Problems with Driving Force Pro...

• Thread starter evaoni
  • 38 comments
I noticed a few problems with the steering wheel. In the Grand Canyon and Citta de Aria tracks, the wheel sometimes steers all the way to the left or right and stays there. If you press pause then go back into the game, it'll go back to the center, but it won't have force feedback. If you unplug the usb cable, then plug it back in, it recalibrates itself and starts works again (I think it does..I can't remember). This only happens on these two tracks. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, this only happened once, but I was doing the Spoon S2000 catch-up test and all of a sudden, the gas pedal seemed like it wasn't responding correctly. After the turn before the straight-a-way, it would accelerate, but not at the regular speed. It would slowly go up. I unplugged it, and plugged it back in, and it worked fine... Steering Wheel or Game?

so.. the wheel problem would be a software or hardware problem? Should I return my DFP for a new one? I have like 4 more days...

Originally posted by evaoni
I noticed a few problems with the steering wheel. In the Grand Canyon and Citta de Aria tracks, the wheel sometimes steers all the way to the left or right and stays there. If you press pause then go back into the game, it'll go back to the center, but it won't have force feedback. If you unplug the usb cable, then plug it back in, it recalibrates itself and starts works again (I think it does..I can't remember). This only happens on these two tracks. Anyone else have this problem?

I get this too :irked: but it's a small complaint and is far outweighed by the fun that I have using the wheel :D

yeah...but it kinda pisses me off when I'm doing a time attack, and it happens...it's like having your your steering column mess up... =P

I was told recently that Logitech recalled the DFP due to such deffects. EB's release date of the wheel has since been pushed back as well.

Gek speaks the truth. I informed him earlier today about it. I contacted one of my Logitech PRs to request the wheel, only to find out a slew of them were defective. Very disappointing, indeed. I hate having to hold X when racing, I prefer analog and GT4: Prologue doesn't let you configure controls.

So yeah, to the thread starter (evaoni): I suggest you take the wheel back. $150 is a lot of money for a peripheral and I'd expect people get what they paid for. You paid $150 in hope of getting a flawless product, but you didn't. Take it back.

I sure hope so. Have you experienced anything unusual with the wheel? For instance, has there even been a time where the wheel just wouldn't respond correctly? Blatant and obvious things. Anything like that?

Eeep. My suggestion? Take it back and pick one up when you get a new PS2. Because, if it were a defective unit, you'd find out too late and lose out on $150. :\

well WTF....

now I have no idea if the limited ' batch ' sent to Australia is ok or not, I was planing to get it early and just use it with GT3 until GT4 was released........

suppose to be out in a couple of days.

will the problems show up in GT3????

Hey I pre-ordered a Driving Force Pro wheel and it came in about a day and a half ago. Would this be the "bad" batch or would this be the revised edition?

Thanks for any help!

JamEs

No I'm not sure Terran. But i was thinking about it screwing up and it is probly in GT4P because you would think it would screw up on more then just two things. And if everyone only gets it in the same two stages it is probly just a glitch in the game. The wheel reads all data the same so it theoretically screw up on all levels if it was a problem with the wheel.

JamEs

Back