Pro Race Driver - New screenies PS2vs.Xbox

:)

Attachments

• prorace_screen001.jpg
    prorace_screen001.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 191
I'd suggest the Xbox has slightly superior texture and drawing of curves - but it's pretty marginal. I thought the Xbox would have much more of an advantage.

This illustrates a point I was making to a work colleague earlier.

Consider that most consoles are bought by parents who don't know a lot about the market.

They will be knocked out by both the PS2 and the Xbox, and (in Australia) given the price (and DVD) advantage of the PS2, the slight technical advantage of the Xbox isn't going to be enough to get it over the line.

yea, you can easily tell that the Xbox is useing higher polygon models, and the PS2 has always has issues with textures, but as you said, its definetly nothing outstanding. to be honest i thought the Xbox version would blow the PS2 one away, but im quite impressed with the PS2 shots. but i still like that bumb mapping 😈 i'll post a shot of it put to good use...

Originally posted by Angel O'Death
in the PS2 shot with the Eagle tolon, doesn't that turn look oddly like its the last turn from Seattle Reverse?

Man, I was thinking exactly the same thing!!!

I tell you, if this is the standard of graphics in this game, it may look better than GT3 on the PS2 (don't you love a TLA?).

I still think the differences are pretty marginal - although with a couple of months until release who knows what will happen?

LOL, an hour? did you just hear of it today? :P
And yea, it does so far like it will surpass GT3, but i must admit i like the look of GT3's models better. i dunno wut it is, but GT3's cars just look more lifelike. is it just me?

Wow! :eek: It looks as if the Graphics are great! if that is the last turn in Seattle II, this game could easily beat gt3 in graphics...im still doubting all the cars and the all around fun of the game...im gonna have to get it!

LOL, an hour? did you just hear of it today? :P
And yea, it does so far like it will surpass GT3, but i must admit i like the look of GT3's models better. i dunno wut it is, but GT3's cars just look more lifelike. is it just me?

Yes - and I think I know why - the reflections (or lack thereof on the screenshots here) on the surface on the car.

Originally posted by vat_man

Yes - and I think I know why - the reflections (or lack thereof on the screenshots here) on the surface on the car.

Good point, but it might just be the angle of view that we have on the cars. I pointed out the reflections to a friend during a race and he about fell out of his chair. They're so good that you don't even notice them.

~LoudMusic

You know vat, i didn't even notice that untill you mentioned it. but now that you did, i've been looking closely at the pics, and it would seem that the PS2 screenies have no surface mapping where as the Xbox version does. look at the front and sides of the TT and you will see the differance. also look at the benz right under the lights. strage it is, but i think your right about that 8) GT3 definetly got the surface mapping down very good.

You know vat, i didn't even notice that untill you mentioned it. but now that you did, i've been looking closely at the pics, and it would seem that the PS2 screenies have no surface mapping where as the Xbox version does. look at the front and sides of the TT and you will see the differance. also look at the benz right under the lights. strage it is, but i think your right about that 8) GT3 definetly got the surface mapping down very good.

I'm seeing slight reflections in all of these images. Keep in mind that the game isn't finished yet (as far as I know ...), and this would probably be one of the last things to 'prefect' in a game.

~LoudMusic

OMG!!!! Pro Race Drive is also comeing to PC!!! i had NOOOO idea. damn. that leaves me soooo torn ;) well i will definetly be picking up the PC version instead of sexbox or PS2. its an easy decision for me. especially since i have the USB converter for PS2 controller...yeeeeeehhhhaaaawwww. :cheeburga

welll gamespot says that the PC version is about 60% complete, and is expected to be released sometime in june. as for PS2 and Xbox, they just say "sometime later this year". i would assume that the Xbox version at the LEAST would be right up there with the PC version as well hell, its the same **** 8) but for PS2 who knows? i wouldn't imagine it is too far behind

OMG!!!! Pro Race Drive is also comeing to PC!!! i had NOOOO idea. damn. that leaves me soooo torn ;) well i will definetly be picking up the PC version instead of sexbox or PS2. its an easy decision for me. especially since i have the USB converter for PS2 controller...yeeeeeehhhhaaaawwww. :cheeburga

No doubt! It's going to be a DVD though, so you need the ole DVD drive in your computer. I think it's worth a hardware upgrade. I was actually going to buy a whole new 'gaming computer'.

~LoudMusic

LOL im suprised to see the PS2 Logo is still on the TT in the Xbox version. oooo thats gonna piss of alot off Xbox racers...hehehehe

Oh boo hoo - I had to put up with that Compaq signage on the Williams GP car in F12000.

Forgot about the PC version - Codemasters tend to cover all the platforms!

Along with the movie-style single-player storyline, Pro Race Driver will include a multiplayer mode with support for up to 20 players over LAN or Internet connections. thats from GSpot about the PC ver...i hope for all those without puters able to run this puppy that they include MP for Xbox and PS2. damn this game is gonna be fun!! yea, and DVD drive is definetly worth it 8) I bought a DXR3 a year or so ago and its just awesome. i only use my PC for DVD, even though the PS2 does do a good job and my 27" TV is nice, it just doesn't compare to the sharpenss and clarity of the PC running at 1600x1200 on my hitachi 21". not to mention i like PC gameing more then console, but that doesn't have anything to do with it ;)

Mmmm - big time PC coming in a couple of weeks, broadband internet connection, PC compatible steering wheel - uh, better get a towel, I'm drooling...

LOL!!! yea, PC's are great 8) i've been seriously considering getting a wheel. and i really like the one from ActLabs (i think that was the one...) but i just don't know if it will really add that much more to the game. truth be told i really don't like playin GT3 with the DS2, and i use the sticks (buttons suck! :P ) but im not sure if i should spend money on a wheel when i can take that same money and add more power to my PC or get more PS2/PC games. Does it really make the game that much more fun?!?

That game looks suweeettt. Too bad it doesnt have Gran Turismo's car lineup, then it would probaly be perfect:) Im definitley getting her for X-Box, my PC cant even compare to Dreamcast:P

Btw, to all you folks talking about the lack of difference in the PS2 and X-Box versions... every think that mabye since there the exact same game using the exact same models and textures, that theres really not much difference for there to be? Just a though...

Back