Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
By the way, I really love the realistic dates when you select race settings. I happened to have a full moon at the nordschleife and my goodness, go have a cruise there at night. The moon is so bright just turn your headlights off, it looks fantastic!

By the way, I really love the realistic dates when you select race settings. I happened to have a full moon at the nordschleife and my goodness, go have a cruise there at night. The moon is so bright just turn your headlights off, it looks fantastic!
What date?

I'm driving in the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo with a multi class ST/GT3/GTE multiclass. The ambient temperature is 36 degrees celcius which is hot.

About every race my engine keeps blowing consistently around one and a half laps in out of three. I'm trying everything to get it to stop happening, anyone know why?

Just did an hour long GT3 race at long beach. Started in the rain ended in the night in the dry. Saw a distinct drying line, aquaplaned on a puddle. This game is amazing when it works.

I'm done for tonight. These menu freezes are making me want to do something I don't want to do. Time for Battlefield 1.

Penguin, we're not seeing any menu freezes or hearing other reports. Can you give me more information on when exactly they occur? Is it multiplayer only? Is the game fully installed? How are the freezes manifesting exactly?

Penguin, we're not seeing any menu freezes or hearing other reports. Can you give me more information on when exactly they occur? Is it multiplayer only? Is the game fully installed? How are the freezes manifesting exactly?
I will message you privately will all the details.

Only played for half an hour, but so far pretty pleased.

So far I'm not have any trouble while using a controller despite not changing any settings (other than my utter incompetence on ovals...) and can catch all but the biggest screw ups.

I'm driving in the Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo with a multi class ST/GT3/GTE multiclass. The ambient temperature is 36 degrees celcius which is hot.

About every race my engine keeps blowing consistently around one and a half laps in out of three. I'm trying everything to get it to stop happening, anyone know why?
I've blown engines more than a few times already. I'm guessing some causes are if AI have tapped me, I tap AI, I'm in dirty air or after an off-road excursion(not too sure about this one, but I went off, didn't hit anything and half a lap later, I was told I have engine damage and loss of power).

I've blown engines more than a few times already. I'm guessing some causes are if AI have tapped me, I tap AI, I'm in dirty air or after an off-road excursion(not too sure about this one, but I went off, didn't hit anything and half a lap later, I was told I have engine damage and loss of power).

We simulate debris from off road excursions blocking up the air intake ducts. It's quite gentle though.

But I'm running four-lap multi class races with no mandatory pit stops. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
I'm running 10min races. I tell you, if the same thing happens in a real life sprint race, a team's race is over anyway.

I finally figured out the TC and ABS thing. It toggles through Off - Low - High. I hit it once, checked the menu and saw it showed Low instead of High from when I manually set it in the menus. Hit it again, checked the menu and it was on High.

2012: Wilson wins at Texas for Coyne
2017: Wilson wins at Texas for Coyne. ;)

DKdIE5DXoAAmQRg.jpg:large

@IanBell

Two things i noticed with both P1s

First neither back flame :boggled: already have over 100 miles in the GTR and its pretty silly to see both P1s not back flame :(

Second thing i noticed is the back wing doesn't move on neither? With the normal P1 the back wing goes forward when you break and it goes down when at high speed? With the GTR is changes position when at high speed, neither of that is happening? :(

Other then those two things i love the game :D

Edit
i stand corrected on the normal P1? The back wing does react to the speed change :)

Last edited:
Okay, I'm now shocked. It's easier for me to drive a Porsche 935 with no assists than a Gr.A Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R. I figured the 935 would be crazier than the Skyline.

@IanBell

Two things i noticed with both P1s

First neither black flame :boggled: already have over 100 miles in the GTR and its pretty silly to see both P1s not back flame :(

Second thing i noticed is the back wing doesn't move on neither? With the normal P1 the back wing goes forward when you break and it goes down when at high speed? With the GTR is changes position when at high speed, neither of that is happening? :(

Other then those two things i love the game :D

Edit
i stand corrected on the normal P1? The back wing does react to the speed change :)

Keep playing more and you might spot a backflame also :)

Joking aside I'll look into it.

Game menu is stupidly slow for other people too right?

Im getting that too.
It looks like that it gets slower the more I use it.
My quick race menu is the more used and the slowest. If I get back from a race it is freezing for 10-15 seconds. If I got from the main menu it gets the same. Other menus are faster but they seem slower from the begining. EDIT: Im on PS4.

---

To prevent double post I am posting here another subject.
Thanks to Ian @IanBell and @The_American presence (thanks for answering me!) I would like to point out that some cars (it should not be few) are pretty bad with stock setup. Some of them undriveable. I have tried only about 10-15 cars, so there´s likely some more. These are:
- Clio Cup
- Megane Road Car
- Audi A1
- McLaren 720S (the easier from the list)

Its quite strange that these first 3 hatch cars are harder than a Acura NSX GT3 to drive. Or even Toyota GT1. They are supposed to be entry cars for begginers, but they are beasts to drive. They should be easy drive. The McLaren being difficult is something believable althought.

Also, I would like to point that your very fast AI (someone or something really should point out that it is the AI that got faster from PC1 and not the player that got slower) is faster than usual in Group A and GT1.
In Group 5, the AI has more grip (or at least it looks like) and starts way faster than the player. Its almost impossible to race with Gr. 5 cars against the AI, since the AI gets way more acceleration.

It would be good if SMS provided a list of the cars recommended to be used in the snow. I´ve tried the Ford F150 (the "truck") and the Toyota GT 86 and they were fine. Tried RallyCross cars in the snow, and they are very hard to drive there, but way easier without snow. Tried VIntage Touring Nissan on snow at Spa Historic. I couldnt even climb the Rouge.

There are bugs on the game but I think there are enough people who already pointed that out. And I could write a review, but a lot of people already done that (although some reviews are quite exaggerated or unrealistic).

PS: Group A is out of balance. Ford Sierra is way faster in AI hands, and the BMW is way slower. Some categories need to have their balance of perfomance reviewed. From now, I would point, without even testing since the difference is so big that observation is enough, excluding Road Cars: Group A and Vintage Touring (both VT). A nice way to test the balance is putting the AI to do qualify for 15-20 minutes and look if there is a faster or slower car.

Last edited:
I can confirm there are tire marks that show on grass. Not only that they are the best I have seen in a game as when you zoom in on photomode you can clearly see shards of grass and mud flicking up as you go. It leaves tracks on every wheel from when you press brake.
Awesome :bowdown:

^^ mud as you slide

Propably a stupid question but how do I delete an assignment from certain button in the controller assignment menu?
Also wondering this. Assigning the button to something else seems to be the only option, but every button should probably be assigned to something anyway.

I was finally starting to enjoy the game yesterday, and now when I tried to continue my career I find out my career progress is gone completely.

Good stuff :banghead:

I finally figured out the TC and ABS thing. It toggles through Off - Low - High. I hit it once, checked the menu and saw it showed Low instead of High from when I manually set it in the menus. Hit it again, checked the menu and it was on High.

I noticed this too, thanks for the confirmation. Would be nice if the in-game message when switching assist would mention the level they are at, instead of just on and off. Would be less confusing that way.

Back