Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
They probably can find them but what's the point having a team that's 3/4 seconds off the pace?

As for the classic circuit, I agree. It's not impossible. However, Imola might want x amount more for the classic version which they'd deem to be unreasonable. The exact reason why we don't have modern Suzuka.
If it's a one make like all the f1 cars we have who cares of pace relative to other unavailable cars?

Also I would love to drive them in any case, why we have 500 abarth even thought we have Ferrari 430? Different car different experience

Question to WMD members. Is HDR supported on PC? Seems like only Xbox has HDR at the moment. I've see the HDR menu in PC builds but it was greyed out. I'm going to be streaming from PC to Sheild TV to 4K HDR TV, so really hope it's supported at launch or in D1P.

I started a thread about HDR development in pCARS 2... Very positive, nothing but positive, with question of if developers might add just 2-3 sentences?

It got deleted in minutes and I got 5 "warning points" and some of my other posts deleted as "had nothing to do with topic"...

Now, did they or didn't they?

We all could have already been completely informed AND moved on. You already could have received all that information! But no... no.

If it's a one make like all the f1 cars we have who cares of pace relative to other unavailable cars?

Also I would love to drive them in any case, why we have 500 abarth even thought we have Ferrari 430? Different car different experience
Pace is important because it's the same class. Would you rather have a far more easily accessible 1997 Williams/Ferrari or would you rather have the 1997 Minardi despite there being a reasonable chance you won't be able to find it?

Sure, I'd take more cars and I like the Minardi team but I doubt many others are in the same boat.

It got deleted in minutes and I got 5 "warning points" and some of my other posts deleted as "had nothing to do with topic"...

We all could have already been completely informed AND moved on. You already could have received all that information! But no... no.

Sounds like there's a genuine reason why your thread was closed. Maybe they'd like you to move on before you caused more arguments...

In other news, a nice picture of Sonoma at night. Maybe for PC3?

I started a thread about HDR development in pCARS 2... Very positive, nothing but positive, with question of if developers might add just 2-3 sentences?

Maybe don't ask the same question 30 different times in the space of 3 or 4 days, I realise you're being civil and positive about it but constantly posting the same thing over and over again comes across as spammy even if you don't mean it to

Maybe don't ask the same question 30 different times in the space of 3 or 4 days, I realise you're being civil and positive about it but constantly posting the same thing over and over again comes across as spammy even if you don't mean it to

Maybe be more present when you comment anyone? Regarding HDR I was posing ONE question - very short one, on conversations already started - per day! Thank you very much.
But even after you can witness today how many twisted avoided unclear answers were given - or deliberately NOT given - not according to me, but other members, you are just covering further.

And doing classic messenger blaming! Fantastic.

Just had a thought. If I set 4 weather slots to Rainstorm x3 and the last one clear, will it take longer to dry out than two slots of Rainstorm and clear?

And some games are sponsored by AMD. However, many more are sponsored by Nvidia. As a consumer you really should take such things into account when you make your hardware choices.

Still , they can't pretend that AMD owners don't exist . F1 2017 runs almost the same on both AMD and Nvidia cards . I am sure SMS can do the same . I saw there also AI glitches and other stuff so i will wait patches to see if they improve the game , because i am still interested ,

Again, until the GPU Drivers are updated for the game, no one knows how the game will perform. That link is conjecture based on the current drivers. It may be valid. It may not. But it is conjecture, nonetheless.

When the game drops and it performs poorly, please come back and create a thread saying so. That is your best course of action.

Exactly this. We are much better this time around on AMD but we absolutely will need a driver tweak as we did before.
I just read that PC1 was sponsored by Nvidia . That explains a lot .

It wasn't. We got support from their engineers to optimise code. No 'sponsoring'. They do this for all teams.

Edit, I see you're all over this thread so I'll give you more background. We had ongoing testing since day 1 with nearly 1000 AMD cards in 1000 WMD user machines. Our engine works in a quite specific way with a lot of draw calls and AMD cards don't particularly enjoy that by comparison to the competition. We did work long and hard to get them to where they are now and I suspect a driver tweak from AMD will get us to within 10% That 10% is down to what I've just described. Our game runs more efficiently overall also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pcars2 is built on Pcars1 code partly, of course. But what is the Pcars1 - Pcars2 ratio in the new code? @IanBell Thank you.

You'll be surprised to hear that only about 20% of the rendering code is retained. We rewrote most of the engine to dredge a little more efficiency out of it. On physics it's probably 30% or so new. That being new drivetrain and differential code, new throttling code and two new aspects to the tyre modelling code. The audio is a new system using revs on fmod. AI is probably 30% new.

In single player mode-not online are we able to create a race with multiple classes and choose those classes taking part. I've seen footage of multi class racing but Im not sure as to whether it was part of a championship in career mode or what not. As much as I like to race within a class, its quite interesting sometimes to have different types of cars in the same race. I believe Ive seen one video where an Indycar and a Caterham were sharing the track which was quite a contrast!

For those in the know, does PC2 have an option to automatically set the weather to present real world track weather conditions?
I really hope this is the case. Many weeks/months ago I was told in the Q&A that REAL weather was still in, but I haven't seen anything concrete about it since. However there has been hints with regards to setting exact conditions for specific race dates to replicate the real world conditions of a particular race.

Our league has been using Real weather since day 1 of pCARS1 and have been looking forward to an improved system.

Hopefully @IanBell or @The_American can clarify please?

For those in the know, does PC2 have an option to automatically set the weather to present real world track weather conditions?

Real weather option is in again. Can only confirm this for PC though because I haven't seen the console version yet.

In single player mode-not online are we able to create a race with multiple classes and choose those classes taking part. I've seen footage of multi class racing but Im not sure as to whether it was part of a championship in career mode or what not. As much as I like to race within a class, its quite interesting sometimes to have different types of cars in the same race. I believe Ive seen one video where an Indycar and a Caterham were sharing the track which was quite a contrast!

Yes, you can freely choose up to 4 classes in both SP and MP races.

You know this game is good when Nick Andrew from AR12 Gaming can "drift" a 1200 HP Mazda MX-5. And do a 360. If he can do it, it means I can too. Clearly the tyre model has improved drastically. If a guy with little knowledge of car control can play this game, it must be bloody brilliant.

It shouldn't matter, as it will be downloaded as part of the base game most likely and since it has no new content it will only update existing files, barely impacting the original space requirements.

Asking as I have rural internet and will be super keen to play it asap lol

Asking as I have rural internet and will be super keen to play it asap lol

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think it won't be a separate download is what I meant, but included in the initial download of the game, meaning no extra download and very minimal extra space needed due to only the original files being changed, but we'll see. Personally, I expect a dozen megabytes extra at most.

Edit: Ian Bell is talking live and answering questions on there right now

Cool, never heard him before. It's always nice to put a voice behind the text you read.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think it won't be a separate download is what I meant, but included in the initial download of the game, meaning no extra download, but we'll see.

Cool, never heard him before. It's always nice to put a voice behind the text you read.

Ian is coming across really well, I'm loving listening to him

Back