Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
On the stream, while talking about the FFB, Ian says they rewrote the physics from scratch. I'm confused now.

I think he meant for PC1, but here on the forums he also mentioned that a large chunk of the physics was updated for PC2 as well.

EDIT: Ah, here it is:
You'll be surprised to hear that only about 20% of the rendering code is retained. We rewrote most of the engine to dredge a little more efficiency out of it. On physics it's probably 30% or so new. That being new drivetrain and differential code, new throttling code and two new aspects to the tyre modelling code. The audio is a new system using revs on fmod. AI is probably 30% new.

I think he meant for PC1, but here on the forums he also mentioned that a large chunk of the physics was updated for PC2 as well.

EDIT: Ah, here it is:

That's exactly what I quoted.

On physics it's probably 30% or so new.

Oh, I'm an idiot, I managed to miss that completely. :D

Sorry, yeah, so that is why I think he meant PC1 in the video.

They were talking about how awesome the FFB is in pC2 (the host was comparing it to F1 2017 that he had just been playing a few days before).

But yeah, what matters is if it's good or not in the end.

On the stream, while talking about the FFB, Ian says they rewrote the physics from scratch. I'm confused now.
I was hearing Ian say "from scratch" and thinking exactly the same (the 30%).

But hey, like you said, no need to go literal.

Why does he sound so salty when speaking about the "Hard Core" sim racers.
Because a lot of the harcore sim community will not give PCars the time of day. If it's not iRacing, RFactor 2 or Automobilista they don't want to know. One of the biggest cases of cutting your nose off to spite your face that you could ever wish to see. I like my hardcore sims but some members of that community are really not nice people.

Pretty much what he said. it's not hard to drive a car in real life, why do the SIM lot want it harder than it really is...........
Yep. The tricky bit is not driving a car, or for a lot of cars getting it back from the limit. The tricky bit is finding the limit for each part of the track (as it changes) and then driving on it consistently.

Last edited:
@BrainsBush I see you on the video above ;)asking what time on the 22nd? I think you have the digital download like I have:cheers:. These usually get unlocked at midnight on the 21st. 12.01am etc. If you go into your library and click on the icon you should see the countdown timer to midnight etc 👍

@BrainsBush I see you on the video above ;)asking what time on the 22nd? I think you have the digital download like I have:cheers:. These usually get unlocked at midnight on the 21st. 12.01am etc. If you go into your library and click on the icon you should see the countdown timer to midnight etc 👍
then I have to do the housecleaning early in the morning ;)

Back