Prancing Horse has become Flying Horse since update

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 24 comments

seadog777

Premium
Malaysia
Iskandar
seadog777
I posted about this in the Bugs thread, but not seeing much traction there and I'd dearly love to know if anyone else has this issue since the update.
Very briefly, driving the Ferrari 330 P4 in the Nostalgia races has become...... interesting.
At La Sarthe:

Leap.jpg

This is before the race even starts.... under PS4 control just goes flying off into the gravel and hits the wall. Every time. Need to drop power to 107% to avoid. No big deal and easy to recover from but you lose the clean race bonus as you start in the gravel!

At St. Croix:

St Croix.jpg

First left hander after the bridge, once straight, foot to the floor and whack.... wheels at 45 degrees! Nobody hit me, I didn't hit anything, just reared up. Only tried this track twice, happened both times.

Monza is fine.

Doesn't happen with Jag or Ford.

Can somebody please give it a go and see if it happens to you?? I'd love to know. Thank you.

Thanks for the replies and (sort of) happy to hear I don't have a ghost in the machine and it's happening to others (thanks for confirming Lebowski). I hope they fix this. It's sort of awkward!

After the update i did a race with the 330 at Nos'79 and my car lifted and into the wall i went, my wheel felt really light as in no tension on it,
i shrugged, whatever, once back on the pavement, tension was back, all good.
Did another race with the Jag, no problems.
Read this post this morning , thought i'd do some testing with both of my 330's .
Did one race ,everything was normal, was just about capped out again so i went and bought another 2.8 mill ford.
went back to Nos'79 and things got weird again.
I would change up the field of cars after each try and there seems to be 3 different scenarios.
1st one : front end lifts ,go into sand, crash into wall.
2nd one : car doesn't lift, just goes straight into sand but don't hit wall.
3rd one : car doesn't go into sand at all but does go slightly off track on to shoulder.
That was with both 330's.
I have all eligible cars and the 330 is the only one that did this.

Tried St.Croix with red 330 , going on to bridge car became completely airbourne , thought i was going in the water.
Tried the black 330 and every time at the start it would veer off left at the start and almost hit fence.
The red 330 would not do that, really strange.
And i couldn't get either car to do a wheelie after the bridge.:crazy:

After the update i did a race with the 330 at Nos'79 and my car lifted and into the wall i went, my wheel felt really light as in no tension on it,
i shrugged, whatever, once back on the pavement, tension was back, all good.
Did another race with the Jag, no problems.
Read this post this morning , thought i'd do some testing with both of my 330's .
Did one race ,everything was normal, was just about capped out again so i went and bought another 2.8 mill ford.
went back to Nos'79 and things got weird again.
I would change up the field of cars after each try and there seems to be 3 different scenarios.
1st one : front end lifts ,go into sand, crash into wall.
2nd one : car doesn't lift, just goes straight into sand but don't hit wall.
3rd one : car doesn't go into sand at all but does go slightly off track on to shoulder.
That was with both 330's.
I have all eligible cars and the 330 is the only one that did this.

Tried St.Croix with red 330 , going on to bridge car became completely airbourne , thought i was going in the water.
Tried the black 330 and every time at the start it would veer off left at the start and almost hit fence.
The red 330 would not do that, really strange.
And i couldn't get either car to do a wheelie after the bridge.:crazy:

For me the P4 does it while counting down, before the race even starts and I'm not touching the accelerator or wheel!

I have it set to full power upgrade (147% I think), full weight reduction. It behaves if you drop power to 107% (which I think is max you can get with no upgrades??)

Oh well, just glad the Gr.1 races are there but I will miss driving the P4.

For me the P4 does it while counting down, before the race even starts and I'm not touching the accelerator or wheel!

I have it set to full power upgrade (147% I think), full weight reduction. It behaves if you drop power to 107% (which I think is max you can get with no upgrades??)

Oh well, just glad the Gr.1 races are there but I will miss driving the P4.

Ya, i have full power ,min weight.
I just did a test, the car went off into the sand but didn't hit the wall , went back on to road ,i
avoided hitting the wall on the right and did the race.
I got the bonus 240,000, i think it because it doesn't matter until you cross the start /finish line.

Ok, this took forever but i kept re-setting the field of cars until i hit the wall , got back on the road,
did the race and got the bonus again, so it definitely doesn't matter what happens until you cross the start line
so i wouldn't give up on your 330 :)

Ya, i have full power ,min weight.
I just did a test, the car went off into the sand but didn't hit the wall , went back on to road ,i
avoided hitting the wall on the right and did the race.
I got the bonus 240,000, i think it because it doesn't matter until you cross the start /finish line.

Ok, this took forever but i kept re-setting the field of cars until i hit the wall , got back on the road,
did the race and got the bonus again, so it definitely doesn't matter what happens until you cross the start line
so i wouldn't give up on your 330 :)
That's good news thanks! Maybe the couple of races I decided to continue (which I did to see if there any other weird happenings!) I lost the bonus for "other reasons"!

That's good news thanks! Maybe the couple of races I decided to continue (which I did to see if there any other weird happenings!) I lost the bonus for "other reasons"!
If you happen to hit the wall i would just re-set the field of cars , cause it might be harder to win if you get a fast AI car at the front.
I must have re-set aleast 30 times till i hit the wall, so it doesn't happen often and it would be alot easier to win if you just go off into the sand.

Today is the first time I've been on Nos '79 at La Sarthe since the 1.39 update and my 330 wheelies every time. I think, with each update since 1.36, I've had to create a new geometry set-up for this race with the 330 as otherwise the auto-drive plows into the gravel (I think 1.37 might have been the one that fixed it, but 1.38 broke it again). This is the first time I appear to have fitted drag tyres, though.

Edit:

And what has happened to the Ford Mark IV in the Nos '79 La Sarthe race??!! My 330 (max power, min weight) was just overtaken by one down the Mulsanne Straight. I was doing 214mph and it was doing 200mph :odd:

Last edited:
Fun fact: To do a wheelie in a 1973 Camaro (standard mass and weight distribution) would require 24 kNm of wheel torque, equivalent to about 1000 bhp @ 10 m/s. It would also require a friction coefficient of around 5.0, so even with a big enough engine it would be pretty difficult to do.

However, move the center of mass one meter towards the back of the car and it's enough with 9.7 kNm, 390 bhp @ 10m/s and a friction coefficient of 2.0. You would have a pretty extreme weight distribution though, about 0.23 / 0.77.

Back