PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,547 comments
Alfa Romeo 4C GR4- 630 PP - Racing tires - All around

It's difficult to decide setting orientation . PP ? BOP ???? . I did with some we have playing for the moment. PP is the thing.
If we have other kind of race next , i will another one. Anyway , this one will serve as a base setting for me.
It work for the HSR money maker. Tested also on Suzuki and Brand Hatch.

View attachment 1123670View attachment 1123671View attachment 1123672

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Bop with free setup..

Welcome back , tried one or two of your previous setups from GTS in GT7 , they were still better than my efforts lol .

At some point when you get the time could I please request a tune for the GR4 Covette . I'm a average driver getting into the 1.16sec bracket at the high speed ring ( got into the high 1.15 as well a few times , but can't figure out how lmao ) with my current attempt at playing with the settings , or as I like to call it the witchcraft section . My main issue is the LSD , i'm also not using any assists apart from ABS set to weak , but it's bogging down on sharp corners a lot so loosing me corner speed .
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I run out of credits. To tune all those road cars need a lot of parts.1.16 low is my time as racing pace , 1.15 during the race no draft happen . Long time ago HSR need to practice more.
Hey @praiano63! I have been using your tunes since GT5 and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your hard work and that you have made each Gran Turismo so much more enjoyable and I'm in love with your work so far for GT7! Thank-you for continuing on what feels like a tradition.
Thanks a lot , it's a pleasure for me.
My "wide body" formed after many years of consuming IPA beers. I'm definitely more stable on windy days.

I'm working backwards on the pages, have you tuned the Ferrari 458 yet?
458 not yet $$$$$$$$$ .

I had the same problem with the front downforce, all I had wrong was that I hadn’t fitted the rear diffuser.
THANKS A LOT!!! :-)
that was it. now I can have the same spec. It is the Type B rear that is needed to achieve the numbers...I thought it is a visual thing only between A or B, but it it isn't.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I run out of credits. To tune all those road cars need a lot of parts.1.16 low is my time as racing pace , 1.15 during the race no draft happen . Long time ago HSR need to practice more.

Thanks a lot , it's a pleasure for me.

458 not yet $$$$$$$$$ .
If I can request the 458 Gr.4 as well. When taking it and your 4C to HSR time trial, I was able to consistently set better lap times with the 458 than I could in the 4C, and that was with a stock 458 (16.020 in 458 vs 16.489 in 4C)

Overall the 458 just feels more stable, and it's able to carry better speed in the last corner with a consistent 210kmh through it compared to 203kmh in the 4C.

Bop with free setup..
How do you set BOP ??
If I can request the 458 Gr.4 as well. When taking it and your 4C to HSR time trial, I was able to consistently set better lap times with the 458 than I could in the 4C, and that was with a stock 458 (16.020 in 458 vs 16.489 in 4C)

Overall the 458 just feels more stable, and it's able to carry better speed in the last corner with a consistent 210kmh through it compared to 203kmh in the 4C.
I have the Cayenne in my garage already setted. It stay 6 seconds in front of 458 end of the race. I'll buy the ferrari soon for sure.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 GR4- 630 PP - Racing tires - All around
BOP Rules 310 HP - 2954 Lbs

Excelent top speed , still a lot of grip . 3 first GR4 , Toyota , Porsche and Alfa are the exact time lap in 1 sc on SPA. Gearbox up do you depending of track you race at.

por1.jpg
por2.jpg
por3.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Hey @praiano63

I've just found this thread after the weekend travelling.

Thanks for your tuning contributions, in fact by the end of GTS I was just setting up my Garage cars to your tunes and doing Time Attacks on the Nordschleife!

It's great that the community has your input once again, especially now selecting cars and parts has become so expensive after the previous game.

Thank you, again

Ferrari 308 GTB '75 -550PP to 700 PP - Sport and Racing tires - All around

This car is amazing , very performant , safe , agressive , great driving pleasure.You can use it from 550PP Sport hard tires till Racing soft tires close to 700PP. All this staying with the same behaviors .
One of the Ferrari to keep on the top of your list.
You can modulate the downforce depending your need , fast track or grip tune... For this increase or decrease the downforce value for both front and rear proportionally.

View attachment 1122712View attachment 1122714View attachment 1122715View attachment 1122716

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Mr. Praiano, i accidentally put on the 308 GTB all of the weight reductions. How much weight will i have to put on it agin?

We're learning everyday. Something i've just discovering , Gearbox is +++ important for PP.
Never let the last gear too long for a given circuit.
Set last gear top speed for the max speed you can reach on this circuit.
Lower is the top speed , low is the PP value. Then you can increase power till the PP limit.
This is very strange , but PD have this kinds of things..
Please PD , let this gearbox top speed out of the PP.
Also like tire's compound. This is not a good idea.

Mr. Praiano, i accidentally put on the 308 GTB all of the weight reductions. How much weight will i have to put on it agin?
On the setting sheet you have 2409 lbs or 1090 kg , no ballast anywhere , so it's easy. Just add ballast to compense at position 0.

:DGG Praiano63.
What do you think of this guy's approach to tuning?

I can't understand everything , seeing is one thing , testing is best. I can see some extreme settings like frequency and compression... It can be depending of the rest. Just driving it.

Hey @praiano63

I've just found this thread after the weekend travelling.

Thanks for your tuning contributions, in fact by the end of GTS I was just setting up my Garage cars to your tunes and doing Time Attacks on the Nordschleife!

It's great that the community has your input once again, especially now selecting cars and parts has become so expensive after the previous game.

Thank you, again
Hello. Nordschleife will need a special configuration i think. Car can't be too stiff like others track , cars in GT7 don't like kerbs . It's a good point , GTSport wasn't considering relief like hole or border of the track. Good luck and have a good drive.

Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport '16 GR4- 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - Nurburgring GP Seasonal
BOP Rules 310 HP - 2954 Lbs

Special setting for this time attack event , you can do a longer gearbox for the race because of draft.

porgp1.jpg
porgp2.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
We're learning everyday. Something i've just discovering , Gearbox is +++ important for PP.
Never let the last gear too long for a given circuit.
Set last gear top speed for the max speed you can reach on this circuit.
Lower is the top speed , low is the PP value. Then you can increase power till the PP limit.
This is very strange , but PD have this kinds of things..
Please PD , let this gearbox top speed out of the PP.
Also like tire's compound. This is not a good idea.
Another important thing to add to the PP paragraph.
The 1st gear is also important to low your PP and after add power instead.
So to resume : For a given track you need.
  • Last gear as short as possible = the max speed of the circuit at max RPM
  • First gear as long as possible at the slower corner of the track. Till this is not prejudicial to the retake out this corner.
All this put down your PP .

Genesis G70 GR4- 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - Nurburgring GP Seasonal - SPA Gearbox
BOP Rules 343 HP - 3236 Lbs

This car is unbeatable IMO. i have a 2.02 low time. Knowing i am not good at all for Nurb GP . The car is a real bomb , you can do a longer gearbox for the race because of draft.

g70 1.jpg
g70 2.jpg
g70 3.jpg
g70 4.jpg
Gearbox setting for SPA.

g70 spa gear.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Genesis G70 GR4- 630 PP - Racing Hard tires - Nurburgring GP Seasonal

This car is unbeatable IMO. i have a 2.02 low time. Knowing i am not good at all for Nurb GP . The car is a real bomb , you can do a longer gearbox for the race because of draft.

View attachment 1124196View attachment 1124197View attachment 1124198View attachment 1124200

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
How can I keep my transmission changes the same? Every time I change them and back out they go how they were.. I have to change them every time i want to join a race

I dont know. I just finished the last Cafe Mission Cup with your Mazda RX Vision, i thinks its much better than the Genesis. The Genensis seems heavy, a lot. I did something wrong? I get 632,84 PP. Not like yours.

Back