Project CARS 2 — Indy 500 / IndyCar Content Thread

Three historic oval racers - very exciting cars - can't wait to try them out especially the Offenhauser powered roadster and the Granatelli turbine car - I hope they nail the sounds and the driving characteristics - if so get ready for up to 10 seconds of turbine lag on the tubine car!

Last edited:
Honestly not that excited, long ovals have generally felt pretty boring.

Maybe the extra 24 cars on track will make it more exciting.

4WD on the Lotus 56 as well. 10 seconds of turbine lag is a very long time - I had read recently where Parnelli Jones mentioned a 3-second lag in the 1967 STP-Paxton Turbocar. But hey, I'll be looking forward to these in any case.

This track was also promised for the first game, along with the Indy 500 :irked:
there is a known difference between official announcement on pCars1 homepage and leaked content by WMD members.
SMS didn't promise. There could also be things in pCars2, that we saw while development, that will not get into final release. Thats why we arent allowed to leak everything to the wild.
Everything SMS makes public now, WILL be in.

Hate to nit pick but Whats with the double vista deck? That is not accurate. I'm super hype for this content as I'm a big Indy fan. I guess I finally need that wheel for the PS4. Hope they have the super speedway aero kit for the dw12. Or Dlc the 2018 body work indycar just released.

Attachments

• IMG_0743.PNG
    IMG_0743.PNG
    201.3 KB · Views: 104
Hate to nit pick but Whats with the double vista deck? That is not accurate. I'm super hype for this content as I'm a big Indy fan. I guess I finally need that wheel for the PS4. Hope they have the super speedway aero kit for the dw12. Or Dlc the 2018 body work indycar just released.
maybe this was the old lookout

maybe this was the old lookout
I grew up 2 miles from the track and have been coming here my whole life, never seen anything like that. Also, they have the recently renovated penthouse along the main straight and turn one, new pylon, and current pagoda built when f1 came to town. It's just odd, dosnt SMS Laser scan tracks, especially ones of this caliber?

there is a known difference between official announcement on pCars1 homepage and leaked content by WMD members.
SMS didn't promise. There could also be things in pCars2, that we saw while development, that will not get into final release. Thats why we arent allowed to leak everything to the wild.

There is also a difference between what the limited edition booklet said and what actually happened.

On page 20 it said 'US oval speedways like indianapolis and daytona.'

So the problem was not just leaked WMD information. SMS themselves lead the consumer astray. Ian has explained the reason and that was fine with me. But please do not blame your fellow WMD members when that was not the whole and only truth.

Last edited:
I grew up 2 miles from the track and have been coming here my whole life, never seen anything like that. Also, they have the recently renovated penthouse along the main straight and turn one, new pylon, and current pagoda built when f1 came to town. It's just odd, dosnt SMS Laser scan tracks, especially ones of this caliber?
I don't know but I give you credit if you remember what it looked liked in the early 60's

I am pumped to be able to drive these historic Indy 500 race cars! Also I`ve seen a video of a IndyCar at Long Beach. The driver is using a controller but at the end of the video you can see the car and its a Honda aero kit.

I am pumped to be able to drive these historic Indy 500 race cars! Also I`ve seen a video of a IndyCar at Long Beach. The driver is using a controller but at the end of the video you can see the car and its a Honda aero kit.
And you can see it's Hinch's car. Which pretty much gives that away.

And you can see it's Hinch's car. Which pretty much gives that away.
Yup! Hoping now for a Chevy kit and some real life liveries. I'd be fine with the 2012-2014 oval kit to be honest. Just want to run an IndyCar on an oval.

There was an official article on the PCars1 homepage that it would be included.

I am happy one of the new games finally added an oval. Like it or not its a huge part of racing. If you don't like oval don't drive them, but banning them from games is not needed just to make a statement. I remember reading a comment about a new game, somebody wanted oval not included. As I always say if u don't like something don't do it... but for most of us in North America we are used to oval races and most of us live on open straight highways and we drive on freeways. Those of you in Europe I know don't have space of modern grid system so maybe it feels more natural to drive slow twisty circuits. I like f1 more than IndyCar or NASCAR but face it, most road supercars are concerned about top speed not corning grip.

Disappointed by lack of any 80's/90's indycars to be honest.

Just hope a decent indycar season mode is implemented into career mode

I am happy one of the new games finally added an oval. Like it or not its a huge part of racing. If you don't like oval don't drive them, but banning them from games is not needed just to make a statement. I remember reading a comment about a new game, somebody wanted oval not included. As I always say if u don't like something don't do it... but for most of us in North America we are used to oval races and most of us live on open straight highways and we drive on freeways. Those of you in Europe I know don't have space of modern grid system so maybe it feels more natural to drive slow twisty circuits. I like f1 more than IndyCar or NASCAR but face it, most road supercars are concerned about top speed not corning grip.
I agree, so long as there is a mutual understanding about other "unwanted" categories like rallycross or roadcars.

Personally, ovals bore me to tears. There also aren't any freeways or wide open land for miles from my house. ;) But in a diverse game like this, almost everyone should find something to enjoy and probably something else they'll never touch. One person's favorite car/track/category is inevitably "worthless" to someone else.

So bring on the ovals -- maybe dynamic time/weather, a large grid of AI, genuine pit stop features, etc. will make them more interesting to me than they've ever been before. PCARS1 already imbued life into circuits I previously thought were hopelessly tedious. 👍

On road courses, the track is your main opponent, while on ovals its the other drivers. It feels mesmerizing to go around an oval track, constantly dancing on the limits of adhesion...a few inches away from another car. Talking about realism: Using custom setups, our WMD aliens run lap times in the DW12 that would place them right in the mid field of the 2017 Indy 500 starting grid!

Both styles have their charm and I'm happy we'll get to simulate as many disciplines as possible in one package.

I agree, so long as there is a mutual understanding about other "unwanted" categories like rallycross or roadcars.

One person's favorite car/track/category is inevitably "worthless" to someone else.

Both styles have their charm and I'm happy we'll get to simulate as many disciplines as possible in one package.

I agree with both these gentlemen - hopefully the game is big enough to allow a wide variety of play styles both offline and online and cater to a wide range of motorsport interests.

Personally I'm not interested in the road cars - I've driven all 125 cars in PC1, but most of the road cars only the once and I expect the same will be true in PC2.

I'm hoping for more classic race car content - this time hopefully more competing cars get added so that as a host I don't have to run so many one make series. Anyway, must dash - just off to Brands Hatch - I'll be going on Sunday to the FIA Masters Historic, but hoping to get in this morning to capture some paddock shots of the Historic F1 cars, sports cars and pre-1966 saloons!

Back