PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,840 comments
Good evening Praiano! I have a quick question :D

What Gr.3 car/tune would you reccomend for Trial Mountain and Deep Forest Raceway? I regularly use the Lexus, but it's not the fastest in these tracks. Excluding Audi, Lambo and Alfa because they are too much for me to master at the moment :scared:

Thank you in advance!!
Before 1.13 update all the MR cars and FR cars were difficult to master because differents reasons.

MR were difficult to master because the unstability of rear end , passing over the grip easy mainly during fast changes of direction. It's still the case .

FR had problem losing traction out slow and medium turns. The 1.13 cure this problem and FR are dominant now. Easy to master , fast anywhere. Forgiving a lot of driving mistakes.....

So till we don't have 1.14 update to fix MR cars , we will had to race GR3 FR cars to have fun with a chance to stay in the top places.

For open settings race , i have a lot of MR that can be driven fast and safely. Even my Ferrari GT3.
So here the easy ones i like to drive (Only open settings allowed)
MR
McLaren 650S GT3 S - 730 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox)
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All around - Gears for SPA
Renault RS.01 GT3 '16 - 730PP - Racing Hard tires - All around settings
very easy and fast
FR
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around setting extreme stable.
Dodge Viper SRT GT3 R '15 - 730 PP or MAXED - Racing hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox) excelent car
BMW Z4 GT3 '11 - 730 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox) very fast and safe.

The best way is to test all of them , just half lap on a track you know very well.

For originals fixed settings , i love my last FIA car , the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 2011. The Corvette too , still take care with the acceleration out corner.

@praiano63 Thank you for the time and effort on this guides and the knowledge you share with us! Even tho i play since gt1 i have "found" gtplanet and you not long ago.
I have used already a few builds for some pepper runs but im struggling to find the right one for Spa 60min. Whats your advice?
Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!
Try https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-tunes-settings-for-gt7.404868/page-23#post-13660798 (Hurucan gt3) it worked for me with hard tyres and running lean

Before 1.13 update all the MR cars and FR cars were difficult to master because differents reasons.

MR were difficult to master because the unstability of rear end , passing over the grip easy mainly during fast changes of direction. It's still the case .

FR had problem losing traction out slow and medium turns. The 1.13 cure this problem and FR are dominant now. Easy to master , fast anywhere. Forgiving a lot of driving mistakes.....

So till we don't have 1.14 update to fix MR cars , we will had to race GR3 FR cars to have fun with a chance to stay in the top places.

For open settings race , i have a lot of MR that can be driven fast and safely. Even my Ferrari GT3.
So here the easy ones i like to drive (Only open settings allowed)
MR
McLaren 650S GT3 S - 730 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox)
McLaren F1 GTR - BMW '95 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All around - Gears for SPA
Renault RS.01 GT3 '16 - 730PP - Racing Hard tires - All around settings
very easy and fast
FR
Subaru BRZ GT300 '21 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around setting extreme stable.
Dodge Viper SRT GT3 R '15 - 730 PP or MAXED - Racing hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox) excelent car
BMW Z4 GT3 '11 - 730 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (SPA Gearbox) very fast and safe.

The best way is to test all of them , just half lap on a track you know very well.

For originals fixed settings , i love my last FIA car , the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 2011. The Corvette too , still take care with the acceleration out corner.
@ praiano63 Have you tried the Jaguar Gr.3 car? You might enjoy tuning it. It’s a joy to drive with minor tweaks to the suspension and differential. It’s fast and has a lot of grip. It’s not as good as the DB9 Aston Martin Gr.3, but it’s in the ballpark. I bought the Gr.3 Supra too. Same deal, except it’s not quite fast enough to win at Daytona in 730pp form. Amazing grip though. I have yet to try it in any 800pp races.

@ praiano63 Have you tried the Jaguar Gr.3 car? You might enjoy tuning it. It’s a joy to drive with minor tweaks to the suspension and differential. It’s fast and has a lot of grip. It’s not as good as the DB9 Aston Martin Gr.3, but it’s in the ballpark. I bought the Gr.3 Supra too. Same deal, except it’s not quite fast enough to win at Daytona in 730pp form. Amazing grip though. I have yet to try it in any 800pp races.
This is why those almost perfect cars can wait their turn . I'll do them both later. Talking about challenge , i'm trying to let drivable at fast safe pace the GR3 Genesis and Ford new model. This is not a easy task.

This is why those almost perfect cars can wait their turn . I'll do them both later. Talking about challenge , i'm trying to let drivable at fast safe pace the GR3 Genesis and Ford new model. This is not a easy task.
I get that, I just really want to see what you can do with the Aston. Haha. No worries though. I really appreciate what you do. Especially, now that I’m halfway learning how to tune cars and eek out whatever I can from 700 and 730pp tunes. It’s so time consuming. Maybe your methods are different, but it’s very time consuming because I can’t just change several things at once because I could have one or two things right and other things wrong and not know the difference. It really seems like every car reacts differently. I spend so much time playing with tiny incremental changes to aero and suspension tuning. I’ve also learned how much differential tuning changes the car’s behavior.

Long story short, I’ve learned a lot from you and now I appreciate how much time it takes to get it right. Especially, when limited to PP. I pretty much only tune Gr.3 cars, but it’s time consuming with any of them.

Last edited:
This is not a tune , but i went to Tokyo making some money tonight ,
Lamborghini Muerciélago LP640 '09 // Sport medium tires // Power limiter // Brake balance controler (optional) at -3 That's all.
This car this way lap 2:11 regular with 2 laps 2:10 Excelent to drive , 2 battles with GTR and NSX , lot of fun.

FRtj43LWUAAeBCs.jpg

Ford GT Race Car '18 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around setting
I've spent a long month on this car. This is a compromise between top speed and grip , together with a better sane driving line.

f1.jpg
f2.jpg

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.388 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

f3.jpg
f4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Ford GT Race Car '18 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around setting
I've spent a long month on this car. This is a compromise between top speed and grip , together with a better sane driving line.

View attachment 1145209View attachment 1145210

2-set the final gear to 2.388 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1145211View attachment 1145212

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Wow, a little trouble decelerating?

Nissan GTR '17- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rain
Another top car for this amazing race against AI. Now you will have to fight against the NSX at least the first 5 laps. Then he pit and you'll have to control it from 10 seconds ahead of it. Then he pit again lap 10 .... Where is Sophie please !!!

Wide Body

Rims 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front Standard - Side A - NO REAR DIFFUSER - Wing CUSTOM

View attachment 1142376View attachment 1142377View attachment 1142381

2-set the final gear to 2.315 .
Done.

View attachment 1142382View attachment 1142383

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Set my fastest race time with this guy…… but.

I just didn’t enjoy my race. Too much understeer for my liking. Had to change my lines a lot, and I missed the feeling of joy through the fast corners with a little oversteer.

Great tune if you want to grind, but there’s more fun options (any of Laurent’s 600pp cars) that only add an additional 30-40 seconds to your grind time.

Top work again sir.

Last edited:
Suzuki Cappuccini '91 - 400PP - Comfort soft tires - Human Comedy Mission
This is a bush vehicule , if somebody ask about the ridiculous ride height , here is the reason . ;):lol::confused:

I use a low RPM Turbo. Shift at 7000 RPM. If you use Auto transmission , it's now that you have to change your way to play. Auto Trans = no race with this car.

NO Wide Body

Rims 14" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front B - Side B - Rear Standard - Wing A

View attachment 1142994View attachment 1142995

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 5.042 .
Done.

View attachment 1142996View attachment 1142997

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Any chance of a Automatic gearbox set up please 400pp etc for Kei car endurance race. As I can't drive manual at all. I did try just couldn't change gear at the right time. Prefer Automatic to manual. Thank you it advance

Why this ? LSD decell Value ?? Sure . But it work.;)
Any chance of a Automatic gearbox set up please 400pp etc for Kei car endurance race. As I can't drive manual at all. I did try just couldn't change gear at the right time. Prefer Automatic to manual. Thank you it advance
I need to check with a high RPM turbo . I'll check soon.

This night , my old cat wanted to go out and call me to open the door. I didn't listen his desesperated MIAOOOOOO .
As a revenge , he pull down the monitor that was tight over my wheel. 100% lost.
I have to look for a TV today.:ouch::ouch:
d2309f6d-1028-456e-8538-1b8d9fbec005.jpg

My wife wants to see a picture of your cat now @praiano63. Please post one!
Here is she with the box of the new tv. Pose😁 she is an old 15 years old crazy siamens. I love her.
The dog also know how to break things . His tail is his dangerous weapon to slam everything. ❤️😄😇

Attachments

• IMG_20220502_104804.jpg
    IMG_20220502_104804.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220502_104740.jpg
    IMG_20220502_104740.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20220502_105556.jpg
    IMG_20220502_105556.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 47
Please make sure you secure the new TV well.

Can I ask what settings you are using on your Logitech G29? Controller Steering Sensitivity, Force Feedback Max Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity.

I purchased a G29 but I don't like driving with it, I feel like I wasted my money. My old G27 for the PS3 felt so much better, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Why this ? LSD decell Value ?? Sure . But it work.;)
And the -5 on the brake controller - no rear brakes. ;)

When I look at your tunes when you have a difficult car, I try to figure out just from the numbers where the problem was. The suspension looks normal, but the LSD and brake controller are very different. I am still learning, so today I will try the car with lower LSD settings and start raising them to 15/50/50 and see how it affects the car. :cheers:

Sorry to hear about the tv, but I know you were saving for a new one. I hope the new one has a sturdy stand. :)

And the -5 on the brake controller - no rear brakes.
Yes , -5 only to make equal wear rear and front tires.
I have a question with recent patch what do you think it's the best Gr. 4 car with the open setting race in your opinion
Nothing change after 1.13 talking about balance. Only acceleration and physics the way high power/torque cars pass the grip on the ground. SO for GR4 , most of alls don't have this kind of problem.
The ones i prefer are
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo Final GR4 - 630PP or max - Racing Hard tires - All around
Genesis G70 GR4- 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - Nurburgring GP Seasonal - SPA Gearbox
Toyota Supra GR Race Car '19 GR4- 630 PP - Racing tires - All around

Please make sure you secure the new TV well.

Can I ask what settings you are using on your Logitech G29? Controller Steering Sensitivity, Force Feedback Max Torque and Force Feedback Sensitivity.

I purchased a G29 but I don't like driving with it, I feel like I wasted my money. My old G27 for the PS3 felt so much better, not sure what I am doing wrong.
I play with 5 - 8
G29 have a very poor feedback , but it's better than no wheel at all.:lol: and it's very strong. Cat proof.

Would you consider doing a tune for the Plymouth Superbird? I've tried everything I can think of to rein in its tendency to spin out on any turn, but, I just cannot tame the car myself. I was hoping maybe you'd have better luck.

Last edited:
Would you consider doing a tune for the Plymouth Superbird? I've tried everything I can think of to rein in its tendency to spin out on any turn, but, I just cannot tame the car myself. I was hoping maybe you'd have better luck.
First i'll have to buy it. Last time it was in the used market place , i didn't bought it. Next time.

What is the reason people want someone else to tell them how to set up their cars? Do people think it's too hard? (It's really very easy and well explained in the manuals) Do people think it's boring and something that probably shouldn't be forced in the game, and left as an optional feature that could be turned on or off? I ask because I like it and find it very easy to dial in a car for a particular track and conditions but my wife hates it and wishes it wasn't in the game so he has me set up her cars for her. Is that the way people ask you to do their game for them?

Back