PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,831 comments
Have you happened to try out the Willys Jeep with the Hellcat swap? I've been revisiting it lately and it's a lot of fun at 600pp.
186d8d03bd629-screenshotUrl.jpg
186d8d01fcf46-screenshotUrl.jpg
186d8d01fcf29-screenshotUrl.jpg

This is the rough setup I've been using. It's a bit of a handful to drive still. Stability during faster corners and under braking is a bit of an issue. I'm curious if those are characteristics you're able to get under control.

Have you happened to try out the Willys Jeep with the Hellcat swap? I've been revisiting it lately and it's a lot of fun at 600pp.
View attachment 1239357View attachment 1239358View attachment 1239359
This is the rough setup I've been using. It's a bit of a handful to drive still. Stability during faster corners and under braking is a bit of an issue. I'm curious if those are characteristics you're able to get under control.
There’s even a glitched tune setup, 599 pp 878hp and 975kg 😅 a bit unfair but you can surprise your friends in a lobby 🤣

Hello Maestro,

There is a new interesting thread:

"One car to rule them all..."​

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/one-car-to-rule-them-all.417531/

"We all know of the 4 grind races: Tokyo WTC600, Le Sarthe WTC700, Sardegna WTC800 and Spa WTC800. These 4 races all have many dominant cars that can be used to win, but are there any cars in the game can win all 4 of them?"

I think your tuned Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 with the 787B Engine swap is a possible candidate. Is a competitive 600 tune for this car possible?
Or do you have a better candidate? 🙂

Do you mean a tune like this one?

anyone tried the suspension and diff settings for the new time trial?
I've managed a 1.29. 538, in about 5 laps, using the suspension settings and max downforce. I used Mistah MCAs video diff settings of 5, 8 and 5 as limited to much less power than Prianio's build.

+2.91%, so unlikely to be gold at the end of the day and will need to improve by a second or so I'd guess.

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for this extensive tuning guide. I really appreciate it!

I have a question that I couldn't find answered in this thread.

Both the BMW 3.0CSL 73 and the GReddy Fugu have the custom wing listed, but GT Auto-> Custom Parts states for both "There are not available parts that can be fitted on your current car"

I guess I'm missing something fairly obvious? Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I’m wondering if anyone here is as obsessed with running time trials on Spa as me and my two mates..

Managed my best lap this week in the Peugeot 908 HDi. But I’m not sure I have the gearbox optimised for Spa. I tried copying a Spa gearbox from another tune here. But then realised I was trying to transpose a 5 speed gearbox to a 6. I made an educated guess; it didn’t seem to make things worse, but whether drivability was improved 🤷‍♂️

We’re interested in pushing the limits. I should probably try TC=0 and a manual gearbox. If anyone has any other suggestions, I’d be happy to hear them.

I hope this isn’t off-topic; it is mostly a tuning query.

Saw people online in SF19 race - someone bagged a 1:46. How??

A6EB32D9-9176-494A-9B31-0802320879F2.jpeg

Ferrari F50 '95 - 700 PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.26

You don't need all the weight reduction like i did , with some weight on , the car is faster at least on Nordschleife or any fast turny track. That's why i add some ballast on it after some test.

Rims 18" - Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Rear Standard

View attachment 1214125View attachment 1214126View attachment 1214127View attachment 1214128

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Hello brains trust! I'm hoping someone can provide some insight into a question which has been haunting me.

I'm a recent lurker, returning to the franchise after getting my PS5. My last GT game was GT4 😅 I've recently discovered these incredible tunes and am very grateful for them!

I've recently started grinding credits on Le Mans WTC700, and first built the Lambo Diablo to Praiano's specifications. I loved it, it became a sudden favourite, but the F50 came into stock so I used this tune too.

The problem is, I just can't win with it. I can't even do well. I can get past about half the pack and I gain on the straights but just barely. Any time I make up there I lose again on corners. Some turns are a nightmare, the car feels like it's fighting me.

I have some theories but does anyone have any idea on why the F50 is just not working for me like this? Any help ia greatly appreciated!

Ford Mustang GT '15 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Tracks - 1.27

Wide body.

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide

Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

View attachment 1220484View attachment 1220485View attachment 1220486View attachment 1220487

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
added racing intercooler, racing muffler, racing manifold, adjusted the power output and power restrictor. Front wing to max rear wing to 210.

On my second lap, i managed 1.28.8.
On my second account, first lap i managed 1.28.0

The car is so stable with this setup. Thanks a lot @praiano63 Easy 2m credit

Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18 - 700PP - Racing Medium Tires - SWAP - All track - 1.27

SWAP ENGINE - LT5-Corvette C7
Wide car
Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Parts:
Front A
Side A
Rear B
Wing Custom

Like most SWAP Engine , there is a bug on the PP system. The good point is that the car is very good. Just take care about the wheel spin accelerating till 3rd gear.
For Le Mans , you can do 2 laps around 3:42 at FM6
On Nordschleife , this is my faster car there. Of course , with 1006 HP.... some good performances.

View attachment 1217387View attachment 1217388View attachment 1217389View attachment 1217390

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

This is such a freakin' beast!!! Had an amazing sesh with it yesterday.

Ferrari F430 '06 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All Track - 1.27

Wide body car.

Rims size 19" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side A - Wing Custom

View attachment 1217294View attachment 1217295View attachment 1217296View attachment 1217297

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
This one too. So much fun.

Last edited:
I wish I could say I thought it was easy, as I've now had probably 40 laps and can only get to 1.28.9, which beats Kie25, so must be ok, but is only just a 1.28. I guess this will remain gold, so will leave it there. The tune borrows from Priano's and Mistah's. By ditching the supercharger and intercooler you can up the torque to 58. The reduced rear down force allow for better rotation. The suspension allows for a much more stable drive than Mistah's. Gl and hope it helps.

Attachments

• IMG_20230317_121906.jpg
    IMG_20230317_121906.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20230317_121924.jpg
    IMG_20230317_121924.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20230317_121940.jpg
    IMG_20230317_121940.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Is this car good for Le Mans wtc 700? Or too much fuel consumption?
The Veyron can win Le Mans in pretty much stock trim, so I would imagine the Chiron is similar.

Veyron can just manage 2 laps on FM6 meaning you need 3 pitstops and one flying lap on FM1

Chevrolet Corvette (C2) '63 - 700PP - Racing Hard Tires - All tracks - 1.27

Wide body
Rims Up to you / Width wide / Offset Wide

View attachment 1225790View attachment 1225791View attachment 1225792View attachment 1225793

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
I got the '63 Corvette from the LCD recently and finally applied this tune to it and ran it on LeMans. Fun tune! Even with the extreme suspension setting, it's a bit sloshy, but it's fun to throw around the curves if you're careful.

It is a bit of a gas guzzler - so this was my strategy. I generally apply a 2/3/2 strategy on LeMans, with tires dependent on conditions

For fuel, on the groups of 2 laps I used FM3, and for the set of 3, FM5 worked with a little bit of short shifting around 6800-7000 RPM.

For me the wins were closer than usual, but only because yesterday there was very little rain.
Hello brains trust! I'm hoping someone can provide some insight into a question which has been haunting me.

I'm a recent lurker, returning to the franchise after getting my PS5. My last GT game was GT4 😅 I've recently discovered these incredible tunes and am very grateful for them!

I've recently started grinding credits on Le Mans WTC700, and first built the Lambo Diablo to Praiano's specifications. I loved it, it became a sudden favourite, but the F50 came into stock so I used this tune too.

The problem is, I just can't win with it. I can't even do well. I can get past about half the pack and I gain on the straights but just barely. Any time I make up there I lose again on corners. Some turns are a nightmare, the car feels like it's fighting me.

I have some theories but does anyone have any idea on why the F50 is just not working for me like this? Any help ia greatly appreciated!
@Swordsman95, I never played GT4, but I've read that many people think it was the best in the series. I started with GT5 Prologue and just recently returned myself with the PS5/GT7.

I haven't purchased the F50 yet and was debating it. Now you've got me curious so I may have to pull the trigger.

I can't help you with the F50 but there are many fantastic 700pp tunes in this thread that work very well on LeMans; in fact most of them, including the '63 Corvette which I wrote about above.

If I decide to splurge and get the F50 this weekend and try it on LeMans, I'll let you know what my experience is. (I really love Ferraris and part of me wants to collect them all, so we'll see)

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for this extensive tuning guide. I really appreciate it!

I have a question that I couldn't find answered in this thread.

Both the BMW 3.0CSL 73 and the GReddy Fugu have the custom wing listed, but GT Auto-> Custom Parts states for both "There are not available parts that can be fitted on your current car"

I guess I'm missing something fairly obvious? Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Thanks
The wing is available on both cars. Just click on "wing".

I got the '63 Corvette from the LCD recently and finally applied this tune to it and ran it on LeMans. Fun tune! Even with the extreme suspension setting, it's a bit sloshy, but it's fun to throw around the curves if you're careful.

It is a bit of a gas guzzler - so this was my strategy. I generally apply a 2/3/2 strategy on LeMans, with tires dependent on conditions

For fuel, on the groups of 2 laps I used FM3, and for the set of 3, FM5 worked with a little bit of short shifting around 6800-7000 RPM.

For me the wins were closer than usual, but only because yesterday there was very little rain.

@Swordsman95, I never played GT4, but I've read that many people think it was the best in the series. I started with GT5 Prologue and just recently returned myself with the PS5/GT7.

I haven't purchased the F50 yet and was debating it. Now you've got me curious so I may have to pull the trigger.

I can't help you with the F50 but there are many fantastic 700pp tunes in this thread that work very well on LeMans; in fact most of them, including the '63 Corvette which I wrote about above.

If I decide to splurge and get the F50 this weekend and try it on LeMans, I'll let you know what my experience is. (I really love Ferraris and part of me wants to collect them all, so we'll see)
So an update!: I may be an idiot. The problem was with, all all things, fuel mapping. I'm doing 3 laps then 2 stints of 2 with pits in between and I realised I was wasting a whole lap's worth of fuel on those last 2 stints. While the first 3 laps were on FM6, I could safely (with a little coasting) get 2 laps on FM2 for the last 4 laps of the course. It was still much closer than in the Diablo but definitely fun.

So if you're a Ferrari fan, nab yourself the F50, it's definitely worth it and a lot of fun! It's wild how much better it feels when it's closer to full power.

Last edited:
Ok so good news! I may be an idiot but the problem was my fuel map use.

So an update!: I may be an idiot. The problem was with, all all things, fuel mapping. I'm doing 3 laps then 2 stints of 2 with pits in between and I realised I was wasting a whole lap's worth of fuel on those last 2 stints. While the first 3 laps were on FM6, I could safely (with a little coasting) get 2 laps on FM2 for the last 4 laps of the course. It was still much closer than in the Diablo but definitely fun.

So if you're a Ferrari fan, nab yourself the F50, it's definitely worth it and a lot of fun! It's wild how much better it feels when it's closer to full power.

I thought I saw a tune for the McLaren F1 road car in the past but I can’t seem to find it anymore. I was wondering if there were any good wide body tunes for it then I might buy a duplicate while it is available.

Ok so good news! I may be an idiot but the problem was my fuel map use.

Yeah, you never want to pit more than twice on the LeMans race. LeMans is a long and slow pit, like Spa.

Anyway, I got the F50!! Very glad that I did. Fun car to throw around the track. Only tried it on LeMans but looking forward to trying it on some other tracks like Nordschleife.

Funny (stupid) thing happened during my race. I forgot to come into the pit at the end of lap 2 like I always do. Oops! I was going to start over, but I looked down and I had 20% fuel remaining, so I threw it in to FM6 and was able to get into the pits at the end of lap 3 with 2% fuel remaining. So then I thought to myself, I bet I could do the remaining 4 laps without a pit stop, and indeed I was. It had started raining so I put on IM tires and ran the rest of the race successfully on FM4 for a 1-pit race.

Ended up winning by 40 seconds. This race was very wet in the middle laps in comparison to my Corvette drive the other night so I think that helped with fuel consumption as well.

Tried another race with my normal 2-3-2 strategy and was able to run FM1 for the 2 lap sections and FM3 on the 3-lap section. This one was much drier, almost completely dry, so I won by a much smaller margin.

Fun car, and as usual, a great tune from @praiano63

Back