PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,885 comments
Yes. Now the PP limit is not a problem. I’m trying your 700pp tunes in the HyperCar events where there’s no limit and is funny testing the street cars.
and i was wondering if it is possible to low a little the height and in which way

about the cake…
in Italy is: You want a full barrell and a drunk wife 😀
I'm having fun with the HyperCar events. It's an opportunity to find a better tune for a car and track without having to trade ride height for HP or any other ways to max performance for a PP level. Of course, you might win even easier at 705-720pp but you could have more fun.

I'm having fun with the HyperCar events. It's an opportunity to find a better tune for a car and track without having to trade ride height for HP or any other ways to max performance for a PP level. Of course, you might win even easier at 705-720pp but you could have more fun.
Yes.
The competitor is Lopez with the Aston Vulcan (757pp)
in the last lap he is a rocket
win with 700 pp is very hard
with 720 pp is an easy win
I gonna try 705 710 and 715

Honda NSX Type R '92 - 550PP - Sport tires - All around
THIS, tuned-up to 700. Its been awhile since I drove it, but she did not disappoint me in the slightest. The weather tricked me on to IM’s with a phantom cloud that never hit the track, else I would I have been in the 30:10 overall range.

A54B1FA5-A8ED-4D7B-8699-724AC9910AD4.jpeg

The GrB rally car is absolutely dominant at the 30 min Le Mans race. It’s my main money maker. You just have to learn to ease into the brakes. I have so many miles on it. I’m trying to figure out how many miles before I need an engine overhaul.

Last edited:
The GrB rally car is absolutely dominant at the 30 min Le Mans race. It’s my main money maker. You just have to learn to ease into the brakes. I have so many miles on it. I’m trying to figure out how many miles before I need an engine overhaul.
Once it starts smoking is a good rime to rebuild....😅

BMW M4 '14 - 600PP - Sport Soft tires - All track / Gears Nordschleife
New tune for my friend @B80 , a faster 600PP a lot more easy to manage at the limit anywhere. It's just my faster 600PP car on Nordschleife.
A real BOMB !! Tested with Medium tires also but the gain of power is not paying so much than this huge safe grip.

Wide Body

Rims 19" Rim Width Wide Offset Wide

Front A Side A Rear B Wing A

View attachment 1162657View attachment 1162658

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track 2.524 exemple for Nordschleife.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1162659View attachment 1162660View attachment 1162661

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
What is this picture of lap times with different days? Does it keep times somewhere?

A couple cars that I see rarely get used but make the Sarthe race ez the Aston Martin Dp-100 and the Alpine vgt not the gr1

Attachments

• C301B51A-758B-40EE-8169-42060EE43BE9.jpeg
    C301B51A-758B-40EE-8169-42060EE43BE9.jpeg
    72.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 3C6EDEBB-36F0-4281-AE68-622CFF935FED.jpeg
    3C6EDEBB-36F0-4281-AE68-622CFF935FED.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 47
De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 600PP - Sport Soft Tires - All around
A real pilot car. Not a nasty car , safe but have some brutals reactions if overdrived , luckly the car give some advise before it turn worst. I love to drive it anywhere. Great precision , obey any inputs in a milisecond.
Great car.

NO Wide body , thanks god , it's horrible with it on.

Rims size 15" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front Standard - Wing A

View attachment 1139127View attachment 1139128

1- set auto speed at the minimum 200kmh
2-set the final gear to approximate the top speed you need in last gear for given track or 3.421 for Suzuka in this picture.
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.
View attachment 1139129View attachment 1139130View attachment 1139131

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Maestro,
This evening, I dropped the fabled Ford Coyote engine into the De Tomaso Pantera. I read somewhere online that it was compatible. The Coyote engine is powerful and weighs 105lbs less than the stock 351. With just the 3 bolt-ons and a new ECU, the HP came out around 500 !?!? So, for a test drive I entered into a Sardegna Sport race and promptly spun out twice in a row after the hairpin at the bottom of the home straight. (first lap) The power delivery and weight difference are working against me here. I was at a loss to know how to tackle this, what with the weight distribution of 41/59. I guess I changed that ratio somewhat with the mid mounted engine, although the car's tuning sheet did not change those numbers.
What would you suggest to calm this down a bit, suspension wise. The both times I lost it, I was unable to salvage control and bashed into the fence rail. The car felt like it was on rails, until it wasn't?!?!
Thanks for reading this, Oh yeah, I was on Race Hards.
Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
A question Praiano. With the BMW M3 in Alsace, when you go out standing, as the first gear is very long, other cars are ahead of you at the start. During the race it's great but at the start it penalizes you something. What can you do, teacher?

Maestro,
This evening, I dropped the fabled Ford Coyote engine into the De Tomaso Pantera. I read somewhere online that it was compatible. The Coyote engine is powerful and weighs 105lbs less than the stock 351. With just the 3 bolt-ons and a new ECU, the HP came out around 500 !?!? So, for a test drive I entered into a Sardegna Sport race and promptly spun out twice in a row after the hairpin at the bottom of the home straight. (first lap) The power delivery and weight difference are working against me here. I was at a loss to know how to tackle this, what with the weight distribution of 41/59. I guess I changed that ratio somewhat with the mid mounted engine, although the car's tuning sheet did not change those numbers.
What would you suggest to calm this down a bit, suspension wise. The both times I lost it, I was unable to salvage control and bashed into the fence rail. The car felt like it was on rails, until it wasn't?!?!
Cheers, Pete
It's a good news. I saw it in the list now , i don't remember to see it last time i've checked it there . I'll check the car later for sure.

Ford
  • Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • DeTomaso Pantera '71
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  • V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test (Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car)
    • Ford Focus RS '18

A question Praiano. With the BMW M3 in Alsace, when you go out standing, as the first gear is very long, other cars are ahead of you at the start. During the race it's great but at the start it penalizes you something. What can you do, teacher?
You can use only 5 gears , 1st only for pit out at the good speed ,
set 2d gear at 149 kmh
set 6th gear at 260 kmh
Spread 3d 4th and 5th gear between 2d and 6th

Another point in my settings , i had to conserve a very high rear ride height to give stability to the car. This is totally against the law of physics. Weird point of GT7 physics in this case.

Maestro,
Cheers, Pete
FYI, this car/tune at 700 without the engine swap is sheer brilliance. I’m waiting on the UCD so that I have one to try the swap with as I don’t want to touch what is already perfection.

De Tomaso Pantera '71 - 700PP - racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - Swap Engine 1.32

Engine swap Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)

Very Wide car
Rims size up to you
Width wide
Offset wide
Wing custom

4:00 regular on Le Mans / dry track at FM5 . Very fast anywhere .

d1.jpg
d2.jpg
d3.jpg
d4.jpg

d5.jpg
d6.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
Depending of the track and the kind of cars / engine. Restrictor favorite torque instead ECU power.

For a low torque engine car on a slow turns (hairpins) circuit , best option is restrictor.
For fast track with medium / fasr turns with long straight , better ECU and more power.
This is very helpful, that I missed when this was first posted. On Maggorrie I tried it on a few cars and the trade off was worth it. On the beetle I lost 20hp but gained like 75ft pounds of torque and that really helps on the 3 tight turns.

Mr. Praiano appreciate all your hard work and commitment. Donation sent $$

I think it just need a bit more accel to make it viable in WTC800 on Sadegna at least
Bought one last night, looking at trying it at sardenga. Bought it in the hope it will do the neo classic willow springs race, had no chance in my escudo. Do agree with the acceleration though not tried it in live race yet.

Last edited:
FYI, this car/tune at 700 without the engine swap is sheer brilliance. I’m waiting on the UCD so that I have one to try the swap with as I don’t want to touch what is already perfection.
I know, I know! I was also waiting for another Pantera but I got impatient, and I figured if the swapped PP was similar (and it was) then what could possibly go wrong, and the car would be 100 lbs lighter. Win, win right? Well, hmmmm. maybe not. I am sure the Maestro will solve this!

Edit: He did just that....AMAZING!
Thank you Sir Laurant.

Last edited:
Praiano means "the people who live and work on the beach" and become my nick name here in GTPlanet since 2009.

Real life , my real garage with no real car at all , where i started building a real pizza wooden oven in 2014 together with my 2 sons , the older who is now a real top pizzaiolo in europe.

Just to show a piece of my real life to all the GTplayers in GTplanet who help me so much to buy my PS5 and TV.

I couldn't play GT without the support of all of you . Thanks a lot for your help.

View attachment 1169879View attachment 1169880
View attachment 1169878
Congrats! I would have already been bored and tired if not for the tunes and skins for the cars. Thank you!

I got tricked onto IM’s again though, stupid weather.
Are you using the mfd with the weather map? I try to set my fuel map, and then scroll to weather, and zoom out to the 50m, to have enough time to predict my pit strategy. For some reason, the rain always magically comes around usually right before your passing pit, if its patchy, and not all blue, stay on RH, sometimes you can get another lap before it gets heavy.

I hear you on the weather trickery, nothing like seeing all blue as you enter pits, and as you come out its clear after, and your milking tread life riding on track edges trying to stay in wet stuff because you cant afforrd another 35sec pit delay..🤣🤣

Are you using the mfd with the weather map? I try to set my fuel map, and then scroll to weather, and zoom out to the 50m, to have enough time to predict my pit strategy. For some reason, the rain always magically comes around usually right before your passing pit, if its patchy, and not all blue, stay on RH, sometimes you can get another lap before it gets heavy.

I hear you on the weather trickery, nothing like seeing all blue as you enter pits, and as you come out its clear after, and your milking tread life riding on track edges trying to stay in wet stuff because you cant afforrd another 35sec pit delay..🤣🤣
Oh yea, I keep it fully zoomed out. I have noticed that it behaves better when I keep the weather map up as opposed to having someone else on the HUD, but maybe that’s just a placebo effect.

It got me in all 4 races yesterday like that, it was sooo frustrating. I cry every time, lol.

About your use of ECU vs. Restrictor, I always seem to get better numbers in the tuning sheets when I turn it down with the Restrictor. Is there something unseen going on that benefits turning the ECU down despite the better numbers ‘on paper’?
This is a great point! I just happened to find this and tried this method on the Gr Beetle, Gr BRZ, GR Jag and Gr AM and they lost some HP but gained a massive amount of torque!! Thanks for the "sleeper tip"

Funny is I had thought about it, but never tried....now I know...

Back