Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
These questions must have been asked a trillion times (sorry :nervous:) but still I wanna know and I'm quite lazy about reading the 138 pages in this thread you guys are impressive writers.
So :
- any news about offline championships (with customable races as in pcars1) ?
- and same question about the possibility of customizing your own grid, chosing the classes, and even the cars, and even the liveries ? (with obviously in the back of my mind creating a 24h lemans with lmp's and gte, or group 4 and 5)

These questions must have been asked a trillion times (sorry :nervous:) but still I wanna know and I'm quite lazy about reading the 138 pages in this thread you guys are impressive writers.
So :
- any news about offline championships (with customable races as in pcars1) ?

If you mean offline custom championship, not at launch. Maybe later. Custom single races, yes.

- and same question about the possibility of customizing your own grid, chosing the classes, and even the cars, and even the liveries ? (with obviously in the back of my mind creating a 24h lemans with lmp's and gte, or group 4 and 5)
Classes, yes - up to 4 different classes. Specifying individual cars/liveries - no.

What exactly is PhotoScene in the Circuit Selection screen?

PC2 PhotoScene.png

1-GT Sport will have 24 players online ONLY in SPORT MODE with the dedicated servers.
Normal lobbies will be P2P servers as Project and older GT games up to 16 players (and no working online rating system, that will only work on Sport mode)

2 they didn't say anything about DLCs, only thing that it would be 4 packs with cars and track each.
Information in the oficial website in the season pass explanation.

3- you have the Q&A with Ian Bell here on GTP with lot of information.
And in the oficial website also

Is it confirmed that multiplayer lobby will be compsed from 16 players?

I really want some things that people are talking about and questioning that won't get answered to be revealed when the game comes out and be better than anyone expected. That'll be a great moment when you turn on the game for yourself and see.

Need some USA - EST leagues. Weekdays at 8-9pm is a good start time. The weekends I work too late but I can try to get my schedule changed if something is worth it.

Is it confirmed that multiplayer lobby will be compsed from 16 players?
In GT Sport, outside Sport mode, yes.

In Pcars 2 we still don't know 100% but if pcars 1 where P2P servers hosted by Sony an Microsoft, i don't expect more than 16 players lobbies on pcars 2 either

People make it out to be the worst racing game out there. Have they looked at Gran Turismo.... besides the graphics, photo mode, and online what else are they doing better than pcars? Yea FFB, overly agressive AI, the super buggy release, and the slightly off physics were the issues with pcars1. But it's no doubt playable though.
It cannot be overstated that Project CARS, even two years later, remains the only mainstream, feature-complete Racing Simulator on the market.
F1 2016 is mainstream and feature complete, but only offers F1, obviously. I wouldn't argue with you if you wanted to throw it in. Otherwise, there are no other contenders. The only other games in contention are PC Sims which have been out for ages, but aren't available on consoles.

I really hope we are going to see some more console footage rather soon. PC stuff looks great but I am a console player and the lack of info, vids and screens is worrying me a little bit.

There's a comparison video on the video thread. Looks nearly identical

Have a Porsche Cup league and Season 6 of the Elite IndyCar Series mapped out already. 20+ signed up for indycar. I just didn't want to post anything and be a nuisance.

Has anybody tested the 3 variants of the Ligier JS P2 LMP2 car, and noticed any real differences among the Nissan, Honda and Judd engines?

I don't think I've even seen gameplay of the Honda one yet. I'm going to the guess the Honda has the heaviest engine and higher CoG, leading to handling differences.

Question: how long are repair times when the damage is severe? For example, if you run the Lotus 98 at full boost boost until engine damage is ~90%, how long would the pit stop take to fix this?

I don't think I've even seen gameplay of the Honda one yet. I'm going to the guess the Honda has the heaviest engine and higher CoG, leading to handling differences.

Question: how long are repair times when the damage is severe? For example, if you run the Lotus 98 at full boost boost until engine damage is ~90%, how long would the pit stop take to fix this?
Is that what the % is for on the engine hud? The hotter it gets the less power and more damage?

Is that what the % is for on the engine hud? The hotter it gets the less power and more damage?

Yes. The other two percentages are for aero damage, front and rear. There's a video in Spanish that shows some of it. I think engine damage isn't just on heat, and I don't know if the game reduces power based on damage of the engine.

I still don't get what's the deal with people hating pCARS. I rarely see overly negative comments from pCARS crew towards other games, certainly not to the same level. I guess hating on others is the trend these days considering we now have a great role model at the top of the country.

As if a politician started the internet hating on others .... LMAO.

I really hope we are going to see some more console footage rather soon. PC stuff looks great but I am a console player and the lack of info, vids and screens is worrying me a little bit.
Agree, i am an Xbox one player and i am starting to get worried. The lack of xbox footage is the only thing that keeps me from preordering.

Back