Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
A couple of hot laps at Knockhill. The 2nd one in the McLaren is 6th on the leaderboard atm - a very twitchy car,you really have to feather the controls,but very quick when nailed. The Astra is a nice car to drive also. That first downhill section you can lose it so easily in any car and ive still yet to master the final corner - cost me some time.

It looks like leaving the tyres on automatic by weather is not working in snow races, In the RX Lites winter championship I was struggling to keep on the road at 20mph with the standard setup, once I changed to Ice tyres it was fine.

Hi,

I started in Tier 4 Cayman Cup. First series was "Euro Cup". Settings are AI 80, agressiveness 50. Won all races, gap to second place in practice and quali is 1-2 seconds.

Now it's on to "International Cup", still Cayman. First event is Fuji, I know the track well. Same settings (80/50) as above. Now I'm on the last place in practice, gap to first place is 2-3 seconds.

What's going on here?

D.

Has anybody tried the Formula X yet? It says it has over 1100bhp but the most I see (using the live telemetry setting hud) is only about 700ish. The boost is up full and the air restrictor is as open as it can be. Any thoughts would be useful :cheers:

@IanBell I’m also getting the menu freezing thing on a PS4Pro. Coming from any game mode it can sit for 10-15 seconds before responding to the controls to change options then does all the presses you’ve done at once.

Also, the events section with COTA and the Indy car etc has a problem with saving the lap you complete. I’ve posted lap times and there’s no option to return to pits and even though exiting says it’s saving it’s not.

Saving setups and the whole settings section needs work example NZ track in rookies open wheeler in the ice and snow always gives only ice tires and won’t allow any setup changes to the car. It’s next to impossible to drive. I’m getting messages that there’s shared setups coming in, but the logo is still grey’d out and there’s nothing in the settings files from anyone else.

Hello guys! I heard that pCARS 2 has 2 setup presets for your car, loose and stable. Where can I find these presets?

They are not available on the consoles yet, will be included in the next patch IIRC.

On the PC you can see them clearly listed in the available setups when you are selecting which one to load, although I've found that when you have a custom setup saved, the default ones don't always appear. The saving/loading of setups seem a bit buggy at the moment, in multiple ways.

Hi,

found out what has happened:

This:
1.jpg

leeds to that:
2.jpg

And this:
3.jpg

leeds to that:
4.jpg

So when driving-ads are set to authentic the stabilitycontrol should be on (as shown greyed in the setingsdialog), but it is off while driving.

Is this a known issue?
If not, where to report?

D.

So when driving-ads are set to authentic the stabilitycontrol should be on (as shown greyed in the setingsdialog), but it is off while driving.

When aids are set to Authentic, ignore the greyed out options. They are grey because they are not in effect, it doesn't matter what setting they show. With the Authentic setting, the cars themselves dictate what aids are enabled and on what level. If a car doesn't have Stability Control, it won't be enabled with the Authentic setting for example.

So todays aim was going to be raise my driver rating above 1600 to start filtering out some of the riff raff as it were. Finished race, game increased me to E1556. Exited online before the next race started so I could eat something, just before I left the PS4 I checked my drivers profile only to notice the game has classified me as a U1509?

Project CARS 2_20170924135140.jpg

The progress graph shows me what I am, the Licence part and the game shows me as something else? Kind of pointless paying attention to a drivers rating if it changes randomly. Also been some random lobby explosions today between qualifying and races that's the differences between Starts, Qualifying and Completed, the game doesn't recognise them as DNF's kind of annoying that they show up on your record at all.

Can you shed any light @IanBell @The_American .

Has anybody tried the Formula X yet? It says it has over 1100bhp but the most I see (using the live telemetry setting hud) is only about 700ish. The boost is up full and the air restrictor is as open as it can be. Any thoughts would be useful :cheers:
You have to use the KERS to get the full power.

in multiplayer i think there could be more info showing in the leaderboard (while in session), like country and name of a car.
sometimes theres country flag and picture of a car but sometimes theres nothing

Hi,

I started in Tier 4 Cayman Cup. First series was "Euro Cup". Settings are AI 80, agressiveness 50. Won all races, gap to second place in practice and quali is 1-2 seconds.

Now it's on to "International Cup", still Cayman. First event is Fuji, I know the track well. Same settings (80/50) as above. Now I'm on the last place in practice, gap to first place is 2-3 seconds.

What's going on here?

D.

Check tyre temperature. From Championship n2 mine are always blue no Matter what, in every qualifying session. From 2 seconda faster to 5 slower.

There should also be a lobby name and they said we'd be able to set that so people know what they're getting into but we still can't do that...

I'm starting to get pissed because I saw the development this whole. Time and we still have minor issues that would seemingly get picked up along the way

in multiplayer i think there could be more info showing in the leaderboard (while in session), like country and name of a car.
sometimes theres country flag and picture of a car but sometimes theres nothing
I'd like all game modes to have the names of the cars in the results screen as well as the pictures of them. There's plenty of room for some text in the boxes too.

I had serious issues with the default controller settings (PS4). Eventually found some that were acceptable. Not knowing some of the tracks I put driving line on which for some inexplicable reason seemed to ignore some of the corners resulting in some minor excursions.

I realised that not having ABS meant there was no steering under braking, even in a low powered car on a dry track.

Not a fan of the stability set up, though it seemed pretty necessary on the Clio Cup I tested as it seemed to swap ends regardless if I so much as reduced the accelerator slightly.

At the moment I prefer the original game.

So todays aim was going to be raise my driver rating above 1600 to start filtering out some of the riff raff as it were. Finished race, game increased me to E1556. Exited online before the next race started so I could eat something, just before I left the PS4 I checked my drivers profile only to notice the game has classified me as a U1509?

View attachment 675031

The progress graph shows me what I am, the Licence part and the game shows me as something else? Kind of pointless paying attention to a drivers rating if it changes randomly. Also been some random lobby explosions today between qualifying and races that's the differences between Starts, Qualifying and Completed, the game doesn't recognise them as DNF's kind of annoying that they show up on your record at all.

Can you shed any light @IanBell @The_American .

I think it's an UI bug.
As you can see below, your rating is still E1556

Why do F1 GTR LT and CLK LM have ABS while F50 GT and Panoz GT1 don't? CLK LM even has TC??? I think in PC1 none of GT1 cars have these equipped

Last edited:
Back