PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,874 comments
Did Spa with the F-1500. Couldn't quite get it tuned right. First it'd understeer, next lap, oversteer. What's with the tyre wear tho?. You drive on a set of tyres, then all of sudden, they just give up the ghost. No warning. 6 star ticket of dispondency gave me a Ford GT Lm racecar spec 2 to go with other 2 I've got.
Won Suzuka Gr3 10 lap race that I'd not completed, in the Genesis gr3 (not the Hyundai one).
Yes , i've bought it recently. I'll do something for it soon , after the ferrari 330
@praiano63 Does this one works well for the Tokyo Rain Event?
I don't know , Sport soft tires low the PP a lot and HP . I think it's not a good car for Tokyo rain. Perhaps using harder compounds.Test it and tell me.

Last edited:
@praiano63 Does this one works well for the Tokyo Rain Event?
"I don't know , Sport soft tires low the PP a lot and HP . I think it's not a good car for Tokyo rain. Perhaps using harder compounds.Test it and tell me."

The background to my question was that I was reading through all your 600pp cars. I am looking for a a car to learn the Tokyo Rain Event with.

In my first trials I am sliding around and hitting the walls. I used the Alpine A220 which I really like in general. But, I thought, to continue, maybe I should now in the beginning take a car with 4WD?

If you have a recommendation on a car and a tune, feel free to recommend.

"I don't know , Sport soft tires low the PP a lot and HP . I think it's not a good car for Tokyo rain. Perhaps using harder compounds.Test it and tell me."

The background to my question was that I was reading through all your 600pp cars. I am looking for a a car to learn the Tokyo Rain Event with.

In my first trials I am sliding around and hitting the walls. I used the Alpine A220 which I really like in general. But, I thought, to continue, maybe I should now in the beginning take a car with 4WD?

4WD are a better option to learn the track. Remember that 2 first laps have differents braking distance .
Fast and easy
Honda NSX '17- 600PP - Sport Medium tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rain
Nissan R33 GT-R V-Spec '97 - 600PP - Sport Hard tires - Tokyo rain WTC 600
Nissan GTR '17- 600PP - Sport Hard tires - WTC 600 Tokyo Rai
Nissan R32 GT-R Vspec II '94 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Tracks

Ford Focus RS '18 - 600PP - Sport Tires - All Tracks / Tokyo - 1.34

This car would need some more power to be a top 3 600PP but the handling is fantastic. Sport Hard for Tokyo and Medium tires for Nordschleife or else.

Wide Car
Rims up to you
Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Wing B

f1.jpeg
f2.jpeg

Tokyo
f3.jpeg

All Track
f4.jpeg

Tokyo
f5.jpeg
f6.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Lamborghini Hurácan LP610-4 '15 - 600 PP - Sport medium Tires - All around
First tune for 700PP racing cars , it can race GR4 easy economizing some gas. Still possible with the tune.
After i've decided to detune it to 600PP and the best compromise i've found was with sport medium tires.
My top 3 600PP for now. Not very enjoyable to drive , seems you drive a timber .... but a extreme fast timber for sure.

Wide body
Rims 20" / Rim width Wide / Offset Wide
Front part A
Side A
Rear Wing : Custom.
EDIT: Perhaps the picture is too small ?? It was when i've check on my phone. Need to export pics with twitter passing by share factory.... no way to do direct like PS4 ... i think. I didn't found another way , just this 4pics in one.

Hi! On this one, was there a gearbox setting?
I do not see one, but if is late and I am tired, maybe I am missing?
Or was stock setting used?

I had similar issues - try the lamborghini veneno. You'll get in front and be able to hold onto the lead throughout the race. even if you loose a place or two, you'll end up in front when the AI pits. I'm not sure who's tune I used for it but i think it might have been exeter. fm1 all the way and change tires and fuel around lap 8.

The comments below reminded me - it's @Badfish 2 tune that I used. What a blast, thanks for making a killer tune for this grind!

Last edited:
Or way easier, the Lambo you hate.🤣

It’s useless for me at any higher PP level, but it’s like it’s designed for that race.

Man I wish you’d tune it. It could be like the Tomahawk was, but without cheating.

Or way easier, the Lambo you hate.🤣

It’s useless for me at any higher PP level, but it’s like it’s designed for that race.

Man I wish you’d tune it. It could be like the Tomahawk was, but without cheating.
You talking about the Veneno? My first non-Tommy win at Tokyo was with your tune. I still feel I could easily win with that setup.

I've had great success with a couple variations of F1's tunes (I have heard these were based on Pra's Huracan tune, can't confirm) for 700+ at Sarthe, Sardegna & Spa, but I agree, there's room for improvement there and I do believe it can be a world-beater.

Last edited:
You talking about the Veneno? My first non-Tommy win at Tokyo was with your tune. I still feel I could easily win with that setup.

I've had great success with a couple variations of F1's tunes (I have heard these were based on Pra's Huracan tune, can't confirm) for 700+ at Sarthe, Sardegna & Spa, but I agree, there's room for improvement there and I do believe it can be a world-beater.
That’s awesome. I’m glad to hear that. I’m proud of that one, but I owe a lot of credit to @praiano63 for that one. Dumb luck too. I just combined a lot of what I read that’s available on here when you search and also some luck. It just works for that car. That car, which I mentioned previously is uncontrollable at higher hp.

That’s awesome. I’m glad to hear that. I’m proud of that one, but I owe a lot of credit to @praiano63 for that one. Dumb luck too. I just combined a lot of what I read that’s available on here when you search and also some luck. It just works for that car. That car, which I mentioned previously is uncontrollable at higher hp.
That tune was money and I really don't like Tokyo.

Did you check the 'Veneno Wars' thread? I found a beautiful workhorse personally.

That tune was money and I really don't like Tokyo.

Did you check the 'Veneno Wars' thread? I found a beautiful workhorse personally.
I believe I have read that thread on the Veneno.

I may have the tune that you refer to.

But to be 100% safe that I get the right one, would you be kind enough to post a link to the specific tune or a copy of it?

Hi! On this one, was there a gearbox setting?
I do not see one, but if is late and I am tired, maybe I am missing?
Or was stock setting used?
__________________________ 6h later ____________________________

But to be 100% safe that I get the right one, would you be kind enough to post a link to the specific tune or a copy of it?
Are you waking up ? Or a lot of coffee ? :lol::lol:😴😴

I'm done for today:

FYKmtM2WYAExMhV.jpg

Last edited:

I can't figure out how to link to a specific post. Which PP did you want? If it's the Tokyo one, I believe that's the one you said had too much understeer.

I can't figure out how to link to a specific post. Which PP did you want? If it's the Tokyo one, I believe that's the one you said had too much understeer.
Then that is the one. I previously tested in on a 700 uptune for LeMans. I will test it for Tokyo.

Then that is the one. I previously tested in on a 700 uptune for LeMans. I will test it for Tokyo.
The Tokyo and Sarthe tunes are very different. I'm trying to put one together where the driving characteristics are the 'same' regardless of PP. I've got some tunes penciled out, but haven't tried them yet.

The Tokyo (Badfish) tune has tons of power, maybe even more than the Sarthe tune. I'm just trying to get creative enough to drop the ride height substantially and maintain that power.

Last edited:
Ford Focus RS '18 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Tracks

This car can be used at 700PP with all engine tuning options and racing hard tires.

Wide Car
Rims up to you
Width Wide - Offset Wide

View attachment 1175083View attachment 1175084

To set the gearbox build your own for any track

View attachment 1175085View attachment 1175086

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
This car, maxed to 700pp is funny and perfect for Le Mans. Thanks, Praiano!!!

The Tokyo and Sarthe tunes are very different. I'm trying to put one together where the driving characteristics are the 'same' regardless of PP. I've got some tunes penciled out, but haven't tried them yet.

The Tokyo (Badfish) tune has tons of power, maybe even more than the Sarthe tune. I'm just trying to get creative enough to drop the ride height substantially and maintain that power.
I will definitively try the Veneno in Tokyo! Just need to get over the bump in my self confidence Tokyo has given me! :-)

But the Nissan '97, one of the 4WD, at least enabled me to do a couple of laps without penalties! :-)

This car can be used at 700PP with all engine tuning options and racing hard tires.

Wide Car
Rims up to you
Width Wide - Offset Wide

View attachment 1175083View attachment 1175084

To set the gearbox build your own for any track

View attachment 1175085View attachment 1175086

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
For 700pp. If you maximise "Power" and "Output", it looks to me like you get room for Racing Soft. Do not know if that is good or bad though if you for example should run LeMans 700.

EDIT - ADDITION - AFTER LEMANS 700 RACE:
Yes, you do get room for Racing Soft, if you want to prioritize.
With FM6 you get 3 laps, and can do a 2 stop strategy, if you want to run it like that.
Not the fastest car. But with this tune, a nice drive!

Last edited:
RUF CTR3 '07 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Around setting

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Strange, I had the sheet labeled ‘No LM’ and I can’t figure out why. Mine was fully built, but managed 3 laps at FM6 and 2 laps at 3 (well, 1 lap at 3 and 1 lap at 2, so call it FM2.5, lol) Excellent cornering and really good brakes, but the top end leaves a bit to be desired. I’ll probably tinker with the gearbox a bit to see if I can improve the acceleration, watching the car top out in 6th 2/3 of the way through the tach makes me think it has some potential for improvement. I had the box set up all screwy, so she probably deeaves a full retest, not today though. Wet track performance is a bit of a let-down, but whatever. Forgot I came it at the end of L2 until I was halfway through L6, so my pit strategy was off and I sat at the finish line until the timer 0’d. Best lap would’ve been about 4:20, with better weather, probably around 4:15.

((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Brilliant, lovely, there aren’t enough superlatives to describe this combination of car and tune. Its definitely in my favorites now. I up-tuned her for Sarthe, had zero problems with her and am actually excited to run her at Tokyo in the future!

CBC49D38-DB38-4036-A27E-1A46295E26D4.jpeg

Last edited:
Mr. P! Amazing tune! Raced it tonight and enjoyed it immensely. Great in the wet too! Raced the Focus also, and success!

I was browsing through new Ford and Dodge cars, then noticed Eckert, a company in Oregon, USA. They make a car called a Mach Forty..... yeah, sounds pretentious. But what it is, a 1969 Mustang Boss 302, with the engine out of the Ford GT complete with blower, mounted midships......Yikes! If you look straight down at the back window, there it is, the monster engine with the supercharger and a mounted plaque, "Mach Forty".

My first Mustang was a 1970 Boss 302 so I was quite taken with this M40 car. I bought it, painted it a deep metallic blue, and tried to get some weight off of it but was not allowed. It weighs 3500 lbs!!! Dang! However it is blessed with 787 horsepower so maybe, just maybe, this could be a runner! Have a look at it, see what you think.
Cheers, and thanks again, Pete

Ferrari 330 P4 '67 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks (Le Mans)

Lap under 4:10 easy and steady on Le Mans dry track.

View attachment 1175346View attachment 1175347

To set the gearbox , just set each gear like showed for Le Mans.

View attachment 1175348View attachment 1175349View attachment 1175350View attachment 1175351

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
As always, a real pleasure and enjoy being able to drive these machines with your setups. Thanks, Praiano!!!

Another thing, do you plan to setup the Lamborghini Countach LP400-74 that is now in legendary cars? They are about to get him out of there in one or two days. Thanks, Praiano!!!

Suzuka V6 Escudo Pikes Peak SP '98 - 800PP - Racing Hard tires - Sardinia event

Rims up to you - Width Wide - Offset Wide

Nothing terrific but better than stock and it's more adapted for the track.
I flat the power curve spreading it with limiter. You can brake very late end of straight , just don't perform heavy braking when you change of direction (chicane).
FM at 6 for 7 laps and 8 laps only gas , no tires. The car is 1:37 regular , better 1:36 in race mode .

View attachment 1164961View attachment 1164962

1- set auto speed at the minimum 320kmh
2-set the final gear to 2.830 for Le Mans event saving gas. Use lower final gear for more RPM and other power range.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1164963View attachment 1164964

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
"FM at 6 for 7 laps and 8 laps only gas , no tires. The car is 1:37 regular , better 1:36 in race mode ."

I did not get 8 laps in the second stint with FM6. I got 7, and would have needed a last stop for a splash of fuel, or driving the last third of the last lap in the "out of fuel slow mode".

Is this because I am a beginner, drive with the assists, and that this is slower and maybe consumes more fuel? Or maybe, just that I in that assisst mode run uneconomical?

Latest Posts

Back