Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I take it all back... This game is awesome!!!

:rolleyes:
:lol:
Dont worry i'm also not a big fan of those pesky ferrari 488 gt cars
:)

Something i noticed with the P1 GTR after completing the McLaren Proving grounds and completing all 3 McLaren events to unlock the P1 GTR.

Is the fact that the gauge in the display where it tells you how many kilometers you have travel doesn't restart?

Before completing all the McLaren stuff that gauge use to restart whenever you switch cars or turn the game off

This is what i mean
Project_CARS_2_201710282117144.png
Makes a little weird now cause the miles i have driven the GTR are why more then what the kilometer gauge says now :crazy:

Last edited:
Guess I'll try some more online sessions and see how it goes. If I get another session disconnected like that I might as well just give up on online and wait for a patch.
Following my previous post, I'm very disappointed.

My online experience has been awful. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 2 out of 3 races end up with some sort of bug... You know, races that already finished before starting, sending everyone to the pits for a penalty but then nothing happening, disconnections, etc...

The bugs are so weird and random that it's difficult to even explain them.
Not to mention the huge, annoying freezes that plague every other session...

At least I haven't lost 40 points (all at once) like the first time, but it's a waist of time as it is for me.

I played Project Cars 2 this morning to continue my Group 5 series in career mode. After having some problems with steering sensitivity in my Monday Night Series race, I decided to change it up a little bit to make the driving a bit easier. I expected to get destroyed on Imola in the wet with my 935, but after starting 13th on the grid, I managed to win by 53 seconds. On 80% AI! Decreasing the sensitivity and softening the suspension was a masterstroke. After an 11th at Algarve and a DNF at Spa, this was a HUGE win for me. A demolition more like...

Anyone?

Also, I find the main problem inherent with the online is that it's connecting people all over the world in the same lobby. If we had regions it would make things a lot better. Just to be able to stay in North America would keep lag down. East Coast to West Coast isn't that bad but East Coast to Brazil, UK, Germany, UAE, and Japan all at once is gonna be tough...

Also, I find the main problem inherent with the online is that it's connecting people all over the world in the same lobby. If we had regions it would make things a lot better. Just to be able to stay in North America would keep lag down. East Coast to West Coast isn't that bad but East Coast to Brazil, UK, Germany, UAE, and Japan all at once is gonna be tough...
In Custom Lobbies, I don't really think this is a good idea in practice and some other solution would help more.

If they did Organised Races like GTS and iRacing, I wouldn't say that would be as much of a problem.

@IanBell , If a new patch is coming, and it addresses the online licenses, please reset everyone's license back to 1500. You owe us that. I've lost at least 240 points to races that I've joined, never got a chance to participate in, had to restart my PS4, only to find I took a 40 point hit. If the system is truly supposed to work, than it needs to be reset. Anyone that gained an advantage under compromised settings, should be willing to reestablish their advantage under fair settings. Seems fair racers have really gotten screwed under the current system. Thank you.

Just now, drove my first P1. Silverstone National, Multi-class with Road C and Track Day A&B cars. 10 minute practice. It's a cool car. It's as though I can "feel" the aero grip in corners. I don't think the aids were on. Kept it respectful by, only accelerating from 4th gear on the straight sections.
Cool watching the cars get smaller in the mirror as i pulled away.

Also had a go in the 570S. Didn't like it. Seemed harder to drive than the P1.

Pagani Zonda Revolucion Vs McLaren P1 GTR

Classic Silverstone GP

Start Time - 12:00
Time Progression 5X
Season - Summer
Weather - Clear

2 Laps Each
Fuel Load 40L
Tyre Pirelli Slicks

Round - I
Pagani Zonda Revolucion - 1:25.681
McLaren P1 GTR 1:19.660

Round - II
Pagani Zonda Revolucion - 1:24.782
McLaren P1 GTR 1:19.892

Round - III
Pagani Zonda Revolucion 1:24.360
McLaren P1 GTR 1:19.726

Round - IV
Pagani Zonda Revolucion 1:24.215
McLaren P1 GTR 1:19.356

Round - V
Pagani Zonda Revolucion 1:23.220
McLaren P1 GTR 1:19.138

Round - VI
Pagani Zonda Revolucion 1:23.784
McLaren P1 GTR 1:18.754

Round- VII
Pagani Zonda Revolucion 1:23.439
McLaren P1 GTR 1:19.141

Maybe in a track with tighter turns the Pagani Zonda Revolucion may have a chance

I love this gif so much! I mean, Monza in Autumn? I have to say, not only do I love pCARS 2's track list, I also like the fact that it features all four seasons and all tracks. Most racing games (notably the sim ones) need to start doing that often when it comes to tracks.

Good job SMS! 👍

Agreed! Also love the gif and the autumn leaves. Also love how SMS have really improved the driving feel of some of the classic cars on default settings. The Lotus 49 (non-winged), and Lotus 25 and 40 are all transformed and a joy to drive on old style tracks - especially with the beautiful autumn setting.

Last edited:
Back