Pro FF - Deep Forest II!

• Thread starter MarshyTVR2
  • 8 comments
Hi again, had another great race today in the Pro FF cup, it was one of those "will I do it??" races.

Car = Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus - Fully Tuned. (Blue)

Opponents.

#1 Spoon Civic (White)
#2 Beetle Cup Car (Yellow)
#3 FTO (Red)
#4 Trd Celica (White)
#5 Coupe Turbo Plus (AI - Red)

I could have easily raced in my Lupo or Beetle Cup car, but after winning Tokyo endurance earlier today by about 15 laps, I was in the mood for a close race so I picked the Fiat. It sounds like a lawnmower, but what the heck.

And the lights go green..

From the start I managed to pass the other Coupe just before the quick right, and up the hill my whole screen was filled with white Celica, when we got up to the long right onto the back straight the other cars seemed to move away a little. [I really don't like FF cars, by the way, so my driving wasn't the best ever]. As we tore down the back straight I got alongside the Celica and managed to get the inside line for the next right, he went wide and I got 4th place. By this moment the Civic and Beetle had pulled a little gap over us, I needed to pass the FTO as quick as possible. As we went through the forest, at the left hander into the tunnel, the AI seem to make the same mistake in driving into the corner of the start of the tunnel (try a race on this track, you'll see), so the FTO did exactly that, but sadly I wasn't expecting him to slow down and I ended up ramming into his behind, which then led to the Celica ramming me..

..So as we rounded onto the S/F straight I awsomely slipstreamed the FTO into the first corner and passed him, now it was time for a little beetle squashing. The bright yellow beetle wasn't that far ahead, he was clearly in view as I galloped up the hill. I followed him around the whole lap to find a good clean passing point (I hate hitting the other cars, even when passing them, so I always look for a clean pass), luckily, on the 3rd lap he smashed into the entrance to the tunnel causing him to back down a bit, he took the inside like on the next left so I couldnt pass. I followed him onto the S/F straight and was suprised to see him pulling away, but he over-ran the first corner and hit the wall, letting me through.
The little Spoon was now a nice 5 seconds ahead, it was only the 4th lap so I knew I had time, but was it enough?

As the laps went by the split only went down by a couple of seconds, on lap 8 i was now 2 seconds behind, with him in view. As I came onto the S/F straight I overdid the corner and smashed into the wall, which pushed me back to 3 seconds off :yuck: . So, 3 laps to get 3 seconds..Hum.

As I entered lap 9 I had only pulled back half a second, I was getting nervous as I didn't want to do a full 15 minute 10 lap race and come second (i left this race till last too, so no prize car). I pushed as hard as I could and entered the last lap, all the other cars had pitted apart from the Civic, I, and the Bug. I was now 1 second behind about a 1/4 into the lap, as we approached the "AI crash tunnel" the Spoon went very wide [Will it be?]..

...and what happens? He hits one side of the tunnel, hits the other, and gets stuck head on into the wall...

I win the race, and the Civic didn't even finish.

Results:

Coupe Turbo Plus 15'647
Beetle Cup Car + 11'364
FTO + 17'474
Trd Celica + 22'756
Coupe Turbo Plus +41'755
Spoon Civic - Still Running.

Tada

-Marshy

Nice!

We've had a few members around here obsessed with the Fiat, and have used it on many occasions to beat on the AI competition.

AO

Well written description, Marshy! I'm glad to see a few others acrrying the torch on the Writeups Board. It sounds like it was a fun race.

One detail I like to see is fast lap and overall time, but that's just a mild suggestion. Keep up the good work!

Nice write-up. That's really sad about the Civic. I did this same race two days ago in the Pitz*. I didn't face the Civic, but I did spend 5 laps following the Beetle just so I could watch him bounce off the wall. Interestingly enough, once I past him he tightened his line up considerably.

Mike.

* Pitz = Pink Vitz

from what i remember (I no longer have gt3) the civic always pitted on the penultimate lap. you simply have to put the hardest tires on and stay n second place till the civic pits.

Latest Posts

Back