Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
wow!!! gonna check ps store now thanks.. @StefanMac

can only see the season pass on ps store, if i get that, is there any cars now because it says save money by buying this, once packs are released..

Last edited:
I just want to know how to tune out lift-off oversteer. It was so simple in PC1 to just raise the pre-load diff setting. I'm having a lot of trouble with the Porsche Cayman Cup at Red Bull Ring Turn 2

Try the decel setting (called coast this time around I believe) in the diff settings instead, more specifically raising it.

I just want to know how to tune out lift-off oversteer. It was so simple in PC1 to just raise the pre-load diff setting. I'm having a lot of trouble with the Porsche Cayman Cup at Red Bull Ring Turn 2
Was driving this car at RBR myself last night and didn't find the lift-off oversteer too bad, insofar as I even softened the front roll bar fully (to 60) and stiffened the rear a bit. I did increase the front slow rebound so you could try this, and also soften the rear, as well as doing the same with the rear spring rate. I find damper adjustments can help with lift-off oversteer quite a lot, perhaps more so than the springs. I think I also adjusted the individual gear ratios as you can't move the final drive, and was in 1st gear a lot for turn 2, yet the car was still well balanced.

It's a nice car to drive, but I don't like the engine tone much.

Okay, I'm sorry but is no one else having this bug?

I toggle TC or ABS on, go about my way, and the next time I hit the button it says Traction Control On, as if it was off that whole time. What the hell is going on. I can't race if I can't trust that I'll have ABS into a braking zone. I'm going like normal and then all of a sudden when I make the same maneuver I made last lap it makes me spin uncontrollably with the noise of tires squealing. Why?

0_o What? Just gimme some numbers that you changed sucka lol
I just turned the PS4 off! :lol: Be on again soon though. It was just a few clicks on the front slow rebound IIRC, it should keep the suspension from bouncing back again after heavy braking into that corner which may help you out. Rear springs at 200 I believe, not sure if I even changed them. I had to soften the front roll bar and stiffen the rear as there's no option for downforce adjustment and it dind't wanna turn in much with the stock tune. Also I'm not sure the car has ABS, so you gotta brake early so as not to lock the wheels, which also doesn't help lol. I'll get back to you later if I remember :D

Yea, it has ABS. I'll figure it out lol. I think I'm having trouble with the second to last turn because of the elevation change. You can see on the HUD that the TC and ABS are still on so it's weird.

I think I figured it out. I kept hitting the button and it cycles through On/On/Off consistently. Maybe it's the Low and High versions you see in the full options menu? But there's nothing on screen to tell you which one you're on.

I think I read somewhere that it should be possible to fastforward the practice session of 30 minutes in stead of skipping to the end.
Where is the FF or equivalent button? Playing VR and cannot find this feature anywhere? Am I missing something?

Thanks for the support :)

Edit: This is what I read in the digital manual:
• SKIP TO END
If you think you’ve delivered all you can, or you simply just want to fast-forward to the end of a session, click this button. This doesn’t end a session there, however: the remainder of the session will be simulated and the performances of other cars during the remaining virtual time will be calculated, so results may change in a session that’s been skipped.

But when I push the 'skip to the end' button it immediately skips to the end?

Last edited:
Okay, I'm sorry but is no one else having this bug?

I toggle TC or ABS on, go about my way, and the next time I hit the button it says Traction Control On, as if it was off that whole time. What the hell is going on. I can't race if I can't trust that I'll have ABS into a braking zone. I'm going like normal and then all of a sudden when I make the same maneuver I made last lap it makes me spin uncontrollably with the noise of tires squealing. Why?
Try looking at the indicator on the Rev counter on your husband. That's what I always look at to see if it's there or not. It's never turned off or on for me though

Anyone have FFB settings yet? I have a DFGT and the cars are extremely hard to manage, especially keeping them in a straight line on straightaways. The wobble is just hell to keep straight.

Anyone have an LG B6 OLED as their TV by any chance? I’m trying to find the most lag-free settings. I already use Game Mode, but maybe there are some other things I can tweak. Problem is I’m streaming from a PC to Shield TV, so that introduces a little lag already, so I just want to make the TV itself as responsive as can be. I feel like that’s part of the problem playing with a controller, playing on my PC monitor is much easier.
I’ve got one but I use it as my main TV so it’s set up for picture quality and I only game on it occasionally with a game pad. My rig has a dedicated 4K monitor on it so low input lag. The only advice I could give you is to keep gaming mode and make sure you turn off any processing the TV does.

Anyone have FFB settings yet? I have a DFGT and the cars are extremely hard to manage, especially keeping them in a straight line on straightaways. The wobble is just hell to keep straight.

I’ve found that immersive flavour does that to my wheel on Xbox. Changing to Raw got rid of it.

Remind me what it was lol
It's a 4 wheeled car so it will go wherever you point it pretty much.

It's going well so far.
DKcFrRvXkAEiuil.jpg:large

Yes, I have realised my mistake. However, I will leave it there for comedic purposes. I obviously meant 4WD car.

Last edited:
You kinda need Traction Control when driving the Porsche 918. I was driving it yesterday on Algarve and it was so unstable accelerating out of corners. The torque and insane boost from the KERS system completely overwhelms me without Traction Control. The Huayra also needs it. Now I know why they have to have it on these cars in real life! Because they can't put the power down!

I never thought I'd ever say this but damn. NASCAR is fun. I Will Power'd my way to the bottom at Daytona and stuck there for the opening 2 laps before he got on the inside and we both went high into the wall. Even then, driving on your own is awesome.

Makes you wonder what's the point outside of using that power on a straight-away just to impress people...

I'm in an online lobby right now doing Group 5 at Texas Road Course. I'm in the Porsche and damn if it couldn't get a fifth gear lol

Edit: Well that didn't last long. First turn into the infield and everyone crashed...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've discovered you can watch a session from trackside when parked in the garage. The camera is super shaky, but it beats staring at the menu screen while waiting for qualifying to finish since skipping to the end has such drastic consequences.

Back