Problems: No connection, lol

• Thread starter MHFalcon
  • 13 comments
TokyoR246.jpg

I'm hitting up the highlighted section of Tokyo R246 in reverse. I come in drifting at about 100mph on the initial right hander, but I'm having trouble connecting the two left-handers. idk if it's my intermediate skills, if I'm coming into it too slow, if the turns are too far apart, idk.

Anyone with advice for the connection? Anyone else having problems with this one?

Yeah, I'm trying to make it one whole drift. All the way from that light righthander to the third turn. You think I shave off too much speed by doing that?

Hmm, try to run a shallow angle drift between the two and use extra throttle to bring it around for the second one. Or even a lift-steer in-throttle up-countersteer method.

Of course, I can't drift well to save my life, but...

Yeah, I just sorta got into it.

A little.

Hmm.. S15 should be a'ight... I think. You need something with a wide ass power band and little to no turbo lag. Like an FD! But they don't have the needed twist... :(

Just something that can light the tires back up at almost any rpm given, but back out just as quick.

Haven't seen a lot of people connect those corners... One of the tricks is to turn in very early for the first left so you can drift as far as possible before having to turn in for the second.

You need to be able hold low angles, and decrease and increase your angle on demand.... so pick a car that lets you do that. A brief touch of the e-brake mid corner might also help you set up your line through the last apex.

It's the first drift after the title in this vid (starting at 0:44): You can see how low angle I had to keep to be able to maintain the drift... For some reason the first right isn't in that clip, but you pretty much have to drift that (as a feint) to set yourself up for the double left.

Youtube doesn't like wmv files, so the image is a bit shoddy... but you can probably make out what's going on ;) Link to a HQ version of the vid is in my sig.

Nice..

however i dont think an FD is do that, IMO, it has more Turn-in that Straight forward, so thus it'll probably not make such a length.

I would probably use a Light AWD with N1's maybe. that's more reasonable to me.

I wasn't commenting on the ability of the car to do it, I meant the power curve.

Possibly my FC... Nah, too much power. (On R2s all around I drifted turn one at 130+ at Apricot Hill. By mistake.)

I wasn't commenting on the ability of the car to do it, I meant the power curve.

Possibly my FC... Nah, too much power. (On R2s all around I drifted turn one at 130+ at Apricot Hill. By mistake.)

ss-Hey! lol my bad..

Opps, missed this thread.

are you linking these 2 into 1 drift? if you can't you can always fishtail to th next corner

Boundary Layer - Toyota MR2 - Tokyo R246 Linking Corner Reverse

Hope you don't Mind BL, but i could never forget this one corner you tackled, superb 👍

No problem.
Glad you got the video link right, btw. I should really go update the relevant threads with new links sometime soon...

As Ske already mentioned, it's really just about setting up early and taking a very low drift angle through the first 3/4ths of the link and keeping the car up in its powerband.
Just tossing the car over the first apex and letting it slide around isn't going to cut it here, there's way to much distance to cover.

Damn, I knew powerband control was gonna be the thing to get me. Without pedals, it's kinda hard for me to work the X button to the throttle level I want.

Back