PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,890 comments
I agree with you. Perfect driving, but i am an Alfa driver and lover...
Maxxi, I retry in english - italian answer was banned.
I think I know what you mean.
the problem with the tunes by Praiano is that the cars have the same behaviour: a lot of grip and no surprises.
praiano you are the best, you know.
what I would say is that with your tunes I have the same approach with a Porsche, a Ferrari and with a 4wd Lambo (street cars): I know I have to brake 150 meters before the turn and the car will be on a railway.
Maybe is this the sense of MAXXI answer: in this case we lost the Alfa Spirit, something wild in the driving experience.

here the B80 answer, I agree with him
i play after work and i have no time for tuning
praiano is the answer, especially with undriveble stock cars
the Alfa stock had big problem with the stability when braking.

“Yeah I know what you mean, but still need degree of care with the masters tunes. The GTAm will still wipe you out, if hitting accelerator to hard/quickly for sure, like most the other tunes of his I've used. Assume you just abs full, everything else OFF.

The tunes work very well for me, as 1) I don;t have enough inclination/brain power to spend time tweeking cars - just looks like a headache to me, although I'd love to learn it at some point (if I had time and energy by the time I get behind the wheel, usually after 9pm...)

But did wonder how much the 'soul' of each car is diminished with extreme tuning. I'm not enough of a motoring purist, but can understand it may bother some. I prefer degree of safety v frustration of keeping a car on the track, that can feel like an ice rink at stock. Thats another good thing about @praiano63 , he's declared many times that he'll usually sacrifice ultimate power, to make car exicting/enjoyable/feel good to drive, which I like.

I did try just upgrading tyres (within reason, so no racing softs on road cars for example) and racing brakes/pads recently and leaving all else stock on some cars recently and that seemed to work well for me too, in terms of keeping soul/individuality of each car, whilst making it more manageable/safe and less frustrating. May revisit that more too.

Since March I've played a lot, but probably only driven 30 cars, and not many excessively. I'm probably not enough of motor racing purist/fan with strong depth of knowledge/experience to be able to say if the tunes do make the cars handle similarly. Perhaps others can confirm how much of their 'soul' is retained with excessive tuning, or if similar bracket cars all end up behaving similar as a result (when tuned by same person)?

Plus, strong rumours of cars being 'broken' at stock, at least in early months of game, not sure ifthats been mitigated with all the updates. Not much fan declaring you're a purist driving all cars stock, but in reality they may handle like garbage, without some/extreme tuning to make them performant.”

McLaren MP4-12C '10 - 600PP - Sport Hard Tires - All track / Tokyo - 1.34

Wide car
Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Parts:
Front A
Side A
Wing Custom

Top car on Tokyo event .The gear have a long configuration because you have to shift at 7700RPM , after this the power drop a lot so you have to stay in this RPM range. It stay in the mid of the RPM bar on the dashboard.
You can use Sport medium for turny slow track that a lot of grip.

m1.jpeg
m2.jpeg
m3.jpeg
m4.jpeg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Last edited:
I get 606.10pp with these settings and I have triple checked them.
McLaren MP4-12C '10 - 600PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track / Tokyo - 1.27

Parts:
Front A
Side A
Wing Custom

Top car on Tokyo event , you can pass 1st 1 lap safely and cruze at 2:07 safely to avoid colisions to keep the bonus credit at the end.
The gear have a long configuration because you have to shift at 8000RPM , after this the power drop a lot so you have to stay in this RPM range. It stay in the mid of the RPM bar on the dashboard.

View attachment 1216916View attachment 1216917View attachment 1216918View attachment 1216919View attachment 1216920

McLaren MP4-12C '10 - 600PP - Racing Hard Tires - All track / Tokyo - 1.27

Parts:
Front A
Side A
Wing Custom

Top car on Tokyo event , you can pass 1st 1 lap safely and cruze at 2:07 safely to avoid colisions to keep the bonus credit at the end.
The gear have a long configuration because you have to shift at 8000RPM , after this the power drop a lot so you have to stay in this RPM range. It stay in the mid of the RPM bar on the dashboard.

View attachment 1216916View attachment 1216917View attachment 1216918View attachment 1216919View attachment 1216920

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
I get 606.10pp with these settings. I have triple checked the settings.
>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

I 've finished the Porsche cup right now and i did a tune for the GT3 RS , it's a fantastic battle with another '09 model on wet or wet. Perfect drive. With a Wide body....:D;)🧐😮‍💨

Check the car i'm going to publish right now. I'm in love with it , what a driving line , grip , sane.... A great pleasure for the cup.
Sorry to jump in on ur convo🤜🏻🤛🏽, but
Porsche GT3 RS (991) '16 - 700 PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.25

It's not a Wide car but you can use it , up to you , it will increase around 4 PP and lose HP for same 700PP. The grip is already fantastic this way in my opinion.
Front St
Side St
Rear St
Wing A

New tune 1.25 , it seems the brand was punished , i don't know if Porsche didn't pay his last rent to PD , but the car for same 700PP lost a lot of power now , i had to take out the rear diffuser and i have to add some weight to compense the tragic lack of power.
By luck the superior grip is still there and his sharp drivability too. Just for test , i did a test on 600PP on Tokyo rain with same settings , to have a performance car with a top speed of 300 kmh , i had to use comfort medium on it. The car was still takind the bends as sharp as the others top cars. Amazing.
You don't need to use all the weight reductions , just place the ballast a way to respect the same front / rear weight repartition 41/59

The car is 6:33 on Nordschleife 5 seconds faster than Cayman GT4 and 5 seconds slower than Audi R8 both at 700PP.
Sorry to jump in on your conversation, but I really would like a link to VGT settings again yes again lol, because I'm a bloody plum and didn't save link, also I have a lot of engines and have no idea which car to put them in🤯, any help or advice would be much appreciated but I don't have 5 dollllar to looovve you loong time lol(old vietnam war film qoute). Happy Christmas though fella.

Here is the thread for the engine swaps.

Ferrari F430 '06 - 700PP - Racing Hard or Sport Soft Tires - All Around

Wide body car.

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

Top 2 cars at 600PP , i've decided to set a 700PP because i havo too much 600PP in my garage.
A bit wild with Sport tires but it's ok. With Racing tires the car is really fast , excelent grip , way faster than my chevrolet C6 '09 on the Nordschleife. Surely a good reference.

View attachment 1148855View attachment 1148856

To build the manual fully custom gearbox do like this.
1st : Bring the top speed to minimum full left 200 kmh
2d: set every individual gears from 6th to 1st at the ratios writen on the sheet
3rd: Set the final gear ratio to 3.140
For any other faster or slower track , set the final gear the way you want. You'll need after to add or take out some power with the help ECU limiter. Messing with the gearbox change your PP . For Nordschleife for example you need a top speed at 335 kmh

View attachment 1148857View attachment 1148858

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Not bad for a tune that's over 6 months old!

F44DB16C-C6DF-43F7-B9BC-5EC9CA40356E.jpeg

Sorry to jump in on ur convo🤜🏻🤛🏽, but

Sorry to jump in on your conversation, but I really would like a link to VGT settings again yes again lol, because I'm a bloody plum and didn't save link, also I have a lot of engines and have no idea which car to put them in🤯, any help or advice would be much appreciated but I don't have 5 dollllar to looovve you loong time lol(old vietnam war film qoute). Happy Christmas though fella.
Sorry but i don't have the porsche VGT in my garage yet. I've tested it a few monthes ago it wasn't good . The fixed downforce don't help to find a good balance too.
I installed the wide body and parts, but it only dropped from 606.10 to 605.22. All the rest of the base performance stats match.
It have to match , you can see the numbers in my tune sheet. I don't know.

Sorry but i don't have the porsche VGT in my garage yet. I've tested it a few monthes ago it wasn't good . The fixed downforce don't help to find a good balance too.

It have to match , you can see the numbers in my tune sheet. I don't know.
I even tried a new settings sheet and it still does not match. It might have something to do with how PD is converting something between regions. Thanks.

I installed the wide body and parts, but it only dropped from 606.10 to 605.22. All the rest of the base performance stats match.
... had the same problem. I think, it's a bug.
Try to set rims and wing to standard and then set wing and rims to the values, they should be.
Worked in my case.

Regards
M

Bugatti Chiron '16 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - Nordschleife - 1.27

Rim Width Wide
Parts:
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

Due to the poor downforce on this car , it's impossible to turn this car drivable and pleasant at 800PP or more. It move as a Samba dancer all the time due to the excess of power.
A simple rear diffuser would be the best quick solution for PD . I would love to see this part added during the next 1.28.

At 700PP it's a beast on Nordschleife , top 2 or 3 cars in this range. Excelent easy very fast drive.

b1.jpg
b12.jpg
b2.jpg
b3.jpg

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Rim Width Wide
Parts:
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

Due to the poor downforce on this car , it's impossible to turn this car drivable and pleasant at 800PP or more. It move as a Samba dancer all the time due to the excess of power.
A simple rear diffuser would be the best quick solution for PD . I would love to see this part added during the next 1.28.

At 700PP it's a beast on Nordschleife , top 2 or 3 cars in this range. Excelent easy very fast drive.

View attachment 1217254View attachment 1217255View attachment 1217256View attachment 1217257

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Is this car good for Le Mans wtc 700? Or too much fuel consumption?

Rim Width Wide
Parts:
Front B
Side A
Wing Custom

View attachment 1217254View attachment 1217255View attachment 1217256View attachment 1217257

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Nice :)

018D2882-14A1-4EF2-9552-C9B583C2E298.jpeg

This tune works very well for the 13 GTS viper. I put stage 3 weight, all engine upgrades, racing trans with default gearing. Also lower the car by 10 on front and rear. At 800pp I was pleasantly surprised at how well it handles the power around Nordschleife. Just thought I’d share my findings.
@praiano63 Could you take a look again at tunings for the Viper models at some point in the future? Im an looking for tuning options on the Gr4 variant and the '13 model desperately.

Thanks in advance.

@praiano63 Could you take a look again at tunings for the Viper models at some point in the future? Im an looking for tuning options on the Gr4 variant and the '13 model desperately.

Thanks in advance.
The viper '02 and '06 are excelent cars. The '02 is already updated. About the '13 it's a broken car bad buid from PD .

Shelby Cobra 427 '66 - 600PP - Sport Medium tires - All tracks

Wide Car
Rims (Up to you) Width Wide Offset Wide
Wing Custom

I was doing another Tokyo rain setting , on sport hard , very fun and tricky , but when i was driving the car to finish on the Nordschleife , it was so fun and good to drive that i did a tune for it on medium tires. You can fight with any top 5 600PP cars around the green hell.

View attachment 1166091View attachment 1166092

1- set auto speed at the minimum 250kmh
2-set the final gear to 3.035
3- set each gear ratio beginning from the last gear to first gear in this order.
Done.

View attachment 1166093View attachment 1166094View attachment 1166095View attachment 1166096

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Do you have a full blown race tune?

Back