Project CARS 2 Fun Pack DLC Detailed

Would a different force feedback setting for each car in the game no longer be an obvious reason?

If I'm right, a patch (3.0) for PS4 was released today. After the application, I can say if it has improved or not. And I really do wish, from the heart, that driving with a steering wheel might have improved.

I seem to be missing something, diffrent ffb setting for every car? What are you talking about? If you mean you have to manually adjust the ffb everytime you switch cars that's just wrong.

Basically the reason I posted this. The guy goes on to state that as sims get closer to real life they feel similar as well. He is hitting real world speeds on the track [in both AC and pCars2] as the real lap video he provides a link to as well. He can handle the car in both sims in the same manner and is running within .5 seconds a lap of each other as well.

Also as an avid sim racer who owns a T300 and plays both Assetto Corsa and pCars2 as my main cup of sim and have tested GT-S and find that AC and pCars2 have almost identical characteristics while GT-S is far from these two in regards to FFB. If anyone can tell what the the tires are doing during braking in GT-S please inbox me the secret. Also pretty well understood that Kunos and SMS have gathered real world telemetry data and utilized it for their approach at their physics and tire models while PD has not indicated they used any real world data but instead crafted their model in-house.
Yeah just finished watching to the vid. I have similar conclusions. I still think AC has the edge, just, in both handling and ffb back but it's very close. Amazing to see two sims and real life being so closely matched. How anybody could even begin to argue that GTS comes anywhere close to what these two offer in terms of handling and ffb really does boggle the mind. Oh, and I want his rig!

And I here, with my boggled mind who is wondering: Why do I find the handling and force feedback of Assetto Corsa so wonderful and PC2's so bad? Any defects in my steering wheel?

And I here, with my boggled mind who is wondering: Why do I find the handling and force feedback of Assetto Corsa so wonderful and PC2's so bad? Any defects in my steering wheel?

What flavor are you using and what are your sliders set to?

If you are using the T300 and set to RAW flavor... then you could be experiencing quite a bit of clipping and losing the detail you get in AC.

In AC I get more weight when downforce is increasing than I do in pCars2 but as far as slip, edge of grip, and brake lock-up I get very very similar detail when comparing the exact same car on the exact same track.

Either you posted in the wrong thread or your insecurities are causing you to lash out in trolling.

What flavor are you using and what are your sliders set to?

If you are using the T300 and set to RAW flavor... then you could be experiencing quite a bit of clipping and losing the detail you get in AC.

In AC I get more weight when downforce is increasing than I do in pCars2 but as far as slip, edge of grip, and brake lock-up I get very very similar detail when comparing the exact same car on the exact same track.

Are you playing on ps4 or PC?

I play it on PS4 and I can assure you that I tried all the possible settings to see if the handling was pleasing to me but I was not successful.
It does not feel like I'm driving a car, it seems more is that I'm inside a box (without wheels) being dragged by a truck and still being hit on both sides by a wrecking ball when I brake the car to start a curve or even in the middle of it. Sad but is MY reality.

Are you playing on ps4 or PC?

I play it on PS4 and I can assure you that I tried all the possible settings to see if the handling was pleasing to me but I was not successful.
It does not feel like I'm driving a car, it seems more is that I'm inside a box (without wheels) being dragged by a truck and still being hit on both sides by a wrecking ball when I brake the car to start a curve or even in the middle of it. Sad but is MY reality.
Then there is something very wrong with either your game, wheel or console. Watch the video posted, the guys explains how it's very difficult to tell AC and PC2 apart and he would have a hard time choosing which was the best.

DLC without correcting the bad handling and force feedback? I do not think so, thank you.

Sorry, but maybe the handling and FFB is too much for you?:rolleyes:

By the way, the patch is most likely going to be released before or, maybe, at the same time as the first DLC.

Cheer up, PC2 is just as good, if not better than GTS and AC:gtpflag:

What are you talking about? If you mean you have to manually adjust the ffb everytime you switch cars that's just wrong.

Well, that is the case in this game, you have to adjust your FFB settings for each car because one car will feel like a dump truck and the next will feel like you're using a non-FFB wheel. Of course this means if you want consistency you basically need to keep a list of what FFB settings you used for each car so the next time you go to drive that car it will feel the same as you remember it. And yes, that's just wrong and very frustrating.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding and please correct me if I'm wrong, but do people expect every car to feel the same through their wheel?
I would be quite disappointed if that were the case.

Agreed. The only thing I have to change between cars sometimes is volume.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding and please correct me if I'm wrong, but do people expect every car to feel the same through their wheel?
I would be quite disappointed if that were the case.

I knew that comment was coming. :sly: I've owned a dozen cars from a VW Vanagon to a Mini Cooper S, I've driven probably well over a hundred different cars, yes they all feel unique but they're all roughly in the same ballpark. In PC2 some are in the same ballpark, some are in the same town, some aren't even in the same country, at least on my system. The range is far too wide and thus they need to be adjusted to get them back into the same ballpark. Why do people think that wanting to have them in the same ballpark (like in real life) means we want them to all feel exactly the same? Please don't put words in my mouth. :)

Here's my car history if you're interested in my driving experience. Quite a range of driving types there.

Agreed. The only thing I have to change between cars sometimes is volume.

Me too, but I have to adjust it from 40-80 depending on the car which seems a bit extreme to me. Why not let us have adjustments for each car like most other sims do so we're not constantly having to chase things? I believe it was an option in the first game, no?

Me too, but I have to adjust it from 40-80 depending on the car which seems a bit extreme to me. Why not let us have adjustments for each car like most other sims do so we're not constantly having to chase things? I believe it was an option in the first game, no?

Don't remember to be honest. The FFB settings in the first game were so overwhelming that I just used the jack spade settings for each car. I also have to make some extreme adjustments to volume between some cars. I'm just not too bothered with it though. Just happy I can make the adjustment while on track and don't have to back out of a race.

Not putting words in your mouth, it was an honest question based off what I was reading.
Like @JeffKill above, I've got my FFB dialled in so it feels good for me. By good I mean that I'm getting feedback of what the car is doing so I can react to it.

All I do is adjust the volume on the fly to make the wheel heavier or lighter, and I can feel the differences between cars.

Not putting words in your mouth, it was an honest question based off what I was reading.

Sorry, that's the canned response the apologists use anytime someone mentions wanting to be able to save FFB settings for individual cars and it triggers me because it's taking a complex issue and turning it into a yes/no situation. Of course all cars feel different but if you were to drive five different saloon cars and 4 felt fairly similar (yet unique) but one of them felt like a dump truck with broken steering you'd probably think that was wrong and undesirable.

All I do is adjust the volume on the fly to make the wheel heavier or lighter, and I can feel the differences between cars.

Which illustrates my point perfectly. Say you drive Car A and get the Volume adjusted nicely, then you drive Car B and have to slightly tweak the Volume, take Car C to the track and make another slight Volume adjustment, repeat for Car D and Car E. Now take Car A back to the track and it feels different from the first time you drove it because you've made several little Volume adjustments for the other cars and now you can't remember what your preferred Volume setting for Car A was. Was it 43, or 47, or 55? Unless you're keeping a list of your settings to refer to you'll never know. To me that's a pretty frustrating and unnecessary situation.

Now it's my turn. Please don't put me in a box with those people.
I'm quite capable of thinking for myself and expressing my thoughts.

Wasn't my intention at all, sorry if my words weren't clear. I was just saying you happened to use the same comment they do which is why I responded in the way I did because I knew it was coming and I had my rebuttal all loaded up and ready to go. :D But using the same comment doesn't automatically put you in their box. :)

I can only speak of the PC2 demo via PC with CSW1. I’m using the Spade files to try and increase FFB steength, default was very weak.

My issue with the feedback is this: during the initial moments of traction loss, namely oversteer mid corner, there is no feedback. This was the case with all 3 cars in the demo. [Edit] I have to rely on visual cues to notice the car is rotating 5 degrees more than anticipated, indicating a loss of grip while applying power.

Maybe that reflects what happens in real life, but sitting in a stationary chassis I can’t feel the cars momentum change. I need the games FFB to do that.

And in that sense, PCARS2 demo is worse than GT Sport, AC, iRacing, RF2, etc.

Last edited:
I should say it's quite possible the auto-tune for the FFB is what causes me to have such varied results from one car to the next. I tend to forget it exists so I'm adjusting the Volume before it's had a chance to do its thing which probably confuses it and ends up in mixed/inconsistent results. Really wish there was an option to disable that auto-tune feature.

Looks like a race version of the '66 already in the game to me, considering there isn't an actual 1966 RTR in existence
I know rtr tunes modern fords, but I wasn’t sure if they had done anything with the classics. The ‘66 looks like a modern chassis rather than a true ‘66 from the pic to me is all.

Which illustrates my point perfectly. Say you drive Car A and get the Volume adjusted nicely, then you drive Car B and have to slightly tweak the Volume, take Car C to the track and make another slight Volume adjustment, repeat for Car D and Car E. Now take Car A back to the track and it feels different from the first time you drove it because you've made several little Volume adjustments for the other cars and now you can't remember what your preferred Volume setting for Car A was. Was it 43, or 47, or 55? Unless you're keeping a list of your settings to refer to you'll never know. To me that's a pretty frustrating and unnecessary situation.

I don't think changing volume per car is grossly asking much from a player. The above are the exact steps I take in both AC and pcars while getting a car dialed in (been a while but pretty sure FFB strength sticks per car in AC so I'll tip the hat). Setup changes, car/track warming up, etc may make the FFB a bit light or heavy - few clicks on a knob and done. No need to remember numbers, adjust to your preference/situation on the fly.

Anyway, FFB is all personal taste. Everyone will be different in their desired output. The tools needed to reach desired output are in place (thank sim lords its on the fly).

*DLC looks "fun" ;)

I don't think changing volume per car is grossly asking much from a player. The above are the exact steps I take in both AC and pcars while getting a car dialed in (been a while but pretty sure FFB strength sticks per car in AC so I'll tip the hat). Setup changes, car/track warming up, etc may make the FFB a bit light or heavy - few clicks on a knob and done. No need to remember numbers, adjust to your preference/situation on the fly.

Anyway, FFB is all personal taste. Everyone will be different in their desired output. The tools needed to reach desired output are in place (thank sim lords its on the fly).

*DLC looks "fun" ;)

Right, I'd just like it to stick like it does in AC and R3E and rF2 so I don't have to screw with it all the time, which I don't think is too much to ask (especially since I believe the option was in PC1). :)

Exciting! I'd better brush up on my rally driving skills in time for this pack. Feels good having the season pass.

Back