PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,889 comments
De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 700PP - racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - Swap Engine 1.23
Near perfection, I honestly can’t think of another road car that is so easy to post ridiculous times in. By the 2nd CP in the final lap I knew I was in for a new record. I just missed the sub-4:00 lap and wasn’t far from getting an 8th lap. New PR’s for lap and overall by 3 and 4 seconds, respectively.

01E02370-3520-448F-80AF-1DF4D660E0A0.jpeg
CDD36805-F029-4D88-B463-10C71F8088F4.jpeg

Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo '91 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All Tracks - 1.23

Wide Body

Rims Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Rear St - Wing Custom

Top car on Norschleife , lap around sub 7:10. Good on Tokyo rain event too.
Rear end is very alive , take care when you place the car under brake to no be late , or you'll dance. I love this behavior. It's agressive on turny track like the ring , if you like a more tight car , you can raise the front ride height.

m1.jpg

nx.jpg

m3.jpg
m4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Attachments

• m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Wide Body

Rear end is very alive , take care when you place the car under brake to no be late , or you'll dance. I love this behavior. It's agressive on turny track like the ring , if you like a more tight car , you can raise the front ride height.

View attachment 1199397View attachment 1199398View attachment 1199399View attachment 1199400

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Mate, this drives like an absolute beauty! I thought I may have to raise the front like you said but nope, it's perfect :-)

Suzuki Cappuccini '91 - Maxed 548PP - Intermediary / Racing Hard tires - Tokyo Rain Event - SWAP
Engine SWAP 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)

Wide Body

Rims 13" Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing Custom

A real Bomb but i set it to be easy and friendly. Others radicals pilots can low the front and / or add some front downforce. Up to you. It's ok like this for me.
Start with 5 laps with intermediary and 7 laps with racing hard. You can lap under 2:00 minutes.

View attachment 1199122View attachment 1199123

1- Set the final gear to max 6.500
2-Set auto speed at the minimum 800kmh
3- Set final gear to minimum 3.500
4-Set each individual gear ratio . This is the difficult part.
The 1st gear is already ok. You need to play with the others gears since you meet the range you need.When you shut one gear , mess with the next and come back to the precedent gear , the ratio range will change. I know , it's a crazy method but this is the only way (Thanks PD) :lol: :cheers:
Done.

View attachment 1199124View attachment 1199125

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
This tune can win Tokyo Rain and LeMans easily. I tightened up the front a little bit (to make it a little less "squirrelly" for me), but there was no other adjustment needed to win both events. Once again, great tune from the Maestro.

Wide Body

View attachment 1199397View attachment 1199398View attachment 1199399View attachment 1199400

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I know exactly what i will do today afternoon, thank you so much! Do you think it's worth it to use Sports Hard for full Power?

And I'm really looking forward to this:
Coming next

Suzuka V6 Escudo Pikes Peak SP '98 - 600PP - Comfort Soft tires - Tokyo Rain event 1.23

Rims up to you - Width Wide - Offset Wide

Custom Manual gearbox.

Pointed by @perico :cheers: this car is is the faster car on this event for now. It lap 2:04 when the track is drying. Under 26 minutes race.
Need to re-learn the track , later braking marks and later turning points. Huge grip. Shift at 8000 RPM.

View attachment 1197861View attachment 1197862View attachment 1197863View attachment 1197864

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Just tuned this up to 700pp for Le Mans 30 mins and it absolutely dominates that race - brilliant settings, thanks!

Hi, Praiano.

Do you think most of your tunes, especially the suspension setting would work without a widebody too? I don't want to get widebodys on every car that i tune like yours. They are expensive and you can't go back to standard.

Hi, Praiano.

Do you think most of your tunes, especially the suspension setting would work without a widebody too? I don't want to get widebodys on every car that i tune like yours. They are expensive and you can't go back to standard.
Normally there is no big difference between wide car or original car. You can see the PP difference when you click on the wide car option button. Most of the cars , i think around 90% don't show difference. Only a 1 or 2 PP . Sometime the modification take out some very few PP , perhaps due to less aerodynamic...
For those kinds of cars , you can considere that it's only aethestic.
In few cases , some cars are showing a big PP different , like the De Tomaso for example. The different of grip and performance are sensible.In this case , it's recommanded to perform the modification of course.

I've tested both version
-With rear diffuser and without.
I think the rear diffuser drop too much PP (less power for same PP). It add some grip and not enough to compense the lost of power.
I can understand this on a top speed and long straight are dominant , like Le Mans , where the NO Diffuser version is more performant.
But on Suzuka ? a turny track that need a lot of grip ? Both version are performing the same. Rear Diffuser car would have a better performant there.
Rear diffuser now under 1.23 rules are totally overvalued.

Last edited:
Near perfection, I honestly can’t think of another road car that is so easy to post ridiculous times in. By the 2nd CP in the final lap I knew I was in for a new record. I just missed the sub-4:00 lap and wasn’t far from getting an 8th lap. New PR’s for lap and overall by 3 and 4 seconds, respectively.

Man, would love to get this engine.....😍

Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks (Le Mans)

Lap under 4:10 easy and steady on Le Mans dry track.

View attachment 1175346View attachment 1175347

To set the gearbox , just set each gear like showed for Le Mans.

View attachment 1175348View attachment 1175349View attachment 1175350View attachment 1175351

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Hi Praiano,
when you have some time and don't know what to do can you have a look on your old setup an change it to 1.23 if it's still Performant.
Bought the car an Our ago and had to reduce HP massive to get the 700 LP with your setup.

Last edited:
Nissan R34 GT-R VSII Nurb '02 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Tracks - 1.23

Wide Body

Front B - Side St - Rear St - Wing Custom

Number 1 700PP car for the moment at Norschleife and Suzuka by a large margin. The beast . extremely easy to drive fast . No surprises.
Perhaps don't need all the engine tuning to drive 600PP and 700PP for the same car. I was just wanted to test at max power ( It's working also perfectly) Up to you.

n1.jpg
n2.jpg
n3.jpg
n4.jpg
n5.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Which is most IRL realistic? Before or after 1.23?
If I recall, drivers from IMSA were complaining about their BOP being out of balance. No BOP system is perfect apparently. The only tuned cars I use are for Grinding Sardines. Aka Sardegna WTC600 lol.

With PD throwing more mud at the BOP system with every update and eliminating more cars to be used for grinding to buy more cars, it sure seems like they are trying to push us online into Sport Mode. Where we get chump change for our efforts, enticing people to spend 20 bucks for 2M credits!!! Which is absolute insanity!!!

The BOP system is still broken. It should never remove a part from a car, such as a turbo or supercharger. It should adjust it with the parts still on it. We still cannot use the BOP presets, except what PD makes us use for GTWS events. A driver should be able to choose which BOP they want to use in a lobby at least. It would almost be like have a few Tuned By Kaz presets.

Suzuki Cappuccini '91 - Maxed 548PP - Intermediary / Racing Hard tires - Tokyo Rain Event - SWAP
Engine SWAP 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)

Wide Body

Rims 13" Up to you - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Rear A - Wing Custom

A real Bomb but i set it to be easy and friendly. Others radicals pilots can low the front and / or add some front downforce. Up to you. It's ok like this for me.
Start with 5 laps with intermediary and 7 laps with racing hard. You can lap under 2:00 minutes.

View attachment 1199122View attachment 1199123

1- Set the final gear to max 6.500
2-Set auto speed at the minimum 800kmh
3- Set final gear to minimum 3.500
4-Set each individual gear ratio . This is the difficult part.
The 1st gear is already ok. You need to play with the others gears since you meet the range you need.When you shut one gear , mess with the next and come back to the precedent gear , the ratio range will change. I know , it's a crazy method but this is the only way (Thanks PD) :lol: :cheers:
Done.

View attachment 1199124View attachment 1199125

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Sir, this is absolute bonkers! Fantastic tune! First try with wasn't as fast as you, ran 2:02 lap times, but this is great.

Thank you

I am ashamed to admit I've never won the Tokyo rain race. Not enough discipline! Haven't even tried it more than about 3-4 times.
Gonna attempt it again using the Cappucino.
What Fuel Map strategy do I need to use?
Do the competition all make 1 pit stop?
Does the track dry for the last half of race?
Any other tips for how to avoid those freaking 5 sec penalties? Is it just a matter of learning the braking points super well?

I am ashamed to admit I've never won the Tokyo rain race. Not enough discipline! Haven't even tried it more than about 3-4 times.
Gonna attempt it again using the Cappucino.
What Fuel Map strategy do I need to use?
Do the competition all make 1 pit stop?
Does the track dry for the last half of race?
Any other tips for how to avoid those freaking 5 sec penalties? Is it just a matter of learning the braking points super well?

FM1 all race.
Start on inters, change to Racing Hard at the end of lap 5.
For me it was just learning the track, this car is fast enough to win with a couple of penalties.
Tracks pretty dry by lap 4, almost dry by 6.

Back