Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I still have my copy for the Amiga in the original box. ;)

I have the emulated version for the Amiga playable through Windows. I remember going to the Arcade back then and playing Hard Drivin'. The game that started it all was Indianapolis 500. I had a controller, that felt similar to a wheel. I just cannot remember the first wheel, that I used. But, now back on topic. Just been waiting for something to actually simulate real driving! I really think SMS and Everyone that helped has got Project CARS 2 done right!

TexasTyme214, the audio may not be the final version as it is still a WIP.

For comparison with real world physics:

Leh Keen behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 GT3 R at the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, just prior to a nine-hour red flag stop to racing due to poor conditions.

Not the world's greatest comparison because it's a different time of day, different level of rain and no fog. But you can gain something out of it.

The Project Cars 1 board is barely active and I tried looking in the past for answers to my questions but couldn't find anything so here it goes.

In the career mode of PCars1, is the weather the same every time you enter the race? I'm doing the LMP 2Euro Endurance season and Nurburgring GP seems to rain every time. No way around this right?

The Project Cars 1 board is barely active and I tried looking in the past for answers to my questions but couldn't find anything so here it goes.

In the career mode of PCars1, is the weather the same every time you enter the race? I'm doing the LMP 2Euro Endurance season and Nurburgring GP seems to rain every time. No way around this right?
Nope. Scripted weather.

Weird. I was just watching different youtube videos of the career race and some had rain and some didn't. I'm pretty sure they weren't online but I didn't look at the driver names. I have it set to 50min with tire wear x2 so we still have to pit once... if it as dry. Rain tires at x2 is awful. Maybe for the sake of simply moving on I'll keep tire wear normal so the slicks aren't an issue and if it rains they last how long they should normally last. I just want to progress to the Spa and Le Mans multi-class races!

Nope. Scripted weather.

I've seen this reply many times, but I swear I've restarted a career race because of a stupid 1st lap mistake or something, and had different weather.
Eg. 1st time - light rain, 2nd time - no rain

I've seen this reply many times, but I swear I've restarted a career race because of a stupid 1st lap mistake or something, and had different weather.
Eg. 1st time - light rain, 2nd time - no rain
I'll try it again tomorrow on my day off. Too late to concentrate on that level now. Also I saw you @Animera post in one of those PCars1 topics about a new FFB settings you came upon that's really good. Is it just stronger and what not or were you trying to make it like Assetto Corsa which others have tried as well?

I'll try it again tomorrow on my day off. Too late to concentrate on that level now. Also I saw you @Animera post in one of those PCars1 topics about a new FFB settings you came upon that's really good. Is it just stronger and what not or were you trying to make it like Assetto Corsa which others have tried as well?

I was trying to get a better road feel like AC has without just turning up the FFB strength.
The setting I posted give me more feeling of subtle effects, while the FFB strength is not overpowering.
It made a huge difference to the feel of the game.

If I get some time I'll go relook at the weather in career races to see whether it actually happens or if I was just dreaming.

Back