PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,874 comments
Yes , , need to take care for the last 2 laps, i'm almost sure the brake balance is totally broken in GT7. any extreme setting +5 or -5 are giving the same result. Just like compression / extention ... almmost no reaction. on the car's behaviors.
Anyway , need to be soft in the turns and braking 1 car to 1 car and a half from the braking point mark , the result is almost the same for performance but save some rear tires.
I'm not sure about the dampers. I have one tune ready to post where the front compression made a big difference. At front 32, it has lots of grip but if you go over the limit it chatters and the loss of grip is more severe. At 30, less chatter and smoother slide but also less grip overall. At 28, no chatter but much less cornering speed. This was a big engine FR car, but I have had similar experience with rear compression on more balanced cars, though lower rear compression makes the car more tolerant of bumps. At the end, 32 and more grip was faster.

Hi gang, I just posted my tune for the Ford Mark IV on Mad Tunes. It's a beast for sure so be gentle. It took a lot of work to manage the torque and wheelspin, so please let me know how I did. All other LSD settings seemed to be worse.

Also included with this update is the Amuse 380RS at 700pp which was not so difficult. It's pretty much a perfect sports car, so probably not enough of a challenge for Mr. Praiano.

Porsche 356 A 1500 GS Carrera '56 - 450 PP - Comfort Medium front & Comfort soft Tires rear - Human comedy mission 1H

This car can lap at 2:28 , Manual gearbox . only 1 stop for gas after 14 laps . Safe fast drive.

Width Wide - Offset Wide

p1.jpg
p2.jpg

To build the manual gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to 200 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 5.025

p3.jpg
p4.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Haha, you made a 356! Even stock, I loved it.

I didn't see much need for different compounds, but, if it works, it works.

These same settings probably work on the Speedster too.

McLaren 650S GR4 - 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - All around (Stock Gearbox)

My top N°1 GR4 for the moment. Fantastic grip , +++ top speed , easy to drive , allow 100% attack safely . I've tried to build a gearbox without success , the stock gearbox is very performant and allow a very low PP = more power for 730PP.

View attachment 1128307View attachment 1128308

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Love your work, but have a long shot. we are running this car in a series now and having awful trouble at Tsukuba. T3 and T6, just snap oversteer. its impossible to drive. any updates on the tune for that track would be extrmely helpful.

I'm too legit to quit
Seriously guys, I'm just trying to have some fun. Praiano and I go back over a decade. I asked if I could advertise my tunes and it's all good. I'm hardly in competition. He was better than me 12 years ago and he's even better now. We're just two old dudes in our 50's having a great time playing GT7, that's all.

Fwiw, a couple of my tunes are a little sus, but I'm not a crap tuner. Try some out. They're fun.

Seriously guys, I'm just trying to have some fun. Praiano and I go back over a decade. I asked if I could advertise my tunes and it's all good. I'm hardly in competition. He was better than me 12 years ago and he's even better now. We're just two old dudes in our 50's having a great time playing GT7, that's all.

Fwiw, a couple of my tunes are a little sus, but I'm not a crap tuner. Try some out. They're fun.
I can't believe people's feelings get hurt over someone saying to go check out their tunes in this thread. Who cares? It's video game car tunes lol. Plus the more tunes/variety of tunes to test out the better.

I can't believe people's feelings get hurt over someone saying to go check out their tunes in this thread. Who cares? It's video game car tunes lol. Plus the more tunes/variety of tunes to test out the better.
I remember GT5 when there was legitimately 10-12 full time, massive tuning garages.

Now there’s Laurent and…… a couple of others with 5% of the tunes and 1% of the replies and views.

Being able to help others tunes get used will be better for everyone in the long run.

The tuning comps from GT5 created better tunes and tuners, and were held in really good terms. Everyone was so supportive of each other and was happy to share their findings……

If Laurent has an issue, then he should stop, but if Laurent has no problem then visitors also shouldn’t have a problem.

Hey Mike, I don't have any problem with your stuff, I've tried a couple of your tunes earlier. I'm just an old guy pushin' 80 having fun racing hot cars.
Today I put the Praiano tuned Isle of Man WRX on the Le Mans course and won quite easily! The only downside to the car is that it's only good for about 2 laps, then you gotta fuel. I wonder what McEwen and Portilla say when I go by doing 180, "Holy crap, we just got passed by a small apartment block!"

I'm gonna try your GT40 tune cause I bought it a couple of days ago and it was seriously as tail happy as a new puppy while running stock?!?! You would think that the real car would be tuned for the win wouldn't you?
Cheers Pete

You would think that the real car would be tuned for the win wouldn't you?
I can understand racing cars coming with default tunes that are not working on every track, but should at least not be in a state of Ken Miles testdriving it.
But I cant possibly understand road cars being offered as death machines (yes, Clio, I look at you), they would always be sold in the most comfort and secure tune as long as they are not marketed or recognized as enthusiast cars.

But then again, this game doesnt use real world TCS, so there are obviously cars that possbily cant handle in the same way as a real driver would expect it.

Last edited:
Hey Mike, I don't have any problem with your stuff, I've tried a couple of your tunes earlier. I'm just an old guy pushin' 80 having fun racing hot cars.
Today I put the Praiano tuned Isle of Man WRX on the Le Mans course and won quite easily! The only downside to the car is that it's only good for about 2 laps, then you gotta fuel. I wonder what McEwen and Portilla say when I go by doing 180, "Holy crap, we just got passed by a small apartment block!"

I'm gonna try your GT40 tune cause I bought it a couple of days ago and it was seriously as tail happy as a new puppy while running stock?!?! You would think that the real car would be tuned for the win wouldn't you?
Cheers Pete
Short shifting will get that beast a third lap.

Sure , like i've told you it's ok for me . My garage is here to share car's settings , opinions about cars , discussions about anything....... and have fun sharing the same hobby . This is the way it is since a long time ago and it'll stay this way.
50's ?? :lol: This is my last year. In january i'll be in the 60's clan.;)

Last edited:
I'm finishing the Ferrari F50 soon. It'll be a 700PP Race Hard tune. I didn't like the sport tires drive and also not performance. The car is very fun with race car .
We’re you able to grab the 330p4? I find it to be the best car for Le Mans so far. Running sub 4 minute laps and can hit 200mph and also get 4 laps with fuel to spare

Attachments

• DCE4D6B5-923C-4751-BA8C-1F2588240759.jpeg
    DCE4D6B5-923C-4751-BA8C-1F2588240759.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 20
Mazda Roadster Touring Car - 600PP - Racing soft tures - Tsukuba MISSION EVENT
This car lap 58:5xx regular with no traffic. Gas at 1 , 11laps / racing soft tires / full tank.

For the gearbox proceed this way:
Set top speed auto at 200kmh (minimum)
Set final gear at 4.821
Then set each 5 gears
Done.
View attachment 1135872View attachment 1135873

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Guys can someone check this tune hasn't changed with the 1.13 update please as I'm having to set the restrictor to 87 to get 599.96pp?

Back