PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,563 comments
Nissan Z Performance '23 - 600PP - Sport Hard or Medium Tires - Nordschleife
This car is 7:23 on the Nordschleife . 3rd lap time in my 600PP cars for now.I've tested it on Nordschleife mainly , also with medium tires , they lap both same time at the end. One more grip , other more speed. I think that racing in a pack , hard tires are better . Hard to pass in the curves , the grip difference is not enough to overtake in a turn , but the track straight sections can do the gap.
I only use 6 gear. More than enough and more performant.

Wide Body Car
Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Side A
Rear B
Wing B

View attachment 1149756View attachment 1149757

To build the manual fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 200 km
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.550 for Nordschleife or similar
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP .

View attachment 1149758View attachment 1149759View attachment 1149760

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I struggled to get the gearbox anywhere close to these numbers. Anyone else?! 🤪

hello praiano, would you have a setup for toyota levin to race in tsukuba with soft sports tires and 500pp? thanks again for the hard work you do every da
I don't have a specific one. You can use the Toyota Sprinter Trueno 1600GT Apex (AE86) '83 - 550PP - Sport Hard Tires - Nordschleife
Normally i don't use same settings even for same models just with different year. Like AMG GT S 2015 x AMG GT R 2017 , it don't work.
Yesterday i use the same base for Sprinter Trueno AE86 1983 and Sprinter Trueno Shuichi Shigeno Edition and they match perfectly.

Because of this , i suppose they are the same car Trueno / Levin . Just need a shorter gearbox.
Test it and give some feedback please.
You can match the speed of any gear.
When the range is too small and don't reach the numbers , close the setting window and back on it. You'll see a new wider range.

Hello @praiano63 !!

Firstly thanks for the efforts you put to give us for this amazing settings… they’re so amazing! 🤩

Secondly if there are some settings for the Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 car… i’ve tried to make some setting, but it’s always oversteers, and i don’t know how to solve it! 😵‍💫

Thanks for the helping! 😁

Hello @praiano63 !!

Firstly thanks for the efforts you put to give us for this amazing settings… they’re so amazing! 🤩

Secondly if there are some settings for the Hyundai Genesis Gr.3 car… i’ve tried to make some setting, but it’s always oversteers, and i don’t know how to solve it! 😵‍💫

Thanks for the helping! 😁
I have it , it's ready but i've forgot to publish it 2 weeks ago. I'm going to post it now.

Genesis X GR3 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around

The car is a bit wild with original settings. I've try to turn it sane and easy to drive without lowering the performance of the car. It's a top 3 GR3 on Suzuka or any technical track , and the most important , you can do agressive laps sequentially staying on the road.

g1.jpg
g2.jpg

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 200 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.145 for SPA or similar
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP .

g3.jpg
g4.jpg
gen.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Genesis X GR3 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around

The car is a bit wild with original settings. I've try to turn it sane and easy to drive without lowering the performance of the car. It's a top 3 GR3 on Suzuka or any technical track , and the most important , you can do agressive laps sequentially staying on the road.

View attachment 1150322View attachment 1150323

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 200 kmh
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.145 for SPA or similar

View attachment 1150324View attachment 1150325View attachment 1150327

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Thanks for this setup!
I was looking for the Hyundai Gr.3, probably writing also the model of the car could confuse everybody!

Sorry for the mistake!

BMW M3 Coupé '07 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Around

Just a few faster than the M3 '03 on Suzuka. Very stable , no surprise , you can push the car anywhere.

Wide Body Car
Rims size 19" or 17" ??!! - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Side A
Rear A
Wing Custom

View attachment 1150055View attachment 1150056

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 310 kmh
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 4.404 for Suzuka or similar

View attachment 1150057View attachment 1150058

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Excellent tune, one of the best FR car for beginners, even on Hard tires. Thanks for taking my request, Praiano!

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around

Extremely fast anywhere. Top 1 lap at Suzuka , a combination of grip , power & speed.Very performant on this kind of track.

View attachment 1150494View attachment 1150495

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 250 kmh
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.115 for SPA or similar

View attachment 1150496View attachment 1150497

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
@praiano63
Thank you so much! Half of the reason I check this daily is to see if you’ve done my favorite car yet. I’ll donate as soon as funds allow.

I’m so excited to try my favorite car! You made my evening.

Last edited:

Nissan Z Performance '23 - 600PP - Sport Hard or Medium Tires - Nordschleife
This car is 7:23 on the Nordschleife . 3rd lap time in my 600PP cars for now.I've tested it on Nordschleife mainly , also with medium tires , they lap both same time at the end. One more grip , other more speed. I think that racing in a pack , hard tires are better . Hard to pass in the curves , the grip difference is not enough to overtake in a turn , but the track straight sections can do the gap.
I only use 6 gear. More than enough and more performant.

Wide Body Car
Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A
Side A
Rear B
Wing B

View attachment 1149756View attachment 1149757

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 200 km
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.550 for Nordschleife or similar

View attachment 1149758View attachment 1149759View attachment 1149760

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I think the gearbox curve page is from a wrong car's. Can you check it?

I've noticed multiple Gran Turismo YouTubers making videos about the best cars in the game. One car has come up many times now. The Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car Gr.4. Very interesting. 🤔
Looking forward to seeing your take on this car, Praiano!

Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 '10 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around

Extremely fast anywhere. Top 1 lap at Suzuka , a combination of grip , power & speed.Very performant on this kind of track.

View attachment 1150494View attachment 1150495

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 250 kmh
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.115 for SPA or similar

View attachment 1150496View attachment 1150497

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This is an absolute beast.

Thank you @praiano63 for sharing your tunes. I donated to your PS5 fund :) and I look forward to working down this list as expand my garage. I have a question, can most of your tunes work on all tracks?

* I have a hot tip for you all. Try using PS Remote Play for applying Praiano tunes to your cars *

It makes the process noticeably less painful and time consuming, especially if you're a proficient keyboard user. You can have the GTplanet window open and Remote Play open adjacent and it makes for easy copying, rather than having to glance back and forth from an iPad or other screen.
Try it and see for yourself,
I don't know why PD insist on making us use sliders for entering gear ratios and other settings, instead of allowing us to enter numbers with a keypad, but at least you can type the name of the tune using your PC keyboard.
p.s. Yes I sometimes copy Praiano liveries too. He has good taste!

remote play tune.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you @praiano63 for sharing your tunes. I donated to your PS5 fund :) and I look forward to working down this list as expand my garage. I have a question, can most of your tunes work on all tracks?
Thanks a lot for your support.
Normally yes , my road cars and most of my race cars are working on all track.
The overall balance of the car is a base for anybody who want to taylor his own car. Sometime you need some more speed , then set a llonger gearbox , or low the downforce same amount front & rear..... If you find the car too stiff for a bumpy track , you can low the springs frequency, still same amount front & rear....
This is just a base all around tune .
Interesting feedback! Why does everyone go crazy about how amazing it is?! Maybe 1.13 update neutralised it?
It was before the 1.13 , i'll check the car today .

You can match the speed of any gear.
When the range is too small and don't reach the numbers , close the setting window and back on it. You'll see a new wider range.
It only opens up about 0.0030 each time I open and close it. So I will need to do it about 100 times or more to get to the right ratio. Its strange!! Did you also need to do this when you built the gearbox for that Nissan Z Performance '23?

praiano c'è qualche trucchetto da fare con la trasmissione o con le sospensioni per abbassare i pp alla macchina per recuperare potenza al motore?

Subaru BRZ GT300 '21 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - Daytona.
Easy dominant setting , i think it can substitute the all around setting i have on the list.

View attachment 1149403View attachment 1149404
To build the full custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 290 kmh
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.656
View attachment 1149405View attachment 1149406

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Thank you so much. I finally beat the Daytona road course race of the GT Cup Gr.3 event by using a 2021 Subaru BRZ GT300 with this tune. 😁

Last edited:
It only opens up about 0.0030 each time I open and close it. So I will need to do it about 100 times or more to get to the right ratio. Its strange!! Did you also need to do this when you built the gearbox for that Nissan Z Performance '23?
I'm not great at transmissions so I am curious. If the top speed for each gear and the final ratio are the same, does it matter what the gear ratios are?

Basically, when I have this problem I just match the speed for each gear and don't worry about the details.

praiano c'è qualche trucchetto da fare con la trasmissione o con le sospensioni per abbassare i pp alla macchina per recuperare potenza al motore?
@Superganzo "praiano is there any trick to do with the transmission or suspension to lower the pp to the car to recover power to the engine?"

Yes , but it's a compromise.
With race cars with flat underbody and ground effect , there is not so much gain but you can raise the car to gain PP. But you'll lose grip . Depending of the track , it can be a gain.
For road cars without ground effect , if you raise the car over the road , you'll gain a lot of power for the same PP . It can be a big difference , from 20 to 50 PP

Any plans for the GR Supra Gr. 3?
Yes , soon. I'm on the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 2011 for the moment. It's a bit hard to turn it a fast car but it's going well.

Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11 - 730PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around

A lot more performant than the original. This GR3 car can fight with any other top of this range.

m1.jpg
m2.jpg

1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 280 kmh
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.150 for Suzuka or similar

m3.jpg
m4.jpg
mer.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Back