PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,832 comments
the brokenccino will soon have a new sheriff in town

Attachments

• 18425a5abab75-b6e0ea52106bf5be34012ed7766d204404cf2b18-815_message_426772152827703_1667078721983.jpg
    18425a5abab75-b6e0ea52106bf5be34012ed7766d204404cf2b18-815_message_426772152827703_1667078721983.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 244
Honda Beat '91 - 500PP - Sport Soft - All Track - Swap K20C1 Civic '20 - 1.25
A PP bug on this car let it than more 500HP , of course extremely fast anywhere , under the 1mn on Tsukuba , 7:05 on Nordschleife , perfect for Tokyo also , just take care for the huge power peak at high RPM for 1st and 2d gear.
I had also a 45/55 wheight repartition tune but it was a bit too more extreme . This one is drivable and fast , with still a good eagerness and a good front grip.

Wide Body
Rims up to you / Width Wide / Offset wide
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

This livery is my job :D , on share already.

View attachment 1204403View attachment 1204404
For the gears , you have to perform a trick.
Final gear max value full right
Top speed auto mini full left.
Then final gear again to minimum full left 100 kmh
Then set all individual gears starting from last 5th gear then 4th , 3th , 2d ,1st gear.
View attachment 1204405View attachment 1204406

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
And after the rain stops, you can put the top down to enjoy the scenery. :-)

Slightly off topic from the tuning but wanted to share my experience from upgrading my rig the other day for anyone who's looking for ways to improve their PBs with these amazing tunes.

I have been running on a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand Lite using a dining room chair and the rig right up against a floating 55inch TV. Not bad, but the feel just wasn't quite right, the breaking leg in particular sitting at a slightly awkward position because of the central support column on the stand. A pretty sturdy setup but the seat and wheel disconnected, positioning not like a real car and a bit too much flex overall.

I have been running this for many months now and have been finding it hard to break through my PBs and improve my driving any further. I was always just a little off from taking the right lines and breaking effectively for many corners. Relying maybe more of brute power, thrashing and arcade like playing rather than super clean lines and breaking.

I decided to upgrade and picked up a Playseat Trophy (acknowledging some of its drawbacks in speed to adjust etc) and initial impressions are amazing! It has provided an instantaneous improvement to feel and performance on the track. I feel more in control of the car and better able to regulate breaking and more precise turning.

So far a few quick tests with some of my fave car and track combo's and already recorded new PBs of
1:32 - 3 seconds faster in the 919 Hvbrid '16 at Daytona,
1:41 - 2 seconds faster in the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 at Watkins Glen and,
1:45 - 5 seconds faster in the 918 Spyder '13 at Trial Mountain.

I guess the point being, if you're using a wheel/pedals it's probably a good idea to look at your rig in terms of stability and geometry to make sure you're getting the best out of your own capability.

Praiano, I am customizing the Beat currently but for some reason it will not allow me to edit the Front downforce. It is stuck at 0 and greyed out, so I can only edit the rear downforce.

My car has the correct wing since I am using your livery. Any idea what could be causing this? I haven't encountered this behavior before.

Last edited:
Praiano, I am customizing the Beat currently but for some reason it will not allow me to edit the Front downforce. It is stuck at 0 and greyed out, so I can only edit the rear downforce.

My car has the correct wing since I am using your livery. Any idea what could be causing this? I haven't encountered this behavior before.
Need to go back to GT Auto and add the front part

I'm on the Lancia Stratos actually at 600PP. This is my favorite car in the game .
I was in love when kid with this rally car in the mid 70' winning the World Rally Championship 1974' , 75' & 76'
I've found a very sharp & safe setting for Tokyo or anywhere else . In my opinion the best pilot car in the game.
I've put a wide kit and rear custom wing that change the car totally. Soon.... tomorrow.

Slightly off topic from the tuning but wanted to share my experience from upgrading my rig the other day for anyone who's looking for ways to improve their PBs with these amazing tunes.

I have been running on a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand Lite using a dining room chair and the rig right up against a floating 55inch TV. Not bad, but the feel just wasn't quite right, the breaking leg in particular sitting at a slightly awkward position because of the central support column on the stand. A pretty sturdy setup but the seat and wheel disconnected, positioning not like a real car and a bit too much flex overall.

I have been running this for many months now and have been finding it hard to break through my PBs and improve my driving any further. I was always just a little off from taking the right lines and breaking effectively for many corners. Relying maybe more of brute power, thrashing and arcade like playing rather than super clean lines and breaking.

I decided to upgrade and picked up a Playseat Trophy (acknowledging some of its drawbacks in speed to adjust etc) and initial impressions are amazing! It has provided an instantaneous improvement to feel and performance on the track. I feel more in control of the car and better able to regulate breaking and more precise turning.

So far a few quick tests with some of my fave car and track combo's and already recorded new PBs of
1:32 - 3 seconds faster in the 919 Hvbrid '16 at Daytona,
1:41 - 2 seconds faster in the McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 at Watkins Glen and,
1:45 - 5 seconds faster in the 918 Spyder '13 at Trial Mountain.

I guess the point being, if you're using a wheel/pedals it's probably a good idea to look at your rig in terms of stability and geometry to make sure you're getting the best out of your own capability.
This is my rig when new , 12 years ago. Now , the seat is broken , i'm using a chair from my kitchen. I want to buy a Puff to turn the rig more comfortable. I'm sure it could be the best option.
puff.jpg
My pedals of my G29 are modified. I don't use clutch , never , so i put the brake pedal instead on the left.

220834_1629528428553_3678760_o.jpg

A PP bug on this car let it than more 500HP , of course extremely fast anywhere , under the 1mn on Tsukuba , 7:05 on Nordschleife , perfect for Tokyo also , just take care for the huge power peak at high RPM for 1st and 2d gear.
I had also a 45/55 wheight repartition tune but it was a bit too more extreme . This one is drivable and fast , with still a good eagerness and a good front grip.

Wide Body
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

Then set all individual gears starting from last 5th gear then 4th , 3th , 2d ,1st gear.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Just tried it in Tokyo 600pp with inter for 5 laps ans Hard for 7. Win by 40 seconds. Great tuning ( again!!!) Praiano.👍

Wide Body
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Seriously fast on Tokyo wet, had to 3 stop though on the soft. First stint got me beyond lap 6 but after learning the first corner breaking point I couldn't get another 6 laps out of the SS despite carrying a lower fuel load. Pd need to reinstate the 5 second penalty for wall contact and I need to swap the SS for SM's! 2.04.9 best lap with plenty of room for improvement

Last edited:
The livery adds, what the livery has. So if it uses front parts then it is added. If not, then you need to change that. :)

@praiano63
i like your board :D
When you "load style" it will add any wheels, paint, aero etc. That were installed when it was shared.

If the livery is made before, and then you tune and require additional aero, you can "create from current style", and save a copy in your list.

Even if it "cannot be edited", you can save the style with additional aero, or different wheels etc, so you dont have to go searching the load style pages because you forgot to bookmark the cool one you found on pg 37🤣🫠

Because some times, you want a different color wheel right?!

35 years ago , i was using a 5"10 twin fins. The pic above 12 years ago was a 6"4 tri fins

Now as an almost geezer beachboy (60 in 3 monthes) , i use a 6"7 mono fin 2+1 surfboard. Here it is. :lol: :cheers: ;)
View attachment 1204555

View attachment 1204557
it's funny because I just came back from a longboard competition that took place in Biarritz, right next to my house.

Lancia Stratos '73 - 600PP - Sport Soft tires - Tokyo/All Tracks- 1.25
The road car that i love the most , since i was kid seeing Rally world champion "Bernard Darniche" winning everything with the Stratos.
It look like an animal , a shark , a blade ....
This 1.25 update bring a new tune with a wide body , larger tires and offset wide. The car is not extremely fast for Tokyo but the front grip is +++ and very easy to drive. SHARP is the word extremely SHARP.
On Suzuka it's 2:10 , 2 seconds faster of my 2d faster car. A real pleasure.
Again my best car , the one i enjoy the most any track.
l1.jpg

I did it basing me on the Lambo Diablo livery. It's on share on my profile.
I did a performant tune yesterday but it's hard to drive , more than 500HP on 1000kg car , on a weird suspension and very weaks brakes. A top of this a very peaky engine with the power coming all together. :lol: 😲 Not so easy to manage.
I'll try to find a way till tonight , if i'll not be able to find a cure , i'll publish the car the way it is now.
I tried the Honda Beat with R type engine swap at WTC700. The car, without Turbo is fast enough but the gas tank is too small to go more than 2.5 laps running FM5 and 6. I never tried the turbo version but....it sure handles nicely!
Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
Hey @praiano63 and others, currintly tunnig the 787B (current in shop) to Sardegna. This is, for me at least, the most quick and nice car to drive there. I know you can make it faster with Escudo, but that feels like cheating to me..
Current best time is 24,40 with 1 stop at 7, fastest lap low 1,34 with average of 1,36
I'm noob at tunning. Looking for tips to improve.

With most of these Group C card, they tend to understeer a lot.
For that I lowered the front and increase the front dampers ratios because there's less space for the suspension to work with.
I also hardened the rear anti-roll bars.

I choose to not use the Top gearbox, so I can put more power on the engine. I can do that because this car is very fuel efficient.
Without this top gearbox, the changes are kind slow so I changed the ratios so I don't need the 5 gear (changing gear neat 300 to 5 cause the car to lose to much for my taste)

I'm noob with tuning, looking for tips!

FgU1qVJXoAEEZcG.jpeg

FgU1qINWIAACszD.jpeg

This is my rig when new , 12 years ago. Now , the seat is broken , i'm using a chair from my kitchen. I want to buy a Puff to turn the rig more comfortable. I'm sure it could be the best option.
View attachment 1204435
My pedals of my G29 are modified. I don't use clutch , never , so i put the brake pedal instead on the left.

View attachment 1204434
Great idea on the pedal swap. I might give that a try too, thanks for the tip!

Hey @praiano63 and others, currintly tunnig the 787B (current in shop) to Sardegna. This is, for me at least, the most quick and nice car to drive there. I know you can make it faster with Escudo, but that feels like cheating to me..
Current best time is 24,40 with 1 stop at 7, fastest lap low 1,34 with average of 1,36
I'm noob at tunning. Looking for tips to improve.

With most of these Group C card, they tend to understeer a lot.
For that I lowered the front and increase the front dampers ratios because there's less space for the suspension to work with.
I also hardened the rear anti-roll bars.

I choose to not use the Top gearbox, so I can put more power on the engine. I can do that because this car is very fuel efficient.
Without this top gearbox, the changes are kind slow so I changed the ratios so I don't need the 5 gear (changing gear neat 300 to 5 cause the car to lose to much for my taste)

I'm noob with tuning, looking for tips!

View attachment 1204587

View attachment 1204588
Nice settings 👍. Not much to change. Safe car, stable,fast and grippy.

Back