PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,538 comments
The level of my hope for Polyphony Digital is very low and about to vanish.
View attachment 1154454
Please keep the faith, we need you!

Maybe you need a break?

I go back to GT Sport when I'm feeling frustrated with GT7 I find it's A.I. better and as I'm new to PD / PS consoles coming from PC sims I see good 'n' bad but more immersive presentation value with PD sim.

Also they seem to be listening to us more now like on 1.15 multi-player contact penalties and Curb Physics fix.

I've bought the Peugeot 908. Excelent car , i think it will do the job for St Croix. I say " i think " , because after 3 race , AI take me out 3 times. I don't like AI in GT7 , but GR1 AI is the more stupid AI i've never saw. Mixing cars with very differents top speed , braking point , lateral grip..... All this together with this "poetic" AI .... Hard to survive.
Agreed on all of the above. I bought the 908 and love it. However, every damn time I’m having a great race, I get taken out hard and end up without a chance of winning.

I’m about to put the game away for the night. It’s super frustrating.

Agreed on all of the above. I bought the 908 and love it. However, every damn time I’m having a great race, I get taken out hard and end up without a chance of winning.

I’m about to put the game away for the night. It’s super frustrating.
Yes , the 908 can't handle 4 laps with medium tires. It would need 2 stops .3M+3M+2S
Just like the VGT with Soft compound. BUt with the AI magic to stay on the road.

After further review, the best value for this release is the McLaren VGT Gr1. A few days ago I was using it for the 800pp race at Sardegna for the big money.

It runs great at 850pp for the VGT races on RM tires and goes up to 940ish pp for Gr1. I got wrecked by the AI but it looked like I could get 5 laps at fuel map 2 and top speed was plenty good at Daytona.

All three. But as I mentioned earlier I forgot to switch to hard difficulty so it was on easy.
Haha. I didn’t see that. Thank you for that though. I was really not understanding.

I need to break down and get a real set up. I’m still using the PS5 controllers. I’ve often wondered how much I could cut off of my lap times.

Yes , the 908 can't handle 4 laps with medium tires. It would need 2 stops .3M+3M+2S
Just like the VGT with Soft compound. BUt with the AI magic to stay on the road.
So try RH? I hope you post a tune soon. Not that it really needs help in handling, but I’m sure you can work your magic. There are many that have blown me away and I’ll also echo please don’t lose the faith in GT7. We need you! Haha

After further review, the best value for this release is the McLaren VGT Gr1. A few days ago I was using it for the 800pp race at Sardegna for the big money.

It runs great at 850pp for the VGT races on RM tires and goes up to 940ish pp for Gr1. I got wrecked by the AI but it looked like I could get 5 laps at fuel map 2 and top speed was plenty good at Daytona.
Have a tune for it? Your Lambo VGT tune is very good. I don’t want to hijack Praiano’s thread, but I’ll check your for it to see if you make one.

After further review, the best value for this release is the McLaren VGT Gr1. I got wrecked by the AI
I just bought it. Great car. Fast and great handling and fuel consumption. Got wrecked hard on the 8th lap.

This isn’t accidental. It’s malicious. We were several feet apart and I was passing him and he swerved hard into my LR tire. I’ve never seen it this bad before. It’s not cool.

We should start a club. We can use that new technology they have now. What's it called, lobbies? We can hang out and drive Mustangs and tell stories about how we 'remember' that they used to handle good and didn't magically wrap themselves around trees.
I am in such a club, it is called "GT7 GEEZER CLUB " and we have a lot of fun racing, discussing laghing ... Come and try us. I am 79

I think we now know why the game didn't launch with any gr.1 events. For some reason the ai is pretty atrocious in gr.1 compared to pretty much every other event for some reason.
Same AI, it's problems are just magnified at high speed. I don't have the reaction time to dodge them going that fast.

Have a tune for it? Your Lambo VGT tune is very good. I don’t want to hijack Praiano’s thread, but I’ll check your for it to see if you make one.
I'll post what I have, it's nothing clever. That is if I can get my kid off the PS5 before I have to take him to hockey practice lol.

Edit: the kid has the Lambo VGT in a clubman race in Tokyo! He says did you know the front end lifts up at high speed? TCS 5 no doubt. But he made me 30,000 credits so I got that going for me.

Last edited:
There is a big problem also with tire wear. There is no way to save tires . If you drive hard or smooth the result is the same. Not even a little difference. Adding the fact that brake balance is broken ...... You're totally f...🤬 ...ed anyway.
This is very bad for the game :(

Thanks for the invite! I will look for the lobby, or is there something else I need to do?
These are friend only races so you'll have to send frien request to come race wit us.
We race every saturday morning at 8:30 am EDT hosted by : GT-RaceAce
Sunday morning at 8:30 am EDT hosted by : EeePee or SteveBeech_22
Wednesday eveninf at 7:30 EDT hosted by : larry filiberto ( pmallard )
I am oldboy1943 Send us friend request

There is a big problem also with tire wear. There is no way to save tires . If you drive hard or smooth the result is the same. Not even a little difference. Adding the fact that brake balance is broken ...... You're totally f...🤬 ...ed anyway.
This is very bad for the game :(
That I’m ok with. I trash my tires. It evens the playing field for me. 🤣

Same AI, it's problems are just magnified at high speed. I don't have the reaction time to dodge them going that fast.
I don’t 100% agree with that. I’ll use Daytona for example, becuse that’s where I’m stuck because they keep wrecking me. I’m only turning laps 3-4 sec faster and going about 5 mph faster than my best Gr3 cars. It’s a much bigger issue in the Gr1 race. Way more common and egregious in my personal experience. I can do 1:39 laps in my good Gr3 cars and I can only do 1:36 so far in my Gr1 cars.

OK The only Café menu 24 On HARD settings for Daytona 1:31xx Laps I've seen Scouring The Youtube Has been successfully done By this guy With a 1 stop strategy Toyota Hybrid GR010 '21 With RH , fuel map 6 For nine laps And fuel map 1 On the final straight Of the 10th lap [Cutting it Fine He could have Fuel Mapped 1 earlier On the final lap LOL] then Lap 6 He comes in for RM.

Must say he's got some nice Throttle control With this Beast of a car with no assists Other than the obligatory ABS That this game Demands.
Other than this Strategy I'm seeing love for the “962 with medium rpm range turbo" In the comments Below this video But what's frustrating As people are not Saying whether they Are on easy or hard settings It's only by examining the time In the video You can tell with a 1:31 Hard lap times setting vs the 1:35xx Easy settings times.

I'll try the “ 962 with medium rpm range turbo” Fit And report back Before spending 3 Million On the Toyota hybrid for obvious reasons.

I've tried the following cars on the new Gr.1 circuits (in easy mode he he I'm a beginner so don't judge me please).

The Porsche VGT: (just for giggles) it sucks in breaking and cornering, but is a monster on the long straights. Not recommended
McLaren VGT: Plenty of acceleration but I found it hard to control around the corners.
Dodge SRT Tomahawk VGT: No point.
Toyota TS050 Hybrid '16: Beautiful grip, handling but lacked a bit of acceleration and top end speed. Found it hard to keep up in early drives but I'll try it again now I've got more experience on the tracks.

And last bot not least, the only car I've been able to win these races in so far without extra practice,
Toyota LM55 VGT. It is a beast, handling, acceleration, top speed. I won at Daytona by over 27 seconds and Sainte-Croix by 37 seconds. Even after making some silly mistakes in a couple laps. I've only had one attempt at Suzuka but only came 4th.

Long story short, the Toyota is a bit of a beast and an excellent/fun drive.

Oh, I also joined this board to thank praiano and the many voices here that have contributed so much to my enjoyment of GT7. You are a legend mate, and a great bunch of people!

Last edited:
forr the gr menu i used the 787b for the Daytona race on medium tires and pitstop at lap 5 for new tires and fuel and used map fuel 2. for the suzuki one i first used medium but then it started to rain and when i pitted didn't have the inter or wets so after buying those 2 tires i used the hard compound and map fuel 3 waiting for the rain but it only rained briefly so i completed the race without doing a pitstop. haven't done the la croix one yet. i used praiano setup for both races.

on a side note i find it ironic for the several gr1 cars i raced with these races the one with a wankel engine is the most fuel efficient.
i used the hyundai, the gr010, the porsche 964c and the jaguar XJR-9.

forr the gr menu i used the 787b for the Daytona race on medium tires and pitstop at lap 5 for new tires and fuel and used map fuel 2. for the suzuki one i first used medium but then it started to rain and when i pitted didn't have the inter or wets so after buying those 2 tires i used the hard compound and map fuel 3 waiting for the rain but it only rained briefly so i completed the race without doing a pitstop. haven't done the la croix one yet. i used praiano setup for both races.

on a side note i find it ironic for the several gr1 cars i raced with these races the one with a wankel engine is the most fuel efficient.
Please could you send the link to the 787b setup you used?

Thanks!

So try RH? I hope you post a tune soon. Not that it really needs help in handling, but I’m sure you can work your magic. There are many that have blown me away and I’ll also echo please don’t lose the faith in GT7. We need you! Haha
St Croix have a very short pit stop time. No way to save time using hard compounds. 2 stop is the way to go.
OK The only Café menu 24 On HARD settings for Daytona 1:31xx Laps I've seen Scouring The Youtube Has been successfully done By this guy With a 1 stop strategy Toyota Hybrid GR010 '21 With RH , fuel map 6 For nine laps And fuel map 1 On the final straight Of the 10th lap [Cutting it Fine He could have Fuel Mapped 1 earlier On the final lap LOL] then Lap 6 He comes in for RM.

Must say he's got some nice Throttle control With this Beast of a car with no assists Other than the obligatory ABS That this game Demands.
Other than this Strategy I'm seeing love for the “962 with medium rpm range turbo" In the comments Below this video But what's frustrating As people are not Saying whether they Are on easy or hard settings It's only by examining the time In the video You can tell with a 1:31 Hard lap times setting vs the 1:35xx Easy settings times.

I'll try the “ 962 with medium rpm range turbo” Fit And report back Before spending 3 Million On the Toyota hybrid for obvious reasons.
The 962 maxed is ok for daytona , easy.
For Suzuka , i've tested with toyota TS050 Hybrid 2016 and it seems ok but ii spun at the end.

Very hard race , finally i did the 1st in front of the bloody peugeot.. Still with the 962 and counter steer help to control the car lap 3 and 6 when rear tires are almost over.
2 stops , racing medium , full power and gas 1.
Just short shift the 3 first gears out of corners , waiting the car be inline.
st croix.jpg

KTM X-Bow R '12 - 600PP - Sport Soft Tires - All Tracks

I just fix the balance turning the car stable in any condition , without losing the excel front grip. I've added some weight to be able to find a compromise between top speed and grip for any track. The car have a great top speed but is still have agility on turny slower circuit.
Great precision on the wheel , top 3 600PP car , or perhaps THE number 1 600PP car.

View attachment 1153747View attachment 1153748

Build your own gearbox.

View attachment 1153749View attachment 1153750

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I thank you sir for a speedy tune

I’ve decided that I like the Audi R8 ‘16 and I’m trying a new no pit strategy. I’m familiar with the R18 and how they used to win with it because of TDI fuel economy.

Nothing else has worked, so worth a shot. If nothing else, it’s a joy to drive. It sounds great and handles like a dream.

Last edited:

Hard or easy setting with what best lap times please?

Very hard race , finally i did the 1st in front of the bloody peugeot.. Still with the 962 and counter steer help to control the car lap 3 and 6 when rear tires are almost over.
2 stops , racing medium , full power and gas 1.
Just short shift the 3 first gears out of corners , waiting the car be inline.
View attachment 1154658
Well done , i'll give it a go now i've just done Daytona. Are you ready to share the toyota TS050 Hybrid 2016 yet?

I’ve decided that I like the Audi R8 ‘16 and I’m trying a new no pit strategy. I’m familiar with the R18 and how they used to win with it because of TDI fuel economy.

Nothing else has worked, so worth a shot. If nothing else, it’s a joy to drive. It sounds great and handles like a dream.

That was a fail. I slammed it all the way to the ground and took all the aero out and raised the gear ratios as high as I could and I just can’t get more than nine laps out of it.

It handles remarkably well on RH tires and no aero though, so it definitely has its place in a fuel economy win strategy race somewhere, but not Daytona.

Back