problems with your ps2

• Thread starter corkman
  • 17 comments
just wondering if any one else has had probs with there ps2
I have had probs with the dvd player to start with went with out my ps2 for about 2 moths while in repare.I have had it back now for 3 months and it has **** it self again (noty in warranty now) and wont play games that have the blue colour only yhe silver games. Has ony 1 else had this or i am the only 1 with this. I have had just about enough of this i have been a sony dude since it came to oz but now am thinking of changing to x-box. :mad:

I have never had ANY problems with my PS2, - so you might want to get it replaced instead of repaired. The repairs are never as good as a brand new PS2. :)

I would repair it. Whenever i have an electronic that i broke somehow (or it came broken) i just write a lettrer to the company that made it saying mine came like this. They fix it and send me a new one.

I'm not exactly sure, but I'm moving it to the PS2 forums now...

No Problems with mine, but I do believe some Wal Marts and Toys R us will just exchange them. A few of my friends have done it.

Mine has run faultlessly - I had it standing vertically for a couple of weeks, and the drive sounded different (in a bad way) so it went back to horizontal. The only thing I do in the way of maintenance is ensure the vents on the bottom of the front are clear of dust.

he he keeno_uk`s PS2 died today. But this is because he chipped it and he has a crazy little brother

yeah yeah my ps2 is broken I think the motor has stopped running and it won't read any cds so can anyone tell me where I can find a place where they fix playstation 2 in london I tried madeira and I don't want to mail my playstation 2 because I don't trust madeira enough

any site will do

:( no ps2 :(

Mine had issues playing DVD's at first. It would go from light to dark every few seconds. Changed connections so the cable comes in thru the PS2 instead of the VCR. And the problem is gone. It also is not fond of my copy of GT2. It keeps locking up. But only on GT2.

Mine clicks when I load it up too.

My playstation 2 fried a couple of my games and won't read them now. No clue as to why.

Anyone have that happen to them?

Originally posted by Gil
Mine had issues playing DVD's at first. It would go from light to dark every few seconds. Changed connections so the cable comes in thru the PS2 instead of the VCR. And the problem is gone. It also is not fond of my copy of GT2. It keeps locking up. But only on GT2.

That would be GT2, the joyful bug-ridden mess that game is (that took up my life for about 6 months...).

I thought DVD wasn't supposed to play through VCRs because of the digital encoding...

Back