PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,815 comments
You’re selling yourself short if your running a GR3 for 800pp races

Winning with Gr3 or Streetcars is so much more fun than Gr1/2 grinding.
I really like both of it. I like to race stock cars on tokyo to see how well they perform against the AI tuned road cars. But i started to also like using all of the 800pp limit on sardegna to use a nice tunes GT3 or detuned GT2/1. They handle so well and are fast, but the road cars feel more like winning by driving. It's great that you have both options to grind, since only one track the whole time can be really boring.

@malcolm20006
I think the NSX GT500 can be run stock tune with no problem.
Also here:

Last edited:
maestro, would you be able to tune the following cars: the honda beat with swapped engine, Lancer evo V, impreza 22b and Lancer evo VI t.m.? thanks

Last edited:
Not the point. I have all the old Gr1 and Gr2 cars. Easy win but at least a little challenge from time to time is a good thing. Winning with Gr3 or Streetcars is so much more fun than Gr1/2 grinding. You are selling yorself short on the fun of the game. Just proving a point. ;-)
I can win way easier on Le Mans 700 with street cars than a GR3 or GR4 car

Hello mate @praiano63 ,can you pls tune the Nissan GTR Nismo GT3(2018 one), Honda NSX GT500(2016 ver.) and Nissan GTR GT500(2016 ver.), pls? I hope I can do more money grinding by Gr.2 car in Sardegna and I hope I can use the above 2 Gr.2 cars. For the GTR Nismo GT3, I still find a nice setup for me. Thx a lot for your help if you do me a favour, really appreciate that. Thx
Sorry but i only tune news cars or any preference older cars update , for donators actually. Too much cars to update in my garage after 1.23
maestro, would you be able to tune the following cars: the honda beat with swapped engine, Lancer evo V, impreza 22b and Lancer evo VI t.m.? thanks
I'll check soon.

I just tried the Porsche RSR GR3 can on Sardegna. I got third place because I had a couple mishaps on lap eight on my shot out tires. Granted, I could have won if I raced perfectly, but It’s such a sharp drop off from maxed out Gr3 car to a de-tuned Gr1 car. I finish with those with having lapped most of the pack. If almost lapped the entire pack before and I’m sure better drivers easily have.

I just tried the Porsche RSR GR3 can on Sardegna. I got third place because I had a couple mishaps on lap eight on my shot out tires. Granted, I could have won if I raced perfectly, but It’s such a sharp drop off from maxed out Gr3 car to a de-tuned Gr1 car. I finish with those with having lapped most of the pack. If almost lapped the entire pack before and I’m sure better drivers easily have.
What was your pit strategy? Maybe a discussion for another thread, but the Porsche is easily capable of winning, just need to short shift and fuel save and it'll pull 1:40-1:42 laps all race long and win by 8-10 seconds.

What was your pit strategy? Maybe a discussion for another thread, but the Porsche is easily capable of winning, just need to short shift and fuel save and it'll pull 1:40-1:42 laps all race long and win by 8-10 seconds.
Well not with me driving on my PS5 controller. :lol: I still would have won without a few spins on the second half of lap 8. The rear tires were almost full red.

One pit stop after lap 8. I was running consistent. 1:44-1:45. Take ten seconds a lap off of that for the Sauber Merc.

Last edited:
Well not with me driving on my PS5 controller. :lol: I still would have won without a few spins on the second half of lap 8. The rear tires were almost full red.

One pit stop after lap 8. I was running consistent. 1:44-1:45. Take ten seconds a lap off of that for the Sauber Merc.
Try adjusting your brake balance to the front a notch or two and reduce your rear downforce a little. Should help the rear wear and you'll get a 1-stop out of it with less drama.

Well not with me driving on my PS5 controller. :lol:

Try adjusting your brake balance to the front a notch or two and reduce your rear downforce a little. Should help the rear wear and you'll get a 1-stop out of it with less drama.
I’m runnning -2 brake balance.

So you’re saying that lowering rear downforce helps with rear tire wear? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’ve never heard that before. It sounds counter intuitive.

Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 - 600PP - Sport medium /Hard tires - All Track

New update is a pilot car. Not an very easy car to drive fast , but very performant anywhere. Don't overdrive it and try to find the speed line.
The car is also performant on Tokyo rain with sport hard tires.
I’m so glad I chose to run Exeter’s version first, saved me a retest of yours! Might be a bit though, weekend coming and then I’m off on vacation next week.
I’m runnning -2 brake balance.

So you’re saying that lowering rear downforce helps with rear tire wear? I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I’ve never heard that before. It sounds counter intuitive.
That has been my experience. I don’t find it counter-intuitive, a higher downforce is akin to adding weight on the rear tires, thus increasing wear.

I’m so glad I chose to run Exeter’s version first, saved me a retest of yours! Might be a bit though, weekend coming and then I’m off on vacation next week.

That has been my experience. I don’t find it counter-intuitive, a higher downforce is akin to adding weight on the rear tires, thus increasing wear.
In my mind, I thought of it as more grip = less slippage and therefore less loss of traction/more tire wear.

Last edited:
I could have the platinium long time ago but I just wanted to have fun with all Praiano’s tunes ( and still have a lot to tune and enjoy ). Just a post to share my joy to play this game and thanks the boss !!!
Thank you again for all your work !!! ;)
Your the real boss here !
Without your tunes, I just have left this game long time ago…
PD should deliver to you a special price for the wonderful energy you deliver to us with your tunes !!!
Love and care to all the players !
A little love for the guy that give us those tunes !!!

Attachments

• 42D33503-2A6C-41AB-A7EE-2B6C3B6EA561.jpeg
    42D33503-2A6C-41AB-A7EE-2B6C3B6EA561.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 17
  • B3796B37-2403-4967-A42C-D9B8CCD571B4.jpeg
    B3796B37-2403-4967-A42C-D9B8CCD571B4.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 16
  • EA75B1ED-9C0D-47B6-BF30-7370DF5ED0EE.jpeg
    EA75B1ED-9C0D-47B6-BF30-7370DF5ED0EE.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
In my mind, I thought of it as more grip = less slippage and therefore less loss of traction/more tire wear.
Try it out. Only wants a reduction of 20-30kg at the rear (you don't want to lose too much, just enough to pull some aero-induced weight off the rear tyres). The trick is reducing the downforce while retaining traction, so you want to reduce it enough that you're not losing the rear end (destroying tyres) but reducing the effective aero weight (saving tyres).

A quote below regarding aero on F1 cars:

"Increasing the downforce corresponds to increased contact patch surface between the tires and the track. As the contact patch increases the tire wear also increases.

But this in-turn might be equal to the wear in tires of a car running at 5 to 10 kmph faster than the car with high downforce.Hence all the teams try to find the sweetspot for tire degradation,downforce and speed."

Last edited:
Sorry but i only tune news cars or any preference older cars update , for donators actually. Too much cars to update in my garage after 1.23

I'll check soon.
Thx pal, looking forward for an other nice setup! You'd help me a lot to save some cars that I don't like or even I won't drive!

Can be detuned at 600PP sport medium tires , with Sport Hard on Tokyo Rain (I even race there with comfort softwith a best 2:08 lap)
So cool you updated this. What else you do for 600pp? i guess changing to SH is not enough. :)

Edit: So i changed to SH, didn't do any weight reduction and did some ECU and Power adjustments for 600pp. Could win by 18s with one stop. Pretty awesome, as always. :)

Last edited:
That livery is insane, also im very anxious for that beast!
I did it basing me on the Lambo Diablo livery. It's on share on my profile.
I did a performant tune yesterday but it's hard to drive , more than 500HP on 1000kg car , on a weird suspension and very weaks brakes. A top of this a very peaky engine with the power coming all together. :lol: 😲 Not so easy to manage.
I'll try to find a way till tonight , if i'll not be able to find a cure , i'll publish the car the way it is now.

Honda Beat '91 - 537PP - Sport Soft - All Track - Swap - 1.39
Set for Tokyo Rain event but you can use with Racing tires anywhere else . Don't overdrive the car , it's a bit technical to lead , if you go over the grip you'll lose it.

Wide Body
Rims up to you / Width Wide / Offset wide
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

This livery is my job :D , on share already.

h1.jpeg
h2.jpeg
h3.jpeg
h4.jpeg
h5.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Back