PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,835 comments
Hi Priano

I am loving your 997 700pp tune in the 700pp races and am enjoying racing those pesky Gr.4s!

I really want my R34 to own the 700pp races too. Your 600pp tune for it is a joy, but I wondered if there was some way I could get more from her with 700pp RH than your existing tune.

If you have the time and inclination, would love to see how you refine the wonderful tune for 600pp SH/SM for 700 worth of slicks.

If people ask for settings , i think there is 2 main reasons.

-People like and know how to set a car but don't want to lose time doing this , they have only a very few time to play and they prefer to drive only.
-People don't like and / or don't know how to set a car , so they look for a tune to use and have fun with it.

Personally , i prefer to set cars than racing. For me in a game in the game. I have fun with this and my cars can bring fun to peoples who don't have time or don't know how to do.
Also a lot of people are doing this very well but don't share their cars with others.

SImple , Easy.
This makes sense. Maybe the game should make tuning at ups optional for people with less time to devour to the game and have it as an option for those that want to play that game inside the game. There are already some "professionally tuned" cars in the game so it would be easy to compliment that for all the cars.
I did take a look at some of the setups you showed here but I got different end n numbers for several of them using the same inputs you did. My setups are sometimes close to what you did but other times they are a completely different approach that still give a solid victory every time I run.
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer even if some people didn't like hearing the question.💩
Have fun and keep on wrenching. 🛠️

TOO BAD FOR YOU
Not at all. I don't mind helping out my wife anytime with anything. It's really very nice. Thank you though.

P.S. If possible could someone add this post to my post above please? It isn't possible for me to do it here.

Last edited:
You got beat by someone with a praiano tune sticker didnt you...?

Nvm, believe they were made a day later-

Honda Beat '91 - 400PP - Comfort Soft Tires - Human comedy mission race

Rims size 13" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

25laps , pit every 7 laps for gas and tires. Lap 2:20 with fresh tires 1 lap , decrease to 2:25 lap 7 at safe racing pace.

I've put manual transmission and no racing brakes or pads , to save some PP. Friends that use Auto trans can use it , Just shift at the limit of RPM.

I know the car is very high over the tarmac , no problem , it's not a ground effect car at all , if somebody don't like the look , just don't look at it , use bumper cam. Or buy a JEEP .:lol::lol::scared:

View attachment 1146313View attachment 1146314

To build the racing fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 100 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 5.714

View attachment 1146315View attachment 1146316View attachment 1146317

It seems i'm second place at 25 laps with the Honda Beat , and 4th place after others cars between my very fast friends.

View attachment 1146318

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Hi Praiano63,
Can you please let me know wide body yes or no? Thanks.

Not at all. I don't mind helping out my wife anytime with anything. It's really very nice. Thank you though.

P.S. If possible could someone add this post to my post above please? It isn't possible for me to do iTh

P.S. If possible could someone add this post to my post above please? It isn't possible for me to do it here.
Thanks

I got the 787B not long ago, but let it sit on the shelf for a while. I was looking for a car for the 1 hour Spa race for 1 million credits. I tried the Viper SRT10 but with a supercharger it consumed too much fuel. I tried a detune on the Tommy X but when it rained, it would not let me change tires! WOW, spent a lap just gliding off the corners on RH like there was ice under the standing water! Out into the wild blue yonder. Thank goodness for the fences?!? With the Tomahawk, if you can struggle up past 75 mph, then the aero pushes the car down and squeezes out all the water, no more aquaplaning. I dunno how realistic this is??
I got the idea to try the Mazda, but I had to drop the power down to 320 HP?!?! Yikes, but wait, it is very light. So I detuned it and was able to access all the tires and off I went.
Guess what? This car does not consume any fuel at these reduced settings, and I could have done the whole hour on ONE TANK!! Fuel map at ONE! The top end is around 170 mph, but that seems to be all that is needed. I did not reduce the aero on either front or back end.
Anyway, I had pulled into first before the rain and then pitted for Intermediates and took a bit more fuel anyway. I came out of the pits back at 6th place and was easily back into first for the rest of the hour. The 787 is great in the rain. Needless to say, this makes the race more fun than the Tomahawk, and you get to hear that 787, four rotor music!
Cheers Pete

Maybe the game should make tuning at ups optional for people with less time
A big % is this way , not even optional but mandatory. FIA events for example , they are a big part of GT7 , not so big now because they have to set a lot of cars to match and race together.
There are already some "professionally tuned"
A lot of them are totally crap and this is a shame. Tuner cars in real life who have cars in GT7 , trusted some part bad polyphony digital team ... they did some horrible builds in the game.
Also you have some manufacturer are very well represented , like Meercedes AMG , all their cars have a very solid setting. Some almost perfect like AMG GT Black Series 2020
I can't understand how this people are spending monthes building a perfect digital representation of a car , amazing job really , but at the end they are trashing all their work puting a horrible setting on it . Sometime even a totally broken undrivable car.
other times they are a completely different approach that still give a solid victory every time I run.
Most of my cars are tuned to be pleasant to drive , easy , with a good performant for any kind of level.
When i build a car for an event or time attack or something , this is a totally different approach.
Anyways, thanks for taking the time to answer even if some people didn't like hearing the question
It's always a pleasure , also writing is the best therapy for me after the stroke that left to me some aphasia only as a sequel.

Have a good night.

Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - 700 PP - Sport soft or Racing Tires - All around

New settings Update 27/04/2022

No more ballast , faster car now for 700PP tuned with Sport Soft tires , support easy Racing Tires. Tested for All Tracks.

Rims 19" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

WIDE BODY ON.
Front A
Side A
Rear A
Wing A

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.360 .
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.
View attachment 1143509

View attachment 1143510

View attachment 1121876

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Do you still have the original tune for this? Would like to keep the car closest to stock. Any help would be appreciated

Do you still have the original tune for this? Would like to keep the car closest to stock. Any help would be appreciated
No i don't. The other setting had ballast and not close from stock at all. Also i was using a lot of limiter to stay around the 600PP. This new one is closer , just less weight .

I've found it.
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg

No i don't. The other setting had ballast and not close from stock at all. Also i was using a lot of limiter to stay around the 600PP. This new one is closer , just less weight .
Thanks for the quick reply. Any recommendations just to dial in the constant oversteer and make it similar to a real Porsche? I really want to race the Porsche stock but it doesn’t feel like a Porsche at all. Backend should lock into corners once the sweet spot is found but not possible in GT7. What do you think of the Porsche’s stock in GT7?

Thanks for the quick reply. Any recommendations just to dial in the constant oversteer and make it similar to a real Porsche? I really want to race the Porsche stock but it doesn’t feel like a Porsche at all. Backend should lock into corners once the sweet spot is found but not possible in GT7. What do you think of the Porsche’s stock in GT7?
I don't have any idea how to drive a real porsche. If you talk about oversteer , light direction , you can take out the front ballast , it will dance like a bride !! It can also be a tough dance if passing aver the grip.

Ferrari FXX-K '14 - 800HP - Racing tires - All around settings
I did my best with the parameters left for us to play with. No downforce and NO LSD Settings allowed. I could shave 2 seconds from the stock settings on suzuka.
I've setted the power to 800HP for the car , For +1000 Hp the car is not fun at all. Perhaps with full parameters , not this way in my opinion.

View attachment 1141978View attachment 1141979

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 3290 . Set the final gear where you need to adapt the gearbox for any circuit.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1141980View attachment 1141981

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I've tested this car with your tune a little bit at Sardegna, but increased power to 1,026 bhp. It can be very good with the full 1,000 bhp IMO. The problem is that, in Sardegna, the hybrid system dies very quickly, so you're left with an underpowered car, even though you still have more than 800 bhp.

While the hybrid is working, though, it's got monster pace. Provided you can handle it!

Ferrari Enzo '02 - 700PP - Sport soft Tires - All Around setting
Wide body car.

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Wing A

It's a performant car in this configuration 700PP Sport Soft. Strangely it' not peerformant at all at 600PP , can be used with Racing Tires 700PP or Maxed , but it's not very good in my opinion. I've tried .

f1.jpg
f2.jpg

To build the racing fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 250 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.475

f3.jpg
f4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Bonjour praino63. Tout d'abord, comme beaucoup d'autres l'ont déjà mentionné, merci pour toutes ces tunes. Ça améliore énormément mon expérience avec ce jeu, et je crois pas que ce serait aussi plaisant si avant chaque course j'avais à moi-même passer des heures juste pour essayer de configurer une voiture pour qu'elle soit compétitive.

That said, as much as it's convenient to just use the setting that you provide here - yes I do have to sometimes tweak them a little to match my personal driving style but at least the bulk of the work is already done - I would like to be able to understand the process that you go through to come up with these. I'd love to watch a video where you start from scratch and turn a lazy potato into a demon racing machine like you always seem to do so well. I'm not talking about some montage of key moments with an overview of what you had to do to tune a car, no no, I'm talking right from scratch, a car that you haven't previously tested or tuned, in much the way I would have to do it, with all the back and forth trial and error, track testing and adjustments, from beginning to end; leave up to viewers to skip over the boring parts if they want to! That suspension adjustment didn't have the intended result? Doesn't matter, leave it in, that's what I want to see.

D'une façon ou d'une autre, merci encore pour tout ces efforts que tu partages avec la communauté, nous t'en sommes grandement reconnaissants.

Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 - 700 PP - Sport soft or Racing Tires - All around

New settings Update 27/04/2022

No more ballast , faster car now for 700PP tuned with Sport Soft tires , support easy Racing Tires. Tested for All Tracks.

Rims 19" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

WIDE BODY ON.
Front A
Side A
Rear A
Wing A

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.360 .
Done.
View attachment 1143509

View attachment 1143510

View attachment 1121876

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Bonjour praino63. Tout d'abord, comme beaucoup d'autres l'ont déjà mentionné, merci pour toutes ces tunes. Ça améliore énormément mon expérience avec ce jeu, et je crois pas que ce serait aussi plaisant si avant chaque course j'avais à moi-même passer des heures juste pour essayer de configurer une voiture pour qu'elle soit compétitive.

That said, as much as it's convenient to just use the setting that you provide here - yes I do have to sometimes tweak them a little to match my personal driving style but at least the bulk of the work is already done - I would like to be able to understand the process that you go through to come up with these. I'd love to watch a video where you start from scratch and turn a lazy potato into a demon racing machine like you always seem to do so well. I'm not talking about some montage of key moments with an overview of what you had to do to tune a car, no no, I'm talking right from scratch, a car that you haven't previously tested or tuned, in much the way I would have to do it, with all the back and forth trial and error, track testing and adjustments, from beginning to end; leave up to viewers to skip over the boring parts if they want to! That suspension adjustment didn't have the intended result? Doesn't matter, leave it in, that's what I want to see.

D'une façon ou d'une autre, merci encore pour tout ces efforts que tu partages avec la communauté, nous t'en sommes grandement reconnaissants.

Star Trek Kirk GIF
So good to read people from Canada I love Quebec . I love this region , i've spent some monthes during 2 winters 85 and 86 at the Île Perrot and downtown Montreal. I was in love with a wonderfull girl from there. So good souvenir.

Since so much time doing this , a lot of people asked me to do a tutorial about tuning. The problem is that i don't have any procedure or how to do. Doing a video would be difficult because i have difficulty to speak after the stroke.
Almost every car is a special car. I can able to build a single car 2 or N times with a same result , using differents parameters .
For example , a car with :
max front downforce / mini rear downforce / higher front and lower rear / Neutral springs front rear
or
mini front downforce / max rear downforce / lower front and higher rear / softer springs front hard rear springs....
or
All parameters mid value .....

Without talking about all the others parameters .... camber , TOE , LSD.......

There are so much way to build a car. The difficult part is to feel what could be the better way. It's very intuitive.

The most important is to know what cause this or that.

BEYOND THE APEX is a excelent read. Every thing is working well in GT7
BEYOND THE APEX online WWW
You have it also in the GT7 menu too.

All the rest is time and a lot of practice.

Last edited:
Thanks , I will have to wait to try it out, my kids will be on the games all weekend. Have a great weekend
thank you 63 for the direction to get the Apline220 back on a rail. I do hate to mess with perfection. my lap times are still a few seconds or more slower then before the 1.13 update, but its a still winning car and a pleasure to drive.

Hello Praiano!! One question, is it worth spending 10,500,000 on the mclaren f1 Gtr bmw 95? You have made a tune for him. I enjoy the viper or the z4 in gr3. Is the mclaren f1 better than them? Thank you!!

Hello Praiano!! One question, is it worth spending 10,500,000 on the mclaren f1 Gtr bmw 95? You have made a tune for him. I enjoy the viper or the z4 in gr3. Is the mclaren f1 better than them? Thank you!!
Up to you , It's just a good GR3 car for me , a very good car indeed , inside the top 5 gr3 car in my opinion.
It was a gift for me , i wouln't buy it at this price for the moment. I have other priority now.

I fully understand what you mean having been lucky enough to own a 997 C2S back in 2005-10 (pre wife, kids and financial crisis… good times!) and I did a lot of track days at Goodwood, so taking the 997 GT3 to that track is a real walk down memory lane.

Priano’s first tune was wickedly fast and I loved it, and pre 1:13 update it was also rather Porschey with that light nose and utterly predictable understeer. Since 1:13 I have been trying to recapture that feeling, but not got there yet.

The 964 in what I call my “clubsport” spec (sports suspension, 1 way diff, close ratio gearbox, lighter and stiffened and an overhauled engine) gives me the best “Porsche” vibe. The nose is light, there is oversteer there if you are clumsy, but you can really point her 1-2m into the apex and then use the throttle to promote understeer giving wonderful exit speed. Hope these photos capture what I mean.

6FC86060-0985-4329-BCB4-25B0420CE128.jpeg

45EEC5FB-7F91-4D5B-B1AD-896EC217E652.jpeg

maestro @praiano63, quali sono per te i primi 5 gr3 e i primi 5 gr4?
I don't know what car is faster online , depend on track you race on. I don't race so much online , only FIA 90%
I can say at 630pp and 730PP on my reference track suzuki or spa , all my cars are laping in the same second .
My preference in driving pleasure are . For GR4 4WD are dominant online it seems

GR4
Toyota supra '19
Mitsubishi
Genesis
McLaren 650
Ferrari458

GR3
Dodge viper
Renault
Subaru BRZ
Mazda RX
McLaren F1

Porsche 911 (930) Turbo '81- 650 PP - Sport or Racing tires - All around

Ma---ra---vi---lhosa . I love the sensation to put the front wheel where i want. I use it with the 4 gears stock gearbox or a 5 gears custom racing gearbox.
Wide Body
Front aero part and skirt , i've take it out after for question of style , but the front downforce numbers stay .... ok
Rear aero type A ( Still stylish
I've put the anti lag system but i didn't use it . Up to you.
Weight of the car is 1170 kg. Homage to the RUF Yellow bird , next generation car.

View attachment 1125004View attachment 1125005View attachment 1125006

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive

Ma---ra---vi---lhosa . I love the sensation to put the front wheel where i want. I use it with the 4 gears stock gearbox or a 5 gears custom racing gearbox.
Wide Body
Front aero part and skirt , i've take it out after for question of style , but the front downforce numbers stay .... ok
Weight of the car is 1170 kg. Homage to the RUF Yellow bird , next generation car.

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Great tune, works well with other Porsche's. The tune helped me get back into to the Cafe books for the Porsche Cup Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been using your tubes since GT6. Many thanks.

It's said the Peugeot RCZ is the BEST GR3 to win with because of it's low weight...1200kg and 520 hp engine. It is nice but could use your touch. Right now I'm using your Audi GT3 R8 LMS tune in this car. It's close but still not right. Any chance you could make this awesome care more awesome with your tuning?

Wide Body

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

New to tuning. I've been looking for a tune for my 911 GT3 RS (991) '16 for the Porsche Cafe Book Menu races. Do you know if this tune will also work? What are your recommendations? Thanks!

Back