids switched on. Don't regularly use them, but in bumper view, where car is low, can sometimes help with giving indication of where the more hidden turns lie... as forward visibility not as good as roof cam or 3rd person view.

I used the line option rather than the zone thing. Gear indicator usually gives good idea of when you need to start braking, although on some turns it flashes too late, but mainly its reliable. Also find I can usually run some turns on a circuit a gear higher than it advises. But when learning I think its useful, and probably better than having loads of other aids enabled.
A gear indicator, I had no idea thats what that was! 🤣 Oh man thanks for the tip!!

I’m away from home and will be for the next week so I can’t access it, but it’s literally just Praiano’s tune and I raised the ride height so I could raise the power. I think I slightly tweaked the aero too. I got it back up to 600hp and it still handles about the same.
Thank you for informing. I will try that.

@praiano63 Would you like to tune the Toyota Ft-1 VGT (Gr.3) car for the VGT races in menu? I am struggling a lot for its understeer and turn very not sharp, I tried my best to tune but it is not getting better. Thank you very much if you respond to my request.

@praiano63 Would you like to tune the Toyota Ft-1 VGT (Gr.3) car for the VGT races in menu? I am struggling a lot for its understeer and turn very not sharp, I tried my best to tune but it is not getting better. Thank you very much if you respond to my request.
Hi. What races ? What menu number ?

Last edited:
Thank you for informing. I will try that.
The ride height I used was 145F/150R. I found my post. I think that’s all I changed. I call it FU power because I love being in first place by the end of the first lap because I can hit 195 even on FM6 and it has the power fly by them when they’re accelerating. I’ve hit 215 on FM1.

Rain dependent, I do stops at the end of lap 3 and 6 on FM 6 and short shifting and have a fun wide open lap 7 on FM1. I fill up with enough gas for two laps and use it all in one lap. Hahaha

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 - 700PP - Racing hard tires -Nordschleife / All around

Wide Car
Rims up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset wide
Ffront B - Side A - Rear A - Rear wing Custom
6:35 on Nordschleife as the Cayman GT4 or some few top 700PP , excelent grip and top speed , stable and safe.

Can't wait to take this for a spin. I'm not the hugest fan of American muscle cars but in this game, the Corvettes are my fave drives. So much fun.

What about the Grp 3 Road Car? Worth a tune?

Can't wait to take this for a spin. I'm not the hugest fan of American muscle cars but in this game, the Corvettes are my fave drives. So much fun.

What about the Grp 3 Road Car? Worth a tune?
They are good cars for most of them , but the problem is that it's impossible to race with any of them against the other . PP or POWER x Weight never match the performance. The difference is big.

Hello, thank you for your reply. It should be menu 41 and I struggle with the race in Deep Forest Reverse
I have a tune for it at 730PP Racing hard tires.
The VGT race on Deep forest is a 850PP race max . The Toyota can go to 780PP with racing soft. It's possible to win but still difficult. Need to lap 1:24 max without mistake.

I happen to have a VGT tuning garage since most of the real tuners don't work on VGTs. The Tomahawk and Lexus work great. You can use the Porsche and Peugot too. The Lambo is a bit crazy though.

Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks (Le Mans)

Lap under 4:10 easy and steady on Le Mans dry track.

View attachment 1175346View attachment 1175347

To set the gearbox , just set each gear like showed for Le Mans.

View attachment 1175348View attachment 1175349View attachment 1175350View attachment 1175351

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Can i Pm you my tune for this car? I don’t use turbo but I have 480hp. On a FM1 lap I can get around 3:55 times for sure.

Can i Pm you my tune for this car? I don’t use turbo but I have 480hp. On a FM1 lap I can get around 3:55 times for sure.
Hello. It's ok , feel free to post your tune here if you want , to share your car here. My garage is a free place for people who want to publish a specific(s) car(s) , without needing to open a garage thread for it and have a good visibility and exchange. No problems.
My own cars are listed in the first post of this garage so it's ok

Last edited:
Hey mate. Any chance you could tune a Supra GT500 for Neoclassical Challenge. I know this is a big one but I have no other real cars that would stand a chance. Thanks

Back