PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,889 comments
Toyota Supra RZ '97 - 600 PP - Sport tires - All around

This car is a legend across all GT game. Some others cars in the game are more performant in same PP , but it drive very well , steady , with a very good eagerness , good front grip . A pleasure to pilot.
You can run softer compound for turny grip tracks , harder tires to benefit power and PP on faster circuit.

-Wide body

Rims 17"
Width Wide
Offset Wide

-Custom parts
-Front B
-Side A
-Rear B : don't miss this rear diffuser !!
-Wing B

View attachment 1127466
View attachment 1127243View attachment 1127244

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I just discovered this forum and I thought it would be cool to try some tuning, so I just tried the Toyota Supra RZ '97 - 600 PP - Sport tires - All around setup, but I don't get the same values as you in the pictures.

Anyone have an idea? Am I looking with my nose and am I completely overlooking something? (It was a long, tiring working day :+ )

Attachments

• 2EE86558-420B-4815-8986-B6EA790F5A03.jpeg
    2EE86558-420B-4815-8986-B6EA790F5A03.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 432
  • 01E659B3-49AA-4F51-B230-40FE8D1EF8D8.jpeg
    01E659B3-49AA-4F51-B230-40FE8D1EF8D8.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 376
Citroen Race Car GR3 - 730 PP - Racing Hard Tires - All around
Very good grip , easy , even under rain (800 event fuji was ok for it) Better top speed than originals settings .

Lot people asking for gears setting. Here is one made for SPA.
View attachment 1133294
View attachment 1132908

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hey Praiano. I regret to inform you that there seems to be a turd in the punch bowl. There is someone on YouTube posting literally IDENTICAL copies of your tunes. See attached pictures. I've seen this one and I believe your Audi R8 GR3 is on there as well, could be more.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-011536_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-011536_YouTube.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_20220414-011659_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-011659_YouTube.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 154
@praiano63 Help. Desperately need some help with my favourite car the Shelby Cobra which just showed up in the Legends Showroom.

Its the usual Cobra thing and experiencing the GT7 oversteer and nervousness off throttle flicking the car all over the place. I haven’t made any power upgrades yet. Equipped Fully Adjustable LSD and suspension and have played with it a bit but whatever I have tried isn’t working so far. I’m trying to get the LSD settings first without touching the suspension. You may not have this car yet but a bit of advice would be appreciated.

Hey Praiano. I regret to inform you that there seems to be a turd in the punch bowl. There is someone on YouTube posting literally IDENTICAL copies of your tunes. See attached pictures. I've seen this one and I believe your Audi R8 GR3 is on there as well, could be more.
need actual link its not showing me, its ok im in 👍🏻

Last edited:
Yes , also a facebook page HERE It seems they are a lot of my cars here , i don't mind but he have to put a link of the original one. Not fair.
Here is his youtube link from.
GT7 Gran Turismo 7 Car Tuning Setups 2022 Tunes
CINE-OSCAR-WILLSMITH.jpg

@praiano63 Help. Desperately need some help with my favourite car the Shelby Cobra which just showed up in the Legends Showroom.

Its the usual Cobra thing and experiencing the GT7 oversteer and nervousness off throttle flicking the car all over the place. I haven’t made any power upgrades yet. Equipped Fully Adjustable LSD and suspension and have played with it a bit but whatever I have tried isn’t working so far. I’m trying to get the LSD settings first without touching the suspension. You may not have this car yet but a bit of advice would be appreciated.
Hi , you're right i don't have the car yet , this is not an easy task. There is no 100% recipe to cure it.
You can play with inicial torque LSD
Rear springs and compression
Rear ARB
Rear camber and front negative TOE settings. Need to test a combination and check the way the answer ... Good luck

RE Amemiya FD3S RX-7 - 550PP & 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All around
One of my difficult task during the process setting. The original car had a very weird torque curve , increasing the body rigidity was extremely importante , the car is very fast any PP , excelent driving line and eagerness. One more car's save. Mission accomplished !

EXTREME IMPORTANT:
SHIFT AT 7000 RPM , JUST AT THE BEGINNING OF RPM BAR . AFTER ,THE POWER PEAK DROP TOTALLY

Unique Gearbox settings for both cars.
View attachment 1136850

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Thanks for that tune!!!
Used this for the 1h endurance mission and it is so much fun.
what impressed me the most is the stability under braking. it feels like no matter what I do, that car sticks to the road. really impressive. very nice work here!!!

Ferrari F12 Berlinetta '12 - 600 PP - Sport hard Tires - All around
Top 600PP any track . Excelent front grip , downshift in a higher RPM to reach the apex if need or if you're late on your brakes , the car will go there for you.

NO Wide body
Rims 20" / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part A
Side A
Rear Wing : Custom.

Hi @Praiano, I have some questions about this tune and also more general questions about tuning. I think the answers will help everyone. Your expertise would be very useful!

Before I saw this Berlinetta tune, I had already installed a lot of the tuning upgrades that cannot be removed (Bore up, Engine balance tuning, Polish ports etc), and weight reductions that cannot be removed. Therefore my PP is higher than yours even when I turn the power restrictor to the lowest setting (70).

The only option for me to reduce the PP to 599, is to add ballast.

Here are my questions:

Q1. For this Berlinetta tune specifically, is adding ballast ok? Is there a recommended positioning I should put the ballast, to avoid messing the car balance?

Q2. In general for your tunes, if I have already installed tuning parts that cannot be removed or done weight reductions that cannot be reversed, is it ok to simply use the ECU, Power Restrictor and Ballast to reduce the PP to meet your PP? Or can this also mess up the performance and handling of the car?

Q3. Is the best option to buy the car again and only install the upgrades necessary for your tune?

if these cars are your own liverys then put a identifying mark on so they cant be copied for the tune settings
No identification perhaps some fews more:

The Lancia Stratos
Ferrari Daytona (Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71)
Nissan 180 SX
Mazda RX7 GTX '90 (i think not so sure )
Audi Sport Quattro S1 '87
Audi R8 4.2 '07
Ford Shelby GT350-R '16
Lamborghini Diablo GT '00
Lamborghini Hurácan LP610-4 '15
Maserati Gran Turismo '08
Nissan R33 GT-R V-Spec '97
Porsche 911 Carrera RS (964) '92
Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09
Subaru Impreza 22B STI '98
Toyota Supra RZ '97
Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 '19

Q1. For this Berlinetta tune specifically, is adding ballast ok? Is there a recommended positioning I should put the ballast, to avoid messing the car balance?

Q2. In general for your tunes, if I have already installed tuning parts that cannot be removed or done weight reductions that cannot be reversed, is it ok to simply use the ECU, Power Restrictor and Ballast to reduce the PP to meet your PP? Or can this also mess up the performance and handling of the car?

Q3. Is the best option to buy the car again and only install the upgrades necessary for your tune?
Very good question :lol::lol: ( I've learnt looking poltics blablabla )

Q1: Right , if you need to add ballast to coompense few PP excess , only in position 0 neutral. If the car already a ballast in the right position , check the weight repartition to fit in the range.

Q2:And i build a car , i have to explore all the possibilities , so i test the max power option , i don't like , so i have to another option with lower weight/power range. I can't buy another car for this.

Q3: If the player that want to buy this car to apply this setting , he don't need to buy all those parts or modifications. Just enough to build the special car.

Very good question :lol::lol: ( I've learnt looking poltics blablabla )

Q1: Right , if you need to add ballast to coompense few PP excess , only in position 0 neutral. If the car already a ballast in the right position , check the weight repartition to fit in the range.

Q2:And i build a car , i have to explore all the possibilities , so i test the max power option , i don't like , so i have to another option with lower weight/power range. I can't buy another car for this.

Q3: If the player that want to buy this car to apply this setting , he don't need to buy all those parts or modifications. Just enough to build the special car.
Thanks for the answer, mate!

Can you clarify the answer to Q2 a bit more. I don't understand what you mean...

I give you a simple example.

• Praiano tune has 599 PP and includes Racing Muffler, Racing brakes, Racing air cleaner, Racing manifold.
  • Customx tune has 599 PP, but I do not have these Racing parts, but I have Bore Up, Engine Balance Tuning, Polish Ports, Racing crank shaft, High compression pistons

Both cars 599 PP.

Will performance and handling be same?

I guess the more general question I'm asking is whether the engine upgrades can be reduced to pure numbers or whether each item has a qualitative as well as quantitative impact on the car's performance, handling and driveability?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm getting a lot of help with your setup. Thank you.
I have a question.
What do you think Ferrari cars have over other cars?
I'm thinking about how to use the Ferrari car better.
I just want to hear your thoughts

Thanks for this setup. Not only it made the race easier but also, and especially, much more enjoyable. This setup is a dream to drive.

Big 👍
Any tips. I just struggle to catch Kakobun. Keep finishing second.
Fuel management?
Changing to the W and IW tyres?

Last edited:
Hi, I'm getting a lot of help with your setup. Thank you.
I have a question.
What do you think Ferrari cars have over other cars?
I'm thinking about how to use the Ferrari car better.
I just want to hear your thoughts
What i'm thinking about Ferrari ?
Red , fast , great sound , nasty , to expensive for me in real life.
In GT7 they have poorly original tuned , a lot of them are undrivable , a real shame for the brand. For example , Mercedes cars are almost perfect out of the box in GT7. I think they ask to test all the cars before giving OK to publish all. If yes , bravo for mercedes.

Any tips. I just struggle to catch Kakobun. Keep finishing second.
Fuel management?
Changing to the W and IW tyres?
Idk. I ran most of my laps on 0:59 and even 2:00 while dry and then adapted to the conditions that I think are random.

My race was 1st on softs, 1 stop full tank and softs, had to stop 3 laps after that for IM and didn’t fuel, then stopped for wet tyres and fuel (I think), stopped again for softs once the track dried.

I did it on hard so try changing to hard if you’re on easy. I got the fastest lap so no one was doing those 0:57 crazy laps.

Edit: didn’t do any fuel management.

Last edited:
Hey Praiano, I think I understand the reason for the shortage but any chance you can give 800PP a bit more love? I love the World Cup 5 race thing at menu 39 and there are a few other 800s dotted about.

Keep up the great work.

Alpine A110 Group 4 '72- 500 PP - Sport hard front & sport medium Tires at rear - All around

Undrivable , i did a setup for me to use this wonderfull car. Perfect to race brands hatch 500PP or 550PP event.

Rims 13" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

What a pleasure driving with this setup on the pre'79 1hr Endurance in Alsace!!! I tried several stock cars before and it was pain to maintain them under control... First try with this setup, with ComfortMedium on front and ComfortSoft on the rear, only one stop at almost the 30' mark, not changing tyres just full refuel. Easy win with +40s ahead and 3/4 of the race focused on clean laps in the 1:31-1:32 without risks, fastest lap was a 1:29.5 on first quarter of the race.

Thanks a ton!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220414_154217.jpg
    IMG_20220414_154217.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 22
I think we can do something.

all of us .. we can post a comment under every video, with Praiano tunes (forum or YouTube or both) + dislike.

I’m just afraid that this action could push up his channel in the YouTube research..

Last edited:
Thanks
Idk. I ran most of my laps on 0:59 and even 2:00 while dry and then adapted to the conditions that I think are random.

My race was 1st on softs, 1 stop full tank and softs, had to stop 3 laps after that for IM and didn’t fuel, then stopped for wet tyres and fuel (I think), stopped again for softs once the track dried.

I did it on hard so try changing to hard if you’re on easy. I got the fastest lap so no one was doing those 0:57 crazy laps.

Edit: didn’t do any fuel management.
Thanks. I’ll give it a go when I get another spare hour. Frustrating spending an hour on it and not getting paid. @praiano63 setup is solid so it’s just my race management.

What an utter nubbin. Clear mental issues. He likes his own FB posts (the only like on those posts!). I was tempted to write something telliung him what I think of him but he will only delete whatever I write.
If he is liking his own posts there is nothing we can do. He is already lost xD xD xD

Last edited:
Nissan R33 GT-R V-Spec '97 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All around
This is a special car in GT7 , till now i don't know any other with those behaviors. Perhaps the Yaris but his brakes are really broken.
The R33 have a few similarity with the Yaris because the brakes are bringing the whole car to the apex , not dosing the pressure , you can upset the car if too much pressure or late on the brakes (but the brake's Yaris are broken) . Well done , you will use this normally after some laps , bringing back the front of the car to his driving line to reach the apex , you're the boss. Fantastic sensation , really great. Both 600PP and 700PP are this way. For the 700PP with so much power and Sport tires , You'll the king of the drifters if you want to. Even me , the worst drifter of the univers.
Accelerate , bring inside the line with a soft brake input. A fantastic game to play for racing too . I'm in love with this car. Mission complished ;):dopey:.
PS: About performances , Number 1 for 700PP , top 3 for 600PP

Wide Body

Rims 17" Rim Width Wide Offset Wide

Front A Side A Rear B Wing A
This thing is butter! Beautifully built.

I think we can do something.

all of us .. we can post a comment under every video, with Praiano tunes (forum or YouTube or both) + dislike.

I’m just afraid that this action could push up his channel in the YouTube research..
It's ok , no need to do anything. I've send a message that he deleted , saying if it was ok to share my settings the way he want , but he had to give me any origin for this , just saying where this setting coming from... but he became agressive , sure he's a problematic person. Need to let him alone with his own conscience . No problem for me.

Back