Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I may be speaking for myself here, but I for one, really hope they expand on the road car collection in PC2. The most fun I've had in the game has been racing all of the road cars.

"Future road cars will be featured in Project Cars 3" - Ian Bell 2017

:D:D:D

Any mention of improvements to the FFB?. For PC players it may work but from a console user point of view having that many settings is useless. After messing around for hours and reading/using Internet settings I just gave up and use default settings

Given that new cars showing up lately have been often associated with new brands, I understand their caution....

As for the loose surface stuff: it reminds me of Codemasters back with Race Driver 2/3. They offered huge variety of classes and series, and while it certainly wasn't perfect it was pretty awesome nonetheless. However since AUtomobilista and iRacing are both doing the same thing I'd say it's a natural progression in the industry now that the simulation capability can handle it.

I think it's safe to say that many people here will be ecstatic with some of the new marques and cars in the works. However, I'm seeing a bit of same "neat cars with no rivals" direction, a big weakness of the first game. My hope that the future car list would result in more cohesive classes...has not been recognized.

Can you let them know that since you a WMD member?

If the plan is to fill out classes during DLC similar to pCARS 1 then I'm personally find with that. But it's a valid point, certainly.

But they need to ensure there is a free DLC or in game car that comes with that class, like the GT-1, and LMP900 cars in pcars 1 is all DLC only, which is a shame,

Found a Tweet from Ginetta. Might mean PC2 thing.

Most likely about the inclusion of the LMP3, and would for sure be about project cars 2, they more or less stated that support for pcars has stopped until the second game comes out,

Most likely about the inclusion of the LMP3, and would for sure be about project cars 2, they more or less stated that support for pcars has stopped until the second game comes out,
Also means something before PC2 as well which could transition in to PC2.

This was something people brought up in PCars1 and it never got much response. I've given up trying to even provide feedback to them as it doesn't seem to get noticed.

I'm going to make an exception for one thing: broken glass. It still appears to be the 1990's esque laughable broken glass graphical element we witness in PCars (so bad it broke the entire immersion of the game for me). It's in the current Phoenix prototype right now and I'll have to raise hell if they plan on leaving that silliness in the game.
What else is in Phoenix?

I know a lot of folks using consoles like to see games issued every year or so. For example as a Canadian kid growing up playing hockey we loved seeing EA's NHL issued every year and each iteration was not always an improvement over the previous version. Started from around 1992 or so and soon enough I had more copy's then my youngest son at 21 years of age.

Love it or hate it I feel iRacings model is far superior as a PC racing service. 12 weeks of racing followed by 1 week of engineers updating the software. At $49 per year it is a bargain, sure there is a large investment up front, all depending on what you want to race, what you want to drive. If you want it all there is some large amounts of money invested but it's yours forever even if you take a year or two or three off of the service.

I'm going on 6 years at iRacing and I am a 100% content owner and any new content I get an automatic 30% off. So now I don't have six disc for six years of racing, much like EA's NHL game with over 20 cartridges and disc's, which are not always an improvement, iRacing continues to evolve with improvements every 3 months (12 weeks).

I am willing to bet that pCars will follow EA's business model, it will not improve each year, some years new features will be a bust. They will chase a feature set that will pan & bust cycle just like EA sport has done. This is inherent in console based games. I personally would love to see pCars follow an iRacing business model where it evolves in a positive fashion every 12 weeks and at $49 per year it is a win-win situation. You can opt out any time you want and rejoin to a current version which is very robust.

With regard to iRacing - it may well be great, but as someone with zero interest in racing online it's completely irrelevant to me. I'd hate to see SMS move to that model.

Back to pCars 2 - it certainly won't be a new release every year. The first game is over a year old, and based on what I'm seeing in WMD - pCars 2 is still at least a year away now. We won't know until it's finished of course, but I'm optimistic that people will be pleasantly surprised* when it arrives.

* if they can implement everything they're working on, I actually think it will be awesome. But wary of being accused of hype ;)

Unfortunately I'd say no real good news for any "series" outside of the same GT3 abundance. As I mentioned in an earlier post somewhere there are still the large limitations on licensing and I'm seeing the same 'cool car...no opponent' issues. I'd expect about the same as Project Cars 1. Hope for 2-4 cars for class if you're lucky --- the exception being the popular GT3 class etc. Now, I could be wrong and there may be more stuff in the wings, DLC etc.
I was actually thinking about this and the DTM license recently. Was it Simbin who has the really strict license on DTM to the point that no other games can have more than one DTM car? Forza had to cut out a bunch of its DTM, and the Audi DTM was also cut from PCars. This really stinks, but I'm still confused because The Crew actually has two licensed DTM cars; the Mercedes C 63 and the BMW M4 (and the M4 has the official livery!). Does anyone know why PCars was limited and The Crew wasn't? Is it because it's a closed track sim, while The Crew is an open world arcade racer?

Found an article when browsing down PretendRaceCars.net and found an interview with them and Ian Bell. I found a screenshot as well which will be below and in the OP of a street circuit that looks like Long Beach in a Pagani Road Car. :)

https://pretendracecars.net/2016/07/03/ten-laps-with-ian-bell/

13570244_10153905445400817_1145504764_o.jpg

Back