pre 2.01 cars that can be stock painted (wheels)?

• Thread starter Drevenger
  • 57 comments
Canada
Canada
tur1smo2023
List of cars that can be stock painted (wheels)
Premium model only.
I know about these (13) ---v

Maserati S '08
Lancia Delta
Mitsubishi T.M '99
BMW concept tii
Silvia (S 13) <--- Only shows the glitch color in photo mode, Ultra Black wheel when racing.
Silvia (S 15)
Skyline (R 33)
Citreon C4
Integra Type R
Infiniti G35 Coupe
High End G37 *The color dont stick threw 2.05
WRX '07 (Darker gold tone only)
WRX '10 (Darker silver tone only) *Not sure anymore if theres a difference.

But is there any other cars available that allows getting stock painted wheels?
Please let me know.

Version
v1.01 24/11/2010
v1.02 27/11/2010
v1.03 06/12/2010
v1.05 20/12/2010
v1.06 11/02/2011
v1.07 24/02/2011
v1.08 09/03/2011
v1.09 06/04/2011
v1.10 07/06/2011
v1.11 30/08/2011
v1.12 03/09/2011
v1.13 21/09/2011
Spec 2.0 11/10/2011
v2.01 26/10/2011
v2.02 20/12/2011
v2.03 17/01/2012
v2.04 07/02/2012
v2.05 15/02/2012
v2.06 22/05/2012
v2.07 01/06/2012
v2.08 25/09/2012

Last edited:
How do you do this glitch? Do you swap to aftermarket wheels, paint them and then swap back to the original wheels? I'd like to do this.

How do you do this glitch? Do you swap to aftermarket wheels, paint them and then swap back to the original wheels? I'd like to do this.

Its not that hard, it involve the setting sheet.
-Get in a car
-Set to tuning sheet B or C
-Name your setting B or C
-Go to gt Auto and buy any rims
-Paint them.
-Go back to your garage,
-Set to setting A
-Voila

dont go back to setting B or C until you on 2.05 and I think it will work.
But you will loose your photos, replays, some cars and items in going back to 2.00.

Thank you very much for the heads up 👍
This will reduce the testing time by a few hours :)

Not a prob mate, I've had a go at it before but when I went back up to the latest patch all the cars I had done were not installed:nervous: Hope it all works out for you:tup:

Also had troubles with the G37, it worked in my garage but when traded it would revert back to original wheels for some reason, and when I drove it the wheels would be black and the outer rim the colour you'd painted it. You can also do the WRX sti '07 but i've tried a few colours and the wheels always turn brown.

Its not that hard, it involve the setting sheet.
-Get in a car
-Set to tuning sheet B or C
-Name your setting B or C
-Go to gt Auto and buy any rims
-Paint them.
-Go back to your garage,
-Set to setting A
-Voila

dont go back to setting B or C until you on 2.05 and I think it will work.
But you will loose your photos, replays, some cars and items in going back to 2.00.

When I did this, I don't think I had to buy new rims, I just went and painted the stock ones. It's been awhile though, so I might be wrong and just forgot about buying new rims.

Oh, I also took pictures of the cars with the stock painted wheels before I got out of it and got into another car. I lost all the pictures I took the first time 'cos I tried this twice to try to get the G37 to work. I hope it works for you, but when I updated to the latest version, most of the cars I created were unusable.

Yeah, thats what I fear.
I will try to come back in 2 hours, I freaking hope they will stick :lol:

The C4 is sick with dlc painted wheels, i wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be awesome or Maserati w/ fluo wheel :dopey:

/edit
catastrophic fail,
my way back to version 2.05 failed with full of "need to install again "X" car"
Even the ones that I bougth and did nothing to them.
Did'nt loose anything except a dollar worth of dlc paints, time and credit.
I wish there was a way /sigh

Last edited:
It can't on G37 , even if are pics , the G37 can be installed with wheels exacly like the stocked ones but aren't stock . You can't paint G37's stock wheels

Yeah, thats what I fear.
I will try to come back in 2 hours, I freaking hope they will stick :lol:

The C4 is sick with dlc painted wheels, i wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be awesome or Maserati w/ fluo wheel :dopey:

/edit
catastrophic fail,
my way back to version 2.05 failed with full of "need to install again "X" car"
Even the ones that I bougth and did nothing to them.
Did'nt loose anything except a dollar worth of dlc paints, time and credit.
I wish there was a way /sigh

You didn't create a backup of your game save before rolling it back to 2.0? I thought for sure you would just to be on the safe side. I backed up my game save to a flash drive, then I copied that to my PC for extra protection.

It can't on G37 , even if are pics , the G37 can be installed with wheels exacly like the stocked ones but aren't stock . You can't paint G37's stock wheels

They are not EXACTLY like the stock wheels, but they are close. The stock wheels have a deeper lip on the rear tires. You CAN paint G37 stock wheels, but only at the 2.0 update. PD fixed this after that update. Getting the cars to stay in the garage is the problem. The only one that worked for me when I rolled GT5 back to 2.0 was the Maserati, and only some of the ones I created.

I didn't loose anything, except the car I bought at 2.00.
I wish theres was a solution to use the car but buying the car before might be an option.

Hey I'm not sure if this will help or even work but what about using a seperate account to "mess around" on, that way you wont risk anything. Then send the cars to your main account .

Hey I'm not sure if this will help or even work but what about using a seperate account to "mess around" on, that way you wont risk anything. Then send the cars to your main account .

Thats what I did,
I've backed up my files on two USB stick.
Downgraded to 2.00
Did a few successful stock wheel paint
Saved it on one of the two previous USB stick.
Upgraded to 2.05 but every car that I bought during the time I was on version 2.00 are un-usable, it says "(name of the car) is not installed, you need to re install the car" I haven't found a way to "re install" them yet.
Re loading the USB with stock wheel paint cars that I tested wont change the outcome.

I gonna try next week to downgrade to 2.00 with glitch-able cars already in my garage, its my last hope of getting the cars I want.

Btw, I found out that the G37 is the only car that worked in 2.00 and the color didn't stick on at 2.05. The car is still un-usable like the others. So I guess I wont loose time on the G37 next time, I think its clear that the color wont stick at version 2.05

It worked :dunce:
I've even succeeded into doing DLC paints, also colors like Bianco Canupos, XJR-Purple, Appletree Green.

They all went trew 2.05. I can drive, photo travel them no problem :)
I will try to post a couple pics for a start 👍
Will need to test if the color stick threw gifting :scared:

thx mrslb 👍
and everyone who helped my around this project :)

Heres a few pics.

Image20120414081525225.jpg

Image20120414081532634.jpg

Image20120414081536660.jpg

Image20120414081531149.jpg

Image20120414081534358.jpg

Image20120414081529635.jpg

The last pic with the G37 was made in version 2.00 the rest is from 2.05.

Last edited:
So what did you do differently?

Was it just using cars that were bought before 2.05?

So what did you do differently?

Was it just using cars that were bought before 2.05?

I bought them at 2.05 instead of 2.00
Will need to see if they stay the same threw gifting.

@cbarbosa
After doing some test with the cars to make sure everything is alright I will start to consider trading them but I gotta clear schedule first.

I bought them at 2.05 instead of 2.00
Will need to see if they stay the same threw gifting.

@cbarbosa
After doing some test with the cars to make sure everything is alright I will start to consider trading them but I gotta clear schedule first.

I received two Maserati's through gifting, so it should work. You just can't change the wheels on these cars EVER! Buying a new wheel will essentially kill the stock painted wheel.

Oh and Congrats on getting them to work!

Back