PRAIANO'S TUNES : SETTINGS FOR GT7

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 11,547 comments
Hi Praiano,

I really love all your tunes! I'm now basically driving a 30min Le Mans race every day, and I wonder whether you have some general rationale to down-tune a Gr.3 race car to 700PP, preferably adjusted to the Le Mans race? Right now your Gr.3 cars are all 730PP and 800PP (before this update), so I would be really glad if you could do that - I think it will make my circuit de Sarthe a lot smoother!

Thanks in advance!
J

Daam lol , i read your reply to Praiano63 regarding the Nissan R923 "92 new tune asking him if you can beat other players on online not A.I or Bots and I think to myself either this guy is a professional master top 10 player or he's a total retard.

Then i read this post and I just can't stop laughing man you know he is doing this for free and happily why can't you just say thank you for the efforts etc.

And who drives an AMG black series on Sardenia for especially for Fuel management?????

You know what's your thing regardless of all of that stuff?

You still didn't Thanked the Man aka "Praiano63" when you provided your feedback later.

Think he's long gone now... last post back in October. He did seem a bit of a character :D.

So , after a 1h test with my best and worst road and race cars , here is my first thoughts about 1.31.

ROAD CARS:Good news. Out of some PP change ,overall balance don't change in my opinion. All my after 1.23 -----1.30 tunes are still working very well. You just need to adjust the PP with the limiter or ballast. (if you set the new PP adding weight , check to conserve the same weight repartition with the help of the ballast position if needed.)

RACE CARS: I'll have to do all my race cars again. Some are showing understeer and FR cars mainly , MR are fantastic and stable now , Suzuka hairpin or last chicane at SPA are not a problem anymore.
PP also change a lot.

TIRE MODEL: I think it's the main change of this update. The lost of grip and also the grip recovery is now on a smaller scale.
The lost of grip is by half and happen very progressivelly , grip recovery is quicker....... In my opinion.

THROTTLE MAPPING: It's much more progressive than before. You need to press 3/4 of the throttle for 1/3 of the acceleration. A bit too much for my taste . I think i'll use a shorter course setting allowed in the options.

STILL HAVE TO TEST:
Ride height x Stability. It seems that road cars are a more stable even using low ride height. Need to check if the stiffness have influence on it now. Before 1.31 this parameters were totally mute .

G29 FFB: I can feel a few more bump and vibrations. It's easier now to print a clean racing line. The single rotation point seems more steady. Less random rotation messing with driving line.

So , after a 1h test with my best and worst road and race cars , here is my first thoughts about 1.31.

ROAD CARS:Good news. Out of some PP change ,overall balance don't change in my opinion. All my after 1.23 -----1.30 tunes are still working very well. You just need to adjust the PP with the limiter or ballast. (if you set the new PP adding weight , check to conserve the same weight repartition with the help of the ballast position if needed.)

RACE CARS: I'll have to do all my race cars again. Some are showing understeer and FR cars mainly , MR are fantastic and stable now , Suzuka hairpin or last chicane at SPA are not a problem anymore.
PP also change a lot.

TIRE MODEL: I think it's the main change of this update. The lost of grip and also the grip recovery is now on a smaller scale.
The lost of grip is by half and happen very progressivelly , grip recovery is quicker....... In my opinion.

THROTTLE MAPPING: It's much more progressive than before. You need to press 3/4 of the throttle for 1/3 of the acceleration. A bit too much for my taste . I think i'll use a shorter course setting allowed in the options.

STILL HAVE TO TEST:
Ride height x Stability. It seems that road cars are a more stable even using low ride height. Need to check if the stiffness have influence on it now. Before 1.31 this parameters were totally mute .

G29 FFB: I can feel a few more bump and vibrations. It's easier now to print a clean racing line. The single rotation point seems more steady. Less random rotation messing with driving line.

It's really good news that not all settings are broken. I suspect that it's an attempt to make the sport mode a little more demanding with these changed driving physics. Especially for racing cars. Thank you for this first analysis.

PP also change a lot.

STILL HAVE TO TEST:

I think having a low ride height still causes cars to be less stable and not have as much traction under acceleration... I need to do some further testing on my part though, but from my experience, raising the rear ride height allows me to be more aggressive with the throttle.

I just tested out one of my favorite and most used Praiano tunes, the 800PP 787B Sardegna tune. The PP has been reduced significantly, so I had to remove the ballast and set the power restrictor to 100%, as well as switch it from Racing Hards to Racing Softs. This brought it up to 793PP. As for the race, the car still performs very well. I bumped my TCS up by one and you just need to be a bit more delicate on the throttle at times (no more taking some of the corners flat out). I was seeing lap times around 4 seconds faster than before, for less PP. You can still do the race with a single stop strategy, but you will need to switch from FM1 to FM6 for the last two laps.

I think having a low ride height still causes cars to be less stable and not have as much traction under acceleration... I need to do some further testing on my part though, but from my experience, raising the rear ride height allows me to be more aggressive with the throttle.
The handling reminds me of Assetto Corsa Game.
The cars are very restless, you have to correct more.

With the new update, it feels like rake has a much less dramatic effect on race cars.

So high rake with min/max front/rear downforce now understeers like crazy (at least on RH tires). But at the same time, PP's dropped by a lot on these kinds of tunes to compensate.

Hopefully this might mean more "sane" setups in the future.

Last edited:
With the new update, it feels like rake has a much less dramatic effect on handling on race cars.

So high rake with min/max front/rear downforce now understeers like crazy (at least on RH tires). But at the same time, PP's dropped by a lot on these kinds of tunes to compensate.

I’ve noticed that the braking points are now earlier.Just did Sardegna and braking is definitely not as good.

Hi Praiano

I love your amazing tunes especially the one for the Alpine A220 Race Car that things is a rocket ship around Le Mans even after the new update, I Hope you do a tune for the Toyota Alphard, Would love to race it around a few tracks for a laugh 😂

Last edited:
AUDI R8 LMS EVO '19- 730PP - All tracks - 1.31
No more surprise with the front end during slow turns , the car remain very steady , it's a pleasure to drive MR race car now.
PP racing still need rake to be able to low front downforce , low PP ... more power instead. I was hoping PD would correct this problem ..... but not for this time. :lol:
At least the car is very performant and very pleasant to drive.
a1.jpg

For the 959, I used your Carrera GT ’04 tune:

My changes: Aero at 50-200, ballast 100 at -50, trans top gear to 340, 1st gear at 140, brake balance at -5.

It handles great, (wet or dry), except for some high-speed braking instability. Fine in a straight line, will swap ends if the wheels aren’t perfectly straight. I’m sure you can remedy this.

At LeMans, it’s a rocket, hitting 193 at FM6, 210 at FM1. Drinks gas- 2.3 laps at FM6. I used all the weight reductions, body rigidity, high rpm turbo, and the rest of the usual bolt-ons. No permanent engine mods.

Last edited:
With the new update, it feels like rake has a much less dramatic effect on race cars.

this is basically my experience, I used the 800pp 787b tune daily before this update it was excellent, now understeering badly. Hope for an updated tune soon, thank you in advanced Praiano

Alfa Romeo 4C '14 - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All Track - 1.25

Wide car.
Rims size up to you

Front A - Side A - Wing custom

Very good to race this car against Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71 , same performance on Nordschleife for example.
Top 5 cars at 600PP after this update 1.25

View attachment 1204875View attachment 1204876View attachment 1204877
Settings for Tokyo Rain with sport hard , more HP more Speed.
View attachment 1204878View attachment 1204879View attachment 1204880

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.
Do you have a tune for this at 700pp with the Ferrari engine swap?

Good luck with that seriously.

It's been over a month since I built this car.

It only do wheelies, that I can say.

Hi Praiano

I love your amazing tunes especially the one for the Alpine A220 Race Car that things is a rocket ship around Le Mans even after the new update, I Hope you do a tune for the Toyota Alphard, Would love to race it around a few tracks for a laugh 😂
I was drifting in a Japanese room with like 20 something players in Suzuka tracks , almost all of them were drifting with the Soccer Mom van and honestly, they were killing it.
It's something else

If all those changes are for a better game , i'll do all again with pleasure.
I'm going to test some cars right now. Let's see .
God Bless You Sir 🫡

B80
Think he's long gone now... last post back in October. He did seem a bit of a character :D.
Yeah I didn't noticed , I wasted my day going through my email and refreshng the forum waiting for his reply of something lol.

That person is really something else.

Who the F Even consider AMG black GTR as a Fuel Economic Ride for Sardenia????

And the other thing there are some people I stumbled across their comments on the Man "Praiano " they were like unbelievably disrespectful with their comments especially when the man post new AAA tune, like there is no way you could say it's a bad tune and they curse sometime or disrespect the Man in a way that I seriously thought no way this is real, like maybe they are buddys or something like that.

I mean really such comments or people should not pass that easy.

The man deserve our respect for all the trouble he gets making those amazing tune's.

I'm just doing what ever I can to try repay the Man for all the good he does.

It's kind of personal lol.

No more surprise with the front end during slow turns , the car remain very steady , it's a pleasure to drive MR race car now.
PP racing still need rake to be able to low front downforce , low PP ... more power instead. I was hoping PD would correct this problem ..... but not for this time. :lol:
View attachment 1244035

Tried these settings on the RS5. Best lap 3:34 so far Le Mans time trial with RS and medium turbo. Great fun too 🤩

PP also change a lot.

STILL HAVE TO TEST:

Just for sake of clarity, by "RACE CARS" you mean GRP 1/2/3/4 cars, right?
So basically - all old tunes for these cars need to be re-done, right?

Or are you saying that the MR ones are still ok?

View attachment 1244035
stock or type A on the rear? or it doesn't matter?

I don't have the engine.
Just for sake of clarity, by "RACE CARS" you mean GRP 1/2/3/4 cars, right?
So basically - all old tunes for these cars need to be re-done, right?

Or are you saying that the MR ones are still ok?
I have to test all the GR 1/2/3/4 cars .
MR cars gain much more rear end stability , till now they were mainly setted to not be so wild. (GR3 Lambo , Audi ...)
FR seems to be more lazy showing more light understeer. For example , all my FR GR3 cars pre 1.31 were able to turn 17 (Blanchimont) on SPA full gas . Now you can't.
I have to test more anyway.

Mercedes AMG SLS '10 - 700PP - 600PP - Sport Medium Tires - All tracks - 1.27

Wide car. Rims '19 , Rims width wide , Ofsett Wide.

Front A
Wing custom

You can use 3 configuration on the same tune. It work very well . Just set the gearbox you need for track and top speed.
Sport Hard for Tokyo Rain event.
Sport Medium for more grip like Nordschleife
Or Racing Hard for the 700PP upgrade.

View attachment 1221968View attachment 1221969View attachment 1221970View attachment 1221971

>((((°>°°°°°°
Enjoy your drive.
Can any1 point me in the direction of a tune for the sls amg gt3 '11

Can any1 point me in the direction of a tune for the sls amg gt3 '11
Enjoy

I've been doing some Tokyo 600 today since road cars are okay, and while my 911 GT3 01 was lapping 2:10 same as before (praiano tune with lowered ride height), the Lancia Stratos praiano tune and lowered ride height seems to have lost about 3 seconds a lap despite being just as fast on the straight. It understeers. Maybe it's the soft tires and wet track? Idk

Edit: the 911 needed bore up, stroke up weight red 3 to reach 600pp

Last edited:
Back