PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,528 comments
I’ve decided that I like the Audi R8 ‘16 and I’m trying a new no pit strategy. I’m familiar with the R18 and how they used to win with it because of TDI fuel economy.

Nothing else has worked, so worth a shot. If nothing else, it’s a joy to drive. It sounds great and handles like a dream.
The R18 TDI (Audi Sport Team Joest) 2011 seems very strong , the '16 is almost the same of the Toyota TS050 Hybrid 2016 , it's ok i think for suzuka only. St Croix and daytona are too fast for this cars , no top speed at all.
Hard or easy setting with what best lap times please?
Hard of course . Around 3 min with best at 2:58 . It's enough for win.
Well done , i'll give it a go now i've just done Daytona. Are you ready to share the toyota TS050 Hybrid 2016 yet?
Not yet , i'm going to drive suzuka again. Yesterday it was almost ok with the audi , but a spin at the end ..... I've bought the 908 also , perhaps it's ok for suzuka.
I've bought the porsche VGT .... not a bad car but no downforce at all for the power , and no settings allowed. End of the road for me :lol::lol:

I’m stuck. I can’t win with any of my cars. I don’t have the tuning or driving skill level. The only Gr1 tunes are for legends cars that are no longer available for purchase. I never bought one because they were really expensive. I quit buying them after I was really underwhelmed with the ‘99 GT-R GT500.

I’m stuck. I can’t win with any of my cars. I don’t have the tuning or driving skill level. The only Gr1 tunes are for legends cars that are no longer available for purchase. I never bought one because they were really expensive. I quit buying them after I was really underwhelmed with the ‘99 GT-R GT500.
Which race are you stuck on?

Yikes, game just froze on St. Croix !!!

Hasn't done that since first build, me thinks its time for a break until the next patch.

Shame i just bought the Toyota GR010 '21 , man it's got some mechanical grip without much of a tune !

Last edited:
Nissan R32 GT-R Vspec II '94 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks

I update the 600PP and add a 700PP. My old 550PP stay in the list just for the record. It was a very good car too.

Wide Car
Rims 17" - Width Wide - Ofset off
Front A - Side A - Rear B - Wing A

View attachment 1153992View attachment 1153993

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track or 2.680 for Nordschleife in this picture.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
For slowers tracks , increase the last gear speed with the help of final gear.

View attachment 1153994View attachment 1153995View attachment 1153996

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Wow this 700PP down Nordschleife is pure joy. Thanks mate.

Daytona. I haven’t tried the others. I’m weird like that.

I just added the high rpm turbo to the Mclaren VGT/GR1, but it didn’t really help since I had to tweak other stuff to stay under 950 pp
Damn. I did Daytona with the Porsche 962 on race hards. I forget the rest of the strategy. But I know you said you dont have any of the classic race cars anyway. But I did st.croix and Suzuka with the McLaren vgt gr.1. Solid car. I also installed the high rpm turbo and for st.croix used minimum downforce and for Suzuka used max downforce. I was able to do daytona and st.croix on hard but for Suzuka I bumped it down to normal. The ai can preserve racing softs and racing wets in the dry like crazy. Sorry I cant be more help.

Damn. I did Daytona with the Porsche 962 on race hards. I forget the rest of the strategy. But I know you said you dont have any of the classic race cars anyway. But I did st.croix and Suzuka with the McLaren vgt gr.1. Solid car. I also installed the high rpm turbo and for st.croix used minimum downforce and for Suzuka used max downforce. I was able to do daytona and st.croix on hard but for Suzuka I bumped it down to normal. The ai can preserve racing softs and racing wets in the dry like crazy. Sorry I cant be more help.
I appreciate it! The other issue is they keep wiping me out hard and also, I’ll pit and get tires, but not even take that much fuel, but they’ll get fuel and tires and somehow beat me out.

OK The only Café menu 24 On HARD settings for Daytona 1:31xx Laps I've seen Scouring The Youtube Has been successfully done By this guy With a 1 stop strategy Toyota Hybrid GR010 '21 With RH , fuel map 6 For nine laps And fuel map 1 On the final straight Of the 10th lap [Cutting it Fine He could have Fuel Mapped 1 earlier On the final lap LOL] then Lap 6 He comes in for RM.

Must say he's got some nice Throttle control With this Beast of a car with no assists Other than the obligatory ABS That this game Demands.
Other than this Strategy I'm seeing love for the “962 with medium rpm range turbo" In the comments Below this video But what's frustrating As people are not Saying whether they Are on easy or hard settings It's only by examining the time In the video You can tell with a 1:31 Hard lap times setting vs the 1:35xx Easy settings times.

I'll try the “ 962 with medium rpm range turbo” Fit And report back Before spending 3 Million On the Toyota hybrid for obvious reasons.
I would love to see someone take
On the Suzuka 950pp on hard and finish 1st! That would be something special. Send links if anyone can do it

I appreciate it! The other issue is they keep wiping me out hard and also, I’ll pit and get tires, but not even take that much fuel, but they’ll get fuel and tires and somehow beat me out.
Alright, I beat daytona with the McLaren vgt gr1. My strategy was stay on one set of race hards the whole race, pit for fuel at the end of lap 5. FM2 the first 2 laps then FM1 the rest of the way. Occasionally short shift at about 3/4 the rpm gauge.

I managed a 15:52 race time with a fast lap of 1:31.600. I made a few slight mistakes. But I think if you can manage low-mid 1:32's you can win on hard difficulty.

Top speed is by far the most important at daytona. Front downforce was at 1050/rear at 1400. Had the racing transmission set at 380kmh. Had ride height 75 both f/r. Antirollbar f4 r6. For the diff I had initial torque at 15 and braking sensitivity at 55. Everything else was stock settings.

Hope this might help

Last edited:

I just added the high rpm turbo to the Mclaren VGT/GR1, but it didn’t really help since I had to tweak other stuff to stay under 950 pp
Try the Mazda LM 55 GT on RH hard difficulty in finished second or third, and I'm average driver at best. Massively struggling with Suzuka, have managed 7th so far driving me nuts, have tried a few cars at Suzuka but can't get any where near top 3. Will keep trying

I just got 2nd at Daytona, 9 seconds behind 1st. I had one contact with the AI in the bus stop then got punted into the grass coming out of the pits, so 2nd is okay for now. Also, I agree with you now about the AI, it just took me a few more tries to understand. :banghead:

My McLaren setup is mostly stock. RM tires, Brake -1. I set the transmission to 330 then stretched the gears a little so I can get to 201mph if I get a perfect draft - top speed in 6th is 352 km/h. I run FM 2 for the 1st lap, then FM 3 on the interior and FM 2 on the oval for laps 2-5, pit at end of lap 5, get new RM tires and use same fuel maps for 6-10. Laps without incidents are in the 1:35's so I need to learn drive a little better. It's hard getting used to Gr1 when you haven't driven over 800pp other than circuit experiences.

Edit: I'm on Normal difficulty.

Last edited:
Please could you send the link to the 787b setup you used?

Thanks!
just used the praiano's tune of the 787b added a turbo and i used the same diff but you might tweak that a bit with the added horsepower

Mazda 787 B '91 - 900PP - Racing Medium Tires - All Around

I wanted a specific track setting but after some test , this tune is ok for most. Every people can set his own for special needs. Just stay with the overall balance. You can set up or down downforce , frequency , all same amount front and rear.... Like Le Mans , people can need more speed.... Suzuka more grip... Up to you.

View attachment 1147896View attachment 1147897

To build the racing fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 250 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 2.735
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP . This one is setted for SPA.

View attachment 1147898View attachment 1147899

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

I just added the high rpm turbo to the Mclaren VGT/GR1, but it didn’t really help since I had to tweak other stuff toc stay under 950 ppti
I've finished all the races.
1st Daytona with 962 / 1 stop / i don't remember the tires but it was not so difficult
1st St croix 962 medium tires / 2 stops / aids TC1 ansd counter steer weak . HArd to win this one.
2d with toyota 2016 at 5 sc after the McLaren / 1 stop / racing soft

I win the Peugeot c ar GR1 with 6 stars ticket to try suzuka again.

Later or tomorrow i'll publish the settings for all the cars.

I just did Daytona on Normal with the Sauber Mercedes and won. Miyazono will pit very late so IMO the optimal strategy is to start on RH and try to last until lap 7, then pit for RS and crank that MFD to FM1.

I ran full downforce as the C9 is crap in the midfield section, but will outspeed the other Gr.1 on the oval even with max downforce.

Fun events so far, wish they paid more money though, as the payout for Daytona is lower than for comparable Gr.3 event.

Last edited:
BMW M4 GR4 - 630PP - Racing Hard tires - All around settings
The car is already very performant with original settings , but in my opinion too sharp for most kind of good (Not apprenti + aliens) players . I set it for me , you can lay comfortably on the corner , corner on corner , the mass transfer stay still easy to manage . I raise a bit the front height giving a few rack , giving stability to the rear end , like this i raise front downforce to compense . All this low the PP and i apply more power instead. Much more top speed with same grip.

For the gearbox i let the stock original gear , very performant and asking less PP.

View attachment 1141606View attachment 1141607View attachment 1141608View attachment 1141609

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Great tune!

I've finished all the races.
1st Daytona with 962 / 1 stop / i don't remember the tires but it was not so difficult
1st St croix 962 medium tires / 2 stops / aids TC1 ansd counter steer weak . HArd to win this one.
2d with toyota 2016 at 5 sc after the McLaren / 1 stop / racing soft

I win the Peugeot c ar GR1 with 6 stars ticket to try suzuka again.

Later or tomorrow i'll publish the settings for all the cars.
That would be awesome because I can’t even buy the 962 right now.

Dear gawd the Peugeot Gr1 is fast with the medium rpm turbo. I’m playing with things trying to make it controllable for ten laps and under 950pp

Last edited:
forr the gr menu i used the 787b for the Daytona race on medium tires and pitstop at lap 5 for new tires and fuel and used map fuel 2. for the suzuki one i first used medium but then it started to rain and when i pitted didn't have the inter or wets so after buying those 2 tires i used the hard compound and map fuel 3 waiting for the rain but it only rained briefly so i completed the race without doing a pitstop. haven't done the la croix one yet. i used praiano setup for both races.

on a side note i find it ironic for the several gr1 cars i raced with these races the one with a wankel engine is the most fuel efficient.
i used the hyundai, the gr010, the porsche 964c and the jaguar XJR-9.
just did the st croix race with the 787b and so far that was the easiest race for me with under a minute lead with the car in second.
used medium tires with 1 pitstop and fuel map on 3 changed tires and added a bit of extra fuel to be safe and won it easily.

Porsche 962 C '88 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Daytona Cafe race
Traction control at 1 optional. Gas at 3

Easy race lap 1.29 to 1.31 depending of the trafic. Short shift out slow corner till 3rd gear. Pit lap 5 for tires medium and 5 lap gas.

p1.jpg
p2.jpg

Gearbox
Top speed 200
Final gear at 2.915
Set each gear.

p3.jpg
p4.jpg

Could be a 15:50 , but i forget to brake last corner before entering the oval and slam the tire's pile. :scared:
No need to rush , take care about the AI in chicane.
p5.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
just did the st croix race with the 787b and so far that was the easiest race for me with under a minute lead with the car in second.
used medium tires with 1 pitstop and fuel map on 3 changed tires and added a bit of extra fuel to be safe and won it easily.
Did you this on HARD ? If yes congratulation. Or not on hard.... , congrats.;) anyway.

Last edited:
Got second place at Daytona with the Peugeot. It’s very winnable with the medium rpm turbo. That was after me me getting taken out three times. One time, a massive high speed spin that cost me about ten seconds. The other two weren’t bad and only cost me 2-3 sec.

I'm very happy with my Mercedes AMG GT3. It' was a very good car , very very safe , fast , and now with some HP more after update with a good top speed. The GT-R after me on the long straight didn't take 0.010 second on my car.
Very safe , 4 laps without problem at very good racing pace.

I needed this race to regain a little faith about this game , it let me a few sad lately. After this wonderful race , i'm ready for a new UPDATE :scared: :scared:
218 points is not so bad for an old rusty GT player. Next GR3 race is Brands Hatch. I love the track .

m.jpg
m1.jpg
m2.jpg

I'm very happy with my Mercedes AMG GT3. It' was a very good car , very very safe , fast , and now with some HP more after update with a good top speed. The GT-R after me on the long straight didn't take 0.010 second on my car.
Very safe , 4 laps without problem at very good racing pace.

I needed this race to regain a little faith about this game , it let me a few sad lately. After this wonderful race , i'm ready for a new UPDATE :scared: :scared:
218 points is not so bad for an old rusty GT player. Next GR3 race is Brands Hatch. I love the track .

View attachment 1154925View attachment 1154926View attachment 1154927
this car is so good when I did Spa 1 hours WTC800 with your tune without turbo it was tough but I finally got P1 I feel like for that race you have to be smart and predict weather to win it (granted it was on normal but I will do on hard one day)

Last edited:
Porsche 962 C '88 - 950PP - Racing Medium Tires - Daytona Cafe race
Traction control at 1 optional. Gas at 3

Easy race lap 1.29 to 1.31 depending of the trafic. Short shift out slow corner till 3rd gear. Pit lap 5 for tires medium and 5 lap gas.

View attachment 1154811View attachment 1154812

Gearbox
Top speed 200
Final gear at 2.915
Set each gear.

View attachment 1154813View attachment 1154814
Could be a 15:50 , but i forget to brake last corner before entering the oval and slam the tire's pile. :scared:
No need to rush , take care about the AI in chicane.
View attachment 1154815

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Many thanks. You must have done a one stop on hard tyres or there's an issue with my fitting Medium turbo Using more fuel meaning i needed to two stop Or were you short shifting Better than me?

Back