pre 2.01 cars that can be stock painted (wheels)?

• Thread starter Drevenger
  • 57 comments
So cars bought at version 2.00 and glitched with painted stock rims are 'lost' when you update game back to 2.05?
This is bad as I recently reverted back to 2.00 to exploit this glitch but my 2.05 game data wouldn't load so I had to start from scratch on an alt account, plan being grind out a load of Cr then glitch all cars possible upgrade back to 2.05 and send glitched cars to my main account, are you saying this now won't work? :-/

@ hairystig
Bought at version 2.05 for me.
2.05 (buy) => 2.00 (glitch) => 2.05 (send)

Anyone have any idea if theres any more glitch-able cars out there?

I've now done this exploit and can confirm stocks wheels can be painted on all cars listed and the colour sticks when updated back to current version except on the high end performance tuned infiniti which under version 2.00 wheels can be glitched but colour doesn't stick once game is updated.
Not at my ps3 right now so I can't remember exactly which cars can be glitched but a quick search should bring up that info or maybe I'll post it later if I remember.

Oh just seen your own list at the start of this thread, that seems complete to me, in fact i didnt know about the two WRX cars that can be glitched :guilty:

I've glitched all the cars from your list except the two WRX cars and the Nissan Silvia (didnt know about the WRXs at the time and forgot about the Silvia) :dopey:

The WRX are not really customize-able, the rims just turns darker from any random paints.

Did you tested alot of cars while you were at version 2.00?
I know most of the nicest cars aren't glitch-able but I cant believe they all been tested.

/edit
It seems I was missing 2 or 3.
Thanks for the link,
I was unaware of JDMeddie thread.

Last edited:
No afraid I didn't test any others cars when I was exploiting this glitch, I didn't even remember to glitch the Silvia for myself :lol: but I may try reverting back to v2.00 again but probably on an entirely different ps3 (just need to repair/bodge my busted old fat ps3) as I found it torture being stuck on old software version across both my gt5 profiles and so not being able to take part in seasonal events etc also after I had exploited the glitch and updated back to current version I noticed id lost all my saved replays and photos, fortunately I kept all my cars and progress through the game but my original save didn't work when I revert to 2.00 so had to start again from scratch so it took a long time get enough money to buy all glitchable cars several times without being able to do the massive pay out seasonals but I got some pretty cool looking cars now so guess it was worth it in the end. :-)

Drevenger
Found one more cars,
Silvia (S13) '90 , Its a pie plate but its fully customize-able.

Good work :-)

Have you found any colours that look particularly good on the BMW concept 1 series's wheels? I've tried a few different colour schemes for the 1 series but as yet not found anything I'm happy with :grumpy:

Will try posting pictures of some of my most successful and good looking rim glitches later.

Good work :-)

Have you found any colours that look particularly good on the BMW concept 1 series's wheels? I've tried a few different colour schemes for the 1 series but as yet not found anything I'm happy with :grumpy:

Will try posting pictures of some of my most successful and good looking rim glitches later.

Same here,
The BMW is not custom friendly.
I think they look better with different shade of grey, tan or silver, nothing too fancy, chrome or even matte is basically a waste.
My best result is when I repaint the body and the wheels afterwards but otherwise I dont get much inspirations with that car.

i'm starting to think theres only these 10 cars that are fully customize-able.
Its funny how 2 of them are in GT-Academy (S13 and R33).

Another thing,
If someone plan to change version, make sure you are not in a DLC cars or a car that wasn't available at the time of the version you want to roll back, like the toyota 86gt 2012 for instance. the files wont load correctly.

Lol nice thread. I did this a long time ago, but I saw the links to my old thread already.

I tried a lot of cars, this is the result:
NOT possible:
All Ferrari's
Alfa Romeo 8C
BMW M3
BMW M5
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS AMG
Mercedes SLR
Mercedes C63 AMG
Audi R8 5.2 FSI
Lexus LFA
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Vspec II Nur
Nissan Slyline GT-R '09
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Subaru Impreza WRX STi '07
Lamborghini Murcielago (both)
Lamborghini Gallardo
Aston Martin DB9

For all I know most of the cars for the rest don't really interest me...
If there are any questions, let me know,Ill keep an eye out for this thread ;)

Drevenger
Same here,
The BMW is not custom friendly.
I think they look better with different shade of grey, tan or silver, nothing too fancy, chrome or even matte is basically a waste.
My best result is when I repaint the body and the wheels afterwards but otherwise I dont get much inspirations with that car.

i'm starting to think theres only these 10 cars that are fully customize-able.
Its funny how 2 of them are in GT-Academy (S13 and R33).

Another thing,
If someone plan to change version, make sure you are not in a DLC cars or a car that wasn't available at the time of the version you want to roll back, like the toyota 86gt 2012 for instance. the files wont load correctly.

Too right one series concept is not customization friendly you can't even stick a rear wing on it.
As I did my glitching on what was basically a new gt5 profile and had to start the game from the very beginning I didn't have a great deal of paint chips available to apply to the rims, so what I tended to do was buy each glitchable car several times and paint the wheels of each a different colour and not worry about painting the body work until I gifted them to my main profile as I got a lot more paints available there, so all my glitched rims are in colours available from new car dealership, mostly lexus lfa lime green and some of the colour shift paints you can get with tvrs.

Soo, I delete ALL game data ? ( except savegame )? Or..
And then download updated till 2.00 ? After that I paint the rims.

But when I upgrade again to new software, to play online. Will these colors be lost ?

Yeah its Game data that you delete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SobGmghy3SI&feature=youtu.be

GT5 update history:
1) 608 MB = 1.05
2) 301 MB = 1.06
3) 47 MB = 1.07
4) 1763 KB = 1.08
5) 48 MB = 1.09
6) 380 MB = 1.10
7) 62 MB = 1.11
8) 13 MB = 1.12
9) 1149 KB = 1.13
10) 1192 MB = 2.00 stop after you INSTALLED this one.
11) 112 MB = 2.01
12)..
13)
14)
15) .. =2.05

Remember to buy the cars at version 2.05. Its the way it work for me.

Lol nice thread. I did this a long time ago, but I saw the links to my old thread already.

I tried a lot of cars, this is the result:
NOT possible:
All Ferrari's
Alfa Romeo 8C
BMW M3
BMW M5
McLaren MP4-12C
Mercedes SLS AMG
Mercedes SLR
Mercedes C63 AMG
Audi R8 5.2 FSI
Lexus LFA
Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R Vspec II Nur
Nissan Slyline GT-R '09
Jaguar XKR Coupe '10
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
Subaru Impreza WRX STi '07
Lamborghini Murcielago (both)
Lamborghini Gallardo
Aston Martin DB9

For all I know most of the cars for the rest don't really interest me...
If there are any questions, let me know,Ill keep an eye out for this thread ;)

Hi, thanks for your contribution, you were on of the first to actually shared / gift them.
Yeah I've done many test recently and the choice is slim.
No Acura, No Aston Martin, No Alfa, No Ferrari, No Lambo, No Suzuki, No Volks, No Jaguar, No Mini, No Lotus. Also, I'm pretty sure theres no Mazda, Chevy, Ford, Chrysler or Toyota either. The choices is too damn low.

Yeah they still keep their color at 2.08
I haven't try to made them since 2.06 but i'm pretty sure you can still do the glitch.
Always make sure to buy the cars at version 2.08 before clearing gama data 👍

Drevenger
List of cars that can be stock painted (wheels)
Premium model only.
I know about these (13) ---v

Maserati S '08
Lancia Delta
Mitsubishi T.M '99
BMW concept tii
Silvia (S 13) <--- Only shows the glitch color in photo mode, Ultra Black wheel when racing.
Silvia (S 15)
Skyline (R 33)
Citreon C4
Integra Type R
Infiniti G35 Coupe
High End G37 *The color dont stick threw 2.05
WRX '07 (Darker gold tone only)
WRX '10 (Darker silver tone only) *Not sure anymore if theres a difference.

But is there any other cars available that allows getting stock painted wheels?
Please let me know.

Do you have any of these for trade?

Yeah they still keep their color at 2.08
I haven't try to made them since 2.06 but i'm pretty sure you can still do the glitch.
Always make sure to buy the cars at version 2.08 before clearing gama data 👍

Just to clear this up. I tried yesterday in 2.08 and you cannot create the glitch, only when 2.00 is your current version (even though the rims now change back to stock when changing the setings sheet, they will remain with stock colour again now), but if you created cars with these glitched rims in 2.00 they still have the rims in 2.08. Well unless you change the settings sheet on accident when quickly setting the car up in an online lobby... I did that twice already :mad:

Oh and it's very important to buy all cars in advance if you do this now!... I didn't know that the cars now will be locked when you re-update to 2.08 as this wasn't the case when I created glitched rims for the first time and only had to upgrade to 2.01 as it was the latest version. The fact all cars that I created with 2.00 at my 2nd attempt were broken made me really, really, really mad. 2 days of exporting all images, replays, deleting all 34GB game data (60% of that was downloaded GT-TV stuff which has to be redownloaded as well if you delete game data...), redownloading everything, missing the moment when 2.00 was installed (yep, I managed to miss that completely out and take next look at the screen when 2.01 was already being installed... *facepalm*) so having to repeat deleting and redownloading + installing the patches up to 2.00 again, than spending the whole evening creating 30 cars with various glitched rims and colours... just to end up on 2.08 with EVERY SINGLE CAR being locked with an arror attached to it saying 'This car is not installed', enabling nothing but to delete it entirely... I love you too, PD. :irked:

Back