Pro FR - Apricot Hill

I had a very exciting race earlier today, and I thought that I would share it with you. Now, because this is my first write-up, I didn't record ALL of the split times.

Anywho.

Car - - Mazda RX-7 Type RZ
Colour - - Aqua (not the exact name of the colour)
Power - - It wasn't fully tuned, I think it between 300-350hp.

I didn't bother qualifying, as I think a race is more of a challenge by starting at the back.

Opposition

1. TVR Griffith 500 (Black)
2. Chevrolet Corvette ZO6 (Silver)
3. Mercedes CLK55 (White)
4. Jaguar XKR (Red)
5. Camaro SS (Dark Red)

By looking at the grid, I was expecting the TVR to be a good match, and maybe the corvette and -possibly- the Camaro.

So here we go!!

The AI started in order of listing, with me in 6th, as I expected - The TVR shot of the line from his PP onto a good couple of car lengths lead. As we approached the first double bend to the left, I was nearly level with the Camaro, I took a nice tight inside line through as I observed the Jaguar's tail slide out, causing him to (already) drop behind. I took 4th place, with the Merc in 3rd, chevy in 2nd and the TVR in 1st. I followed the Merc through the following twisty parts, and then approached the long left hander onto the back straight. I slipped by the Merc as he overdid the exit while trying to take the Corvette around the outside, ending up on the grass, I saw in my rear view as he lost his place to the Camaro, too.
So now I was in 3rd, following the Corvette through the following corners onto the S/F straight.
I saw the TVR pulling away ahead, while the Chevvy also managed to pull away towards the first corner. But with late braking, I slipped by the Chevvy to take second, He tried it down the outside of the corner before the B/straight, but ended up on the dirt, just like the CLK last time around. To my luck, the Chevvy swerved back onto the track causing the camaro to slam into the back of him, giving me a small lead.

So now I had to work out a good strategy to catch the speeding Brit, It was 10 laps so I knew pitstops would be involved. I worked on catching him through the following 5 laps, by the start of lap 6, I was .5 behind him.
Just a quick note on the opposition, the Corvette was in 3rd, currently 8 seconds back, followed by the Camaro, who swerved into the pits on lap 5. Then it was the XKR, who also pitted on lap 5. Then way back in last place was the Merc, who had pitted twice before even starting the 6th lap.

Back on with the show, lap 7 came round, with me a good 7 secs ahead of the Chevvy in 3rd (he gained 1 sec in 1 lap?), with the TVR's lovely backside ahead of me...as I rolled down towards the hairpin, the TVR braked incredibly late and clipped the sand on the outside, letting me slip through, but he wasn't going to give in, through the following corners we traded places a couple of times, leaving me 1st coming onto the S/F straight being literally pushed by the TVR. Weirdly, the TVR had much more straight line speed than I did, and down the S/F straight he strangly decided not to make a move but to push me..hmm.

We traded places all through lap 8, we were now only 5 seconds ahead of the Corvette (Nos?), as we rolled onto lap 9 I was now .5 ahead of the TVR, after he tried desperately to overtake me on the S bend before the final corner, but I wasn't having it, so I cheekily nudged him onto the grass.

I held a good 1.2 second lead around lap 9, the gap increased towards the end of the lap, and I was delighted to see the TVR pit on the start of the final lap, I was happy that I was on my own..finally..

But was I??! The TVR pits...revealing the front end of a silver Corvette speeding around the final bend...he didn't pit either. Leaving me to defend my lead on orange tires. It was a tough lap I tell you, the Corvette kept bumping me from behind, sending me wide on the hairpin but managing to take it back by the S bend.

I was delighted to cross the line in first.

Results!

Mazda RX-7 Type RZ - ??????? (why did I forget to write my own time?
Chevrolet Corvette - +00.00.467
TVR Griffith - +00.13.693
Chevrolet Camaro - +00.22.243
Jaguar XKR - +00.29.323
Mercedes CLK55 - +00.46.132

So in the end, a really tight and enjoyable race. I was shocked about the Corvettes sudden speed boost. But yes, Enjoy.

PS. My first write up, so if anyone spots any mistakes in the times or any weird goings on just say..thanks :dopey:

-Marshy

Oh no... you nudged him into the grass! :indiff: ROFL

That was a good writeup... what race was this? I'm assuming it was a Simulation mode race in the Professional League. Close finish. 👍

Feel free to do more write-ups, they're always welcome here.

slowman, read the topic, you're a bit slow ;)

this was a really good writeup, and a tight exciting race, the pro FR series is one of my favorites too. nice selection of car, what tires were you using?

it's amazing the lead you lose when you're in front. i always do my best laps when i'm one or two cars back, being pressured to make up the lead again

love the last lap on orange tires with an angry AI trying to hunt you down, as they say, rubbing's racing :sly: i might give it a go in my FD as well, better turn the drift settings off ;)

Refreshing, something besides enduros and F1's. I like it, short, to the point, and don't you just love that breathing-down-your-neck feeling as you enter the last two turns? :lol:

Back